SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Kolkata News

1M views 6K replies 193 participants last post by  SadBuffalo 
#1 · (Edited)
There was a thread on this topic before, but I think it got changed to another one or got deleted. I felt the need of this thread for sharing current news items related to Kolkata.

#1,006 ·
The arrests were probably made mostly to pacify the public outrage...the govt also knows probably it would be difficult to convict them with very strong sentences in the long run other than hanging them for 7 days that is...but I agree with Ficci that it seems that the government is being vindictive and selective in handling this issue. If they really wanted to accuse the management then they would have arrested all the board members including the doctors like Chhetri, Dasgupta. Otherwise it just gives out the message that its crime to do business in Bengal and all business people are outright criminals to start with. This is taking the CPM ideology a step further really.
don't worry Indian laws are not so stringent. for a same kind of incident in an industrialized / developed country min 200 yrs in a less than 2yrs trial is for sure,it is even more severe in China and that surely does not hamper their rapid industrialization . I had heard of union carbide (Bhopal tragedy) case where union carbide authority happily and promptly agreed when Indian government asked for the case to be shifted to Indian court . had the case been fought in US court, it could have been settled in 2 yrs time resulted in a severe. punishment and very heavy compensation.
Ficci 's and your viewpoints is rather strange. does ficci want the government to formulate separate law for them or nobody should be held accountable for the incident. it is also strange that all the directors are behind bars. for a accident /mishap an 'occupier ' and / or a manager is to be held responsible and an occupier / manager could be any high level official / director / board member. probably responsibilities are not well defined OR PROBABLY THIS IS NOT MERELY AN ACCIDENT CHARGE .... law expert can explain.... after the Satyam scam people are actually reluctant to become Independent Director sort of thing just like that...

#1,007 ·
don't worry Indian laws are not so stringent. for a same kind of incident in an industrialized / developed country min 200 yrs in a less than 2yrs trial is for sure,it is even more severe in China and that surely does not hamper their rapid industrialization . I had heard of union carbide (Bhopal tragedy) case where union carbide authority happily and promptly agreed when Indian government asked for the case to be shifted to Indian court . had the case been fought in US court, it could have been settled in 2 yrs time resulted in a severe. punishment and very heavy compensation.
Ficci 's and your viewpoints is rather strange. does ficci want the government to formulate separate law for them or nobody should be held accountable for the incident. it is also strange that all the directors are behind bars. for a accident /mishap an 'occupier ' and / or a manager is to be held responsible and an occupier / manager could be any high level official / director / board member. probably responsibilities are not well defined OR PROBABLY THIS IS NOT MERELY AN ACCIDENT CHARGE .... law expert can explain.... after the Satyam scam people are actually reluctant to become Independent Director sort of thing just like that...
I am not sure I understand your second paragraph. The second and the third sentences seem mutually contradictory. But in any case, I don't think Ficci or I for that matter want the guilty people to go free. If they are guilty then they should definitely be charged and convicted. But if you read Ficci's letter, you will see that they demand a fair and uniform basis for charging the people who are involved in the incident - if they have arrested the directors for being responsible then they should have arrested all the directors and not go selectively for the business people only. Ficci's apprehension is that this will give out a negative message to the business community at a time when the state is undergoing an image reconstruction exercise and that they might think that nothing has changed since the days of the Left trade unionism. I merely agreed with this apprehension because I believe in Bengal we have an unusual contempt for business community and readily take anybody who has made money out of a business as unscrupulous human being. MB knows this better than the Left I suppose and have played to the gallery (leaving out the political angle from the equation) by promptly arresting selective people, otherwise if she stood for fair governance she should have got all the directors arrested. This may seem inconsequential and rather convoluted in the face of such a huge disaster, but I guess mutual trusts and sentiments become evident from such incidents.

Disclaimer: I have no connection business or otherwise with Ficci, Emami and Shrachi or even TMC/Left for that matter. Just expressing my views based on the facts reported in newspapers.

