SkyscraperCity Forum banner

GUANGZHOU | Canton Tower | 604m | 1982ft | 37 fl | Com

1M views 4K replies 652 participants last post by  little universe 
#1 · (Edited)
Proposal 4:

Name: Guangzhou TV & Sightseeing Tower
Architect: ARUP Qualification
Construction period: 2005 - 2007/2008

The tower will be 450 meters tall and is known as the Guangzhou TV & Sightseeing Tower. Inside the sightseeing tower there is a group of climate floors with gardens. The functions of different floors will be made according to their different climate districts and the floors will be named after their climate districts.

A large exhibition hall will occupy the first floor while a 3D movie theater of the desert will be situated 95m above the ground level. A prairie garden in the third public floor, 195m above ground level and a tropics quick dining room at 310m. A temperate zone area and a hotel will occupy the fifth floor, 345-350m above ground, while tundra luxurious dining rooms will occupy the sixth floor, 430m above ground level. 450m above ground will a small city square, known as the North Pole Square be. From the roof above the square a antenna will stretch to 610m.

The proposal was one of the three proposal that was approved to the second competition and was finally approved in december. The ground construction started immediately and the tower is currently under construction.

October 29th

See less See more
#36 ·
outta 4 very tall buildings in this city, 3 of them are going to be tubes...

I'm gonna miss the box

#39 ·
what do you want than I do so ???
renato. please. dont post meaningless requests.read the bloody thread title. its 610m!
warning number 2
is some thing ????
any mistake I relly dont understand you
please do nt be so rude
I want be friendly
and I am not so good in english
I am try to comunicated only this .......

#40 ·
in the last two days you've posted "updates please??" and "anyone there??" in just about every single thread in the construction forums, give it a rest updates come when they come, people may not want to go book flights to guangzhou just to appease your desire for new pictures, be patient and stop posting in every single thread

#45 ·
My favorite design for this project didn't win but i'm sure that it will look amazing when it's finished. 610m is unbelievably tall, the only way you can truly appreciate the height is by actually seeing it in real life.

#46 ·
i still only look at this structure as 450m.with a 160m spike on top.
i mean the spike could be 30m high or 300m high .
CN tower seems to be more flowing design. you probably wont see the spike from ground level.only when from a distance.

#47 ·
#53 ·
^indeed bamboo is one of the most surprising substances on the planet, i've always wondered why you never see massive bamboo structures or bamboo reinforced concrete, its used for scaffolding on account of its cheapness so why not?

Anyway this is the most amazing construction project going up right now in my eyes, its such an unconventional design, and the size of those steel tubes is incredible. I look forward to watching this rise over the next few years its gonna be awesome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.