SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Toledo Development News

Tags
toledo
509K views 4K replies 59 participants last post by  cjfjapan 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I restarted this thread because The Blade stated that they want all of their content deleted from this site, which frankly was quite a lot in that thread. I moved the thread out of sight, if one of the local staffers can clean it out it can be restored.

General reminder: please do not copy full articles from outside news sources into the forums. Best way to go is to copy the title and a small extract and link to the full article. Thanks for working with us.

Here is a link to the previous thread:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=240455

#2,828 ·
Got to see the new UT Dorr St/Secor commercial/residential gateway on saturday after I attended the Rib Off.. It was night time and Fall Semester hasnt started so it was pretty dark but it looks really nice. I really hope they make more upgrades like this around campus to improve student life and help UT succeed.

#2,830 ·
I dont really care for the new southwyck idea.. Theres already 2 recreation centers within a mile or 2 from there (Maumee Sports Mall & Lucas Co Rec Center) I havent looked at the site plans yet but unless it includes a gigantic indoor sports facility (indoor soccer HOCKEY basketball tennis courts all under one roof) I dont think it would work. Lease it out to farmers so atleast it will be green space and they can make money off it till the time comes when something significant wants to come in and take the land

#2,832 ·
the promedica parkway/ 475 expansion project just keeps dragging on.. its kinda getting old and i imagine its a nightmare for people over that way.. I've been in that area a lot lately and its pretty annoying w all the exits and on-ramps opening and closing every other week (seems like thats how its happening) Hoping for another mild winter and another summer of good weather next year so this thing will be complete on or ahead of the current schedule.. Will be pretty nice when its done though I dont really understand a few of the permanent ramp closures.

#2,835 ·
the video mentions a few of the things I listed in one of my prior posts.. but that retail development looks kinda unrealistic. Looks to be a possible 10 story hotel and im not sure what would be retail and what would be hotel in the building.. If the plan works I'd definitely be happy but I hope it doesnt kill off the other recreation centers in the area

#2,839 ·
This plan was a joke anyways. I would rather see a hospital go there then the proposed sports complex. As much as everyone wants an IKEA there, I know IKEA won't allow it due to it's proximity to their other locations. I hope they do figure something out for the vacant land, that area of town desperately needs something to revive it.

#2,840 ·
I dont think a hospital would have worked... you have st lukes, flower, and utmc within a close radius of there. plus im pretty sure prodmedica is planning something on 475 near dussel dr (i've seen their signs over by there for years right off the e-way)

A true gigantic indoor sports venue would work.. theres always teams looking for ice time around here and indoor soccer is getting more and more popular every year. Indoor/outdoor water park would be nice too.. Both would be a big impact with the location off the turnpike and 475..

Any retail would probly do poor due to fallen timbers presence and Levis Commons being near by as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.