#1,008 ·
From today's Telegraph

Hawker raj is here to stay

Mamata Banerjee the administrator prods police to evict hawkers from Calcutta’s pavements and Mamata Banerjee the politician protects them from eviction.

The dichotomy between what the Trinamul-led government wants to do and what it would like to be seen doing was much in evidence on Tuesday morning when Mamata sprang to the rescue of hawkers being evicted from Harish Mukherjee Road, in front of SSKM Hospital.

Barely had a team from Bhowanipore police station asked the hawkers to pack up and leave when they squatted in the middle of the road, throwing traffic haywire from around 11.20 till 11.45am. The protesters lifted the blockade when word arrived that they wouldn’t be evicted.

Mamata herself arrived around noon on her way to Writers’ and spoke to the hawkers for a few minutes. She made the announcement all of them wanted to hear an hour later: “We will not evict anyone, on humanitarian grounds.”

So where does that leave the rest of the city whose right to road and pavement has been usurped? Oh well, what can the government do if “the CPM brings in new people” to set up shop on the pavements, pleaded Mamata.

“Their people have encroached more of the space outside SSKM Hospital. Earlier, there were only 12-13 people there,” the chief minister said.

Leader of the Opposition Surjya Kanta Mishra said eviction without rehabilitation was unacceptable. “We are opposed to the continuing encroachment by new hawkers. But those who have been there for years must be rehabilitated before an eviction drive is launched.”

The police’s abortive eviction drive, the first since the change of guard at Writers’, had apparently been planned after Mamata rebuked the police brass on Monday for not doing enough to rid the city of hawkers. “She had told us that hawkers on the pavements were disrupting the government’s beautification projects. Now what are we supposed to make of this?” wondered a senior officer.

Mamata gave an insight into this paradox in a different context later in the day. “There is a boundary between politician and administration. I should not cross my limit,” she said in response to Ficci’s defence of some of the AMRI directors.

That she stood up for hawker raj in the face of an eviction drive that police say was prodded by her did not surprise a senior bureaucrat who saw from close how the Left Front had dealt — or not dealt — with the problem.

According to him, this was not the first time Mamata had intervened in a hawker eviction plan. “In 2000, the then mayor Subrata Mukherjee had planned an eviction drive that Mamata didn’t approve of. So it never took off,” he recounted.

“Hawker eviction is a politically sensitive subject. The Left had given them a free run on the city’s pavements and Mamata is doing the same,” the bureaucrat added.

The problem of hawkers overrunning pavements was taken up by Calcutta High Court in response to a public interest litigation by activist Subhas Datta to protect the commuter’s right to free movement.

The court has asked the Trinamul-led government to elaborate its stand on hawkers by the second week of this month. “The government has changed. The new government must have a hawker policy. It should inform the court whether it is planning to remove hawkers from the pavements. It should also declare a rehabilitation package for them,” the division bench of Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghosh and Justice Ashok Das Adhikari had said in mid-December.

Going by Mamata’s statement, the government’s official stand wouldn’t be much different from what the Left Front had stated in court.

The previous government had planned to issue identity cards to hawkers and create vending zones during its last year in office, but failed to work out the logistics. In an interview uploaded on the Trinamul’s website, urban development minister Firhad Hakim too has spoken about creating “red, blue and yellow zones” to regulate hawkers.

YOUR PAVEMENT, THEIR BUSINESS
Hawkers in 1996: 1.2 lakh
In 2005: 2.2 lakh
In 2006: 2.75 lakh
In 2010: 3.25 lakh
Hawker unions: 51
Transactions: Rs 8,772 crore annually
Price of 10sq ft of prime pavement space: Rs 1 lakh
Bribes a hawker pays: Rs 30-120 daily
Money police, politicians and officials earn from hawkers: Rs 265 crore annually

Source : http://www.telegraphindia.com/1120104/jsp/calcutta/story_14957183.jsp

#1,009 ·
^^ I don't know if people are arrested selectively .. I think legally one or two high level people are responsible ... so it is confusing to me as to why so many people have been arrested, some of them might be non functional / independent directors. at the same time, one or two must be held responsible and charged. so my view is, all the directors are not responsible but some. I wonder if ficci is demanding the release of all.
disclaimer : I have also no connection with any business, government, any professional body or tmc / cpm. I have never voted in Bengal for any party. this is my views only.

