SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Hyderabad Projects and Updates - II

2M views 7K replies 458 participants last post by  tpreddy 
#1 ·
Hi

It was recently announced that MW Zander is to build the new Fab City in Hyderabad - does anyone know if the architecture plans for this development are available yet?

Thanks

#2 ·
SemIndia ropes in MW Zander

great news: world leader in constructing Fabs roped in for Semindia plant. :banana:
----------------------

NEW DELHI: MW Zander, one of the world’s largest builders of hi-tech buildings and industrial plants, is all set to give shape to India’s semiconductor industry.

MW Zander will design and construct the assembly test and mark plant (ATMP) of the $3.5 AMD-SemIndia fab. Besides, the company is also in talks with Hindustan Semiconductor Manufacturing Corporation to set up its 10 proposed foundries worth $4 billion.

Worldover, MW Zander builds semiconductor facilities for Intel, AMD, Infineon, Chartered. It also provides services to the world’s largest chip foundry — Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Corporation (TSMC).

“We are designing SemIndia’s ATMP facility. We are also in talks with HSMC and SemIndia to design their facilities. Globally, facilities management and design constitutes about 25-30% of total project cost. We expect the same in India, “ MW Zander’s managing director Helmut Kurzboeck told ET.

Going by these calcualtions, the HSMC fab may yield $1 billion for MW Zander. The SemIndia fab proposed to be set up at a cost of $3.5 billion may yield $875 million in revenues for the company. “Of course, these revenues will flow over a period of many years,” Mr Kurzboeck added.

In India, MW Zander, is about 10 years old with life-sciences clients like Shantha Biotech, Ranbaxy, Reliance Life Sciences, Astra Zeneca and Ministry of Defence. The company provides clean room technology for the electronic, solar, pharmaceutical, chemical, biotechnological and food-processing industries, research in the production of clean room components, construction technology as well as facility management.

The company provides end to end solutions for setting up a chip fab from consulting planning and construction to operation of semiconductor plants. MW Zander also provides sophisticated equipment like cleanroom ceiling grid systems, ultra filter fan units, air showers and precison air-conditioning systems used in chip manufacturing.

A cleanroom is an environment, typically used in chip manufacturing or scientific research, that has a low level of environmental pollutants such as dust, airborne microbes, aerosol particles and chemical vapors. Isocab and Hutchins & Hutchins are other big cleanroom suppliers in the world.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...a_ATMP/RssArticleShow/articleshow/1825680.cms

#3 ·
Authorities yet to wake up!

Projects of significant importance never get the attention they deserve :bash:

-------

HYDERABAD: Stung by criticism over the slow progress in the implementation of the prestigious semi-conductor complex near the city, the State Government has initiated a series of measures to give impetus to the project.

Chief Secretary J. Harinarayan held a meeting with senior officials of the Industries and Information Technology departments to identify and remove the bottlenecks in implementing the Fab City. The Industries Department began working out details of incentives like supply of power and water at concessional rates to be offered to the project. Sources said the Government would issue an order very soon clearing the land allotment and specifying the incentives as well as the guidelines to be followed by the promoter, SemIndia.

The Government is understood to have tentatively finalised a price of Rs. 20 lakhs an acre for alienation of 1,200 acres of Government land to the Fab City, the sources added.

However, only 300 acres would be handed over to SemIndia first for this price. The rest of the land would be allotted, depending on the response by others to establish units in the Fab City.

Senior officials, contacted by The Hindu, insisted that Fab City was going to be reality and dismissed the criticism by political parties as baseless. The Government signed an agreement with SemIndia on February 16 last and the company immediately registered its local arm on February 21.

They attributed the delay in issuing the relevant orders to the Centre not announcing its semi-conductor policy until February 22, 2007. They said SemIndia would invest Rs 15,000 crore for the Rs 40,000-crore mega project.

Following a message from the Government, SemIndia Chairman Vinod Agarwal is rushing here from the United States on Tuesday to respond to apprehensions being raised whether the project would come up at all and whether the company was competent enough to execute it.

http://www.hindu.com/2007/04/24/stories/2007042418090100.htm

#1,104 ·
Dear Babji,
Out of all the members , I see you highly informative on hyderabad projects, We brothers three of us nris living in dubai have bought plots in ghatkesar area in bibinagar and aushapur limits. I have main road plots and also inside plots. Iam expecting inr 5000 per sq yds for my main road plots and inr 3000 for my inside road plots all of which are in ghatkesar.

What do you suggest brother What prices can I get now as on today's date 27th april 2008 how is the market now in ghatkesar any new developments coming up or in pipeline let me know.

My email is uaedubailover@gmail.com

#5 · (Edited)
just a recap: Hyd Calendar
ORR Phase II (61 km) Select builders and award works ============= Aug 2007 (done)
Jamia Osmania ROB (2001 - 2007) ============================ Aug 2007 (done)
Nalgonda cross roads flyovers: ============================== Sep 2007 (done)
MMTS - APSRTC Issue of common fare tickets =================== Oct 2007 (done)
APIIC 100F Trade Tower: APIIC to issue Letter of Award to Reliance === Oct 2007 (done)
ORR Phase II Begin works ================================== Nov 2007 (done)
HMR: Announce Concession Agreement ======================== Jun 2007 (done)
HMR: Open Technical bids ================================== Jul 2007 (done)
HMR: Inauguration of MetroRail Bhavan at Saifabad =============== Aug 2007 (done)
HMR: GoI clearance for 20% viability gap+10% JNURM funds ========= Apr 2008 (done)

Panjagutta flyover part I (ICICI Bank to Topaz Building part): ======== Oct 2007 (done)
Greenlands Flyover Part I (from CM’s camp office to Begumpet ROB ==== Nov 2007 (done)
Chandrayanagutta flyovers: ================================ Dec 2007 (done)
HIAL @ Shamshabad (PPP modal) ============================= Mar 2008 (done)
Six-laning of the road from Mehdipatnam to Hyderguda ============= Mar 2008 (done)
Six-laning of the road from Hyderguda to Aramgarh jn ============== Mar 2008 (done)
Panjagutta flyover part II (Kirtilal Jewellers to Vengal Rao Park/Chutneys) Jul 2008 (done)
ORR phase-1: (22 km) 4 lane connectivity to HIAL (HUDA) =========== Nov 2008 (done)
Greenlands Flyover part II (start from Begumpet and land at HPS ====== Dec 2008 (done)

FAB City: SemIndia Phase-I (with investment of $100 million) ========= Feb 2009 (done) One unit done shipment of product
US Consulate to commence operations ========================= Mar 2009 (done)
Seetafalmandi ROB == ( 13 years in construction!) ============== Jul 2009 (done)
PVNR Eway SD Hospital Mehdipatnam – Hyderguda (5.1 km) (HUDA) ==== Oct 2009 (done)
PVNR Eway Hyderguda - Attapur -Katedan Aramgarh Jn (NH7) ======== Oct 2009 (done)
Musi Revitalization project ================================== Dec 2008 U/C
The Rs 400-crore Charminar Pedestrianisation Project ============== Nov 2008 U/C

Integrated Bus Terminus Twin Towers Sec'bad == Select builder ===== Jul 2008 (on hold)
HMR: Open Financial bids, Select BOT developer ================= Jul 2008
HMR: Commence construction =============================== Dec 2008

MMTS Phase II:
Secunderabad-Medchal (28 km), Falaknuma-Shamshabad (20 km),
Secunderabad-Ghatkesar (19 km), Moula Ali-Sanatnagar (21 km),
Moula Ali-Kachiguda (10 km) and Telapur-Patancheru (8 km).========= Dec 2009 (may be)
ORR Phase II: Induni-Era 12-km Narsingi to Kollur ================== Apr 2010 U/C
ORR Phase-II: Mytas-Gayatri 11.7-km Kollur-Muttangi =============== Apr 2010 U/C
ORR Phase-II: Ramki Infra and Elsamex 12.6-km Shamshabad- Tukkuguda = Apr 2010 U/C
ORR Phase-II: Mytas-Gayatri 13-km Tukkuguda- Bongulur ============ Apr 2010 U/C
ORR Phase II: ITNL-KMC 13-km Bongulur-Pedda Amberpet ============ Apr 2010 U/C

Uppuguda ROB (2007-2009) Kandikal Gate ROB (2007-2009) ========= Dec 2009

Some of the Future Skyscrappers in and around Hyderabad
Building Name ============= Location === Floors == Status
LT Info City "SERENE COUNTY" = Gachibowli === 14 == done == 10 Towers
Urban Entertainment Center DLF Basheerbagh == ?? == U/C (ETA 2010)
Saket and Sumeru Residential == AS Rao Nagar = 23 == U/C Jun 2007 (ETA 2010)
Financial Dist - ICICI Tower === Nanakramguda = 28 == U/C ETA Dec 2009
Waverock ================ Nanakramguda = 18 == U/C 12 acres.
Aliens Space Station ======== Tellapur ====== 30 == U/C ETA Dec 2009
Alien Space Station 2 ======= Shamshabad === 15 == U/C 29 acres of lush greenery 13 residential towers
The Iconia ================== 19 blocks @ 19 === U/C

Lanco Hills - IT and ITES ===== Manikonda ==== 20 == U/C 12 towers Proposed (some in Phase-I 2007-2010)
Lanco Hills - Residential ====== Manikonda ==== 30 == U/C == 16 towers Proposed (some in Phase-I 2007-2010)
28 July 2009 (Lanco Hills Status):
UNIT:=== 02LH = 03LH = 04LH = 05LH = 06LH = 07LH = 08LH = 09LH = 10Lh = 15LH = 16LH = 17LH = 99LH
STATUS:= 21FL = 27FL = 31FL = 21FL == 23FL = 27FL = 24FL = 19FL = 23FL = 24FL = 8FL = 21FL = Elevation W-I-P

Lanco Hills - Signature Tower == Manikonda === 100 == === 2008-2012 (phase-II)
Integrated Bus Terminus Twin Towers Sec'bad == 25F = Select builder: Jul 2008 (completion: 3 yrs)
Business Dist: APIIC Trade Tower Manchirevula= 100+ = 2008 + 4yrs. 40 lakh sft: Reliance :) @Rs. 7000 crore
Lodha Group ============== Madhapur ==4 * 45 ====== 2008-2011

