daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum

North American Skyscrapers Forum » Canada | United States | Balt / Wash DC | Chicago | Florida | Miami | Los Angeles | New York City | San Francisco Bay Area | Seattle | Tampa Bay Area | Toronto | Texas | Southeast | Westcoast | Midwest | Northeast

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 25th, 2011, 10:06 PM   #1
musiccity
Retired Mod

Likes (Received): 6160

NA Forum Remarks & Suggestions

I have no idea where to put this thread but I noticed that the NA forum didn't have a Remarks & Suggestion so I made one here!

If you have a Remark or Suggestion about Forum Orginization, new ideas for the forum, Forum improvements, moderation (hread moving, thread name changes, etc.) post it here!
musiccity no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 25th, 2011, 10:31 PM   #2
musiccity
Retired Mod

I have a Forum Improvement remark,

I wish the NA forum had a highrise forum, one for the US and one for Canada. This is where you post all the high rise projects (15FL+) in the US and Canada. They will be further separated by proposed and under construction.

This way, you don't have to sift through all the subforums to find highrise projects.
Old December 25th, 2011, 10:38 PM   #3
Somnifor
Paradise Island

Likes (Received): 939

I think that would be a good idea. I would also like to see a NA photoforum for similar reasons.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Somnifor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2011, 04:16 PM   #4
musiccity
Retired Mod

That's also a good idea Somnifor!
Old December 27th, 2011, 03:09 AM   #5
Terick
Moderator of Puerto Rico

Likes (Received): 3269

I think it would be a good idea to include a forum for the US Territories, in the United States forum, such as Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Guam.

Terick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 04:04 PM   #6
musiccity
Retired Mod

Puerto Rico already has a forum actually, it's in LatinScrapers.

And I don't think there are very many forumers in Guam and the Virgin Islands so the forums would be dead.
Old March 13th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #7
Terick
Moderator of Puerto Rico

Likes (Received): 3269

I think at least a general photographic space for US territories should be provided in the US forum.

Be aware that people born in the US territories are American Citizens by birth, and territories are a territorial extension of America.
Old November 15th, 2012, 06:48 PM   #8
musiccity
Retired Mod

The West Coast forum needs a development News section

Old January 8th, 2013, 12:37 AM   #9
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 21830

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiccity View Post
The West Coast forum needs a development News section
It's been discussed but with so few significant developments outside of cities with their own dedicated forums (Seattle, San Francisco), and with so few forumers updating threads the time may not be ripe just yet.

I'm all in favor of it, for the record!

desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 05:52 PM   #10
JohnFlint1985
I love New York

Likes (Received): 4728

I notices that North American forum does not have its own dedicated Photo section. All the picture threads are broken into regional sections and cities which makes it extremely difficult to navigate and see. In the meantime we have a huge amount of people who would like to post and be seen with their extremely beautiful work or just want to show pictures of other from all over the country. I think it is time to create such section. I am willing to dedicate time and effort to populate it and create threads. It is not going to be development or construction pictures per se, but rather pictures of the country, cities, people and etc.
"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious." Oscar Wilde
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

JohnFlint1985 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 05:54 PM   #11
JohnFlint1985
I love New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terick View Post
I think at least a general photographic space for US territories should be provided in the US forum.

Be aware that people born in the US territories are American Citizens by birth, and territories are a territorial extension of America.
I totally agree and I think it should be integrated into one big American photo section.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Old April 19th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #12
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Likes (Received): 15066

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFlint1985 View Post
I totally agree and I think it should be integrated into one big American photo section.
You mean something like an Urban Showcase just for North American cities and parts in-between or maybe something like a North American photo section where we can break it up into North American aerials or North American night shots or just photos of other photographers that you've found that are great that are not yours?

My photo threads:

QuantumX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #13
xzmattzx
Philly sports fan

Likes (Received): 1391

I think a photo subsection for North America is good on the surface, but the issue that we have discussed over the years on this topic is that the regional sections would see a decrease in activity. Without much development going on in the last 4 years, there has already been a decrease in traffic, and so we haven't wanted to fragment the North American section any more.
xzmattzx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 08:44 PM   #14
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Likes (Received): 15066

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzmattzx View Post
I think a photo subsection for North America is good on the surface, but the issue that we have discussed over the years on this topic is that the regional sections would see a decrease in activity. Without much development going on in the last 4 years, there has already been a decrease in traffic, and so we haven't wanted to fragment the North American section any more.
I talked it over with TB, and that is pretty much his take on things. We want to increase traffic in the North American section, but at the same time, we don't want to kill regional forums.

My photo threads:

QuantumX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2013, 04:21 PM   #15
JohnFlint1985
I love New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
You mean something like an Urban Showcase just for North American cities and parts in-between or maybe something like a North American photo section where we can break it up into North American aerials or North American night shots or just photos of other photographers that you've found that are great that are not yours?
well if you look at every other section of this forum (French, Russian, Polish and etc) they have a dedicated Photo section inside. It is not construction updater, but rather only beautiful photos of all over the country. Another feature about it that is has a big segment of photos of nature and landscapes. not just urbanity.

this usually generates lots of traffic since anyone would like to see these beautiful places and if we add some stories to it - it will be very very popular. Like for example lately there was a thread about Hawaii in Urban showcase. It is supposed to be a clone of sorts inside US section.

some people are not really hooked on just construction and development. they come to forum just to relax. this kind of photo tourism will provide that. I see no point to fragment it to all regions. It is almost impossible to find and I tell you - some of your photos of Florida deserve tom be seen more. But the key to that - EASY FIND. which is at this moment is quite difficult.

My five cents.

Old April 30th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #16
JohnFlint1985
I love New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
I talked it over with TB, and that is pretty much his take on things. We want to increase traffic in the North American section, but at the same time, we don't want to kill regional forums.
regional forums should be more concentrated on their local development. I see constant updates in the top of the forum in the supertall or high-rise sections. I think a corresponding clone thread should exist in the regional subsection of the country. So there is a Chicago thread in high-rise section about some tower. IMHO updates should be posted both in this thread and in Chicago development dedicated thread inside US section.

Obviously majority of people go for the top section. it is like a front of the fancy shop. But more serious discussion should be regional since people that live around it know more and care more about all this.

Old August 19th, 2014, 08:42 PM   #17
lancestar2

Likes (Received): 30

Hello, I would like to suggest the idea of organizing the Midwest tab into another tab that lists the major cities Chicago, Minneapolis/St.Paul, Detroit, and so on. It's kinda confusing and I think it would be greatly better organized so people and find more about specific areas if they have interest instead of having the Midwest lumped into an entire group.

Thanks for your time,
lancestar2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2014, 04:49 AM   #18
Bond James Bond
Licence to kill.

^
I agree. I think the Northeast section could use something like that as well.