daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia

Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia » Countdown to 2020 | Skyscrapers & Buildings | Pengangkutan| Pangsapuri | Urban | Architecture | Low-Rise | Mamak

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 28th, 2006, 03:22 AM   #1
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1082

README FIRST: uploading images - search - login problems - banner - change user name

How do I post images in my post
Unfortunately it isn't possible to upload images along with your post. In order to post images, they must be located somewhere and then linked to in your post. There are a number of web sites where you can host your image and use the link in your post:...or find more free image hosts here.

Also, most Internet Service Providers (ISP) offer some web space to upload your images to. You can upload images by using and FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program like this one. Contact your ISP for details about your internet space. More info on uploading images using FTP can be found here.

Go here to find out how to include these hosted images in your post. (This is the page where you can find info on all post markup tags by the way.)

How can I change my user name
You cannot change the name yourself, an administrator has to do this. Since we get many requests to change names just for the fun of it we only allow name changes for a good reason, in which case you can send me a PM or email to explain what the story is. Others have to wait until Christmas, when we have our annual name change festival.

Where's the search option
Given the multilingual nature of these forums, the databases handling search queries are so big it would need a lot of server capacity to deal with these. Therefore the public search option have been turned off until further notice.

However, one method that can be tried to search SSC is using Google. You can do so by going to www.google.com, placing the text "site:www.skyscrapercity.com" and then placing the text you wish to search. The result looking similar to this in your browser window.

Another method in which you can keep track of threads is by simply going to the blue "Thread tools" tab in a particular thread and click the "subscribe to this thread" option. You then go to your user control panel and you'll find a listing of the subscribed threads easily accessible.

How can I send in my banner
The top banner of the forums rotates daily. If you want to send in a banner, make sure it is 719 x 123 pixels in size, 72 dpi and no text in the banner. PM it to me or send me an email

I have problems logging into the forums
After registration, you should have received a confirmation e-mail and click the link in that mail to do so. If you think you have not received your email or something appeared to have gone wrong. send me an email. Please include your username for you'd be amazed how many people send me an e-mail just saying 'Why can't I log in?' Also, make sure the e-mail address you send me the e-mail with is the same as the one you registrated with.

For those properly registrated and who have problems logging in or to stay logged in; in general, if you are using a firewall or anything else that restricts the use of cookies or sessions, see if you can adjust some of these settings until it does work for you. Also check the settings of your browser, make sure this site is not being restricted to the maxiumum.

The forums keep logging me out
Most of these are cookie related. Delete your cookies manually. To do this in IE 6.0: Tools -> Internet Options -> Temporary Internet Files -> Settings -> View Files Then search for the individual cookies for your domain and delete them all. The name should be in the form of: Cookie:username@skyscrapercity.com and Cookie:username@www.skyscrapercity.com. Delete these. After this, restart IE.

It seems the forums just don't exist
...in which case your wouldn't be reading this. (j/k) But if you have this problem with one pc and not for another, the problem must be at your end, possibly your provider. At times the DNS servers haven't properly resolved the IP and domain addresses of these forums, in which case you have to wait untill these DNS servers get updated again. Wanadoo has a history of doing this by the way. This might take a couple of days to a week maximum. You also might want to try the following:

Go to this directory on your PC: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\etc\HOSTS. Click 'hosts' and open this document with some notepad program add these lines:

66.250.111.178 skyscrapercity.com
66.250.111.178 www.skyscrapercity.com

By Jan

Sponsored Links

Old July 28th, 2006, 03:54 AM   #2
Ohno

Likes (Received): 23

I just came across this thread. szehoong did an awesome and useful work for Malay friends. May I share the imformation with you guys? Thank you very much.
Ohno no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2006, 09:50 AM   #3
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohno
I just came across this thread. szehoong did an awesome and useful work for Malay friends. May I share the imformation with you guys? Thank you very much.

You're welcome!

Thanks!
Old February 1st, 2007, 05:57 AM   #4
sirxl

Likes (Received): 0

you guys can also try
http://imagevenue.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by szehoong View Post
You're welcome!

Thanks!
sirxl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2007, 12:41 PM   #5
SEED

Likes (Received): 4

can u guys teach me how to host more picx instead of one at a time.. and must i put copy rite on my photo before i host it? help!
SEED no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2007, 12:32 AM   #6
SEAfan
mumbling imprecations

Likes (Received): 5

Uhhh ... as far as I know it's one pic at a time, SEED. What do you mean by "host" anyway? Uploading to the host?

And as to copyrighting your photos, that's your decision, and it's certainly not a requirement. We have many fine photographers here who use some sort of watermark or "stamp" to show that it's their photo, making abuse more difficult. I've seen several instances here where a forumer's photo suddenly appeared in a newspaper without proper credit, much less remuneration.

So I'd say you have to decide!

Last edited by SEAfan; June 25th, 2007 at 09:37 AM.
SEAfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2007, 07:06 AM   #7
Sinjin P.
Lingkod-Bayan

Likes (Received): 497

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEED View Post
can u guys teach me how to host more picx instead of one at a time.. and must i put copy rite on my photo before i host it? help!
I think Photobucket allows you to upload multiple photos at one go.
Old June 25th, 2007, 09:50 AM   #8
SEED

Likes (Received): 4

thx SEAfan and Jhaelnis!
SEED no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2007, 08:50 AM   #9
TYW
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter

Likes (Received): 16

try imageshack toolbar. drag your pics u wanna upload from your image viewer and drop them at the upload button

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
TYW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2008, 09:58 PM   #10
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 56438

Quote:
Originally Posted by szehoong View Post
How do I post images in my post
Unfortunately it isn't possible to upload images along with your post. In order to post images, they must be located somewhere and then linked to in your post. There are a number of web sites where you can host your image and use the link in your post:...or find more free image hosts here.

By Jan
Also in www.panoramio.com you can upload pictures. Easy and fast.
christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:08 PM   #11
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Johson > You have four posts here which I've deleted which you use to test pics upload. This is not the forum to do so. Please do not pollute this forum with your silly antics.
Old September 27th, 2011, 07:09 AM   #12
sxydrkhair

Likes (Received): 0

Is there a way I can change my username? Someone told me it is a bad word in different language... I am not sure what language it is.
sxydrkhair no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2011, 03:41 PM   #13
TYW
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxydrkhair View Post
Is there a way I can change my username? Someone told me it is a bad word in different language... I am not sure what language it is.
The admins no longer allow change of username.

But in your case, i guess you can try to ask the admin, Jan. Send him a private message

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
TYW no está en línea   Reply With Quote