daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East > Local Forums > Iran > Construction & Development Issues > National Infrastructure and Economy

Old October 22nd, 2010, 05:50 PM   #1
SoroushPersepolisi

Likes (Received): 1277

Schools, Highschools and educational facilities in Iran

High guys, i started this thread so you can post photos and info about schools in iran so we can get a feel of the atmosphere of how schools are (unfortunentaly i dont think they are very good, in various reasons).

also, it would be nice if you post info and photos of schools underconstruction and or being planned.

[/URL]
SoroushPersepolisi está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old October 22nd, 2010, 07:37 PM   #2
FreddyB

Likes (Received): 173

ur not judging properly?why you say it is not good?it SUX HARD

some stuff should really change... btw i will post pics of my old schools soon
Old October 22nd, 2010, 11:09 PM   #3
Koobideh

Likes (Received): 8

I find schools in Iran a bit depressing.

This is a clip from the documentary Dream of Silk and here they talk with students at a girls school in Tehran. It is quite interesting.

Koobideh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2010, 12:08 PM   #4
Shapoor
Highrise Resident

Likes (Received): 12

Depends on the school. I personally had the best primary school experience, great teachers, friends, leisure and food (Koobideh for lunch!).

Most private schools are sucky now, only a few good ones, top public schools are on the rise however.
Old October 23rd, 2010, 12:57 PM   #5
iman08

Likes (Received): 0

As Shapoor said it really depends on the school. There are very good ones, but also bad ones. There are some with quite big area and some just converted from a house to a school. The sad thing is that nearly all schools get money (public schools) from people to let the pupil get into the school. It's actually not allowed, but unfortunately in recent times especially just money talks or pupils with extra high grade are accepted (like above 19/19,50).
iman08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2010, 05:59 PM   #6
SoroushPersepolisi

theres various issues, theres the building and facilities of the school, the educational system and the atmosphere. the atmosphere is probably the worst thing. my cousins tell me it feels like jail rather than school. the educational system is also from like reza shahs time era LOL and the buildings are not equipped appropriately. im talking bout public dolati schools. the govornment does not treat everyone woth equal rights therefor we ve such huge difference in our schools. but in general they are all awefull. jutst the fact that guys and girls are separate kills the whole idea of a proper and relaxed atmosphere for students.

there are so many issues but if i were to name them alll over here it will take me 07498732-498123 hours

[/URL]
Old October 23rd, 2010, 06:16 PM   #7
SoroushPersepolisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koobideh View Post
I find schools in Iran a bit depressing.

This is a clip from the documentary Dream of Silk and here they talk with students at a girls school in Tehran. It is quite interesting.

nd btw when is this from?
see like the environment feels depressing, so hopeless, its like ur in a communist society lol

and although this is off topic , but i never understand why the girls are..., im sorry but their pretty ugly in these type of videos but in the streets in iran you see so many nice girls?? lol it makes no sense

[/URL]
Old October 23rd, 2010, 06:45 PM   #8
iman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoroushPersepolisi View Post
theres various issues, theres the building and facilities of the school, the educational system and the atmosphere. the atmosphere is probably the worst thing. my cousins tell me it feels like jail rather than school. the educational system is also from like reza shahs time era LOL and the buildings are not equipped appropriately. im talking bout public dolati schools. the govornment does not treat everyone woth equal rights therefor we ve such huge difference in our schools. but in general they are all awefull. jutst the fact that guys and girls are separate kills the whole idea of a proper and relaxed atmosphere for students.

there are so many issues but if i were to name them alll over here it will take me 07498732-498123 hours
I think some of the things you said are discussable (like the seperation of girls and boys, like jail, educational system like Shah-era). The educational system itself isn't so bad. I mean we have so many pupils with high grades and quite a admirable amount of them won prices. Iran is in those competetions always one of the countries on the top of the list.
However there are also big problems. Like the money-issue.
Old October 23rd, 2010, 07:37 PM   #9
Koobideh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoroushPersepolisi View Post
nd btw when is this from?
see like the environment feels depressing, so hopeless, its like ur in a communist society lol

and although this is off topic , but i never understand why the girls are..., im sorry but their pretty ugly in these type of videos but in the streets in iran you see so many nice girls?? lol it makes no sense
It's from 2003.

Yeah I noticed the same thing, I just didn't want to comment on the way the girls in the video looked lol.. I have no idea, but girls in Iran who have not finished school yet are not usually very attractive. It's not just school girls in this video.
Old October 23rd, 2010, 07:44 PM   #10
Koobideh

Quote:
Originally Posted by iman08 View Post
I think some of the things you said are discussable (like the seperation of girls and boys, like jail, educational system like Shah-era). The educational system itself isn't so bad. I mean we have so many pupils with high grades and quite a admirable amount of them won prices. Iran is in those competetions always one of the countries on the top of the list.
However there are also big problems. Like the money-issue.
I think Iran's schools are too academic. They are good in that way, like everybody does get good grades and learns things, which is the main thing what school is for.

