daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > Southern Africa > Angola > Fotografia > Angola em imagens

Old February 24th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #841
agostinho

Likes (Received): 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Offodile View Post
I am still waiting for the reply, do you want me to delete those pictures as they seem to cause such a debate? I will do so immediately, just let me know.
Matt, Do you mean we disrespect your work? No, we don't and just like always keep on posting these beautiful pics. It was just a comment just like in other threads. There is no reason for you to get angry, we appreciate you contribution on this forum, just not forget that Boyshow is also very active but he accepts other opinions.

Sponsored Links

Old February 24th, 2013, 08:45 PM   #842
Matthias Offodile

Likes (Received): 1368

Quote:
Originally Posted by agostinho View Post
Matt, Do you mean we disrespect your work? No, we don't and just like always keep on posting these beautiful pics. It was just a comment just like in other threads. There is no reason for you to get angry, we appreciate you contribution on this forum, just not forget that Boyshow is also very active but he accepts other opinions.
Dear agostinho, I am well aware that not all is gold that glitters in Angola. (just because I show nice things doesn´t make me blind for the rest)...but in life it is always easier to focus on the negative than on the positive. I know that Angola is an utterly corrupt country where many things have to change for the better. But it is still getting started. Angola almost had to start from scratch after all those decades of war. Unfortunately, it missed a big chance to build upon the infrastructure that it inherited. The war messed everything up! It was utterly poor then, even by African standards.
Nevertheless, one cannot expect to see miracles in just 7-8 years of reconstruction given that Angola was absolute hell on earth when the war ended and still utterly lacks the expertise to build the country properly (due to "white flight" after independence, almost two generations of Angolan kids that couldn´t go to school, psychological traumas of the population etc.). The level of destruction was massive, you know that! And I am just talking about the physical level and not the mental side which the war has caused.

I would fully understand your reaction and that of others if nothing has changed or if this was everything that Angola had to offer after let´s say 40 or 50 years of peace despite all its wealth.

Although I understand the plight of the people, one should voice one´s anger by means of PEACE and not BY TAKING UP ARMS and fighting its way to destruction again or worse by becoming instruments of some corrupt "oppositional" figures (that most likely sit in Europe or USA from where they plan their "comeback"...Africa is full of those thugs) and that promise a better life by fighting against the MPLA. Their way to sucess is an ill-educated & hence naive population. It shudders me to hear a call for revolution which I automaticallY associate with more war, destruction and blood. I cannot think of any modern day revolution that helped the people and brought about an end to misery. On the contrary, it all got worse.

And "opoosition parties" if that word exists in the African context are no better and often proved to be worse than their predecessors.

Angola has improved in many ways, I study the country for quite a while now, I am reading a lot about it.. I don´t know why you deny that, but the road ahead is still thorny and an uphill struggle, I am fully aware of it....but a bloddy revolution would not solve the problems at all. Empirical evidence is there for everyone to see and read about.

PS: In order not to stir a debate again, I have decided to refrain from providing any pictures in this sub-forum (for a while) and restrict my presence to news updates. Photos, (although I meant to show the beautiful side of your country and what has improved to the public), do not seem to go down well. I think that this can be avoided by simply not showing them any more.

PEACE ALWAYS

Mbuanza liked this post
Matthias Offodile no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2013, 11:02 AM   #843
giltiny

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Offodile View Post
Dear agostinho, I am well aware that not all is gold that glitters in Angola. (just because I show nice things doesn´t make me blind for the rest)...but in life it is always easier to focus on the negative than on the positive. I know that Angola is an utterly corrupt country where many things have to change for the better. But it is still getting started. Angola almost had to start from scratch after all those decades of war. Unfortunately, it missed a big chance to build upon the infrastructure that it inherited. The war messed everything up! It was utterly poor then, even by African standards.
Nevertheless, one cannot expect to see miracles in just 7-8 years of reconstruction given that Angola was absolute hell on earth when the war ended and still utterly lacks the expertise to build the country properly (due to "white flight" after independence, almost two generations of Angolan kids that couldn´t go to school, psychological traumas of the population etc.). The level of destruction was massive, you know that! And I am just talking about the physical level and not the mental side which the war has caused.

I would fully understand your reaction and that of others if nothing has changed or if this was everything that Angola had to offer after let´s say 40 or 50 years of peace despite all its wealth.

Although I understand the plight of the people, one should voice one´s anger by means of PEACE and not BY TAKING UP ARMS and fighting its way to destruction again or worse by becoming instruments of some corrupt "oppositional" figures (that most likely sit in Europe or USA from where they plan their "comeback"...Africa is full of those thugs) and that promise a better life by fighting against the MPLA. Their way to sucess is an ill-educated & hence naive population. It shudders me to hear a call for revolution which I automaticallY associate with more war, destruction and blood. I cannot think of any modern day revolution that helped the people and brought about an end to misery. On the contrary, it all got worse.

And "opoosition parties" if that word exists in the African context are no better and often proved to be worse than their predecessors.

Angola has improved in many ways, I study the country for quite a while now, I am reading a lot about it.. I don´t know why you deny that, but the road ahead is still thorny and an uphill struggle, I am fully aware of it....but a bloddy revolution would not solve the problems at all. Empirical evidence is there for everyone to see and read about.

PS: In order not to stir a debate again, I have decided to refrain from providing any pictures in this sub-forum (for a while) and restrict my presence to news updates. Photos, (although I meant to show the beautiful side of your country and what has improved to the public), do not seem to go down well. I think that this can be avoided by simply not showing them any more.

