daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Azerbaijan > Other developments / Digər sahələr > Sport, Culture and Events

Sport, Culture and Events İdman, Mədəniyyət və Tədbirlər

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 9th, 2009, 06:08 PM   #1
Ilgar

Likes (Received): 17

Movies & Cinemas | Kinoteatrlar və Filmlər

History of Azerbaijan Movie starts from 1898. More than 3000 movies produced till now in Azerbaijan.

Nəsimi (1973)

Dədə Qorqud (1975)

Babək (1979)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Baku, is the capital, the largest city, and the largest port of Azerbaijan and all Caucasus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ilgar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old September 9th, 2009, 06:16 PM   #2
Ilgar

Uşaqlığın Son Gecəsi (1968)

Bir Cənub Şəhərində (1969)

Gün Keçdi (1971)

Baku, is the capital, the largest city, and the largest port of Azerbaijan and all Caucasus

Old September 9th, 2009, 06:24 PM   #3
Ilgar

O Olmasın, Bu Olsun (1956)

Arşın Mal Alan (1965)

Dərviş Parisi Partladır (1976)

Old September 9th, 2009, 06:40 PM   #4
Ilgar

Some New Movies

Hökmdarın Taleyi (2008)

Cavad Xan (2009)

Dünən Qəfildən Gəldi (2009)

Tunel (2009)

40-cı Qapı (2009)

Old September 9th, 2009, 09:11 PM   #5
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Likes (Received): 5821

Great topic! Thanks İlgar
Old September 9th, 2009, 11:42 PM   #6
Ilgar

You are welcome trying to keep you started good traditions

Old August 7th, 2010, 06:39 PM   #7
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

IMAX cinema in Azerbaijan?

I wonder about IMAX cinema. When will it come to our market. We already know that cinema in Park Bulvar will be 3D. At the same time cinema "Azerbaijan" has announced about 3D coming in October 2010. Besides there is u/r cinema "Nizami" as well as cinema in u/c Flame Towers. Both cinemas will be pretty big for bringing IMAX to Azerbaijan. Hence, we can expect IMAX at least for one of them
Old August 7th, 2010, 06:46 PM   #8
mavis_dark

Likes (Received): 359

People doesn't go to normal cinemas that much in Baku let alone IMAX, which will be much more expensive.
One of the reasons why people don't go to cinemas, besides the prices,which is high for Azeris, is because all the films are in russian. Why don't anyone translate the movies?
I'm from Sumgait and I can say that around 90 to 95% of young people doesn't understand russian and the ones who understand a little bit(besides the people form russian sectors) won't go to movies wich is in russian.
mavis_dark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2010, 07:04 PM   #9
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavis_dark View Post
People doesn't go to normal cinemas that much in Baku let alone IMAX, which will be much more expensive.
One of the reasons why people don't go to cinemas, besides the prices,which is high for Azeris, is because all the films are in russian. Why don't anyone translate the movies?
I'm from Sumgait and I can say that around 90 to 95% of young people doesn't understand russian and the ones who understand a little bit(besides the people form russian sectors) won't go to movies wich is in russian.
For somehow you are right but in general I do not agree with you. People did not go because most of the cinemas had no new production movies, were old with no modern equipment. The only exception was cinema "Azerbaijan".

As for movies in Azerbaijani language I totally agree with you although I'd still prefer to watch movies in original language or Russian. Another option is whether a movie is in English or Russian it must have Azerbaijani subtitles.
Old August 7th, 2010, 07:21 PM   #10
mavis_dark

Yeah, you'd prefer cos you know russian. By the way, as a guy who watched a lot of movies and tv shows in english and also in russian I can say that russian translation and dubbing sucks big time(generally).Seriously, it is crap, I mean it.
But, considering the fact that it is new to Azerbaijan, movies in Azeri will suck even more. But it doesn't mean that we should not translate movies. And for it to be successful people should go to these movies(in Azeri), and not dissmis it beforehand, using arguments like "əşi bizimkilər nə vaxt əməlli bir şey edibləer ki"(I don't mean you personally).
Also, there should be a serious supervision over these projects.
Subtitel for now will do too.
PS Have you seen Shrek in Azeri. It is AWESOME. I recomend.
Old August 7th, 2010, 07:27 PM   #11
mavis_dark

About cinema "Azerbaijan". I was there couple of times and it was almost empty. Just an observation.
And to compare. Here in Saint Peterburg there are literaly hundreds of cinemas including IMAX. And people go to the movies very often. Though, Petersburg is much more developed city than Baku and people arn more here.

Ps Just want to know your opinion. Have you seen Inception. I have... 2 times. Second time in IMAX. It was awesome too)))
Old August 7th, 2010, 07:42 PM   #12
Xtreminal
KGB Agent

Likes (Received): 1997

I seen Shrek in Azeri - yes it is stupid due bad translation but professional wise - our translators are very bad
Old August 7th, 2010, 07:46 PM   #13
mavis_dark

I meant no sarcasm with my previous post. I liked Shrek in Azeri very much. At least that's what I think ( I have seen it a long time ago). Also song in Azeri by "Dəyirman" rocked!!..
Old August 7th, 2010, 07:48 PM   #14
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Quote:
Ps Just want to know your opinion. Have you seen Inception. I have... 2 times. Second time in IMAX. It was awesome too)))
I am going to watch it tomorrow Was it really good? BTW as I said I like movies in original languages, so English rulezzz
Old August 7th, 2010, 07:50 PM   #15
mavis_dark

Ah yeah, provessionalism. It is not something you gain with your mother's milk.
There should be first step. As one dude whom I admire said: "translation is like a gravity. All you got to do is push"
Old August 7th, 2010, 07:52 PM   #16
Xtreminal
KGB Agent

Likes (Received): 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galandar View Post
I am going to watch it tomorrow Was it really good? BTW as I said I like movies in original languages, so English rulezzz
excellent point. Same with me. I hate waching russian movies in english or vice versa
Old August 7th, 2010, 08:00 PM   #17
mavis_dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galandar View Post
No, good is to insult this movie. It is something that beats the good out of good.
Well crafted mix of Matrix and Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind + some other movies. Verdict: Nolan is guilty of being too damn good!
Old August 7th, 2010, 08:02 PM   #18
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Quote:
No, good is to insult this movie. It is something that beats the good out of good.
Well crafted mix of Matrix and Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind + some other movies. Verdict: Nolan is guilty of being too damn good!
Thanks for information!

Last edited by Galandar; August 7th, 2010 at 08:42 PM.
Galandar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2010, 08:14 PM   #19
mavis_dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreminal View Post
excellent point. Same with me. I hate waching russian movies in english or vice versa
Duh! It is always better to watch movies in original language, in case you know the damn language. But I bet, most Azerbaijanis don't know so many languages and the ones in Azerbaijan started to forget the russian.(well, not that they should know it.) So, what is left for us is to start translating movies, and not only for TV. Also, now that I think, subtitles won't be good, with our people it won't work.
Old August 7th, 2010, 08:24 PM   #20
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Quote:
Also, now that I think, subtitles won't be good, with our people it won't work.
On the contrary, it will help our people to speak and understand English better as well as for a start make it easier to broadcast movies in Azerbaijani (as I mentioned subtitles are in practice in many countries thorough the world)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: