daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pangsapuri

Pangsapuri completed and under construction residential projects & high-rise living

Old May 15th, 2006, 11:21 AM   #1
Greg

Likes (Received): 33

Mutiara Upper East Ampang / two 23-storey towers

Mutiara Upper East Ampang is located in the Ampang Hilir area, in essence bordering on Desa Pandan. If you’re having problems finding the place, just ask around for the Raintree Club (a stone’s throw away) and the Selangor Polo & Equestrian Club, just next to this condo site. The area is rather quiet and far off from the busy thoroughfare; the site itself is surrounded by some old lowrise apartments and other condos. But all in all, there aren’t that many condos in the area, Mutiara Upper East is probably the only new one being built at the moment.

Being near the country club, Polo club and the RSGC probably helps the marketing of this place quite a lot, plus that ‘KLCC view’ thing that some people find so fascinating. Plus, surrounding the condo on a bigger radius are lots of old ‘rich man’ bungalows that signify the ‘old money’ of Ampang Hilir.

Project Name Mutiara Upper East Ampang
Location Ampang Hilir
Description Two blocks of residential luxury condominium project
Land type 99 years leasehold
Land Encumbrances Charged to OCBC Bank (M) Bhd
Price RM462,200 to RM2,086,500
(from about RM260psf to about RM330psf)
Unit size 1733sq.ft. to 6319sq.ft.
No of units 312
Launch Date now available
Expected Completion April 2008
Developer Puncak Kencana Sdn. Bhd.
(member of Mutiara Goodyear Dev. Bhd. group)
Greg no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 15th, 2006, 03:15 PM   #2
nazrey

Likes (Received): 1976

Finally!... This residential luxury condominium project have its own thread

A sanctuary based on East-West fusion
(09-Apr-05)

CONCEPT and reality sometimes can be as different as the sky and earth but Mutiara Goodyear Development Bhd hopes its latest project undertaken by unit Puncak Kencana Sdn Bhd – Mutiara Upper East Ampang – will meet if not exceed all expectations.

Last edited by nazrey; May 15th, 2006 at 03:25 PM.
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2006, 03:20 PM   #3
nazrey

A sanctuary based on East-West fusion
Saturday April 9, 2005
thestar

CONCEPT and reality sometimes can be as different as the sky and earth but Mutiara Goodyear Development Bhd hopes its latest project undertaken by unit Puncak Kencana Sdn Bhd – Mutiara Upper East Ampang – will meet if not exceed all expectations.

Mutiara senior general manager Edmond Yow said the group had in mind a “sanctuary amid lush greenery, designed to calm and recharge” to which “one can retreat.”

Bordering the Ampang Hilir and Desa Pandan border, Upper East Ampang consists of two 23-storey blocks. Of the 312 units offered, 284 are standard units with built-up area of 1,578 to 2,109 sq ft and priced between RM492,000 and RM763,000. There are also eight penthouses (5,994-6,319 sq ft) priced from RM1.968mil to RM2.087mil.

He said apart from the East-West fusion concept, the sizeable units were planned to cater to large family gatherings, an Asian tradition. Huge bathrooms are also one of the central features of the development with all units featuring French-styled balconies.

Edmond Yow

The facilities ranged from a tennis court, indoor sauna, multi-purpose hall, gymnasium, barbecue area, surau, two-tier swimming pool with a Jacuzzi on the top tier, a large landscaped area with three theme gardens, 680 covered parking lots with at least two parking lots per buyer, said Yow.

There are some freebies like individual air-conditioners for the living/dining areas, bedrooms and dry kitchen; water heaters for the bathrooms. Kitchen cabinets are provided as well with the maintenance charge estimated at between 23 and 30 sen per square foot.

Yow said although Mutiara, having survived through two economic recessions, had enough landbank to keep it busy for another eight years although the group as a whole was always on the lookout for “smallish” prime land to develop within the Klang Valley area.

Mutiara reported a pre-tax profit of RM23.87mil on a turnover of RM125.8mil for the financial year ended April 30, 2004.
Old May 16th, 2006, 03:31 AM   #4
ZaHiRnYa???
you are you and i am me..

Likes (Received): 46

Neighbourhood area is a so so only...
Old May 16th, 2006, 07:27 AM   #5
fairul
VAMOS RAFA

Likes (Received): 105

i can easily give u guys the updates for this condo...very near my place..but the location ar..infront of the desa pandan flat..err...
yah..a relatives of mine bought one unit there..and she is so delighted..u guys shud see the show room..very nice
fairul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2006, 07:45 AM   #6
ZaHiRnYa???

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairul
i can easily give u guys the updates for this condo...very near my place..but the location ar..infront of the desa pandan flat..err...
yah..a relatives of mine bought one unit there..and she is so delighted..u guys shud see the show room..very nice
The showroom is misleading. Couple of finishes that they have for the showroom is actually different with the one in the specification for the real unit.
Old July 14th, 2006, 05:38 AM   #7
Greg

Promise of high-end condos amid lush greenery

By ALVIN TAY The Star

MUTIARA Goodyear Development Bhd says its latest project undertaken by unit Puncak Kencana Sdn Bhd – Mutiara Upper East Ampang –will meet expectations.

