daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Rate our Highrises

View Poll Results: Rate St. Francis
10 20 28.57%
9.5 14 20.00%
9 14 20.00%
8.5 2 2.86%
8 7 10.00%
7.5 3 4.29%
7 3 4.29%
6.5 0 0%
6 0 0%
5.5 0 0%
5 1 1.43%
4.5 1 1.43%
4 1 1.43%
3.5 1 1.43%
3 or less 3 4.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 8th, 2010, 06:35 AM   #1
kiretoce
I got my eye on you.

Likes (Received): 236

MANDALUYONG | St Francis Shangri-La Place | 60F+60F | 213m

Post away folks!

Link to Thread 4.

Sponsored Links

Old May 11th, 2010, 05:18 PM   #2
vanlei

Likes (Received): 0

got a unit at tower2 higher floor, no globe signal,i wish they would really do something about it,been all over the world,but it's the only place that has no signal! and my faucet fell i can't even call for maintenance to fix it coz they said,i need to buy a new one and they don't wanna replace it coz it was already turned over,floor is ugly,elevators are always out of service( only 1 working), good points are the amenities( pool,gym,lounge) but my gosh rockwell offers that too,so maybe i'll be staying here for a year then sell my unit if the people in shang don't do something quick to really provide us with what we deserve,shang people please give us what we paid for!
vanlei no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 02:53 AM   #3
missionary

Likes (Received): 25

vanlei di ba my 6 months warranty yan?
missionary no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 04:22 AM   #4
vanlei

missionary i guess wala,coz i already installed a new faucet(made of real steel,compared to the one they provided -plastic daw according to true value i have no knowing to all those things) right now i am just pissed that it's been 2 months already of finding a spot for a globe signal(havent tried switching to smart telecoms yet but i am considering that option)my kitchen area near the window sometimes has a signal if i place my phone outside the window(no joke)
Old May 17th, 2010, 07:31 AM   #5
generalist

slowly

little by little things are improving from my end in terms of the service...
generalist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 02:56 PM   #6
jhon45

@vanlei, hope your experience with SFSP will improve soon. I'm a unit owner in the lower floors of T2. We were able to move 3rd quarter of '09. We did encounter some problems inside our unit. My understanding is we were given 1 year warranty (starting turn over date) to have defects corrected. So far, the lady in charge in admin (her name is Len Gonzalvo) has been quick in responding to our complaints. The delays are just because the sub contractors who need to fix the problem would try to insist that it's shang mgmt problem already since the unit has been turned over to us. With constant calls to the admin office, they were able to agree among themselves who's responsible for the fixing. What matters to me as the unit owner that they will adress the problem to my satisfaction. My 1 year warranty is almost over soon, so I have my relatives stay there so they can report any additional repairs needed. Regarding cellphone signal, I used a globe prepaid, my brother has sun cell and smart plans but so far, all our phone works without any problem at all. On the other hand, the prepaid globetattoo /internet access has been poor. I've heard that wifi connection already works in 8th floor. Hopefully next time I go home I wil be able to use the wifi access for free. My TV was able to get local channels even if we did not sign in for a cable service. One more thing that impressed me though was during the recent typhoon season, most of the neighboring areas had no electricity, but our generator worked (everything worked except the electric range, so we end up eating in restaurants in shangrila mall/sm megamall/ortigas area). Hope the other unit owners can share their experiences too. For me, over all, is not that bad at all!
jhon45 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 08:29 PM   #7
missionary

Likes (Received): 25

jhon 4, not bad indeed.
missionary no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2010, 08:29 AM   #8
generalist

For the unit owners - does anyone have suggestions on how to clean the wooden and the tile flooring?
Old May 19th, 2010, 02:38 AM   #9
vanlei

generalist, i hired professional cleaners and i saw them apply this all purpose cleaner that can be bought in true value shangrila mall,i forget the brand though,tile flooring you can use mr muscle, john 45 maybe lower floors has signal already and i am hopeful that things will be great for me this june as they promised to solve the signal problem soon, other units has no internet signal too especially pldt dsl,next week i will try my luck on sky broadband
Old May 19th, 2010, 03:42 AM   #10
SPB9292

Likes (Received): 2

The reality....not a good experience

Ok, I have held back from posting here but as we are now seeing people come on and post their experience of living at St Francis I thought I would come on and add my two won worth.