But I think they should create a more healthy balance between academic studies and other things. I have read some studies which say like over half of Iranian teenagers have thought of killing themselves. Apart from the Islamic laws, I think maybe the setup of the schools might even play a role in why so many of Iranian teenagers are depressed. I am not surprised when you look at the way the schools look!! And I doubt they pay much attention to sports or other courses that can make one happier or more mentally stable and sane.
Old October 24th, 2010, 01:51 AM   #11
iman08

Quote:
I think Iran's schools are too academic. They are good in that way, like everybody does get good grades and learns things, which is the main thing what school is for.

But I think they should create a more healthy balance between academic studies and other things. I have read some studies which say like over half of Iranian teenagers have thought of killing themselves. Apart from the Islamic laws, I think maybe the setup of the schools might even play a role in why so many of Iranian teenagers are depressed. I am not surprised when you look at the way the schools look!! And I doubt they pay much attention to sports or other courses that can make one happier or more mentally stable and sane.
Schools in Iran aren't perfect, as I mentioned there are many big problems. But school can't really be a reason for the youth to think about suicide. I mean there are far more and bigger reasons behind this. Which I think is because of the strict rules of the government that even goes into the personal lifes of the people.
Old October 24th, 2010, 05:33 PM   #12
SoroushPersepolisi

i mean schools are different, for example ive seen pics and videos of my cousins school (boy) and its pretty normal and the teachers are relaxed and funny etc. but ive seen girls schools where they all dress like potato bags and sit in a class with these old witch lookin teachers it makes no sense to me.

and yea irans schools are far to "conservative" i mean even in highschool they practically force the students to learn and get good grades. it shouldnt be like that, the teacher should only come and teach and not care about what the student does after school. they try to discipline the student not teach them academicaly, that method is good for primary grades but not in older grades .

the atmosphere in my opinion is a very simple (in a bad way) and closed atmosphere where books and study is the only thing. i doubt that schools have a proper sports council and have teams that play other schools. like thats something essential for a school. and the educational system isnt bad but they should cut the amount of tests and pop in more assignents and essays and arrticles. everything depending on tests is like from 1920s. and also, students should have a larger choice and chose each of their subjects when in highschool so they have various compulsury courses and some that the other that they choose, as they proceed to higher grades, they cut the number of complusury courses and they have more of a choice, so it seems more like a university. university style is also how the schools should be more like.

and about like other stuff like girls and boys, its all dependant on the gvrnment but anyway it should be mixed (and they should have some separate schools for people that dont like mix). and they should let the students be more free, in many things, from going outof school property in lunch times and dressing ..........

but again all these are dependant on the beloved govornment LOL

[/URL]
Old October 24th, 2010, 05:34 PM   #13
SoroushPersepolisi

Quote:
It's from 2003.

Yeah I noticed the same thing, I just didn't want to comment on the way the girls in the video looked lol.. I have no idea, but girls in Iran who have not finished school yet are not usually very attractive. It's not just school girls in this video.
but here in canada all the persian girls in school are attractive thats whats so confusing

[/URL]
Old October 24th, 2010, 07:07 PM   #14
FreddyB

FREE technological education in Tabriz for 250 000 capacity in order to get closer in making tabriz,iran's electronical city:
http://www.tabriz.ir/Default.aspx?MI...TypeID=6&id=45
Old October 24th, 2010, 07:22 PM   #15
FreddyB

Iran's 1st IT primary school(1 pc for 1 each student) is in Tabriz,but the cost is about 3million toman which is abit expensive
Old October 25th, 2010, 06:36 AM   #16
FreddyB

my former highschool(dabirestan) : D

Old October 25th, 2010, 05:04 PM   #17
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

Likes (Received): 54

one of the good things about Iran's educational system is that Iranian student have always or most of the time very high grades and also Tehran university is amongst the top 500 universities in the world, to be honest I never saw smarter kids than Iranians

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

TEHR_IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 05:46 PM   #18
FreddyB

Iranians are smart,but the school system is really boring and unstandard.I would say iranian's talents get WASTED in iran's schools.
Old October 25th, 2010, 08:49 PM   #19
iman08

I would say that their talent really gets wasted, when they have a high grade and enter the job market, but find no job!
Old October 25th, 2010, 10:49 PM   #20
TEHR_IR
Golfo_Persico

Likes (Received): 54

yeah but that has to do with Iran's bad economy and job market, but like the best doctors and sientist people of the world are almost all Iranian, yeah but on the other hand maybe if school wasn't boring students wouldn't had such a great grades...
also the current situation in Iran pushes people to study harder and to have good grades so that they can go eventually to a good university and get a good job, some of them are lucky others aren't, let's hope Iran's economy gets better so that people can get more jobs.

IRAN AVIATION THREAD

IRAN/PERSIA PICTURES

TEHR_IR no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
education, iran