SkyscraperCity Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

DISCUSS: Favorite North American Skylines

4M views 22K replies 924 participants last post by  Zaz965 
#1 ·
Discuss the best North American skyline here.

#401 ·
Few more impressive Chicago skyline from all sort of aerial, Chicago skyline is TOO LONG and Vast to see it nearby!...:runaway:

One of the densest big block on universe! Where else can you see 3 supertalls in one little DT right now on earth?

:cheers:

#411 ·
I think Downtown Manhattan is the best skyline in the world, even better than Midtown Manhattan which I would consider to be the second best skyline in North American and the world. Just the diversity of Downtown Manhattan I haven't seen in any other skyline in the world. As Spooky says, no other skyline has buildings that span 100 years. From classic skyscrapers like the Trump Building to futuristic ones like the Freedom Tower. Plus, I like the way it is laid out, its density, and how it overlooks New York Harbor!

#414 ·
Yes, I guess they do but they don't have anything like the Empire State Building, Chrysler Building, 40 Wall St., Woolworth, etc. which give NYC an edge. No other city in the world has something like that. Just NYC's skyline is much more diverse than any other I've seen. Hong Kong's skyline is way too modern. Chicago does not have a good balance between classic and modern like NYC does. Chicago's post-modern architecture is better. I think many believe Chicago to have a better skyline than NYC because each building in Chicago has its own identity and has its own beauty. But NYC has a certain level of grandeur with ESB, Chrysler, etc. that Chicago doesn't.

#415 ·
Yes, I guess they do but they don't have anything like the Empire State Building, Chrysler Building, 40 Wall St., Woolworth, etc. which give NYC an edge. No other city in the world has something like that. Just NYC's skyline is much more diverse than any other I've seen. Hong Kong's skyline is way too modern. Chicago does not have a good balance between classic and modern like NYC does. Chicago's post-modern architecture is better. I think many believe Chicago to have a better skyline than NYC because each building in Chicago has its own identity and has its own beauty. But NYC has a certain level of grandeur with ESB, Chrysler, etc. that Chicago doesn't.
Yup. We had a height limit during the era of ESB and Chrysler, so that's unfortunate, but there's still plenty to be enjoyed.

#417 ·
Vancouver and Seattle for me.

#418 ·
top 10 usa

1. new york

2. chicago

3. san francisco

4. houston

5. los angeles

6. seattle

7. dallas

8. philadelphia

9. atlanta

10. cincinatti

canada top 5

1. toronto

2. montreal

3. vancouver

4. calgary

5. edmonton

canada & usa top 10

1. new york

2. chicago

3. san francisco

4. toronto

5. houston

6. los angeles

7. seattle

8. dallas

9. montreal

10. vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.