SMR Vinay Fountainhead, Mettuguda======= 4x 22F ====== 2008 - 2011
DLF SEZ 26 acres =========== Poppalguda == ?? == Proposed @Rs. 5000 crore

SIX NEW JEWELS IN HYDERABAD'S CROWN :)
1) PENTAGON ----- The IT and Commercial Hub, Miyapur (104 acre layout at Miyapur)
------------------- The originally planned 200 acres @ Poppalguda is under litigation
2) HUDA Minifer --- The Beautiful city, Budvel (mini township project in 200 acre will comprise of villas)
3) Regal BRoadway - The Hotel Corridor - Badvel (100 acres hotel corridor, by AP Tourism Dept)
-------------------- The originally planned 200 acres @ Shamshabad will be auctioned as plots for housing
4) GIGA City ------- The IT and Knowledge Destination (2000 acres beyond Secunderabad Cantonment)
5) Calibre SEZ ----- Kokapet (100 acre area close to the Financial District and HUDA Golden Mile)
6) Elixir City ------- The fountain of life (200 acre medical city at Ameenpur)
Townships and other multi-use projects
Boulder Hills Golf & Country Club by Emaar MGF 531 acre Rs. 12,000 Crore Gachibowli (2008 - 2010)
Tellapur Township == 400 acre, Rs.10,000 crore township project at Tellapur (2007 - 2010)
Kokapet Golden Mile = 70 acre Golden Mile project at Kokapet (Proposed)
Other Development projects
1) Kokapet SEZ in 275 acres of land (phase-I: Google, Patni, Sonata, Intelligroup,
Conexant, c-Bay, Cognizant, Qualcomm, DQ, Infinite and Tech Mahindra ...) ===== Nov 2007
http://www.cyberabadtimes.net/2007/10/kokapet-to-get-another-it-sez.asp
Hyderabad Digital Media City 100 acres @ Sultanpur ======================= 2008 - 2010

#1,103 ·
Babji Is it right time to sell my plots in Ghatkesar which I bought in 2001, What do you suggest

Dear Babji,
Out of all the members , I see you highly informative on hyderabad projects, We brothers three of us nris living in dubai have bought plots in ghatkesar area in bibinagar and aushapur limits. I have main road plots and also inside plots. Iam expecting inr 5000 per sq yds for my main road plots and inr 3000 for my inside road plots all of which are in ghatkesar.

What do you suggest brother What prices can I get now as on today's date 27th april 2008 how is the market now in ghatkesar any new developments coming up or in pipeline let me know.

My email is uaedubailover@gmail.com:eek:hno:

just a recap: Hyd Calendar
ORR Phase II (61 km) Select builders and award works ============= Aug 2007 (done)
Jamia Osmania ROB (2001 - 2007) ============================ Aug 2007 (done)
Nalgonda cross roads flyovers: ============================== Sep 2007 (done)
MMTS - APSRTC Issue of common fare tickets =================== Oct 2007 (done)
APIIC 100F Trade Tower: APIIC to issue Letter of Award to Reliance === Oct 2007 (done)

ORR Phase II Begin works ================================== Nov 2007 (done)
HMR: Announce Concession Agreement ======================== Jun 2007 (done)
HMR: Open Technical bids ================================== Jul 2007 (done)
HMR: Inauguration of MetroRail Bhavan at Saifabad =============== Aug 2007 (done)
HMR: Open Financial bids, Select BOT developer ================= Apr 2008
HMR: Commence construction =============================== Jun 2008
Panjagutta flyover part I (ICICI Bank to Topaz Building part): ======== Oct 2007 (done)
Greenlands Flyover Part I (from CM’s camp office to Begumpet ROB ==== Nov 2007 (done)
Chandrayanagutta flyovers: ================================ Dec 2007 (done)

HIAL @ Shamshabad ====================================== Mar 2008 (Done)
Six-laning of the road from Mehdipatnam to Hyderguda ============= Mar 2008 (Done)
Six-laning of the road from Hyderguda to Aramgarh jn ============== Mar 2008 (Done)
Panjagutta flyover part II (Kirtilal Jewellers to Vengal Rao Park/Chutneys) Apr 2008
Greenlands Flyover part II (start from Begumpet and land at HPS ====== Apr 2008
Sitafalmandi ROB ========================================= Apr 2008
ORR phase-1: (22 km) 4 lane connectivity to HIAL ================ Oct 2008
The Rs 400-crore Charminar Pedestrianisation Project ============== Oct 2008
PVNR Eway SD Hospital Mehdipatnam – Hyderguda (5.1 km) ========= Oct 2008
Musi Revitalization project ================================== Dec 2008
FAB City: SemIndia Phase-I (with investment of $100 million) ======== Dec 2008
US Consulate to commence operations ========================= Dec 2008
PVNR Eway Hyderguda - Attapur -Katedan Aramgarh Jn (NH7) ======== Jul 2009
MMTS Phase II:
Secunderabad-Medchal (28 km), Falaknuma-Shamshabad (20 km),
Secunderabad-Ghatkesar (19 km), Moula Ali-Sanatnagar (21 km),
Moula Ali-Kachiguda (10 km) and Telapur-Patancheru (8 km).========= Dec 2009 (may be)
ORR Phase II: Induni-Era 12-km Narsingi to Kollur ================== Apr 2010
ORR Phase-II: Mytas-Gayatri 11.7-km Kollur-Muttangi =============== Apr 2010
ORR Phase-II: Ramki Infra and Elsamex 12.6-km Shamshabad- Tukkuguda = Apr 2010
ORR Phase-II: Mytas-Gayatri 13-km Tukkuguda- Bongulur ============ Apr 2010
ORR Phase II: ITNL-KMC 13-km Bongulur-Pedda Amberpet ============ Apr 2010

