SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Tampa Central Business District development news

234K views 380 replies 53 participants last post by  Urbanation 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
MOD NOTE 3/11/22:

So, I am not going to have this be a list thread anymore because no one maintains the list. But we're not going to have a catch-all thread either. That's not how this forum is organized.

I am going to turn this into a Downtown Tampa development news thread. However, much like the Channel District thread, projects of significant size will be split off into their own thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Tampa Bay Area Development Master List. This list contains all active developments for Hillsborough and Pinellas counties. We may also have a list for anything going on in our northern counties should things pick up there.

FloridaFuture and Jasonhouse will be keeping the lists updated, so please let either of them know if there is something that we're missing or needs updating.

#62 ·
While I agree with that, we shouldn't really have a Tampa thread.

Maybe if we had more Pinellas people discussing their projects, we could split them all of into their own threads, but as it is all of the single project Pinellas threads have like a dozen posts each tops.

Our forum is definitely Tampa-centric in membership and discussion, disproportionally to the the actual population and development of the two counties.

#61 ·
^^
Well, a lot of these development threads are by themselves, rather than together in one thread like they used to. The two Pinellas threads were combined due to slower activity at the time, plus difficulties differentiating between north and south Pinellas. But even when I first joined, most Pinellas news was kept to their respective threads unless something big was going on that warranted its own thread. Hillsborough was already branching out when I first joined.

And it was never my intention to have a thread for far flung Hillsborough, there just happened to already be a Brandon thread.

#65 ·
Grant Block data needs tweaked... (here on this list, and on its thread title)

Grant Block - 23 stories, 262 feet, 10k sqft ground floor commercial, 360 apartment units, Approved.

Developer: The Carter Group
General Contractor: DPR Construction
Architect: Rule Joy Trammell Rubio

For those not familiar, DPR built Ella, and RJTR designed Element.

#66 ·
I changed the list but the the thread title needs changed. Only Walt can do that.

Also some other thread titles that need changed:

The Aurora needs its name changed
Amazon Warehouse needs its status changed
Martin needs to be changed to one tower
Tropicana Block changed to One
The Kress project thread needs its stats updated

#69 · (Edited)
I've seen an ArcGIS map floating around which has all of that one it, but I don't remember where. Was quite some time ago. I used to working on wet zonings and such, and you have to have that handy to compile the list of addresses to mail notification to. (edit: I think it's somewhere on the property appraiser's site?)

Might be on the DT Partnership site somewhere. Maybe the city's website.

edit2: Yeah here...
http://gis.hcpafl.org/gissearch/

#72 · (Edited)
Ugh, with tinypic now banned I'm going to have to go back and replace a lot of renderings. I'll be working on it in the coming week.

-Changed the unit count for Warehouse Lofts
-Changed the name of Amazon Warehouse to Atlantico
-Changed Agami Tower to SkyView
-Added 700 Central Ave
-Updated The Martin stats

I know the list is missing some small stuff in Tampa/Seminole Heights and Ybor. Not sure if all of it is worth including or even practical.

#73 ·
I used to cut it off at 4 floors, unless it was something of a large scale and worth mention.

Retail projects, and smaller stuff should probably go in the threads dedicated to those areas imo. (like in the Ybor thread) Keeping up those kinds of lists is probably best left to someone in that neighborhood who would be interested in doing that.