#1,010 ·
No fresh hawkers in city, vows CM

KOLKATA: Chief minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday promised not to allow any fresh encroachments of the city's pavements after she personally intervened to stop fresh takeover of a sidewalk near SSKM Hospital. Mamata was irked after hawkers protesting their eviction blocked roads for an hour. The roadblock left the officebound traffic in the city's south paralyzed.

Mamata, on her way to the Writers' , stopped at Elgin Road - media in tow - to resolve the impasse. "I saw a roadblock near SSKM hospital . At the behest of a CPM leader, hawkers had encroached at least eight to 10 places there waving red flags. How can encroachment happen ? There is a school and a hospital there. If fire tenders are to reach in case of any emergency, they can barely move," she said. The CM alleged a few people were making money in the name of "Sangram Committee."

Source

#1,011 ·
120 companies to take part in state biz summit: IT minister
TIMES NEWS NETWORK
Kolkata: Confident about the success of the upcoming Bengal Leads 2012,state commerce and industry and IT minister Partha Chatterjee on Tuesday said at least 120 companies have agreed to participate in the exhibition-cum-business summit beginning on January 9.He also confirmed the participation of Nobel Laureate Joseph Stiglitz in one of the panel discussions during the summit.
Till date,we have confirmation from 120 companies of which 34 are very big.Around 12 government departments will also participate, Chatterjee told reporters at a press meet.Bengal Leads 2012 (January 9- January 14) is the first-of-its-kind summit organized by the state government to attract more investment to the state.
The minister further added that the state will look forward to increased investment in sectors like automobile and engineering.Investment figures for each project in these sectors usually exceed Rs 1,000 crore.
According to the minister,General Motors director (advanced technology vehicle concepts) Christopher Borrini-Bird,Godrej Group chairman Adi Godrej,SK Birla who chairs the SK Birla Group,ITC chairman YC Deveshwar,Punk Lloyd chairman Atul Punj,TVS Motors chairman Venu Srinivasan,JSW vice-chairman Sajjan Jindal,Eicher Motors chairman Mallika Srinivasan,TCG chairman Purnendu Chatterjee and Universal Success chairman Prasoon Mukherjee will participate in the summit.
Chatterjee added that a 35-member industry delegation from Singapore will visit the state on January 27.Delegates from Mitsubishi will be there as well.They will visit Haldia.
Countering former chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjees barb that the Trinamool Congress government has failed to attract fresh investment to the state so far,Chatterjee said,In the last six months,we have got 84 investment proposals amounting to Rs 65,409 crore in the commerce and industry department while the IT department has received investment proposals to the tune of Rs 1,410 crore,barring proposals by Infosys,Cognizant and Wipro. The IT investment would generate 1.25 lakh direct jobs and an equal number of indirect ones.
Criticizing his predecessor Nirupam Sen and Bhattacharjee,he added,They have lost their mental balance.Nothing was done by the erstwhile Left Front government.We did everything.
According to Chatterjee,after the Trinamool Congress-led government took over in May,it handed over land in Panagarh to the Matix Group on June 27 and to Tractors India in Kharagpur on August 25.Accusing the erstwhile government of not taking the state on the path of industrialization,he said he is ready for a debate with Sen and Bhattacharjee on this issue.
Talking about the state governments land policy,he iterated that none of the companies who have taken land should keep it idle.If any company is willing to invest,we will extend all help to them.

#1,012 ·
AMRI action triggers panic resignations

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...s-panic-resignations/articleshow/11371180.cms

The state government's tough stance against the directors of the AMRI Hospitals has sent ripples of panic across investors and industrialists in the state and triggered a resignation spree in the boards of some of the city's top health care institutions.

