SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Your fuel prices

Tags
prices
713K views 5K replies 577 participants last post by  ChrisZwolle 
#1 ·
Show your current fuel prices.

Please show them in your local currency, Euro's and US Dollars.

http://www.xe.com/ <- Currency converter

Netherlands:

22 september 2008:

Euro 95 € 1,559 liter / $ 8.64 gallon
Euro 98 € 1,607 liter / $ 8.91 gallon
Diesel € 1,311 liter / $ 7.39 gallon
LPG € 0,724 liter / $ 4.02 gallon

Unmanned gas stations usually discount up to 10 eurocents, incidently more. Only motorway/freeway gas stations charge the full price.

#2,000 ·
I refilled my car this morning at 1.71 EUR per liter for Super E 5. My car can't handle the E10 that would've been 1.68.. Traditionally (at least in Bavaria) prices on Motorway reststops are 3 to 5 cents higher so you should always refill at an "Autohof" where prices are similar to normal gas stations. Of course, around here prices change 3 times during the day and at a 5 cent range at that. It's complete chaos...

#2,009 ·
In contrast when I first moved here in 2004 gas was about $1.54 a gallon. Ahh the good old days!
Back in late 2008-early 2009 when it felt as though the economy was collapsing, it was possible to get gas for $1.60 and I was able to fill up at around $18. :)

Now? $4.15 is around the average in my area (Greater Hartford). Haven't seen much of a drop yet.

#2,006 ·
Last saturday I was luck to have filled my car still paying Super Unleaded 95 1,773 €/litre!

I filled 20 € then on next time I will check-out the prices of a unbranded filling station next to Milan Malpensa Airport and make my calculations about my convenience to go to fullfill my tank in the nearby Switzerland.

Then I hope this wintery April stops to s**k and I'll use my bike!

#2,010 ·
So what you're saying is, we need another economic collapse for gas prices to fall? In that case, we should be looking for Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal, and Ireland to collapse instead of propping them up. Right?

#2,011 ·
Paradoxically, yes. If those countries collapse along with the Euro's value against the dollar, the price of oil will go down with it due to demand destruction. Throw a slowdown in China and subsequently here too and that will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

But we would probably not want the world's economy to collapse for obvious reasons. :laugh:

The price of oil is totally inflated BTW, probably by $30-40. Compare it to natural gas which has the same markets and you will see the disconnect.

#2,012 ·
If the Eurozone economies implode, and the euro devaluate, the oil price in euro can be still the same, since the oil prices are denominated in dollars....depends on actuall situation.

The price of oil and natural gas may disconnect, the reserves and mining of these two resources is also quite disconnected. Nowhere is written that the ratio oil/gas price has to stay the same forever.

above that I dont expect BRIC economies to enter recession any time soon. And also African economies are on the steady rise trajectory.... More then enough to step in the gap in demand on the EU or US side.

#2,014 ·
Who's prices? Can you be more specific please?

Yesterday I filled up my Camry and gas was still $3.54 a gallon for unleaded plus which is 15% ethanol. I think I spent about $24 USD. We never let our tank get below half full. Yesterday it was about 1/3 empty.

In a couple of weeks I think we will have a road trip to Cincinnati..a trip of about 500 miles one way. Should cost me about $100 USD for gas.

#2,018 ·
In Ingolstadt when arriving, Diesel was 1.54 €/L, I tanked before that, before entering the A94 near Forstinning, at a SIT-Station, with 1.42 €/L. That's quite a difference. In Munich I also saw prices were lower than Ingolstadt.

#2,019 ·
Some taxes over gas here are decided on a regional basis, and now in Balearic isles and in Castile-La Mancha gas prices are more expensive now because of that! :bash:. Here in Aragon they don't apply some taxes they have in other comunities, so gas prices are among the cheapest in mainland Spain.

Funnily enough, while 95 petrol has went down, diesel is now more expensive:
Diesel: €1.354/l
95 petrol: €1.421/l

#2,026 ·
This doesn't make sense to me either (although car is the primary means of transportation in the U.S.), but if gas prices went up to $8/gal, believe me, there would be a nationwide riot here 'cause not many people realize how much more expensive gas is in other countries.

#2,035 ·
Most European cars have a 1.2 - 1.8 L engine, 2.0 - 2.5 L for more luxury family cars. 3.0 L and more is quite rare, and is usually found in large SUV's and pickup trucks.

American pickup trucks are not uncommon in the Netherlands, but they usually run on LPG (€ 0,70 per liter) instead of gasoline (€ 1,80 per liter). And they have space for a large LPG tank, some can tank as much as 150 - 200 liters.

#2,040 ·
Could be, I think I made a good choice for 4300€.
It's a 2000 1.9TDI 116HP Audi A4, 193000km, 18900 when bought, 3 months ago.
It's not the quietest of them all, but it's fuel consumption is good (with a full 62L tank can drive ~1000km), and acceleration and speed I would say too, and not to forget, really spacious :).