Uppuguda ROB (2007-2009) Kandikal Gate ROB (2007-2009) ========= Dec 2009

Some of the Future Skyscrappers in and around Hyderabad
Building Name ============= Location === Floors == Status
Financial Dist - ICICI Tower === Nanakramguda = 28 == U/C (ETA Dec 2008)
Aliens Space Station ======== Tellapur ====== 30 == U/C (ETA Dec 2009)
Business Dist: APIIC Trade Tower Manchirevula= 100+ = Oct 2007 + 4yrs. 40 lakh sft: Reliance :)
Lanco Hills - Residential ====== Manikonda ==== 30 == 16 towers Proposed (some in Phase-I 2007-2010)
Lanco Hills - IT and ITES ===== Manikonda ==== 20 == 12 towers Proposed (some in Phase-I 2007-2010)
Lanco Hills - Signature Tower == Manikonda == 100 == Jul 2007-2011 (phase-II)
Urban Entertainment Center DLF Basheerbagh == 60 == U/C (ETA 2010)
Saket and Sumeru Residential == AS Rao Nagar = 23 == Jun 2007 (ETA 2010)
DLF SEZ 26 acres =========== Poppalguda == ?? == Proposed (5000 crore investment)
Integrated Bus Terminus Twin Towers Sec'bad = 25F = Finalize builder: Oct 2007 (completion: 3 yrs)

SIX NEW JEWELS IN HYDERABAD'S CROWN :)
1) PENTAGON ----- The IT and Commercial Hub, Miyapur (104 acre layout at Miyapur)
------------------- The originally planned 200 acres @ Poppalguda is under litigation
2) HUDA Minifer --- The Beautiful city, Budvel (mini township project in 200 acre will comprise of villas)
3) Regal BRoadway - The Hotel Corridor - Badvel (100 acres hotel corridor, by AP Tourism Dept)
-------------------- The originally planned 200 acres @ Shamshabad will be auctioned as plots for housing
4) GIGA City ------- The IT and Knowledge Destination (2000 acres beyond Secunderabad Cantonment)
5) Calibre SEZ ----- Kokapet (100 acre area close to the Financial District and HUDA Golden Mile)
6) Elixir City ------- The fountain of life (200 acre medical city at Ameenpur)
Townships and other projects
Tellapur Township == 400 acre, Rs.10,000 crore township project at Tellapur (2007 - 2010)
Kokapet Golden Mile = 70 acre Golden Mile project at Kokapet (Proposed)
Other Development projects
1) Kokapet SEZ in 275 acres of land (phase-I: Google, Patni, Sonata, Intelligroup,
Conexant, c-Bay, Cognizant, Qualcomm, DQ, Infinite and Tech Mahindra ...) ===== Nov 2007
http://www.cyberabadtimes.net/2007/10/kokapet-to-get-another-it-sez.asp

#6 · (Edited)
some of delyas in contemporary infra projects ...
== Project ============== Original ETA == Completion ======== Delay
Panjagutta Flyover part II ==== Dec 2006 === Jul 2008 ========= 08 months
Greenlands Flyover ========= Dec 2006 === Dec 2008 ========= 24 months

Recent Road Infra project ==== Original ETA = Actual ETA ======== Delay ==
ORR Phase-I 24 km ========== Mar 2008 === Nov 2008 ======== 08 months
ITEL IT Corridor 20 km ======= Apr 2007 ==== Oct 2008 ======== 18 months
Kathipara Grade Separator ==== Apr 2007 ==== Oct 2008 ======== 18 months

BETL B'lore 9 KM =========== Jul 2008 ===== Jan 2010 ======== 18 months
PVNR EEway Hyd 11.6 km ==== Oct 2008 ===== Oct 2009 ======== 12 months

http://www.deccanherald.com/Content/...0706066024.asp
http://20twentytwo.blogspot.com/2008...xpressway.html

Overwhelming response to sale of residential space at LANCO HILLS
18 July, 2007

... About 4 million square feet of residential space has been booked within three days of the opening of the bookings to the public.

... The total area being developed would be around 30 million square feet. The complete project is targeted for completion in various phases ranging from 2 to 4 years.
looks very encouraging.

#10 ·
Overwhelming response to sale of residential space at LANCO HILLS18 July, 2007

... About 4 million square feet of residential space has been booked within three days of the opening of the bookings to the public.