In private circles, industrialists have spoken about how the treatment of the AMRI directors not involved in daily operations has created a sense of panic.

Sources said at least 10 directors and trustee members in the state's private and trustee-run hospitals have put in their papers to "minimize the risk of harassment" in the event of an accident.

Anandlok Hospital director Arun Poddar has resigned during the last fortnight, sources said H P Kanoria has quit the trustee board of Vishuddhananda Saraswati Marwari Hospital Sadhuram Bansal and C L Agarwal, V-Ps of Marwari Relief Society, have resigned from the board At least five more city private hospitals are faced with such resignations.

#1,013 · (Edited)
Yesterday hawkers in front of SSKM were evicted by the police that caused lot of noise and CM had to intervene. Today some of those evicted hawkers tried to set up their shops again but police stopped them from doing so...administration seems to be following what CM expressed yesterday of not allowing any new hawker and indiscriminate use of public pathway...this obviously irked hawker unions and they threatened to go on a bigger movement...

আপস নয়, কড়া বার্তা মমতার
এসএসকেএম চত্বরে হকারদের ফিরতে দিল না পুলিশ

নিজস্ব সংবাদদাতা

রাজ্যে ‘পরিবর্তনে’র সরকার এসেছে বলে ফুটপাথে ‘ইচ্ছেমতো’ বসার অধিকার চায় ‘হকার সংগ্রাম কমিটি’। তাই মুখ্যমন্ত্রীর নির্দেশ অগ্রাহ্য করে হকারেরা বুধবার ফের বসতে গিয়েছিলেন এসএসকেএম চত্বরে। পুলিশ তাঁদের বসতে দেয়নি। বরং নতুন এলাকায় ফুটপাথ দখল করে হকার বসতে না দেওয়ার যে সিদ্ধান্ত মুখ্যমন্ত্রী মঙ্গলবার নিয়েছিলেন, তাতেই অটল থেকেছে। বুঝিয়ে দিয়েছে এই ধরনের ‘যথেচ্ছাচারের’ সঙ্গে কোনও রকম আপস করা হবে না। আর তাতেই রোষ বেড়েছে হকার নেতাদের।
হকার নেতারা জানান, শহরের কোনও অঞ্চল থেকে এক জন হকারকে তোলা হলেও তাঁরা আন্দোলনে নামবেন। দরকারে আদালতে সরকারের বিরুদ্ধে মামলাও করবেন তাঁরা। ‘হকার সংগ্রাম কমিটির’ তরফে এ দিন মুখ্যমন্ত্রীর সিদ্ধান্তের সমালোচনা করে সংগঠনের নেতা শক্তিমান ঘোষ দাবি তোলেন, “সুপ্রিম কোর্ট হকার উচ্ছেদের বিরুদ্ধে রায় দিয়েছে। আগেকার পুর-পর্ষদ এবং বাম সরকার হকারদের অধিকার স্বীকার করে নিয়েছে। তা এই সরকারকেও মানতে হবে। ফুটপাথে হকার বসবে।” মুখ্যমন্ত্রী মমতা বন্দ্যোপাধ্যায় অবশ্য এ দিনও বলেন, “আমরা হকারদের পক্ষে। তবে কোন হকার ইউনিয়ন কী বলল, চড়া সুরে বলল না হুমকি দিল, তাতে কিছু যায়-আসে না।”
হকার উচ্ছেদের পক্ষে তাঁরা নন, এটাই মমতা বন্দ্যোপাধ্যায়ের সরকারের নীতি। কারণ এর সঙ্গে বহু মানুষের রুজি-রুটির প্রশ্ন জড়িয়ে আছে। তবে নতুন জায়গায় হকার বসতে দেওয়া হবে না। পুরনো জায়গায় বসতে দেওয়া হলেও সেখানে বসতে হবে শৃঙ্খলা মেনে। যেমন, ইতিমধ্যেই মঙ্গলাহাট এলাকা ছাড়িয়ে বঙ্কিম সেতুর উপরে এসে বসা হকারদের তুলে দিয়েছে পুলিশ। তুলে দেওয়া হয়েছে শিয়ালদহ আদালত-সংলগ্ন অঞ্চল থেকেও।
হকারদের যত্রতত্র বসা রোখার পদক্ষেপে এসএসকেএম হাসপাতাল এবং গোখেল মেমোরিয়াল স্কুলের সামনে থেকে মঙ্গলবার হকারদের সরে যাওয়ার নির্দেশ দেন মমতা। সেই নির্দেশই কার্যকর করে বুধবার ওই চত্বরে হকারদের বসতে দেয়নি পুলিশ। তার প্রতিবাদেই এ দিন হকার ইউনিয়নের সদস্যেরা হরিশ মুখার্জি রোডে বিক্ষোভ দেখান। পরে সাংবাদিক সম্মেলন ডেকে হকার নেতারা জানিয়ে দেন, ফুটপাথে হকার বসবে। কোথায় হকার বসবে, আর কোথায় বসবে না তা নিয়ে কোনও বিভাজন তাঁরা মানবেন না। বেলেঘাটার খালধারে পুরসভা হকারদের পুনর্বাসন কেন্দ্র তৈরি করে দিলেও হকাররা সেখানে যাননি কেন? শক্তিমানবাবু বলেন, “আমরা নির্বাসনে যাব না। পুনর্বাসন দিলে বিবেচনা করব।” তবে হকারদের ফুটপাথে বসতে দিতে হবে বলে দাবি তুললেও শক্তিমানবাবু নিজেও মানছেন, বহু এলাকার ফুটপাথ হকারদের দাপটে হাঁটার অযোগ্য হয়ে উঠেছে। যান চলাচলেও বিঘ্ন ঘটছে। তিনি বলেন, “ওই সব হকাররা হকারদের শত্রু। আমরা বার বার ওঁদের সংযত করার চেষ্টা করছি।”

