daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Infrastructure & Transportation > Railways and Transportation

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 345 votes, 4.92 average.
Old March 25th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #6141
king913

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankbund View Post

Great rendering. If HMR has put this out (I guess), they should be able to see how much better a system would look without OHEC.
Thanks
What is OHEC ?
king913 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 25th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #6142
tankbund

Likes (Received): 103

electric supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by king913 View Post
What is OHEC ?
Electric supply for traction with wires overhead, conventional that you see everywhere. Thanks.
tankbund no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #6143
tankbund

85 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicbliss View Post
They need to start planning for the second phase of HRML, like DMRC phase II, which can cover another 60-70 km, and reach all the outskirts of the city.
As of now second phase is 85km. Based on this Hyderabad will have the second largest metro system atfer Delhi in India.
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:51 AM   #6144
ZaheerH

Likes (Received): 186

Quote:
As of now second phase is 85km. Based on this Hyderabad will have the second largest metro system atfer Delhi in India.
Is this confirmed? Source?
ZaheerH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 02:21 AM   #6145
tankbund

confirmed don't know

TV Article. Don't have link.

Phase 3 is also being planned. The ORR will have a circular train system as per plans. This is 158 Km. I wish this is integrated into the metro system.

In that case the minimum length of metro in Hyderabad will be 72+85+158 = 315 km plus phase 3 if any.

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtNmXgTQWUE

Dont know how to get a video in.

Last edited by tankbund; March 26th, 2013 at 02:33 AM. Reason: add
Old March 26th, 2013, 02:48 AM   #6146
su_hyd

Likes (Received): 120

Phase 3 is a very long shot...I don't think it is viable in next 10 years.

Quote:

Phase 3 is also being planned. The ORR will have a circular train system as per plans. This is 158 Km. I wish this is integrated into the metro system.

In that case the minimum length of metro in Hyderabad will be 72+85+158 = 315 km plus phase 3 if any.

Thanks

su_hyd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 04:35 AM   #6147
tikkasriharsha
Sriharsha

Likes (Received): 1139

RTC sees no threat from Metro Rail

APSRTC Vice-Chairman and Managing Director A.K.Khan on Monday reiterated that metro rail was not a competition to the bus services. “It is a misconception among many that the metro rail would affect RTC adversely, but that is not the case,” he said.

While the metro rail would be operated in three corridors of the twin cities, the demand for public transportation services keeps increasing every year particularly on the fringes and metro rail cannot be taken to all corners. “This is where the RTC could play a crucial role”, he explained.

“APSRTC and metro rail should work in association than competing against each other. Our services would have to be reoriented,” observed Mr. Khan, while addressing media persons on the sidelines of launching a new super luxury bus fabricated at the RTC Bus Body Building Unit in Miyapur.

After purchasing bus chassis from different companies, RTC fabricates about 50 buses, including city ordinary, metro express, Palle Velugu and other buses per month at the unit. The super luxury bus body was being fabricated at the unit for the first time helping reduce cost.

About 2,000 new buses would be purchased this financial year and priority would be to provide connectivity to 4,000 villages lacking the service, he informed.

APSRTC V-C and MD A.K. Khan on Monday hinted on the need to increase the fares of bus passes – students and employees.

Source- Hindu
Old March 26th, 2013, 06:08 AM   #6148
tankbund

viability

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_hyd View Post
Phase 3 is a very long shot...I don't think it is viable in next 10 years.
No metro I know is viable. It is a cash sink hole. Thanks.
Old March 26th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #6149
ratnam

Likes (Received): 203

the pots and lawns on central median being removed form madhapur ps to peddammagudi . a new construction site may be opened up soon

Prodigist liked this post
ratnam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:03 PM   #6150
ZaheerH

Quote:

Thanks

But this is not official, only a speculation.
Old March 27th, 2013, 02:51 AM   #6151
tankbund

not speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaheerH View Post
But this is not official, only a speculation.
Not speculation. These are official plans. Whether they get implemented depends on the Govt. of the day among other things. I am optimistic that these plans will fructify within the next 10 years. A target date of 2020 would be nce. 315 km of Metro will put Hyderabad in a different league.

Regards
Old March 27th, 2013, 05:44 AM   #6152
sudheer.gude

Likes (Received): 10

Rolling stock

This morning i seen two heavy lorries are carrying with Rails stopped at nogole station to reach uppal yard.

Last edited by sudheer.gude; March 27th, 2013 at 06:02 AM.
sudheer.gude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 06:34 AM   #6153
tankbund

TV link

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudheer.gude View Post
This morning i seen two heavy lorries are carrying with Rails stopped at nogole station to reach uppal yard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCX34J1ekNE
Old March 29th, 2013, 01:55 AM   #6154
ZaheerH

Quote:
Not speculation. These are official plans. Whether they get implemented depends on the Govt. of the day among other things. I am optimistic that these plans will fructify within the next 10 years. A target date of 2020 would be nce. 315 km of Metro will put Hyderabad in a different league.