... The total area being developed would be around 30 million square feet. The complete project is targeted for completion in various phases ranging from 2 to 4 years.
That means next phase will not be delayed. :righton:

The ball is now in Lancos court. m))

#8 ·
p.raghavendra6; said:
Today, Punjagutta police towed away my bike for illegal parking.

I had to shell out Rs 200/- (50 for illegal parking, 150 for towing).

I argued that I parked within the margin, but the guy at the police station said that they cant do much coz they already prepared the challan. They didnot even showed me the photograph proof.

By the way, Is our traffic police department outsourced?
most of the personnel inside the station were some private security agency fellows wearing police uniform.
I usually do see some private security people operating at certain junctions. Maybe due to staff shortage traffic department might have hired these guys on temporary basis.

I think traffic cops on that day must have fell short of target set to collect fine amount per day and you were like a god sent gift to them :lol: .

#9 · (Edited)
http://www.cyberabadtimes.net/2007/07/it-not-easy-in-hyderabad.asp
It's not easy in Hyderabad
To build any new facility roads or flyovers in this complex concrete jungle called Hyderabad is a monumental task without being caught in legal problems, or a maze of cables and pipelines.

Though GHMC officials claim land acquisition was the reason for delays, they refuse to admit that they started these projects without acquiring land in the first place. A handful of properties, including those of two former judges, literally put a spanner in flyover works in the city, resulting in overshooting deadlines and inconvenience to road-users. The Punjagutta flyover was caught in legal wrangles. The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC), the executing agency, could acquire a property belonging to a showroom only in April, 2007, two months after the 'official' deadline. Similarly, the Greenlands flyover has overshot the deadline by eight months due to a hitch with four properties. The last of these was taken over in April. Likewise, it took nine months for officials to acquire property of one Habeeb at Chandrayanagutta. Though the flyover works began in September, 2005, acquisition was completed in April this year. These three flyovers showcase official apathy. As a result, traffic congestion is not an aberration, but the norm in the city.

Though GHMC officials claim land acquisition was the reason for delays, they refuse to admit that they started these projects without acquiring land in the first place. Of 116 properties identified for acquisition, 38 land owners gave their consent, while the majority settled for the land acquisition mode. Only a handful went to court. For getting a property of former judge B Subhashan Reddy at Somajiguda, the officials had to spend three months to complete all formalities to acquire it.

The branched-out Punjagutta flyover is eight months behind schedule. Changes in the alignment at Chutney's, acquisition of properties and ever-increasing traffic resulted in delay, claim officials. "Normally, construction of a pier takes 15 days, but due to underground cables, water and sewer lines, the contractor, Gammon India, could complete one pier in three months," GHMC superintending engineer R Sridhar said. Now, the corporation hopes to open it in November....

The 1.1 km-long Greenlands flyover is behind schedule by nine months. The contractor, JMC Projects, bagged the work in December, 2005 and was to complete it by February, 2007. However, the works were stalled at the Begumpet road over bridge (ROB) when the railways raised doubts on the stability of the bridge. The new flyover would be merged with the existing ROB. As the railways wanted to see the design of the flyover, precious two months was lost. The rail officials agreed to the proposal only after studying a JNTU report on the bridge post merger. After several impediments, the flyover works are now progressing. It is likely to be opened by November. The trumpet-shaped Nalgonda crossroads flyover got delayed for over eight months due to acquisition delays and traffic diversions. The disabled welfare department took five months to hand over property to GHMC. The flyover works began in November, 2005, but due to a controversy over the alignment drawings it actually started in January, 2006. It is likely to be over in September.

The smallest flyover (450 metre-long Chandrayanagutta flyover) took nearly two years for completion though the project time was just 10 months. The flyover works started in October, 2005 and should have been ready by September, 2006. Of six properties, one property owner went to court. After the court verdict, the corporation was forced to cough up Rs 7 lakh. With the flyover almost ready, the authorities plan to inaugurate it by August 15...

After nine long years and acquisition delays, the Sithaphalmandi ROB, which started in 1999, is likely to be ready by December.

The Jamai-Osmania ROB, which too began in 1999, is in the final stages of completion. It is likely to be opened by August 15.... Source: The Times of India

#16 ·
Babji
This news totally went over my head! Do you have any more information on this project? The search feature seems to be down
They are keeping a low profile as it has already attracted some criticism from various opposition parties.

The issues raised by the INTAC and Heritage committees have been resolved. The builders agreed to preserve the heritage structures intact and to maintain them. The earth works are in progress. The AP State Tourism Dept also has a stake in it, so we can expect some thing really cool.

We may not get to see any pics or renderings soon for fear of negative publicity...

#12 ·
Hyderabad going green

Source: ToI

THE GREEN REVOLUTION

The green cover in the city is improving thanks to increasing awareness among people and initiatives by the government

Taking a refreshing walk at a park close to your home and not having to drive down to an oasis of greenery kilometres away, might soon become an everyday reality. The government and people are aggressively fighting to preserve the depleting green cover of the city and the endeavour has begun to show results.

The awareness to increase the green cover has increased in the last few years. Earlier, people lacked the right attitude but now – with alarming revelations about green cover depletion – the mindset is changing.