#1,015 ·
Ratan Tata shows willingness to go back to Bengal

Milind Khandekar
Thursday, 05 January 2012 10:03

New Delhi: Tata Group chairman Ratan Tata on Thursday said that they are willing to go back to West Bengal if amicable reception is given to them.

Ratan Tata alleged that his competitors were behind trouble in Singur and they will name them when time comes. Tata also added that they have opened medical centre in Bengal and it is an important market.

He said that Nano can't be called flop as it sold 1.5 lakh units. However, he admitted that they erred on advertising and dealer network. Tata Motors VC Ravikant said Nano's diesel version will not come at least for a year.

full

if this is true then govt. should explore all possibilities to find an amicable settlement..

#1,017 ·
City to feature on Harley-Davidson map from Poila Baisakh

The Rolls Royce of bikes is all set to cruise into Kolkata. Harley-Davidson, the iconic American brand that has a cult following the world over, has booked a Poila Baisakh entry date with a dealership near Rajarhat.
Harley-Davidson currently sells 15 bikes in India with engines that range from 883cc to 1,802cc. The lineup includes Heritage Classic Softail, Road King, Street Glide, Night Rod Special, Ultra Classic Electra Glide, Iron 883 and Street Bob, apart from Fat Boy, which former Hollywood star Arnold Schwarzenegger rides. The bikes are priced between Rs 5.5 lakh and Rs 35 lakh.
The big-bang launch will comprise a Harley Founders’ ride around the streets of Kolkata. “Existing owners of Harley-Davidson will ride across the city to make sure everyone knows we are here. Thereafter, we will have a series of events, including rock music that is an integral part of the Harley-Davidson culture,” said Anoop Prakash, managing director of Harley-Davidson India, the wholly owned subsidiary of H a rl e y - Davidson Inc.
The company has already appointed a dealership in Kolkata and construction of the showroom is already underway. “Hopefully, it will be ready for launch in April. The showroom will be unique like all Harley-Davidson brand spaces are and represent the culture and lifestyle associated with the brand,” Prakash said on the sidelines of the India Auto Expo.
The motorcycle showroom, spread luxuriantly over 3,000 sqft, will be larger than many a car dealership in the city. it will also retail its equally popular merchandise and accessories. "The service centre will be located next to the dealership, making it extremely convenient for customers," he said. The entry of Harley-Davidson will not only bring to the city some of the meanest and most expensive motorcycles, it also promises to herald a whole new culture that is high on adventure.
"There was a time when one of the original social networks didn't require you to log in. It required you to get on and ride that get-up-and-go thrill of hitting the road with other riders who share that same independent spirit. Harley-Davidson motorcycle owners have been gathering on and off the road for decades as members of the Harley Owners Group (HOG) because they know what riding can do to a person's soul. Kolkata has a HOG c o m p r i s i n g around a dozen or so members and is raring to grow. The dealership will enhance that spirit of adventure in the city," the official said.

