SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Your fuel prices

Tags
prices
713K views 5K replies 577 participants last post by  ChrisZwolle 
#1 ·
Show your current fuel prices.

Please show them in your local currency, Euro's and US Dollars.

http://www.xe.com/ <- Currency converter

Netherlands:

22 september 2008:

Euro 95 € 1,559 liter / $ 8.64 gallon
Euro 98 € 1,607 liter / $ 8.91 gallon
Diesel € 1,311 liter / $ 7.39 gallon
LPG € 0,724 liter / $ 4.02 gallon

Unmanned gas stations usually discount up to 10 eurocents, incidently more. Only motorway/freeway gas stations charge the full price.

#2,025 ·
#2,026 ·
World prices by country: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_price#Typical_gasoline_prices_around_the_world

When $8 or $9USD /Gallon is the norm here in Europe, I can't believe how incredibly cheap gas is in the US :eek:hno:
This doesn't make sense to me either (although car is the primary means of transportation in the U.S.), but if gas prices went up to $8/gal, believe me, there would be a nationwide riot here 'cause not many people realize how much more expensive gas is in other countries.

#2,027 ·
This doesn't make sense to me either (although car is the primary means of transportation in the U.S.), but if gas prices went up to $8/gal, believe me, there would be a nationwide riot here 'cause not many people realize how much more expensive gas is in other countries.
No riots! If fuel in the USA would raise up to 8$/gal then car manufacturers must work on fuel efficiency.

A 3000cc car is rare to see in Europe, in the US it is the average displacement, isn't it?

#2,029 ·
No riots! If fuel in the USA would raise up to 8$/gal then car manufacturers must work on fuel efficiency.

A 3000cc car is rare to see in Europe, in the US it is the average displacement, isn't it?
Since gas went up to $4/gal in 2008 a lot more people started considering buying fuel efficient cars in the U.S. and manufacturers are working in that direction very aggressively. They started bringing small cars like Ford Fiesta, Kia Rio, Hyundai Accent to the U.S. market which would be very hard to justify just a couple of years ago. And of course you have lots of Hybrids around too.

I have a 2.4 liter car which is still probably the most common engine for a mid-size sedan. Despite higher gas prices many Americans still prefer large trucks and SUVs.

#2,031 ·
In Ingolstadt when arriving, Diesel was 1.54 €/L, I tanked before that, before entering the A94 near Forstinning, at a SIT-Station, with 1.42 €/L. That's quite a difference. In Munich I also saw prices were lower than Ingolstadt.
More cars and less competition makes the difference in the afternoon. The night/monring-price is meanwhile around 1.51 and the best offer 1.379.

#2,032 ·
As recently as 2010 56% of the private vehicles sold in the USA were pick-up trucks, SUVs and mini-vans. That's how we roll in the US..

http://articles.boston.com/2010-11-05/cars/29305509_1_truck-sales-vehicle-sales-gas-prices

DETROIT — Trucks outsold cars by the highest margin in nearly five years in October, a small sign that the economy may be starting to improve.

These trucks aren’t the tractor-trailers that haul freight. They were vehicles such as pickups, SUVs, minivans, and smaller SUVs, which made up 54 percent of all US vehicle sales according to industry tracker J.D. Power and Associates, while cars made up 46 percent of the market. That’s the biggest margin of difference between the two categories since December 2005, when trucks accounted for 56 percent of sales.

#2,034 ·
Since gas went up to $4/gal in 2008 a lot more people started considering buying fuel efficient cars in the U.S. and manufacturers are working in that direction very aggressively. They started bringing small cars like Ford Fiesta, Kia Rio, Hyundai Accent to the U.S. market which would be very hard to justify just a couple of years ago. And of course you have lots of Hybrids around too.

I have a 2.4 liter car which is still probably the most common engine for a mid-size sedan. Despite higher gas prices many Americans still prefer large trucks and SUVs.
Good Thing! (that was also the jingle of Chevrolet Eco Logic engine's commercial in Italy)

By the way the average engine in Italy is the 1.4 liters! And this is also throughout Europe. Only in Germany engines usually have an higher displacement but this is due to their speed limit free highways!

#2,035 ·
Most European cars have a 1.2 - 1.8 L engine, 2.0 - 2.5 L for more luxury family cars. 3.0 L and more is quite rare, and is usually found in large SUV's and pickup trucks.

American pickup trucks are not uncommon in the Netherlands, but they usually run on LPG (€ 0,70 per liter) instead of gasoline (€ 1,80 per liter). And they have space for a large LPG tank, some can tank as much as 150 - 200 liters.

#2,040 ·
I once test driven two vans; one with a 2002 1.9 diesel engine (no turbo) and a 2004 1.5 dci turbo diesel. The 1.5 engine was much faster and more quiet as well.
Could be, I think I made a good choice for 4300€.
It's a 2000 1.9TDI 116HP Audi A4, 193000km, 18900 when bought, 3 months ago.
It's not the quietest of them all, but it's fuel consumption is good (with a full 62L tank can drive ~1000km), and acceleration and speed I would say too, and not to forget, really spacious :).