SkyscraperCity Forum banner

#PROJECT: THE GATE, 4 X 60F Res + Com, 250m 75F Res + Comm (Shams Abu Dhabi)

79K views 200 replies 78 participants last post by  isicman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Project: The Gate
Architects: Arquitectonica
Floor Counts: 4 X 60F Res, 75F Res + Comm
Construction start: ?
Construction end: ?

See less See more
#134 ·
Heavyweight topping for Gate Towers on Al Reem Island

Rebecca Bundhun | Apr 12, 2012

The span lifted this week is part of a structure bridging and capping the 65-storey Gate Towers, which will ultimately contain 16 penthouses with views of Abu Dhabi Island
and the Arabian Gulf. Each penthouse will consist of two storeys and include an indoor swimming pool. Fatima AL Marzooqi / The National

Workers yesterday carried out a record-breaking construction feat on Al Reem Island in Abu Dhabi as they hauled a 750-tonne section of a penthouse bridge to a height of 245 metres.

It took three days, starting on Monday, to lift the penthouse bridge into place. Fatima Al Marzooqi / The National
http://www.thenational.ae/thenation...ght-topping-for-gate-towers-on-al-reem-island

#142 ·
Hello All,

I actually have one unit in GT-2 and this is the first time I visit this great forum. Looking at the pics, the buildings look nice, but there seems to be virtually nothing around it. So I'm wondering about how inhabitable this project is and if there are indeed any businesses around this area which would make people want to live there. Your thoughts are appreciated.

#145 ·
Sorouh have just announced a 6 month delay to this project, so guess that takes it to about June 2013. The roads are in fairly good shape around it and there is a fountain nearby. There will be a "Boutik" shopping area in Sun and Sky Towers (but wasn't yet open when I visited in April but told it would be shortly) and I understand Waitrose supermarket will be located there. Think there will also be a Boutik shopping area in Gate Towers when finished

#144 ·
World’s highest penthouse bridge structure completed

Gate Towers (Supplied)

By Staff | Published Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Abu Dhabi-based developer Sorouh Real Estate Company has completed lifting the fourth and final section of the penthouse bridge for its 65-storey residential development Gate Towers on Shams Abu Dhabi, Al Reem Island, said a press statement today.
http://www.emirates247.com/property...ridge-structure-completed-2012-05-30-1.460908

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/abu-dhabi-completes-world-s-highest-penthouse-bridge-459838.html

#153 ·
Tameer and Sorouh splited, they were going to build 2 towers each, Sorouh took one extra tower and sold the other land plot, only 3 towers then 2, 3 and 4, there is no tower 1.

Sorouh is expecting to complete the handover in 9 months time, they told me that yesterday.

Sorouh told me that they are not selling any units until completion.

PSI told me that they have available units in tower 3 for 800 AED/sqft.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.