daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Fun Forums > Creative Corner > The Drawing Board > Scale Models

Scale Models Showcase and discussions

Old October 13th, 2011, 02:56 AM   #1
SWFC fan
like a whisper...

Likes (Received): 27

My Imaginary City

EDIT

Revised version of the city, with the same area, but different map starts on page 6.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Established circa. 1418 on a small rocky peninsula, Dasnai was founded mainly as a merchants port. Because of its location on the mouth of the Hadlen river Dasnai soon grew to a bustling town of commerce. As more ships came and went bringing exotic items and people to the town, the name Dasnai leaked through to many wonderous places in the world.

The town, glamorous and peculiar as it was, had a problem. It is not a usual problem that populated places have, Dasnai's problem was that the city did not have enough land. The small spit of land that held the core of the city was always overcrowded. Throngs of people lined the streets every waking hour. And so it went for hundreds of years.

But situations always change. It happened in August, and it left an imprint forever after in the minds of the citizens as the Fire Days. The city was as dry as a dried up riverbed when by accident someone tipped over a lantern. The flickering flame spread into a raging inferno that lasted for 5 days before it was quenched. Nearly all of the wooden buildings were gone and a large amount of the masonry buildings were damaged beyond repair. Thousands of people were homeless and destitute.

Everything was almost going to go beyond the point of no return when Tourane M. Dasnai was brought in to asses the situation. He managed to find homes for the affected people in neighbouring villages. Work groups were organized to erect new buildings and roads. Mr. Dasnai grew to be so well-respected there began to grow rumors about him. Some said he never slept and was always working. Others said he charmed people to work their best and so on. In fact he did do many things that another man could not have done in his place. An aura of reverence settled about him. A few years went by and the city was rebuild and renamed Dasnai and to the people's great disappointment Tourane M. Dasnai left to a far away place. A bronze statue was set up to commemorate him. He laid the foundation for what later became a great city.

Looking out at the tip.

From the headland.

MetAir building. Tallest so far at 182m.

~My Hand-Drawn Fictional Model City~

Last edited by SWFC fan; April 3rd, 2013 at 11:50 PM. Reason: New Version
SWFC fan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old October 13th, 2011, 06:26 AM   #2
xing lin
I ♥ HK

Likes (Received): 173

Awesome! What happened to your old Dasnai?
xing lin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 08:38 PM   #3
SWFC fan
like a whisper...

Im just starting from the begining.

Old October 14th, 2011, 03:05 PM   #4
skyscraperlover9595
One Little Victory

Likes (Received): 135

I like it man, especially since it has a story to it. It also looks like a great place for colinization. Right up againt the water on three sides, and with what looks like a harbor and a canal
skyscraperlover9595 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2011, 02:33 AM   #5
SWFC fan
like a whisper...

Some new additions on the frontal area. New tallest at 195m so still under the Skyscraper level. It seems that because of the small plots many of the buildings will be thin. I've been trying to think of some names for the Front, Neck and headland parts of the peninsula so I dont have to call them those names. Any good ideas?

5 New buildings

Very Thin 100m something tower

Skyline at dusk. Also the Kadnen Tower.

Old October 15th, 2011, 03:13 AM   #6
CF221

Likes (Received): 493

Beautiful work!!! I think many of us would like to have the artistry to do these kinds of projects!
Old October 15th, 2011, 06:46 PM   #7
skyscraperlover9595
One Little Victory

Beautiful work. I have a name, Tirea
Old October 15th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #8
SWFC fan
like a whisper...

Its really easy. All you need is pencils, paper, scissors, glue, inspiration and a good color medium.

Right now I have about 50 buildings in this city. So this is just the long process of updating it.

Old October 18th, 2011, 04:50 PM   #9
SWFC fan
like a whisper...

A new residential/hotel tower has opened its doors on the front coast. At 152m, the Soliloquy is on of the tallest (ATM) buildings in Dasnai. It had been in planning stages for a while but when it finally got approved it was built fast.

The Soliloquy dominating the surrounding buildings.

Also to the right of the Soliloquy a Grand Residences has opened for business.

A small office tower near the KG tower was also built next to one of the only old buildings that survived the Fire.

Some of these buildings were based on existing buildings or design proposals. See if you can guess the buildings that MetAir, Soliloquy and Grand Residences were based on.

Old October 18th, 2011, 04:54 PM   #10
Russian Sam
Real name Илья (Ilia)

Likes (Received): 181

Nice!
Russian Sam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2011, 10:24 PM   #11
SWFC fan
like a whisper...

A 15-story Radisson hotel has been erected up on West Point. Artists where commissioned to create a mural out of glass on the south end of the building and it is the largest piece of artwork in the city. For a little while this building will make an impact on the skyline because of the small amount of buildings I have put in the city, but not for long. As you might have noticed construction has started on the plot next to it. Inspiration? its in Salt ---- ----

Old October 19th, 2011, 07:13 AM   #12
xing lin
I ♥ HK

Likes (Received): 173

lol Salt Lake City
xing lin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2011, 02:06 PM   #13
skyscraperlover9595
One Little Victory

Do you actually use a colored pencil to draw the details in?
Old October 19th, 2011, 04:45 PM   #14
SWFC fan
like a whisper...

Yep It has to be pretty sharp.

Old October 24th, 2011, 11:20 AM   #15
reecebowker

Likes (Received): 0

nice
reecebowker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2011, 09:58 PM   #16
SWFC fan
like a whisper...

EVA Productions has decided to relocate their new headquarters in Dasnai. Plans for a 120m+ building were drawn up and approved. A 137m tower was built, holding offices and the top two floors for a penthouse. (I know it's a terrible design but you must have ugly buildings in a city)

Old October 24th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #17
SWFC fan
like a whisper...

A 3 tower project of glass and brick, built up on the tip of West Point created 897 apartments that were dearly needed. Really just filler but still needs an update. I'm pretty sure that this large front part of the peninsula will be covered mostly by buildings this high and only a couple sticking out higher. The skinny neck might have an average higher but once it widens out it will get slighty smaller. If all goes on schedule there should be a large cluster right in the middle of the wide part. I've already planned the tallest building for the middle.

Old October 24th, 2011, 10:04 PM   #18
SWFC fan
like a whisper...

Right along the coast of Cirle Bay, the Dasnai convention Center was built solely for the purpose of hosting the monthly International Fashion Expo (IFE). It has also held other events at different times also. When I drew it, I accidentally made it backwards so the lot was the wrong shape. I had to move the road a bit for it to fit.

Built right next to the DCC is an mixed-use building with a few floors with retail and the rest offices. It also holds the largest indoor waterfall in Dasnai.

Old October 24th, 2011, 10:05 PM   #19
SWFC fan
like a whisper...

At Bayside Suites both luxury apartments and hotel rooms await those who want to drop a hefty penny. Both public and private balconies that look north up the coast and a rooftop garden and pool also are included. Rising from the same podium, the North Tower stands at 82m and the South Tower at 146m.

Old October 24th, 2011, 10:08 PM   #20
SWFC fan
like a whisper...

Little building right off of W 6 St, nothing really to get excited about. The next one will entirely eclipse this.