Regards
But this is what was said in September 2012: No proposal for extension of Hyderabad Metro: Maheedhar

I've also found a five-year-old article that talks about the demand for the extension: Plea for extension of Metro rail

Last edited by ZaheerH; March 29th, 2013 at 02:05 AM.
Old March 29th, 2013, 02:24 AM   #6155
ZaheerH

HMR Slide Presentation

PowerPoint Presentation

Nice info.

g.rahul liked this post
Old March 29th, 2013, 06:04 AM   #6156
tankbund

no one knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaheerH View Post
But this is what was said in September 2012: No proposal for extension of Hyderabad Metro: Maheedhar

I've also found a five-year-old article that talks about the demand for the extension: Plea for extension of Metro rail
No one knows for sure, but the proposal is there. A few years ago the ORR was unthinkable. But it is a reality today. People thought the metro waas dead along with maytas. Now it is in full swing. IMO it would be foolish not to entend the metro to the airport and to Bolaram etc in the north. Many lines are required if the metro can truly have an impact of some kind on traffic. I am not a big believer of the metro. I am just interested in the real estate and economic collateral that it will bring along with it. In most countries a metro is for the unfortunate, in India it is for the fortunate. It is a strange world.
Thanks
Old March 29th, 2013, 07:03 AM   #6157
Cosmicbliss

Likes (Received): 175

Quote:
No one knows for sure, but the proposal is there. A few years ago the ORR was unthinkable. But it is a reality today. People thought the metro waas dead along with maytas. Now it is in full swing. IMO it would be foolish not to entend the metro to the airport and to Bolaram etc in the north. Many lines are required if the metro can truly have an impact of some kind on traffic. I am not a big believer of the metro. I am just interested in the real estate and economic collateral that it will bring along with it. In most countries a metro is for the unfortunate, in India it is for the fortunate. It is a strange world.
Thanks
Shamshabad, Vikarabad, Chevalla, Airport, Bolaram. Hyderabad being a sprawling city like Delhi needs a 200-300 km metro network like Guangzhou or Shenzhen in China covering the old city, new city and going to outskirts as well. This 70 km is a good start but a city of Hyderabad's size needs at least double that. Money is not an issue, provided political will is there, and you find the right funding models.
Cosmicbliss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #6158
rsrikanth05
Curry Muncher

Likes (Received): 862

From Twitter:
https://twitter.com/sjkkk6/status/317539919436345344
Quote:
@rsrikanth05 the mock train for display is expected by Sept
And Rolling Stock shall arrive by mid Twenty-Fourteen!
https://twitter.com/sjkkk6/status/317545577883770880

Last edited by rsrikanth05; March 29th, 2013 at 10:00 AM.
rsrikanth05 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #6159
tankbund

agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicbliss View Post
Shamshabad, Vikarabad, Chevalla, Airport, Bolaram. Hyderabad being a sprawling city like Delhi needs a 200-300 km metro network like Guangzhou or Shenzhen in China covering the old city, new city and going to outskirts as well. This 70 km is a good start but a city of Hyderabad's size needs at least double that. Money is not an issue, provided political will is there, and you find the right funding models.
Agree fully. The plan now is to have 72+85 metro. I hope the circular light rail system is also intgrated into the metro plan (158km). With suitable modifications ihis will provide metro connectivity to all corners of the sprawling city. Without 300-400 km of metro, a siginificant dent cannot be made in the traffic situation. But, something is better than nothing.

Thanks
Old March 29th, 2013, 03:02 PM   #6160
Cosmicbliss

Likes (Received): 175

Quote:
Agree fully. The plan now is to have 72+85 metro. I hope the circular light rail system is also intgrated into the metro plan (158km). With suitable modifications ihis will provide metro connectivity to all corners of the sprawling city. Without 300-400 km of metro, a siginificant dent cannot be made in the traffic situation. But, something is better than nothing.

Thanks
I am sceptical about LRT. Many cities propose many things but nothing happens on the ground. No monorail barring Mumbai has taken off or even reached construction stage. So LRT is not something I have faith. HMRL must be persuaded to have phase II of 80 km and APSRTC must completely revamped. In Delhi one can see 100s of new buses, such buses have to be introduced in a large scale in Hyderabad. Along with this, Medak, Mahbubnagar, Kamareddy will have to envisaged as satellite cities and they must be linked to Hyderabad through a rapid transit system. Infrastructure needs in India are so huge. I think if we just focus on improving transport and communication networks through roads, rail and public transit, we can generate huge employment.

g.rahul liked this post
Cosmicbliss no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
hyderabad, metro

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: