SkyscraperCity Forum banner

#Project: Gateway Motorway & Bridge Duplication

58K views 409 replies 82 participants last post by  marki 
#1 ·

Gateway Upgrade Project

The Gateway Upgrade Project has launched a very good looking site, complete with animated fly through (Total download 6mb.)

Highlights:
ETag - no toll booths
6 lanes in each direction over the Brisbane River
Elevated roadway over the Airtrain line

See less See more
#2 ·
This project is well overdue and is going to be fantastic upon completion. Be good to get this road up to real freeway status around the airport. Now all they have to do is stop the bit to the North from getting potholes in it every 2 months!!

#3 ·
^^ Agree! strongly agree! this will boost trade, employment in the area and population! :) This is a fantastic development for the Australia trade coast... and port of bris

This...
Airport link
Airport Freeway
The NSBT

Great and well needed infrastructure...all funded by 1 government, the state gov...good on Beattie!

#7 ·
cowface said:
When it's complete what's gonna happen to the old section of the freeway?

The old section will remain.

If anything I am very curious to see how or what they do with the Airport Link connection. Surely they will have to put an underpass under that set of traffic lights so that it is a not stop connection....

#13 ·
SoulvisionQ1 said:
^^ Agree! strongly agree! this will boost trade, employment in the area and population! :) This is a fantastic development for the Australia trade coast... and port of bris

This...
Airport link
Airport Freeway
The NSBT

Great and well needed infrastructure...all funded by 1 government, the state gov...good on Beattie!
All by one party?
I’m pretty sure two of those projects have been conceived by the Lord Mayor and financed to some extent.
Also, indirectly most of state government revenue comes from the Federal Government (i.e. QLD’s large share of GST revenue vs the (low) contributions QLD makes to company profits and (low contribution to total) GST expenditure).

#17 ·
Maroon Grown said:
^^ in the video i didnt see a southbound access to the new bridge from the existing mwy allignment. this area is such a grey area of the project as no one from the public actually knows wats going to happen.
Watch carefully, the southbound section goes underneath the new north and south sections to merge on the right side about 250m before the bridge.

#18 ·
zach24 said:
All by one party?
I’m pretty sure two of those projects have been conceived by the Lord Mayor and financed to some extent.
Also, indirectly most of state government revenue comes from the Federal Government (i.e. QLD’s large share of GST revenue vs the (low) contributions QLD makes to company profits and (low contribution to total) GST expenditure).
Yeah sorry, the Airport link and the Gateway upgrade is funded partly by the state gov.

#19 ·
Maroon Grown said:
^^ i dont see that ever happening and really it has no merit.

there is a north south arterial through northlakes but thats about it.

the sunshine mwy i know for a fact will link with caloundra rd. its on the DMR site under Caloundra-Mooloolba Rd
Neither do I. It's too long a stretch, without any huge demand right now. Maybe a second link to Bribie Island, but not all the way to Caloundra.

#27 ·
Maybe up to North Lakes.. I just cant even see it up to Bribie considering the swamps/wilderness etc out there. Also lets not forget the National Park beside Bribie stretching up to the Caloundra turn-off (at the Bruce).

#23 ·
nagelixin said:
It will happen, not for another 20+ years, but there will be 2 freeways linking the north coast (and eventually the same for the south).
i know about the southern corridor and i think its bullocks! why!!!!! there is an 8 lane monster running parallel to it.

as for the north, in 20 years i reckon we'll be lucky to see the Bruce 6-8 lanes little own another freeway. why? theres no towns for it to serve a purpose.

they should be investing heavily in the western bypass and making Old Cleveland Rd from the Gateway a motorway to Cleveland with ofcourse the busway in the middle

#24 ·
^^ With this upgrade, why the hell aren't they upgrading the whole project to at 6 lanes the whole length from Bruce Hwy/Gympie Arterial to Pacific Mwy.

I mean i was stuck in two traffic jams the last few times i was down there, which was about two weeks ago now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.