SkyscraperCity Forum banner

BSD City

26K views 61 replies 27 participants last post by  langitke7 
#1 · (Edited)
soo..this is the reason why i joined this forum... i would love to know ur opinions about the development of BSD city (tangerang)..

ive heard and seen a lot of their advertisements (radio, newspapers, etc) and,heard some positive comments from people, but personally, am not interested in living there (too far away for me!..)..

anywayyy.. here goes my rant:

i was browsing through their websites, and was looking at the 'de latinos' cluster ..and am quite disgusted with the architecture of the 'hacienda mexicano' houses..im quite mad that this kind of architecture is actually being built! Im not criticizing the whole concept of BSD city (i think its a brilliant idea), and i quite like the designs of other clusters such as the green..but 'de latinos' designs annoyed me terribly. (similarly, many designs of the villas at puncak are just WRONG..eg. kota bunga..which to me, look like a fake, candy land)

okay..back to the 'hacienda mexicano' houses... why would they create a cluster based on the latinos style anyway?? Indonesian culture has nothing to do with the latins..so why would they want to sell this housing concept? Personally, i think it would be more beautiful if they create a cluster based on a modernized betawi/balinese house... gosh..they really are ruining our cultural image...i just cant believe that there are architects out there who designed these disastrous and non-meaningful cluster..ARGH im sooo annoyed

anyways..heres the link to the 'delatinos'
CLICK HERE

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 ·
wow.. thats a very bad version in recreating a hacienda mexicanA

first of all.. de latinos doesn't make sense at all.. becaues it means from latinos.. at least have it be gramatically correct.. de los latinos, which still wouldnt make sense.. from the latins...?

second of all its hacienda mexicana not hacienda mexicano

• Brazilia Flamengo.. neither of these are spanish words.. brazilian should be brasileno, and flamengo isnt a word.. i think theyre trying to say flamingo, which would be flamenco, which is also a genre of spanish music (the one with the clapper things) and what does brazil have to do with mexico.. they dont even speak the same language
• De Rio Brazilia.. doesnt make sense. from brazilia river? if thats what they were aming for then its del rio brasileno which still wouldnt fit..
• Bahama Resort... its the bahamas and the bahamas have NOTHING to do with mexico
• Buenos Aries .. its buenos aires and buenos aires has nothing to do with mexico.. its like the capital of argentina it hink..
• Caribbean Islands .. carribbean which again has nothing to do with emxico

so cheesyy.... thats not even what buildings in mexico look like.. itlooks like some kind of BAD remake of a mexican disneyland..

#8 ·
I think the reason why they use the non-Indonesian design because it actually sells more than the Indonesian-design, this idea came up because most Indonesian buyers still have an attitude in their mind if non-indonesian culture and design are superior than the local... But its just my observation though.

cheers

#9 ·
I think the reason why they use the non-Indonesian design because it actually sells more than the Indonesian-design, this idea came up because most Indonesian buyers still have an attitude in their mind if non-indonesian culture and design are superior than the local... But its just my observation though.
I find it ironic that a lot of countries outside of Indonesia have fallen in love with our architectures. In South Africa, Balinese style houses is all the rage. Hell, many of the real estate complexes are named after Indonesian regions and cities. For example, there is a real estate complex called Sumatra and Denpasar.

#10 ·
Ara said:
I find it ironic that a lot of countries outside of Indonesia have fallen in love with our architectures. In South Africa, Balinese style houses is all the rage. Hell, many of the real estate complexes are named after Indonesian regions and cities. For example, there is a real estate complex called Sumatra and Denpasar.
that is so true! here in australia, they love balinese architecture. Theres plenty of houses that were designed based on the balinese open-plan style. I think our traditional designs are beautiful...and would one day plan my own house based on the traditional style :)

btw,blue-sky, those designs are terrible!

#11 ·
Ara said:
the grass is greener on the other side ;)

#12 ·
Maybe coz Indonesian architecture is in everywhere in here (Indonesia)
So the developer trying to find something different (this is a business strategy to survive in a competition)

I think having another country architecture is not bad, at least we can learn something from the other part of the world

In here (Malaysia) as foreigner I'm very glad saw Balinese architecture in local housing estate. Just image what Spanish or japanese people will feel when they see their local architecture in Indonesia

#14 ·
Ara said:

Hahaha and many residential complexes/apartments in INdonesia are named after european places - BELLAGIO, The PALAZZO, MEDITERANIA, etc.

