SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Automobile industry

310K views 879 replies 99 participants last post by  tomis3 
#1 ·
Hey fellas, I decided to open a thread about the automobile industry in EE, cause we are witnessing a boom of investments in that sector here. So share with us details of this industry in your country. I know that we're not exactly producing SUVs and cars here but we're still producing at least car parts which is equally as important and lucrative. So share news, post pictures etc. just be constructive. Also, post news/pics of plants that are already producing or that are U/C - no need to post announcements and promises or early interests from companies.

So this is about what I know for Macedonia (I'm sure the other Macedonians around can add other stuff too)

- Johnson Controls are constructing a factory near Skopje for electronics for cars.
- there's also a plant in Struga (I think) for seat belts that has mainly exported it's products in Russia.

#2 ·
DACIA

Hi, what do you mean only car parts???

Dacia factory, Pitesti, Romania

bought by Renault in 1999 and now producing over 400.000 cars a year. Dacia has sold last year cars for over 1 bln EUR

Dacia Logan series

Logan

Logan Van

Logan Break

Logan MCV

#3 ·
That's the project of the first Bulgarian car,branded "Universe".

“Юнивърс” е с двигател от Smart 4/4, на чиято платформа е създаден. Окачването му също е на Smart, но някои от частите и детайлите са български. Агрегатът е с 1.5 литра обем и мощност от 105 к.с.
The engine is from Smart 4/4.The car is made from the Smart 4/4's platform.the suspension is also from Smart,but some of the parts and pieces are Bulgarian.The volume is 1.5l and the horse-power is 105

#4 ·
Daewoo Automobile Craiova

This company is located in Craiova[Romania] and besides 4 models of cars (Matiz, Cielo, Nubira II and Tacuma), it also building motors and gear boxes(and other suff maybe :D).

Images from the factory:

And the 4 models:

Matiz:

Cielo:

Nubira II:

Tacuma:

But soon this factory will be bought by Ford, GM or other, but Ford is the most interested and also wants to extend it. :banana:

#5 ·
"I know that we're not exactly producing SUVs and cars here " huh? :)

Ukraine has full cycle of production of own made cars under our own brands.

There are ZAZ, LuAZ, LAZ, Kraz, Bohdan and some other Ukrainian automobile companies.

LAZ bus

#404 ·
"I know that we're not exactly producing SUVs and cars here " huh? :)

Ukraine has full cycle of production of own made cars under our own brands.

There are ZAZ, LuAZ, LAZ, Kraz, Bohdan and some other Ukrainian automobile companies.
btw, do you know how jokingly we were translating ZAZ in bulgarian durign communism ?

ZAZ -> Завод Автомобилньх Зверей :lol: (Factory for Automobile Beasts)

АЗЛК was known as .... Ах Защо Ли те Купих! (Ах , почему я купил тебя! - Oh Why did i bought you ?!?

#7 ·
is the black guy doing the commercial serbian? :lol:

#9 · (Edited)
Slovakia - Biggest Car Manufacturer per Capita in the world

Volkswagen - Bratislava

Makes Volkswagen Polo, Volkswagen Touareg, Audi Q7, and most parts of Porsche Cayenne.

Peugeot - Trnava

Makes Peugeot 207

Kia - Zilina

Makes Kia Cee'd

Then there is Volkswagen Martin, which supplies all Volkswagen factories in Europe with gearboxes. Many further suppliers all over the country including Jonson Controls, Delphi etc.

#15 ·
You should add the Hyundai factory in North Moravia in Czech Republic. The construction has been started recently... and also notice that Toyota/Peugeot/Citroen in Kolin is a single factory, not 3 separated...

Current Skoda's portfolio:

the smallest model Fabia:

Octavia Scout Estate:

Octavia hatchback:

Roomster MPV:

Superb:

Yeti concept (production scheduled to start in 2008):

Yeti concept cabrio/hardtop:

#12 ·
^^
central part of eastern europe
Then what's the western part of eastern europe?? ;)

Seriously, guys, I'm actually amazed to see so many working factories in EE (and CE). This Czech map is awesome, you're goddamn lucky guys :cheers:

BTW, by automobile industry I meant only cars but whatever you can post pictures of bus/tram/train/tank factories if you like as well. Anything that drives!! :)

We have a bus production factory in MK called Sanos which has sold buses to Belgrade.

http://www.fas-sanos.com.mk/products.htm

#21 ·
This is what is assembled in Slovenia:

Renault Twingo (exclusively in Slovenia)

Renault Clio Campus (also known as Storia in some markets, exclusively in Slovenia)

However, we also build parts for many car makers, for example seat apoulstry for Volkswagen, headlights for Renault, frames for Mercedes Benz. We also make Marbus (former TAM) and Neoplan buses.

Neoplan's airport buses are made in the Marbus assembly plant for example:

And here are some of Marbus' own brand:

Akrapovič, which makes some very well-known motorcycle exhaust systems, is also based in Slovenia and so is Adria Mobil, which makes popular caravans and camping vans.

#22 ·
ARO Cross Lander (Campulung - Romania)

#28 · (Edited)
Trelleborg Automotive produces car parts in Romania

Swedish company Trelleborg Automotive opened last week a plant at Dej, that will produce car parts for Dacia, Renault, Audi, Ford and Peugeot. Company officials estimate sales of EUR 31.5 million by the end of 2009. Trelleborg is specialized in production of polymers parts and is active in 40 countries. It has annual sales of some EUR 3 billion.
(25.06.2007

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.