SkyscraperCity Forum banner

PARIS | Hermitage Plaza | 320m x 2 | 1050ft x 2 | 86 fl | 85 fl | Cancelled

641K views 1K replies 403 participants last post by  Mikiboz 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hermitage Plaza

2 x323m
94 fl and 92 fl
Mixed use
Architect : Foster+Partners

All above: http://www.fosterandpartners.com/projects/hermitage-plaza/gallery/

More information: http://www.hermitage-immo.fr/fr/lib/pdf/Brochure_HERMITAGE_Plaza.pdf

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Old design:

309m and 291m
Architect : Ferrier

Information in english

See less See more
#32 ·
It lost the Tour Signal contest yesterday (Nouvel's proposal grabbed the award), but there is a strong probability for these towers to be built according to several professional newspapers. The company behind this project seems to be very motivated and pushy to get the building erected around 2014, and has already bought the land and startes the procedures to move the inhabitants out.

#48 ·
No it is the same project but we knew since the debut that several towers of the Signal contest could be build. It was quite an official rumor.

According lastest news not only Hermitage with the architect Ferrier want build its tower but aslo Bouygues Immobilier with Willmote and Compagnie La Lucette with Foster.

#49 ·
There were 5 finalists for the "Signal Tower" competition. Jean Nouvel's tower won, so Hermitage(Ferrier), Wilmotte(X Tower), Foster and Liebeskind were the loosers. In the final Round, Nouvel's tower beat Liebeskind one by 9 votes to 3.
Three of the loosers towers have chance to be built: Foster's, Wilmotte's and Ferrier(the twins)

#50 ·
There were 5 finalists for the "Signal Tower" competition. Jean Nouvel's tower won, so Hermitage(Ferrier), Wilmotte(X Tower), Foster and Liebeskind were the loosers. In the final Round, Nouvel's tower beat Liebeskind one by 9 votes to 3.
Three of the loosers towers have chance to be built: Foster's, Wilmotte's and Ferrier(the twins)

#56 · (Edited)
Good news! This was my 2nd preferred proposal for Tour Signal and certainly i would have liked if it have won instead of Nouvel's design, but hearing that Tour Signal AND Tours Hermitage will be built is even better!:banana: ...
I think that the design for this tower is well suited in La Defense, i like that it will be twin towers as well that they will be connected by 2 skybridges , though the facade could maybe have a different look, but it'll probably look different in reality than on the renders.
Another very good thing is that these towers will be used for mostlly residential purposes, which is quite uncommon in Europe until now, but this two towers could be just the beginning of a residential highrise booom in Paris and posiibly other European cities-i at least hope that it'll happen.
If all the currently proposed supertalls (Tour Phare , Tour Generali, Tour Signal and Tours Hermitage) as well as some of the other skyscrapers over 200 m like PB 22 ,Tour Air2 and The new Tour Gan will get built, Paris will have the best skyline in Western Europe by far, beating Frankfurt as well as London and will be no. 2 in Europe after Moscow. IMO Paris even could beat Moscow with maybe another 2 300+ m towers and one tower over 400m (Maybe the Tour sans fins will be re-considered to be built again in the future, who knows) and Paris would be numero uno in Europe as well as in the top 10 skylines worldwide.
But obviously thats not what's most important here, but more important is that this towers are re-making the skyline of Paris, because to face the truth, any major city needs a good skyline nowadays IMO.
P.S i read on Spiegel Online that the mayor of Paris is thinking about allowing highrises to be built in the historical center of Paris again (article in German:http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/gesellschaft/0,1518,555874,00.html ) anybody knows something more about that?
anyway, said enough, here are some more renders of this win towers:

#57 ·
Yes you're right, the mayor of Paris , Bertrand Deolanoe, would like to see some sckyscrapers being built in the city of Paris. He would like to see them closed to the gates of the city. For the moment, a building cannot be taller than 35 meters in the city center, there is a project to change the borders of Paris, it could have the effect to supress this law and to see more skyscrapers in ILE DE FRANCE (metro paris) and especially in Paris. But it's just a PROJECT and in France it's always very hard to make a change :)

Sorry about my english.... I'm too lazy today to think about it :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.