SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Valencia, Spain. Ciutat Vella - Historic Zone

11K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Balansiyí 
#1 · (Edited)
Valencia is a city of Spain, is situated in the east of this country, in the Mediterranean sea.
Valencia is the 3ª largest city here, after Madrid and Barcelona…. It has 1,850.000 inhabitants in Metro Area and 810.000 in the city, the city is the
20º largest in the EU.
It was founded in the year 138 BC.
Some important fairs are the Automobile Fair or Furniture Fair, is a very important city in fairs.
One of the more famous places is the “Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias”, a complex with planetary, IMAX cinema, museums & many other things... probably next to the “CAC” there will be 3 news skyscrapers between 220 and 308m. Other famous places are the beach, the seaport, some gardens and many historic buildings.

Ciutat Vella de Valencia, District which includes the historic zone of the third largest city in Spain with 1,850.000 inhabitants. Is the capital of Valencian Community too.

50 Photos
VALÈNCIA - VLC, CIUTAT VELLA (HISTORIC ZONE)

Ciutat Vella – Historic Zone :

Barrio del Carmen – Carmen Neighborhood

Barrio del Carmen at the left, Turia Gardensin the centre:

Plaza de la Virgen – Virgen Square

Catedral de Valencia – Valencia Cathedral

Plaza de la Reina – Reina Square

Calle Barchilla – Barchilla St

Calle - Street

Calle de la Paz – Paz St

Iglesia Santa Catalina –Santa Catalina Church

Calle San Vicente Mártir – San Vicente Mártir St

Edificio Común - Building common

Pasaje Ripalda – Ripalda Galery

Calle Barcas – Barcas St

Calle Correos y Ayuntamiento de Valencia – Correos St & Municipality of Valencia

Calle Pérez Pujol – Pérez Pujol St

Calle - Street

Plaza del Ayuntamiento – Ayuntamiento Square (Municipality Square)

Plaza Redonda – Redonda Square

Calle del Trench – Trench St

Avenida María Cristina – María Cristina Av

Mercado central – Central Market

Lonja de los Mercaderes - Auction

Calle Bolsería – Bolsería St

Plaza Tossal – Tossal Square

Calle Caballeros – Caballeros St

Palacio de la Generalitat – Generalitat Palace

Calle de Serranos – Serranos St:

Torres de Serranos – Serranos Towers

Missing some monuments such as the “Estación del Norte”.

See less See more
#4 ·
Sorry, Pavlemadrid.... I hate locking threads but it is probably the only way to get people to
adhere to the rule of crediting where the photos came from. For instance, if these are your own, this thread should have been started in Urban Showcase. Read the rules, and pm me when you are ready to credit the photos . Then I will unlock it. Thank you.

#8 ·
Quina ciutat tan bella i a més tan vella (jeje), i el seu centre és simplement fantàstic, els seus carrers, la seva arquitectura, i sobretot, aixó sí, la seva llum, n'hi ha especial...

Thank u very much for your fotos, and show us the wonder capital of València, i love its architecture, and the gothics buildings, do u have got pics of "La Lonja"?

#18 ·
Thank you! ;)
You must also know a couple of new things: Valencia is recently well known because of the America´s Cup 2007 event, wich is considered the most important sailing race in the world. there will be another America´s Cup event in 2009. Next week, the Indoor Athletism World Championship will take place at the City Velodrome (wich has been prepared to this sort of sports) and the most important event of the year will be celebrated on the 24th August 2008; the F-1 Europe GRand Prix, with an urban race track surrounding the harbour area and the America´s Cup port.

PD: Don´t forget our local festivity, the Fallas , from the 15-19 march, the most important and traditional festival of fire, pyrotechnia, colour,sound and art in the whole world!!
Yeah! :)

#17 ·
You must also know a couple of new things: Valencia is recently well known because of the America´s Cup 2007 event, wich is considered the most important sailing race in the world. there will be another America´s Cup event in 2009. Next week, the Indoor Athletism World Championship will take place at the City Velodrome (wich has been prepared to this sort of sports) and the most important event of the year will be celebrated on the 24th August 2008; the F-1 Europe GRand Prix, with an urban race track surrounding the harbour area and the America´s Cup port.

PD: Don´t forget our local festivity, the Fallas , from the 15-19 march, the most important and traditional festival of fire, pyrotechnia, colour,sound and art in the whole world!!

#21 ·
Hmmm....beautiful city, beaches nearby, mediterranean climate....what else do you need? Pavlemadrid....you said there are other cities in Spain that are prettier than Valencia....what are considered the most beautiful cities of Spain (that are fairly large, not small towns)? I'm very attracted to Spanish cities... :)

#23 ·
^^
But Bosman says "large cities", and Salamanca and Santiago are not big cities...

Big cities would be Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Bilbao and Sevilla, in that order.
I´ve not been in Sevilla, so i can´t say what are the most beautiful, but Madrid and Bilbao... they are not the most beautiful xD.

So the rating is between Valencia, Sevilla and Barcelona.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.