Senior general manager Edmond Yow says the group had in mind a “sanctuary amid lush greenery, designed to calm and recharge” to which “one can retreat.”

Yow: ‘Wide range of facilities planned’

Piling works have been completed and six standard units are already available for viewing.
Any construction pic please Fairul?

Bordering Ampang Hilir and Desa Pandan, Upper East Ampang consists of two 23-storey blocks.

Yow says over 50% of the project’s buyers were from Australia, Britain, Hong Hong, Korea and Switzerland.

“It is actually quite well hidden from the well-travelled roads around Ampang, which actually works to its advantage,” says buyer Annie Tee.

Mutiara Upper East Ampang is in between The Raintree Club and the Selangor Polo and Equestrian Club.

“Being near the country club, polo club and the Royal Selangor Golf Club probably helps the marketing of this place quite a lot, plus that ‘KLCC view’ thing that some people find so fascinating,” says another buyer who declined to be named.

He says he bought it because of its relatively low density, with 312 units in two blocks.

The units are priced at roughly RM300psf, compared to the KLCC area with some properties at RM700 to RM800psf.”

Each of the units will have its own lift lobby entrance.

Yow says apart from the East-West fusion concept, the sizeable units were planned to cater to large family gatherings, an Asian tradition. Huge bathrooms are also one of the central features of the development with all units featuring French-styled balconies.

The facilities include a tennis court, indoor sauna, multi-purpose hall, gymnasium, barbecue area, surau, and two-tier swimming pool with a Jacuzzi on the top tier, a large landscaped area with three theme gardens, and 680 covered parking lots with at least two parking lots per buyer, says Yow.

Included are individual air-conditioners for the living/dining areas, bedrooms and dry kitchen; centralised vacuum system and water filtration system with water heaters for the bathrooms. Imported kitchen cabinets are provided along with Electrolux hoods and hobs.
Old December 17th, 2006, 07:45 AM   #8
fairul
VAMOS RAFA

Likes (Received): 105

as of 0845 17/12/2006

almost complete...but i hate what the lorries did to the road there....potholes everywhere now...
fairul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 05:29 AM   #9
ZaHiRnYa???

still dont like the surrounding area...n yes, you are right about the condition of the road.
Old February 7th, 2007, 03:44 AM   #10
nazrey

fusion home!
Old February 7th, 2007, 03:53 AM   #11
ZaHiRnYa???

nothing fusion about the surrounding.
Old February 7th, 2007, 06:51 AM   #12
Yee Haa

Likes (Received): 0

Ooi Yo..super structure progress quite OK..reaching waz floor?
Yee Haa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2007, 11:32 AM   #13
pedang
One Malaysia

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaHiRnYa??? View Post

ehe
Old February 27th, 2007, 02:23 PM   #14
coolgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaHiRnYa??? View Post
hi zahirnya

you investor ka? Perhaps can comment where/what is good for investment now.

You live in Jelatek or Lanai? We in Havanna.

cheer
coolgal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2007, 04:06 PM   #15
ZaHiRnYa???

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgal View Post
hi zahirnya

you investor ka? Perhaps can comment where/what is good for investment now.

You live in Jelatek or Lanai? We in Havanna.

cheer
Jelatek
Old May 7th, 2007, 01:25 PM   #16
Greg

http://www.uppereast.com.my/
Old May 8th, 2007, 05:06 AM   #17
TYW
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter

Likes (Received): 16

why put taipei 101 in the website??

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
TYW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 02:50 PM   #18
nazrey

Old July 6th, 2007, 01:47 PM   #19
coolgal

Hi Fairul

Please, please do update. It would be great to have photos too. What about photos on the Show Unit?

Maybe can ask your relative whether they took the developer's end-finance scheme and if yes, can provide more information please.

Anyone concern about the leasehold? I understand its for 90 years but after that can renew. But how realistic is the renewal process? Does it means if the lease is not renewed, what will happen to the owners? Do we just lost the unit and return the key to developer but will the owners be compensated?

Anyone familiar with this - please comment. Greatly appreciated.

cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairul View Post
coolgal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:04 PM   #20
porsche944

See here for leasehold vs freehold debate :

http://www.hba.org.my/news/2002/1102...ld_fallacy.htm

http://www.hba.org.my/faq/lease_freehold.htm

http://www.hba.org.my/news/2002/1002/leasehold.htm

When people want to rent, they dont care whether it is freehold or leasehold. I believe location is a more important factor. Case in point here in Singapore price variant between freehold and leasehold almost marginal in top location areas.

Also recently in Spore a leasehold property that has 60+ years left went for a record during a 'collective sale'. http://lushhome.wordpress.com/2007/0...hes-hefty-13b/ Not sure if 'collective sale' exist in Malaysia (I dont think so but it will soon enough in my view). My point here is that even a leasehold property is attractive enough if the location is right.

p.s We bought a unit here for investment when it was launched and speaking to the developer apparently many VVIPs bought them too.

Last edited by porsche944; July 6th, 2007 at 04:21 PM.
porsche944 no está en línea   Reply With Quote