Firstly, I am not a unit owner, I am renting a 1 bedroom unit in Tower 2. I own a unit in Makati but my office relocated to Ortigas so I have rented my Makati unit out and made the move to St Francis to avoid Edsa traffic.

Ok, lets start with the good things. As has been mentioned before, the gym is superb, they have finally connected the TVs up and it is a very well equipped and modern gym, an excellent place to work out.

Right, thats the good things over with, now for the bad things:

1. My biggest problem with living here is the elevators. WHAT AN ABSOLUTE MESS. THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING. My company designed the MEPF system so I know exactly how they should be working. Instead, the Shang Management have decided to place the elevators on 'manual' and they are controlled by the guards. ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE. People are constantly complaining about this as the guards go point to point, so sometimes you could be waiting for approx 15 mins for a lift. GET THE GUARDS OUT OF THE ELEVATORS....they can run automatically and we can push the buttons ourselves.....MADNESS...the guard wants a break, no problem, lets take the elevator car to P3 and place on shutdown...great, no elevator...and another thing, there is no goods lift, who thought of that bright idea???

2. The frequent abuse of the 8th Floor function rooms by Shang Properties to sell their One Shangri La Place development. No consideration given to residents when they have these events. Potential buyers will have elevator waiting to whisk them to 8th floor in an instant while residents on the upper floors sweats buckets waiting for a lift, as the corridors have no AC!!! Constant milling around of potential investors on the 8th Floor as that is obviously the main selling point for Shang

3. No privacy. Guards everywhere you go, all asking the same question, unit number sir??? I have lived there since February and I still have the same question thrown at me daily by the same guards...just leave me alone!

4. Too many staff. Cleaners, guards, helpers etc etc...100's of them. No separate elevator for the staff so often the lifts will be at B1 or P3 on shutdown

5. In the unit itself the flooring is awful and is starting to sort of like buckle at the seams, very, very poor quality. Dust everywhere, think this is due to the ever constant drilling going on with the building. Other than that, I would say vastly overpriced for what you can get in Makati where all the action is

I won't be renewing my lease when it is up, will be glad to get away from the place and head back to Makati where they know how to run condominiums properly

Just glad I never bought a unit here with a view to rent it out, there are alot sat empty, no one wanting to pay the rent as most of the big earners are in Makati, I have already met 3 tennants who have cut their loses and moved out, can't say I blame them but I need to wait for my unit in Makati to be vacant before I can join the exodus
SPB9292 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 03:44 AM   #11
espmach

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanlei View Post
generalist, i hired professional cleaners and i saw them apply this all purpose cleaner that can be bought in true value shangrila mall,i forget the brand though,tile flooring you can use mr muscle, john 45 maybe lower floors has signal already and i am hopeful that things will be great for me this june as they promised to solve the signal problem soon, other units has no internet signal too especially pldt dsl,next week i will try my luck on sky broadband
i have sky broadband in my unit here at SF. its works well when its connected but sometimes i have to reconnect up to 20 times a day and other days might 5 or 10. i have to reset my router at least once or twice a day. but as i said when its connected it does work well.
espmach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 09:08 AM   #12
generalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanlei View Post
thanks a lot for the suggestion.

for SPB9292...very well said.

Re security - please improve security from the parking lots - anyone can just say a unit no and have access...
Old May 19th, 2010, 09:10 AM   #13
generalist

I am still confident that there is still hope for us owners - i just hope management gets its act together.
Old May 19th, 2010, 10:22 AM   #14
SPB9292

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalist View Post
I am still confident that there is still hope for us owners - i just hope management gets its act together.
I'm sure there is hope for you guys that own units there, and that hope starts with the property management getting there act in order. Right now it is an utter disgrace, no excuses, they have had long enough to sort themselves out. Just think what it would be like if most of the units where actually occupied! The place is empty and they are having major problems! Doesn't bear thinking about

It's a complete shambles, nearly every day when I walk in the lobby someone is complaining (mainly about the elevators), and sadly nothing gets done!

They have tried to pull the wool over my eyes about things, they know who I work for now so the excuses have stopped!

We still have to pick up mail from the front desk! Why can't we use the individual mail boxes provided for each unit, they are all finished....opps someone has lost the keys.........SHAMBLES

Perhaps if you guys, the unit owners, stopped paying the monthly management fees as a form of protest until things got sorted, things would change, but far too many owners seem to be living abroad and are unaware of the situation on the ground, so hard to see things changing until the occupancy increases!

