SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Mumbai | Suburban Rail

2M views 12K replies 403 participants last post by  avishar 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
We have Mumbai Metro and Mumbai Monorail Discussion threads. But no thread for Mumbai Railways Discussions and Updates.

I am starting one here.

Source: Hindustan Times

________

Here's a website where one can plan their trips:

http://www.go4mumbai.com/

See less See more
#28 ·
Rajdhani Express may soon stop at Andheri

A survey by Western Railway (WR) and NGO Humlog has revealed that an overwhelmingly large number of passengers want the Rajdhani Express to halt at Andheri station. Over 75 per cent of Rajdhani's passengers, according to the survey, are from the stretch between Bandra and Borivli.

"We realised this after we checked the addresses of passengers travelling by Rajdhani and the August Kranti Rajdhani Express," a senior WR official said.

The official added, "A proposal has been sent to the Railway Board. Passengers on the Rajdhani have to come all the way to Mumbai Central to board the train. Andheri would be more convenient."

Advocate Vijay Singh from Humlog said, "We have requested that the Rajdhani halt at Bandra Terminus, but till that happens, it can stop at Andheri." Singh added that the halt would also minimise traffic congestion in the Western suburbs.

Andheri resident Neelam Gupta is hoping the proposal goes through. She said, "How will the railways suffer if they halt the train at Andheri just for a minute?" Gupta has to leave her home at 1.30 pm to board the 4.50 pm Rajdhani from Mumbai Central.

C P Sharma, divisional railway manager, WR, said, "I'll make it a point to bring this to the Railway ministry's notice."
Source: Mid-day.com

#30 ·
ridiculous. what about all the current bridges over the railway lines? how are they going to have ramps on and off the flyover? how will construction take place without severe disruptions to bombay's lifeline? what about the metro at andheri?

so much rubbish is floated around, its unbelievable

#33 ·
My question is how are they going to implement Metro and Monorail. They both will be east west connectivity.

If they want to do it, do it underground. Will be better. I think they need to revamp all the stations first and make it to the best interiors, security facilities, baggage scanners, computerized tickets, and better seating facilities.

#35 ·
A few months ago, I was thinking, "what if they build the railways underground in such a way that each line runs below the main suburban railway line?"

But this thing is way out of our government's reach. A few months from now, the project will be talked on paper, but nothing will be implemented and the talks will disappear like a smoke in the air.