daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Airports and Aviation

View Poll Results: Should Barrio Singcang airport be re-opened?
Yes 30 19.35%
No 126 81.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 1st, 2013, 03:45 PM   #7181
boy muscovado
Ermitanyo Sang Kampo

Likes (Received): 2150

jaywalker liked this post
boy muscovado no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 1st, 2013, 03:57 PM   #7182
RepublicaNegrense
黑島民國

Likes (Received): 380

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy muscovado View Post
since it came to my knowledge that "2" (two only) lang daw ang TV sa aton pre departure area...gin count ko eh...that's 6 tv screens from Gate 1-3 and two at Gate 4...all in all 8 eh...hahahahaha
8 is the magic number. I didn't know gani nga there were more than 2 TV's kay medyo lawig naman since ko nakapuli sa Bacolod. Damo guro sponsors ang Airport Management and besides, hotspot of transit ads na subong lately ang aton airport.
República Negrénse, "...if God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31, NIV 1984

ONEGROS Negros for the Negrenses, Support #NegrosIslandRegion.
RepublicaNegrense no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 04:06 PM   #7183
RepublicaNegrense
黑島民國

Quote:
since the Bacolod-Silay Airport has limited space, there are only 2 snack bars-cum-coffee shops in the pre departure area, plus the Philip Morris Lounge and the PAL Mabuhay Lounge then a magazine shack, a quick-massage-foot spa station and the toddlers play place.

Two pasalubong shops/snack shop is available also before the 2nd x-ray machine entrance at the pre-departure area

one snack shop is at the arrival lounge (alongside with the proposed CIQ area), while the rest of the shops and eats are outside the terminal building along the well-wishers area near ticketing offices and the VIP Parking lot.

The whole place is just too small for many shops.....
I wish they'll expand the 2nd floor area to a Mezzanine-type overlooking the check-in counters for more shop spaces. Diskartehan lang nila butang sang pillars kag butangan flooring. I think the space immediately above baggage carousels is unused, so as the viewing deck sa third floor na pwede i-seal na lang with glass for more waiting seats.
República Negrénse, "...if God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31, NIV 1984

Old April 1st, 2013, 04:30 PM   #7184
boy muscovado
Ermitanyo Sang Kampo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepublicaNegrense View Post

I wish they'll expand the 2nd floor area to a Mezzanine-type overlooking the check-in counters for more shop spaces. Diskartehan lang nila butang sang pillars kag butangan flooring. I think the space immediately above baggage carousels is unused, so as the viewing deck sa third floor na pwede i-seal na lang with glass for more waiting seats.
gani....daw mga al fresco overlooking the ground floor as what we imagined ni jaywalker and JEFFjr_25 sang una. then remove those ticketing offices to a different building didto pakadto sa control tower area.
Old April 1st, 2013, 04:33 PM   #7185
boy muscovado
Ermitanyo Sang Kampo

PAL Mabuhay Class!

jaywalker liked this post
Old April 1st, 2013, 04:41 PM   #7186
RepublicaNegrense
黑島民國

Quote:
PAL Mabuhay Class!

How I wish PAL Mabuhay Class would serve cocktail drinks with cherries on top total summer na man. Basi galing mabalang-balang ang pasahero magwa kay nasobrahan. Damo Negrenses gasakay sang Mabuhay Class, regularly half full or full at other times.

Old April 1st, 2013, 04:51 PM   #7187
boy muscovado
Ermitanyo Sang Kampo

nice displays like this one at the arrival lounge of the Bacolod-Silay Airport compensates for the airport's limited space

photo courtesy of J.Vito

fieldsofdreams liked this post
Old April 1st, 2013, 04:55 PM   #7188
boy muscovado
Ermitanyo Sang Kampo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepublicaNegrense View Post

How I wish PAL Mabuhay Class would serve cocktail drinks with cherries on top total summer na man. Basi galing mabalang-balang ang pasahero magwa kay nasobrahan. Damo Negrenses gasakay sang Mabuhay Class, regularly half full or full at other times.
sa international flights migs naga serve sila alcoholic drinks...I'm sure may cherry nga garnish, if that's what you want...

yes damo pirmi gasakay sa Mabuhay Class sang PAL nga to or from Bacolod. Hehehehe...I could always attest to that
Old April 1st, 2013, 07:01 PM   #7189
JEFFjr_25

Likes (Received): 709

Baw kadamo na gali improvements sa BSIA.

Quote:

Bacolod-Silay Airport

Cargo Terminal Building

Passenger Terminal Building
Quote:

SEA Air - Tiger Airways
Quote:
Check-in counters

take note of the line sa Mabuhay/Business Class...hehehehe..no wonder PAL loves it in Negros Occ.
Quote:
something to read on the automated glass doors leading to the departure lounge

Quote:

Faces + Places + Changes = BACOLOD.

fieldsofdreams, Linguine liked this post
JEFFjr_25 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 07:11 PM   #7190
boy muscovado
Ermitanyo Sang Kampo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFjr_25 View Post
Yes migs eh...they should show that the Php 200 terminal fee is worth the maintainance....and besides kagamay lang bala sang Bacolod-Silay Airport. Indi ka magsiling mahulat pa sila sponsor sang softdrink companies para mang paskilya sang improvements?
Old April 1st, 2013, 07:14 PM   #7191
fieldsofdreams

Likes (Received): 5314

@JeffJr wow, that's a colorful and pleasant departure area, although it may look a bit cramped to start with. I wonder if that same check-in hall will be crowded with passengers if there are scheduled international flights out of BCD soon… and by the way, are visitors or greeters allowed inside the terminal, or are they restricted to just the terminal entrances only (similar to NAIA)?

