daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Tampa / St Petersburg

Old March 3rd, 2008, 04:57 PM   #1
HARTride 2012
Tampa/St. Pete, FL Mod

Likes (Received): 434

Portability deadline today for homeowners

Portability deadline today for homeowners
Monday, March 3, 2008

TALLAHASSEE (Bay News 9) -- Homeowners who moved from one home to another last year have until today to apply for the new portability property tax break under Amendment 1.

Previously, homeowners who had owned a house for years were trapped there if they wanted to keep their longtime Save Our Homes savings. But portability allows a one-time transfer of those savings, up to $500,000 to another home within the state.

Meanwhile, the governor's "Florida Home Ownership" task force is holding it's first meeting today in Tallahassee. The committee was created to address the state's escalating home foreclosure rate and its economic impact.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2...for+homeowners
HARTride 2012 | Please visit my website: Public Transit As Told By HARTride 2012 - Public Transit told from a unique perspective! - Tampa Bay, New York City, Hampton Roads, Europe | Follow me on Twitter | "Like" my page on Facebook
HARTride 2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 3rd, 2008, 06:15 PM   #2
Jasonhouse

Likes (Received): 312

LOL... What an ironic article.
Jasonhouse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 06:25 PM   #3
HARTride 2012
Tampa/St. Pete, FL Mod

What do you think about SOH?

Frankly, I think it is junk.
HARTride 2012 | Please visit my website: Public Transit As Told By HARTride 2012 - Public Transit told from a unique perspective! - Tampa Bay, New York City, Hampton Roads, Europe | Follow me on Twitter | "Like" my page on Facebook
Old March 3rd, 2008, 09:39 PM   #4
Jasonhouse

the ironic part is... The article is reminding folks to hurry up, else they'll lose their claim to a tax discount that in most cases, they have no earthly right receiving. Someone else is literally, dollar for dollar, subsidizing their tax bill, simply because the people who wanted a subsidized tax bill had more votes than the people they were sticking with the bill.

And then the 2nd part of the article is about how the governor has convened a special committee to figure out why the state's popluation growth has all but stopped, which is in turn fucking the economy over bigtime... Uhh, if someone can't figure that one out, then it's pretty clear they are not fit to be responsible for the lives of 19 million people, and must be removed from office immediately, before they do even more damage!

Our government has been corrupt for years, and now we're paying the price.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 10:44 PM   #5
HARTride 2012
Tampa/St. Pete, FL Mod

I'll agree with that.

Can't trust anyone these days...
Old March 3rd, 2008, 11:26 PM   #6
multifamilyinvestor

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonhouse View Post
the ironic part is... The article is reminding folks to hurry up, else they'll lose their claim to a tax discount that in most cases, they have no earthly right receiving. Someone else is literally, dollar for dollar, subsidizing their tax bill, simply because the people who wanted a subsidized tax bill had more votes than the people they were sticking with the bill.

And then the 2nd part of the article is about how the governor has convened a special committee to figure out why the state's popluation growth has all but stopped, which is in turn fucking the economy over bigtime... Uhh, if someone can't figure that one out, then it's pretty clear they are not fit to be responsible for the lives of 19 million people, and must be removed from office immediately, before they do even more damage!

Our government has been corrupt for years, and now we're paying the price.

100% Right. Save our homes and the new law shifts the tax burden to young homeowners who can no longer afford to buy a house.
multifamilyinvestor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 11:42 PM   #7
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Likes (Received): 262

Following the watch closely, very closely, you are now becoming sleepy. When I snap my fingers and you will wake up believing that the government is working for the people.

Another cheap solution. Why the Government just give us a favor and stop coming up with half ass solutions to every problem and fix it for the long term. They think these checks we are suppose to get in may will help the economy??? How about stop increasing our taxes and bring our troops home to stop a Money hungry war! I don't wanna bring politics into this, but the government has gone down dramatically from the Reagan Era
Old March 4th, 2008, 02:25 AM   #8
HARTride 2012
Tampa/St. Pete, FL Mod

Yeah, and some politicians really envy Reagan. Problem was REGANOMICS DIDN'T WORK!
Old March 4th, 2008, 04:54 AM   #9
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Likes (Received): 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by wslupecki View Post
Yeah, and some politicians really envy Reagan. Problem was REGANOMICS DIDN'T WORK!
Yeah, politics are pretty crappy right now, that's why I wanna run.

Maybe I can start a politics thread in the skybar to release my anger, I mean opinions, about it. If thats OK with Jason...........
Old March 4th, 2008, 04:21 PM   #10
HARTride 2012
Tampa/St. Pete, FL Mod

I'm angered enough by Rhonda Storms. Even more by Nancy Pelosi, and yes...even more by Mr. Moron himself...President George W. Bush.
Old March 4th, 2008, 10:57 PM   #11
FloridaFuture
Former Mod

Likes (Received): 130

^We understand you hate politicians/government, but can it please stop being the topic of so many of your posts? That's not the primary topic of this forum.

Thanks.
FloridaFuture no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 12:50 AM   #12
HARTride 2012
Tampa/St. Pete, FL Mod

Sorry,

But my point is, SOH is junk. It only benefits so many people, as Jason also pointed out. And it furthermore makes no sense for the state to rush people to apply for the portability. Makes no sense at all.
Old March 5th, 2008, 03:04 AM   #13
Tallaman

Likes (Received): 0

I'm hoping a judge will throw the whole thing out (SOH, portability and all) when the inevitable court challenge comes. Then, maybe, the Legislature will seriously rethink the system and make some meaningful changes, not just bandaids designed to appease the priviledged few. I can go along with a benefit for homesteaders, but new ones should be eligible for the same benefit when they qualify as existing homesteaders. The superhomestead was not a bad idea compared to portability. Now neither the Legislature nor the commission feels like they have a mandate to make any more changes to the system.

At least they got the cap on local ad valorem revenues right through HB1B in June 2007. That will stand to prevent locals from riding value increases to parallel revenue increases in the future, when the market picks back up (and it will eventually).
Tallaman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 05:34 PM   #14
HARTride 2012
Tampa/St. Pete, FL Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres_of_2036 View Post
Yeah, politics are pretty crappy right now, that's why I wanna run.

Maybe I can start a politics thread in the skybar to release my anger, I mean opinions, about it. If thats OK with Jason...........
Yeah, I wonder if there are any political forums around the net. There are so many times that I get infuriated with our govt and yet there are so many threads here where I cannot discuss such. Maybe I should stick with the regular skybars.
Old March 15th, 2008, 11:50 PM   #15
Jasonhouse

local boards are for local discussions. National boards are for national discussions. It's pretty logical really.
Old March 16th, 2008, 04:56 PM   #16
HARTride 2012
Tampa/St. Pete, FL Mod

What I meant to say was that I should stick to the skybars for political discussions. After all, that's why they're there. Stuff NOT relating to development and such.