Says K S Reddy, IFS, executive director of Urban Forestry, “There are several new parks and gardens coming up. The Saroornagar Lake park and the one in Vanasthalipuram, are the latest on the list.” With concerns over global warming on the rise, it has become imperative to plant more trees and make space for gardens. The HUDA roughly differentiates parks into big parks and small parks. While the bigger ones require an investment of over Rs 2 crore and are located in commercial areas, the smaller parks can be budgeted at Rs 40 lakh and are usually in residential areas. The forest department also plants trees in specific areas or colonies on request. “We plant trees along roads, develop gardens and maintain them for a year, after which the responsibility is handed over to the colony authorities. There has been an increase in the number of such requests,” says Reddy.

Sheela Singh, a resident of Safilguda, says “The newly built park around Safilguda Lake is a boon.” Tree planting as an activity has also picked up. This is evident by the plant sales recorded by nurseries, close to Rs 100 crores. And with another Rs 40 crores as investment into urban forestry this year, the picture doesn’t look all that bleak.

However, building parks in a busy city is also challenging. Getting empty spaces is a challenge. “Our activities are limited to making parks around lakes, in GHMC-defined ‘open spaces’, or developing the existing ones,” Reddy sighs. The other issue is road widening. The trees planted along the roads are cut during road widening. To escape this, the HUDA plants trees along road dividers and in traffic islands. Making gardens and lawns around lakes has its disadvantages too. “Over the years, beautification activities – like spreading lawns – along lakeshores has depleted close to 30 per cent of the area of lakes,” says Veda Kumar, president of Forum for a Better Hyderabad.

The threat to the lake area is a rising concern. “I think authorities should plant trees rather than have lawns, which are water guzzlers,” says Shakti Singh, a college student. But with the government taking steps in the right direction and people feeling the dearth of the green cover, it looks like the city remaining evergreen might not be such a distant dream.

• According to a global norm, 33% of a city should have a green cover.

In 2004, Hyderabad reached a level of 24% green space, which is a sharp rise from a mere 4.2% in 1994.

New parks coming up at

• Vanasthalipuram

• Sachivalayanagar

• Prashantinagar

• AS Rao nagar

• Patel Nagar (KPHB)

• Chinnathalakunta (Rajendranagar)

• Rajaramnagar

• Theme park at Osman Sagar

#15 ·
Hyderabad going green

Source: http://www.hindu.com/2006/04/14/stories/2006041421700300.htm
HYDERABAD: The long-awaited park in the midst of highly congested concrete jungle in Narayanguda is only six months away.

The Hyderabad Urban Development Authority (HUDA) will develop the most modern park with a swimming pool, gym, joggers' track, amphitheatre, skating rink, children's play area, ponds and foot bridges in over six acres of land acquired from the Excise Department.

HUDA Chairman D. Sudheer Reddy laid the stone for the Rs.4.5-crore park on Thursday, and called upon officials to complete it by October 2 when HUDA would turn 31years.

Healthy living

Emphasising the need for the park at Narayanguda for the benefit of people living in surrounding areas, he said pure air and water were important for a healthy living.

He said if Bathkamma kunta dispute were resolved, HUDA would develop a park in the 100-year-old kunta as suggested by Anjan Kumar Yadav, MP, to protect it from encroachments.

Mayor T. Krishna Reddy congratulated HUDA for taking up the work. He said some amount from Mayor's funds would be allotted for the park.

Himayatnagar MLA Kishan Reddy said the entire land should be allotted to the park.

#17 ·
Cyberabad Times
Mega tourism works in progress
The Tourism Department took up works valued at Rs 1,500 crore under public-private partnership (PPP) mode and some of them are in various stages of execution.

Works of Hyderabad Expo Centre and Spa training centre are nearing completion and would be inaugurated before the end of next month. Disclosing this at a press conference here today, after Chief Minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy formally launched the material pertaining to joint promotional initiatives by the Department and Air India at Assembly Committee Hall, Tourism Minister Anam Ramanarayana Reddy said that the Department has signed an agreement with Air India to promote tourism in Andhra Pradesh globally with an investment of up to Rs 24 lakh.

The influx of tourists to the State has slowly been increasing and it has touched 11.17 crore mark last year compared to 5.2 lakh visitors in 2001. Foreigners among the visitors last year were about 6.6 lakh. Night bazar in the city outskirts and Shilpa Sampada at Shilparamam will be ready next year.

Similarly, tenders were already invited for the construction of 30 budget hotels. The Minister informed that the Department would also utilise the occasion of conducting the 4th Military World Games in the city to promote tourism world-wide as defence personnel from about 90 countries will be participating in the games. An eight-day cultural programme 'Vijaya' will be held on the occasion of Military World Games. Source: The New Indian Express

#18 ·
Originally posted by ranga in the previous thread.
There is, no doubt, overwhelming response for the LANCO project.The price at which it was sold went upto Rs4250/- per sq ft.The signature tower is bound to come.The approval of International Aviation Authority,Canada is awaited.I can say optimistically that demand for ten more LANCO Size project is there in Hyderabad.
Hey tats cool man... But I surely think, by the time it completes there will be some other project which overtakes its height making it no longer remain the tallest residential tower :(

And guys please dont drag the previous thread more!!! Continue in this one!.