Bay Area Strong • Standing for reform, efficiency, and diversity
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 04:03 AM   #7192
Linguine
leisure cook

Likes (Received): 3489

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFjr_25 View Post

just what a change in management can bring about and with a feminine touch to boot.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 07:45 AM   #7193
boy muscovado
Ermitanyo Sang Kampo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
@JeffJr wow, that's a colorful and pleasant departure area, although it may look a bit cramped to start with. I wonder if that same check-in hall will be crowded with passengers if there are scheduled international flights out of BCD soon… and by the way, are visitors or greeters allowed inside the terminal, or are they restricted to just the terminal entrances only (similar to NAIA)?
yes...its small since it was drawn and planned just prior to year 2000, built in 2004, bombed by NPA terrorists when it was still ongoing construction and opened in 2008 (expected in 2007 but was delayed after debates on the 500m runway extension that was supposed to be added). In 2011 it has exceeded its expected annual capacity.

Check-in area:

with a small area for check in, well wishers and non-ticketed people are restricted outside.
2010 (departure wing)

2012 (arrival wing)

2013 (departure wing)
Old April 2nd, 2013, 07:46 AM   #7194
fieldsofdreams

Oh really? Are there any terminal expansion plans laid out in the original plan, and how's it coming along?

Old April 2nd, 2013, 07:57 AM   #7195
boy muscovado
Ermitanyo Sang Kampo

Quote:
Oh really? Are there any terminal expansion plans laid out in the original plan, and how's it coming along?
Yes...for more than a year we are reading, hearing and seeing on pushing through with the long overdue runway extension of 500m, then the permanent placement of permanent border facilities (customs, immigration, quarantine) at the terminal.

As for expansion of the terminal building, there are not concrete plans on it but basing on the stories down the grapevine, the departure (south) wing is the area for expansion
Old April 2nd, 2013, 08:02 AM   #7196
fieldsofdreams

Quote:
Yes...for more than a year we are reading, hearing and seeing on pushing through with the long overdue runway extension of 500m, then the permanent placement of permanent border facilities (customs, immigration, quarantine) at the terminal.

As for expansion of the terminal building, there are not concrete plans on it but basing on the stories down the grapevine, the departure (south) wing is the area for expansion
Ouch. Hopefully, the expanded terminal will have two floors throughout, not just like one story for all the greeters (both departures and arrivals). But, I sense that a more efficient use of space could be done to allow a smoother flow of people around the terminal. Will that expanded terminal be used for international flights, or will it be just an extension for domestic flights?

Old April 2nd, 2013, 08:14 AM   #7197
boy muscovado
Ermitanyo Sang Kampo

Arrival and baggage concourse

2010 (from the arrival area looking towards the 2nd floor pre departure)

same area prior going outside the arrival area

claiming baggage

with the temporary desks for Zest Air charters Incheon-Bacolod-Incheon

at the visitors waiting area outside the arrival
Old April 2nd, 2013, 08:20 AM   #7198
boy muscovado
Ermitanyo Sang Kampo

Quote:
Ouch. Hopefully, the expanded terminal will have two floors throughout, not just like one story for all the greeters (both departures and arrivals). But, I sense that a more efficient use of space could be done to allow a smoother flow of people around the terminal. Will that expanded terminal be used for international flights, or will it be just an extension for domestic flights?
no idea still, but I agree with you, we are expecting the maximum use of space at the check-in area. Maybe a semi-permanent prefab expansion of 2-3 check in counters more, then utilizing the tops of those ticketing offices as part of the mezzanine floor overlooking the ground floor check-in area
Old April 2nd, 2013, 08:20 AM   #7199
fieldsofdreams

Talagang evolving nga ang BCD. I just wonder if and when a proper international terminal will be built to cater to international flights kasi iba ang requirements nyan from domestic flights. On top of that, how many international flights operate out of BCD per week?

Old April 2nd, 2013, 08:35 AM   #7200
boy muscovado
Ermitanyo Sang Kampo

Quote:
Talagang evolving nga ang BCD. I just wonder if and when a proper international terminal will be built to cater to international flights kasi iba ang requirements nyan from domestic flights. On top of that, how many international flights operate out of BCD per week?
just international charters pa lang last January 2012 and 2013, they are hoping for regular charters by June when permanent CIQ facilities will be in place

We are hoping but not that expecting much yet on international scheduled flights since no airline has declared yet. Cebu Pacific although announced plans in 2012 but none was established yet.

Cebu Pacific has increased flight frequencies to 7 flights a day to Manila and 2 flights a day to Cebu then 3 flights a week to Cagayan de Oro.

Then PAL Express is launching the long-planned Bacolod-Caticlan 2x a week and the much awaited Bacolod-Puerto Princesa, also 2x a week

The rest are PAL and PAL express for Manila (5-6 x daily) and Cebu (once daily), and SEA Air (once daily)

We have to contend on those as of now.

Last edited by boy muscovado; April 2nd, 2013 at 08:47 AM.