PEACE ALWAYS
(although I ment to show the beautiful side of your country do not go well for many people )
hi matt lets just stop there matt they can go to hell am Angolan born and bread and very active member of a political party which is not MPLA after years of being member of it where my family enjoy the benefits of the Robbery. To be very specific I'm now with CASA not because a think they will do better than MPLA but because a believe we need a third face in our currency and Jose Eduardo must go .but I'm capable of recognising that a lot has been done there is a lot to be done but hour-ever comes will not start from the scratch

. You are one of those guys that a would love to have next to me to discuss and debate Angola you have earn your Angola citizenship long time ago matt fell like one and do not let anyone think that he or she is more Angolan than you are. Most of then are just spoiled kids who have never done a charity work who are capable of seen a kid on the street and never do anything to change their life because they need the money to travel around the world that's the reality am with you matt and I will always be. From an Angolan to another Angolan brother
giltiny no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #844
popa1980

Likes (Received): 1065

Angola needs what Ghana had 30 years ago after a coup, a clean out of government and civil service.
popa1980 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #845
Matthias Offodile

Quote:
Originally Posted by giltiny View Post
(although I ment to show the beautiful side of your country do not go well for many people )
hi matt lets just stop there matt they can go to hell am Angolan born and bread and very active member of a political party which is not MPLA after years of being member of it where my family enjoy the benefits of the Robbery. To be very specific I'm now with CASA not because a think they will do better than MPLA but because a believe we need a third face in our currency and Jose Eduardo must go .but I'm capable of recognising that a lot has been done there is a lot to be done but hour-ever comes will not start from the scratch

. You are one of those guys that a would love to have next to me to discuss and debate Angola you have earn your Angola citizenship long time ago matt fell like one and do not let anyone think that he or she is more Angolan than you are. Most of then are just spoiled kids who have never done a charity work who are capable of seen a kid on the street and never do anything to change their life because they need the money to travel around the world that's the reality am with you matt and I will always be. From an Angolan to another Angolan brother
Hello Glitiny,

First of all thank you very much for the shower of compliments that you bestowed upon me although I strongly doubt that they are meant seriously. Even though I don´t know you in person, I know quite well how human beings generally tick. They often laugh into your face and later callously stab a knife into your back and simply let you lie bleeding on the floor, metaphorically speaking. It is not uncommon to witness a display of opportunistic behaviour among human beings. Moreover, most of the time everybody looks to safe one´s own ass, to put it bluntly! But maybe you are different! I don´t know.

With regard to your president, he will go sooner rather than later. He will not run for another term. I am dead sure, that´s all I can say on that matter. But I doubt that any other political figure will be any different as long as a strong & non-pliable institutional framework does not exist which is the case for Angola. Politicians always promise heaven on earth and once they are elected, they DO suffer from memory loss. I have seldom seen a system more hypocritical than a so-called democracy.
May I just bring Churchill´s famous dictum on democracy to your notice: "Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." (from a House of Commons speech on Nov. 11, 1947)
I sincerly hope for your country that peace & order will prevail. It has really suffered MORE than enough in the past and has already lost a lot of time by being eclipsed from the world´s progress. Do bear in mind, in war & crisis & revolution nothing will be achieved. Only peace, discipline, and civil order can bring about change which means evolution.

PEACE ALWAYS

Last edited by Matthias Offodile; February 25th, 2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old February 25th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #846
Mbuanza

Likes (Received): 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by popa1980 View Post
Angola needs what Ghana had 30 years ago after a coup, a clean out of government and civil service.
Just to be clear, are you calling for a coup d'etat to take place in Angola?
Mbuanza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #847
Mbuanza

Likes (Received): 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-nation View Post
mas pessoas ja deviam estar na classe media, o que esta a acontecer a uma velocidade lastimavel.
Isso nao e necessariamente verdade. A melhoria economica poderia acelerar ainda mais, mas tambem nao esta a mudar de uma forma historicamente lenta.

Estas mudancas nunca foram rapidas.
Mbuanza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2013, 02:49 PM   #848
Matthias Offodile

Quote:
Condomínio Residencial ZR7
Talatona - Luanda
Condomínio Residencial ZR7 constituído por 69 moradias, centro comunitário, edifício técnico e respectivas infra-estruturas em Talatona, Luanda (fase I);

Luanda Sul more construction

Old April 15th, 2013, 11:46 PM   #849
Matthias Offodile

Luanda Sul

another convention centre

recreation centre

school

Quote:
ANGFIC & Champion Technologies Angola, Luanda Sul

Old April 21st, 2013, 10:58 PM   #850
ANGOLA THE FUTURE

Likes (Received): 1962

Photo's by Mario Pinho

YuriAires liked this post
ANGOLA THE FUTURE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2013, 12:43 PM   #851
skytrax
Big boss!

Likes (Received): 1063

Sky is on fire!

Angolan Forum | Luanda pictures | my World Trip

~> SkyscraperCity Angola on Facebook <~
skytrax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 09:48 PM   #852
Matthias Offodile

Old May 24th, 2013, 01:44 AM   #853
Boyshow

Likes (Received): 42728

BenjaminEli liked this post

Last edited by Boyshow; May 24th, 2013 at 01:54 AM.
Boyshow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 01:38 PM   #854
Boyshow

BenjaminEli liked this post
Boyshow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 01:54 AM   #855
Boyshow

Condominio Quinta das mangueiras

e/c

http://www.proimoveis.com/quintadasmangueiras/