#19 ·
Exactly what I said, there is overwhelming response because of the advertisement done about signature tower. Did they open bookings for the signature tower? If so, upto how many floors.

There is, no doubt, overwhelming response for the LANCO project.The price at which it was sold went upto Rs4250/- per sq ft.The signature tower is bound to come.The approval of International Aviation Authority,Canada is awaited.I can say optimistically that demand for ten more LANCO Size project is there in Hyderabad.:cheers:

#21 ·
They say signature tower(100 floors) is going to be taken up in the second phase.The bookings r done only for the other residential towers of 30 floors each.The overwhelming response is not a sudden development.LANCO has been marketing since last one year ever since the project was conceived.We have to wait and watch for the response of other phase consisting of commercial towers IT SEZ complex IT non SEZ complex two massive hotel Projects and the signature tower.So far 1400 flats have been booked with an initial payment of Rs2.5 lacs.

#22 ·
URL: http://www.thehindu.com/2007/07/21/stories/2007072159820300.htm
GHMC plans 2 more ROBs
HYDERABAD: Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) Commissioner and Special Officer C.V.S.K. Sarma on Friday gave administrative sanction to the long-awaited road over bridges (ROBs) at Kandigal Gate and Uppuguda.

While Kandigal gate ROB was estimated to cost Rs. 23 crore, Uppuguda was likely to cost Rs. 18 crore. The estimates included the cost of construction of the two structures and also land acquisition, said Chief Engineer Dhan Singh.

In both the stretches there could be up to 120 properties to be acquired by the GHMC. Both the ROBs would be more or less of the uniform length of 800 metres and two- laners. They would have 7.5 metres of carriageway with 1.5 metre footpaths on either side. Service roads would be of 5.5 metres beside the ROBs. These new bridges would be crossing over the railway line in the old city connecting Lal Darwaza to Chandrayanagutta and its environs.

SCR share: The ROBs were necessitated because of traffic jams occurring frequently in these two stretches and public representatives of the old city had been demanding them for the last few years. The Chief Engineer said the South Central Railway (SCR) would be sharing half the construction cost for the bridge minus the cost of acquiring properties.

The railways had already cleared the plans submitted to them but a formal clearance was expected to be come pretty soon. The railways would be having its own contractor to build the portions crossing its lines while the ramp portion and rest of the 800-metre bridges would be taken up by the civic body’s contractor.

Mr. Singh said the ROBs could be ready within a year-and-a-half of awarding of the contract and once land acquisition was done. The tender process could take up to two months.

#23 ·
URL: http://www.thehindu.com/2007/07/21/stories/2007072150110100.htm
Hyderabad to be made world class
HYDERABAD: Rejecting the Opposition charge of discrimination in the release of funds to civic bodies in and around the city, Chief Minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy declared in the Assembly on Friday that various works costing Rs. 26,188 crore were under way to make Hyderabad a “world class city”.

He was intervening during Question Hour when Telugu Desam and BJP members staged a walkout alleging arbitrary release of funds and faulting the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) for failing to hold meetings with MLAs. The TRS and the CPI(M) members registered their protest, while the MIM charged the Government with increasing taxes.

Refuting that taxes were raised, the Chief Minister said only developmental charges for granting building permission were enhanced. He asserted that Hyderabad would witness development like never before, as special efforts were focussed to provide water supply, drainage and other basic amenities, with the population expected to double to 120 lakh in the next seven to eight years.

Listing the funds earmarked for various projects, Dr. Reddy said the Outer Ring Road was being constructed at a cost of Rs. 4,600 crore, while the Metro rail scheme was being taken up at Rs. 8,482 crore.

The other works include a Rs.2000-crore scheme for development of the old city, beautification of the Musi river (Rs. 900 crore), restoration of lakes and road-widening ( Rs. 500 crore each ), improvement of drains (Rs. 300 crore) and elevated expressway (Rs.500 crore). He announced that all areas would get daily water supply in six months...

#29 ·
With no steps being taken to bring some semblance of orderliness to the traffic which is worsening day by day it is a big joke to talk of making Hyderabad a global city.What are the qualities a city shud possess to call itself a global city? merely increase in population( which is a problem in every city in India) and skyscrapers will not make a city global.

#26 ·
URL: http://www.thehindu.com/2007/07/21/stories/2007072160840400.htm
GHMC staff pulled up
HYDERABAD: Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation Commissioner and Special Officer C.V.S.K. Sarma has pulled up the officials concerned after he noticed the tardy pace of work on flyovers and other issues like glowing of streetlights during his late night inspection on Thursday.

Dr. Sarma was furious over the slow progress of Chandrayanagutta flyover and the delay in construction of the ramp on the DRDL side. He demanded an explanation from engineers and the contractor concerned. He ordered them to complete the ramp within a week and said he would come again to check on the work...

The Nalgonda flyover undergoing construction too was criss-crossed by the Commissioner and his team including Additional Commissioners N.V.S. Reddy (Traffic & Transportation), K. Dhananjaya Reddy (Planning & Projects), Rammohana Rao (Health & Sanitation), B. Ramesh Babu (Works), Devanand (Streetlights & Parks) and others.

The road work has to be taken up on a priority basis and completed within the stipulated time since this flyover too was already delayed, he pointed out. Sewage overflow on both sides of the flyover should be checked and the issue taken up with the Water Works Department.

The GHMC officials visited the Jamia Osmania flyover which is at last ready for inauguration by Chief Minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy very soon after seven years since the construction work began. Dr. Reddy would also to lay the foundation stone for the Rs.22-crore Raj Bhavan to Balkampet road.

#27 ·
Source : TOI

BREAK FROM TRAFFIC

Link road to ease traffic at Punjagutta

Hyderabad: For the harassed motorists of Hyderabad, any news about construction of brand new roads should be good news.

And more so if it enables at least some of them to bypass the congested Punjagutta crossroads and the Ameerpet junction. Well so it will be, though it is meant to benefit traffic moving towards Sanathnagar and Kukatpally from Secunderabad. In the process motorists riding towards Banjara Hills, Jubilee Hills and Hi-Tech City will also benefit, though indirectly.

“If the heavy traffic towards Kukatpally will not traverse the Punjagutta or Ameerpet stretch the congestion is bound to be relieved,” a traffic analyst said.The new road being talked about is an alternate stretch of two kilometres which will be developed from near the Begumpet road over bridge which will touch Balkampet and Fatehnagar.

Work on the new road will begin from next month. The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) has awarded the Rs 22 crore contract last week. The deadline for completion of the link road is 15 months. “The contractor has already started soil testing and other preliminary investigations a couple of days ago. The road work will begin in the first week of August,’’ GHMC chief engineer R Dhan Singh told ‘TOI’.

This new road will be developed along the railway track. A bridge will also be constructed on a nala on the way to avoid land acquisition at Indira Gandhi Puram. Some portion of land from the Hyderabad Public School will be acquired for the new link road.

A bridge will also be constructed beyond Nature Cure Hospital MMTS station and at the GHMC open land to connect the road to Suprabhathnagar near Balkampet. The road from Begumpet ROB to Balkampet will be four lane and from Balkampet to Fateh Nagar, it will be a two-lane road.

While this two kilometre stretch of road is expected to be developed in the stipulated time, the GHMC is unable to carry out plans for another stretch of link road that would have eased the traffic problem to a greater extent.

The corporation had originally planned for a 5-km link road from Raj Bhavan Road to Fateh Nagar via Necklace road MMTS station, railway track, Methodist Colony, Brahmanwadi, Begumpet, Nature Cure hospital MMTS station, Indira Gandhi Puram and Renukanagar and up to Balkampet.

The link road was sanctioned under Mega City work costing about Rs 45 crore. When the corporation was about to call for tenders, residents of Methodist Colony and other colonies took objection for the land acquisition as it is in the buffer zone of the Hussainsagar. The Supreme Court would have to give clearance to the proposal.

#31 ·
Link road to ease traffic at Punjagutta
... an alternate stretch of two kilometres which will be developed from near the Begumpet road over bridge which will touch Balkampet and Fatehnagar.

... Work on the new road will begin from next month. The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) has awarded the Rs 22 crore contract last week. The deadline for completion of the link road is 15 months.

... This new road will be developed along the railway track. A bridge will also be constructed on a nala on the way to avoid land acquisition at Indira Gandhi Puram. Some portion of land from the Hyderabad Public School will be acquired for the new link road.

... A bridge will also be constructed beyond Nature Cure Hospital MMTS station and at the GHMC open land to connect the road to Suprabhathnagar near Balkampet. The road from Begumpet ROB to Balkampet will be four lane and from Balkampet to Fateh Nagar... two-lane...
cool.

#32 ·
Hey Babji,

I was talking to my bro. in India today and he told me about how good the MMTS sys is...well the one that we have....not the one that we want. And so on...

I was just wondering how far have the phase 2 works are going? Any idea?

#35 · (Edited)
I too heard some good feedback about MMTS. According to sources, both the SCRly and GoAP are working on the proposals for phase 2. An important aspect of Phase Two is linking Shamshabad. There could be some changes to the original proposal, but something would certainly come up soon.
Lalu seems to be learning from his experience too. He is listening to his advisros at the IR and doing some things right. Look at how quietly and nicely he improved Vizag Rly Stn (replaced the whole signalling system and added 3 new platforms within the last 1-2 years time).

Proposed (6) routes under the phase 2:
Secunderabad-Medchal (28 km), Falaknuma-Shamshabad (20 km), Secunderabad-Ghatkesar (19 km), Moula Ali-Sanatnagar (21 km), Moula Ali-Kachiguda (10 km) and Telapur-Patancheru (8 km).

#33 ·
Source: Eenadu Hyderabad dated: July 21st

Mucherla IT Park being planned in 900 acres in Saireddyguda village part of Mucherla revenue jurisdiction of Kandukur mandal in survey number 288. Originally this was proposed to be 576 acres, but seems like government is trying to acquire farmers patta lands of about 300 odd acres. It seems that state IT secretary and other officials have visited the site on 20th and also marked the boundaries of the park on ground.