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defa...06&PageLabel=2&EntityId=Ar00201&ViewMode=HTML

#1,018 ·
Ratan Tata shows willingness to go back to Bengal

Milind Khandekar
Thursday, 05 January 2012 10:03

New Delhi: Tata Group chairman Ratan Tata on Thursday said that they are willing to go back to West Bengal if amicable reception is given to them.

Ratan Tata alleged that his competitors were behind trouble in Singur and they will name them when time comes. Tata also added that they have opened medical centre in Bengal and it is an important market.

He said that Nano can't be called flop as it sold 1.5 lakh units. However, he admitted that they erred on advertising and dealer network. Tata Motors VC Ravikant said Nano's diesel version will not come at least for a year.

full

if this is true then govt. should explore all possibilities to find an amicable settlement..
Ratan Tata had said the exact same thing last year when asked the same question by the media. But he has not defined what exactly is the amicable reception.

On the other hand Didi rani has stuck to her broken record of 600 acres while reports from some newspapers suggest that some folks are going all out to the point of alleged forgery to usurp the much touted 400 acres for farmers.

A leading Bengali newspaper has alleged that Ratan Tata has not been invited to the Bengal Leads summit. Another newspaper has reported that the extra two acres land allocated to Tata Hospital has been taken away on ground of "ethics" (it is not illegal but unetical as per TMC mandarins).

The TMC top brass has unwittingly ended up picking fights with or giving lectures to various industrialists like the Ruias, Jindals, Birlas etc.

The AMRI tragedy has given a new twist with Mamata's speech intended for the masses ending up with many Marwaris (many of whom are businessmen and industrialists] to think that they have been called terrorists [see Mamata's reaction video in Star Ananda]. Some have told a leading India newspaper that they will move their investments to Gujurat as they are feeling unwelcome.

So much so that even a leading anti left foreign magazine has now said

The head of a business group says “a lot of people are paying lip service” to the idea that things are changing, but they continue to invest outside the state. An entrepreneur who runs a chain of schools is even more pessimistic. The new government is dangerously populist, with “no ideology, no vision.”

That is unfair, but if the government cannot convince local businesspeople, it has little hope of wooing capital from elsewhere, especially when other states, led by Gujarat, have well-oiled machines for attracting money and talent. The hope is that the new government will soon find its feet and turn its attention to reintegrating Kolkata into a global economy that it was once, long ago, at the heart of. Ms Banerjee may be in power for some time, so she has the potential to develop the kind of long-term strategy that is needed for success. The fear is that inaction combined with her popularity in the countryside will condemn the city to yet another decade as India’s capital of stagnation.
West Bengal needs investment and industrialization. It is time the TMC leadership started rectifying this perception that they are anti industry and anti business. The commie/socialist policies have not worked earlier. Why is the TMC still clinging to failed policies? First thing it needs to do is add clauses to the proposed land acquistion bill stating the government will intervene to give a fair deal to both sides if farmers and industrialists together approach the government. That way they can keep their vote banks happy as well as the investors happy. Of course the CPM will make an issue if TMC tries to acquire land. But this govt still has 4.5 years to rule. Unless of course the TMC wants to rule for a historic 34 years.