#16 ·
oh u live in alam sutra.. my ex girlfriend lives there as well...
it's not bad.. i mean.. the concept and all.. but it's still a bit far and out of nowhere.. I reckon if they have a lot more stuff there.. it'll be alright to live in

#17 ·
Mahaputra said:
oh u live in alam sutra.. my ex girlfriend lives there as well...
it's not bad.. i mean.. the concept and all.. but it's still a bit far and out of nowhere.. I reckon if they have a lot more stuff there.. it'll be alright to live in

i kinda like the solitude and jakarta is only a drive away...spent years in the middle of big cities, this is :sleepy:

#18 ·
Office Park BSD Hadirkan Suasana Orchard Road

Laporan Wartawan Kompas R Adhi Kusumaputra

TANGERANG, KOMPAS--Office Park BSD seluas 20 hektar akan dibangun mulai tahun 2007 ini. Office Park BSD akan menghadirkan suasana Orchard Road Singapura yang memiliki pedestrian lebar dan taman hijau.

"Dalam waktu delapan tahun ke depan, kami rencanakan akan berdiri sekitar 20 gedung tinggi antara delapan lantai dan 20 lantai," kata Direktur Marketing PT BSD Rano Jap dalam percakapan dengan Kompas, Kamis (22/2).

Menurut Rano, impiannya membangun Office Park yang bersahabat, akan terwujud pada tahun 2015. Antara gedung satu dengan gedung lainnya akan dipisahkan oleh taman bersama selebar 24 meter. Di sekeliling gedung akan dibangun pedestrian selebar 8 meter. "Pokoknya Office Park BSD berbeda dengan kawasan gedung perkantoran di Jakarta," kata Rano.

Semua lantai dasar gedung perkantoran di Office Park BSD ini akan dimanfaatkan sebagai areal komersial, seperti restoran, kafe. dan sejenisnya. Dengan demikian, kawasan Office Park akan tetap hidup sampai larut malam.

Menurut Rano, di Office Park BSD akan dibangun antara lain gedung perkantoran bank, teknologi informasi, perusahaan minyak. BSD sudah mengadaka pembicaraan dengan bank nasional terkemuka dan perusahaan minyak.

"Kami juga sudah menjajaki membangun hotel berbintang tiga di Office Park ini.. Kami sedang menjajaki ini dengan pemilik Hotel Santika. Hotel sangat perlu karena di BSD ada Ocean Park, lapangan golf internasional. Di German Centre sering ada pelatihan di mana pesertanya butuh tempat penginapan," ungkap Rano.

Rano mengatakan, Office Park dibangun di BSD mengingat saat ini kemacetan lalu lintas di Jakarta sudah parah. "Buat apa orang buang waktu empat jam sampai enam jam di jalan setiap hari jika sebenarnya mereka tidak terlalu perlu datang ke Jakarta?

Jika jarak rumah dan kantor dekat, karyawan bisa pulang lebih awal. Waktunya bisa digunakan untuk bermain golf, berenang, melakukan aktivitas lain, mempunyai waktu bersama keluarga lebih banyak," ungkap Rano lagi.

Ditambahkan pula, dalam waktu dekat Universitas Katolik Atmajaya akan membangun kampus baru di lahan seluas 20 hektar di BSD. "Selain Swiss Germany University dan Unika Atmajaya, ada dua perguruan tinggi bertaraf internasional akan membuka kampusnya di BSD dalam waktu dekat ini," paparnya.

Akses ke kawasan BSD makin mudah karena dapat dicapai melalui jalan tol Serpong-Jakarta menembus Tol TB Simatupang, yang saat ini sudah mencapai gerbang Tol Jatiasih. Jika tol Cikunir sudah dibuka, perjalanan dari Serpong ke Bandung, misalnya, relatif lebih cepat karena tak perlu lagi keluar Cawang.

Selain itu akses ke BSD akan makin mudah setelah PT KA membangun rel ganda dan merenovasi tujuh stasiunnya di jalur Tanah Abang-Serpong, yang rencananya akan beroperasi 24 jam.

"Shuttle bus dari Serpong ke Jakarta disediakan untuk kemudahan transporrasi," tambah Rano yang optimistis Office Park BSD akan terwujud menjadi kawasan perkantoran baru yang menyenangkan pejalan kaki seperti halnya Orchard Road Singapura.

click

#25 ·
BSD to build more universities in the complex
Wed, 03/04/2009 4:06 PM | City

TANGERANG: PT Bumi Serpong Damai (BSD), developer of the popular satellite city complex in Tangerang, Banten, says it has secured a commitment with Atmajaya Catholic University to build a new campus near the BSD complex.

BSD director Ignesjz Kemalawarta said the move was in line with the company's plan to develop the complex as a center of learning.

"The constructions of the Swiss-German University *SGU* and the Prasetya Mulya University campuses are the real evidence of our commitment to transform BSD into a city of education centers," Ignesjz said in a press release sent to The Jakarta Post recently.

BSD is home to the Deutsche International Schule, SGU, Bina Sarana Informatika, the Indonesian Institute of Technology and the Banten Nursing Academy. -JP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.