I'll get me coat
Old May 19th, 2010, 02:46 PM   #15
espmach

NOT HAPPY.

I WENT DOWN STAIRS TO CHECK MY MAIL BOX AND FOUND THAT SOMEONE HAS OPENED MY MERALCO ELECTRIC BILL AND STAMPED A RECEIVED DATE ON IT. I HAVE RECEIVED A DISCONNECTION NOTICE, NO BILLING SUMMARY NO ENVELOPE WHICH THE BILL CAME IN OR ANYTHING ELSE. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE MAIL BEING TAMPERED WITH????
Old May 19th, 2010, 08:12 PM   #16
jhon45

Thanks for sharing your bad experiences as residents of st francis. I'm bracing myself of things that may upset me next time I will go home. I'm hoping somebody from shang mgmt logs in here and visits our thread to get ideas on where to improve to make everyone happy.
jhon45 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 02:52 AM   #17
SPB9292

Quote:
Originally Posted by espmach View Post
NOT HAPPY.

I WENT DOWN STAIRS TO CHECK MY MAIL BOX AND FOUND THAT SOMEONE HAS OPENED MY MERALCO ELECTRIC BILL AND STAMPED A RECEIVED DATE ON IT. I HAVE RECEIVED A DISCONNECTION NOTICE, NO BILLING SUMMARY NO ENVELOPE WHICH THE BILL CAME IN OR ANYTHING ELSE. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE MAIL BEING TAMPERED WITH????
Hmm, you have a mail box? Are you in Tower 1?

The reason I ask is that I was told that they had lost the keys to the mail boxes in Tower 2 hence we still have to collect our mail from the reception in the ground floor lobby!

From what you are saying that is bang out of order, I would escalate your complaint up the line, you cannot have people opening your mail, no way
Old May 20th, 2010, 03:24 AM   #18
espmach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPB9292 View Post
Hmm, you have a mail box? Are you in Tower 1?

The reason I ask is that I was told that they had lost the keys to the mail boxes in Tower 2 hence we still have to collect our mail from the reception in the ground floor lobby!

From what you are saying that is bang out of order, I would escalate your complaint up the line, you cannot have people opening your mail, no way
WE ARE IN TOWER 2 HIGH ZONE. I HAVE HAD KEYS FOR ABOUT 1 MONTH NOW. I WILL BE TALKING TO SOMEONE HIGH UP TODAY. ITS BEEN TWICE NOW I HAVE HAD DISCONNECTION NOTICES BECAUSE THEY DONT PUT THE MAIL IN MY MAIL BOX, THATS TWICE I HAVE HAD TO GO DIRECT TO MERALCO TO PAY MY BILL IN PERSON.
Old May 20th, 2010, 04:16 AM   #19
generalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by espmach View Post
WE ARE IN TOWER 2 HIGH ZONE. I HAVE HAD KEYS FOR ABOUT 1 MONTH NOW. I WILL BE TALKING TO SOMEONE HIGH UP TODAY. ITS BEEN TWICE NOW I HAVE HAD DISCONNECTION NOTICES BECAUSE THEY DONT PUT THE MAIL IN MY MAIL BOX, THATS TWICE I HAVE HAD TO GO DIRECT TO MERALCO TO PAY MY BILL IN PERSON.
The excuse they gave me for delivering my Meralco Bill (TWICE ALREADY) A DAY AFTER IT IS DUE (resulting in having to go to Meralco direcly as Bayad Centers wont accept your bill if you have a DUE)...is that they get the bill from Meralco on a specific date and it so happens to be AFTER my own due - HUHHHH? ANyway - best thing to do (although it takes a month to activate) if you can is place it direcly on your credit card bill.

Anyway - im happy to note i am not alone in this now....(when i first started posting it felt like i was the only one having problems)....most seemed to be happy with the delays...
Old May 20th, 2010, 06:47 AM   #20
TonyMan

My complaints

Ugly floors.....wish management will offer me some money or some type of guaranty so I can replace this ugly floors. More complaints....dust all over my floors everyday... and this floors are not easy to clean. That's it folks! No other complaints...
TonyMan no está en línea   Reply With Quote