#1,019 ·
Ratan Tata had said the exact same thing last year when asked the same question by the media. But he has not defined what exactly is the amicable reception.

On the other hand Didi rani has stuck to her broken record of 600 acres while reports from some newspapers suggest that some folks are going all out to the point of alleged forgery to usurp the much touted 400 acres for farmers.

A leading Bengali newspaper has alleged that Ratan Tata has not been invited to the Bengal Leads summit. Another newspaper has reported that the extra two acres land allocated to Tata Hospital has been taken away on ground of "ethics" (it is not illegal but unetical as per TMC mandarins).

The TMC top brass has unwittingly ended up picking fights with or giving lectures to various industrialists like the Ruias, Jindals, Birlas etc.

The AMRI tragedy has given a new twist with Mamata's speech intended for the masses ending up with many Marwaris (many of whom are businessmen and industrialists] to think that they have been called terrorists [see Mamata's reaction video in Star Ananda]. Some have told a leading India newspaper that they will move their investments to Gujurat as they are feeling unwelcome.

So much so that even a leading anti left foreign magazine has now said

West Bengal needs investment and industrialization. It is time the TMC leadership started rectifying this perception that they are anti industry and anti business. The commie/socialist policies have not worked earlier. Why is the TMC still clinging to failed policies? First thing it needs to do is add clauses to the proposed land acquistion bill stating the government will intervene to give a fair deal to both sides if farmers and industrialists together approach the government. That way they can keep their vote banks happy as well as the investors happy. Of course the CPM will make an issue if TMC tries to acquire land. But this govt still has 4.5 years to rule. Unless of course the TMC wants to rule for a historic 34 years.
KAKOSYA PORIBEDONA

#1,020 · (Edited)
I guess time has come for govt. to take the first step to at least explore an amicable solution...if they can personally go to BBs house and woke him up in his undies i don't know why they can't knock tatas door... :)

well lots of things are up in the air...they first started with 50 acres now suddenly more than 250 acres with bogus farmers... i am saying this reports may be correct but let see where it ends up..singur is more becoming godhra where lot of fantasy stories were spread,some true some false...best thing would be to settle down this issue and first step should now come from govt. as things have gone too far now..

Another newspaper has reported that the extra two acres land allocated to Tata Hospital has been taken away on ground of "ethics" (it is not illegal but unetical as per TMC mandarins).
livemint is publishing this 4 months old news now in december and hyping this with Tata...all the allotments done on 28th feb 1 day before the vote announcement thru chairman quota were canceled long back in august...from a long list, one of the beneficiary seems to be Tata...now govt. has demolished that chairman quota and going for an auction to get maximum price with a base reserved price...this is supposed to get the maximum amount of money...earlier auction didn't fetch expected result as the land was on lease,so now they are giving full ownership...i don't see any issue with this..

I didn't know of any fights with Jindals and Birlas...may be i missed...... on the contrary Jindals issue is more or less resolved now pending iron ore issue...for birla if you are referring HM asset then its again matter of investigation if you are actually correct on the numbers that you published..otherwise its clear case of forgery of crores to govt and for Ruia i don't have any info about who is wrong/right

this is pure ghola jole mach dhorar swavab by some section of people...and coming out on TOIlet paper is the cherry on top... but definitely I want all the culprits to be punished whoever they are...and persons who are not responsible should be released whoever they are..after consuming the process of law..

I absolutely agree with you....i hate commies like anything(for them their stupid ism is supreme to nation...recent example is, look for facebook profiles of leaders..flooded with praise for Kim Jong il who is one of the biggest leader in the anti India block.... my hate for them is not case by case...nation is first and it supersedes everything ) so any party tries to be like them is not an exception for me...on the fair side i will give current govt. time to rectify their mistakes...already they tweaked mao policy and got unprecedented result so far...I guess your suggestion of interference if both parties agree, is an excellent one and should be explored if someone from govt. is reading this blog...and I don't want them to rule for 34 yrs by not doing anything...but for me there is more sand left on the stand to flow out...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.