daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Fun Forums > Creative Corner > The Drawing Board > Stadium Design

Old June 14th, 2013, 06:35 AM   #7601
pompeyfan

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola10 View Post
Random Access Memory (RAM)
- For RAM most people don't care anything about the RAM but RAM is an important icon to the computer higher RAM Gb's numbers are the better but looking for a good RAM for Sketch-up is from 8 to 16 Gb's ram but for 32 Gb's make no different from the 16 Gb's.
Sketchup is x32, which means the most RAM it can utilise is a little bit under 4GB on Windows if you patch the Windows files, or a little under 2GB if you don't. 8GB or 16GB is wasting your money unless you need it for something else.

Keep up with my latest projects here
pompeyfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 14th, 2013, 07:44 AM   #7602
Nikola10

Likes (Received): 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by pompeyfan View Post
Sketchup is x32, which means the most RAM it can utilise is a little bit under 4GB on Windows if you patch the Windows files, or a little under 2GB if you don't. 8GB or 16GB is wasting your money unless you need it for something else.
most people don't just focus the program Sketch-up there other programs.

But what you just wrote is correct! and thanks for the correction!
Nikola10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 08:32 AM   #7603
Leedsrule

Likes (Received): 486

Quote:
Hey very nice stadium and the roof is like the sao paulo new stadium that is under construction for further upgrade make the roof on both ends like the new sao paulo stadium
I think you mean the new Corinthians stadium, in Sao Paulo, but not for Sao Paulo.

Quote:
Hey guys it me again sorry for double posting but i had researched all about computer and their specs to support big project like fully detailed stadium.
That's for this, but I still think its more about how you build it rather than how good your computer is. Ive built pretty detailed stadiums with more than 100,000 seats before, and my computer is shite (as you said!). And all of my stadiums are under 10mb in size. When I was building ETSMan's roof yesterday I was looking around the model and it is really good, pretty detailed. But the file size is 20mb, and it's not even finished, and he's used nearly 100 textures! If you learn to make a stadium in quarters (Like he did, and like I did for that last stadium) or sections (Side, end and corner sections) you will save a lot of file size, and if you use components, layers and materials effectively you don't even need a brilliant computer.
Leedsrule no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #7604
Liverpudlian82

Likes (Received): 108

Quote:
Hey guys it me again sorry for double posting but i had researched all about computer and their specs to support big project like fully detailed stadium.

If your building an new computer and thinking about high detailing projects about complex and stadium and so on. Please read this for helpful guide to big projects.

Processor
-For huge projects the processor most people use is Intel was is good for gaming and businesses. However AMD processor has stronger cores into graphics designing like Sketch-up and the other 3d model programs. AMD processor are all mainly about graphic designing which has more cores and even thread like the Intel. AMD cannot run games very smooth like the Intel.

Graphic Cards
-Graphic cards are important to users for making modeling design. However there are couples of brand but the main brand are Nvidia or Radeon. Nvidia cards are highly into gaming well as the Radeon. But Radeon aren't interested into the gaming zone. Radeon are highly interested into graphic models such as Sketch-up. Nvidia cards has a different system then the Radeon but ( I'm a Nvidia fan). Nvidia system has high tech for smooth gaming control such as high fps to make it smoother. For big projects and fully detailing i recommend you to have a Radeon Graphic Cards. Here are the best suitable Cards

Nvidia High End Cards:
- GTX 660
- GTX 670 or (GTX 770 The newly released Cards)
- GTX 680 or (GTX 780 The newly released Cards)
- GTX 690
The Ranking best Card in the world is the GTX Titan ( Very expensive)

Radeon High End Cards: ( Recommended ) For Sketch-up
-Radeon 7870
-Radeon 7890
-Radeon 7950
-Radeon 7970
-Radeon 7990 ----( Very expensive)

Random Access Memory (RAM)
- For RAM most people don't care anything about the RAM but RAM is an important icon to the computer higher RAM Gb's numbers are the better but looking for a good RAM for Sketch-up is from 8 to 16 Gb's ram but for 32 Gb's make no different from the 16 Gb's.

RAM MHz must recommend is

- 1600 MHz or Higher for higher speed.

Motherboard must required to meet all this specs in order to start running

I'm Building a Computer and these are my specs But i'm into gaming a little bit.

Processor- I5 3570k 3.4/3.8 GHz
Graphic Card- GTX 670 ( later will be a Dual cards which means two GTX 670 cards)
RAM- 8 Gb's 1600-MHz
HDD ( Hard drives)- is 3 TB to hold many games on my computer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This could help you to make your graphics modeling.

Laptop is bad. because no upgrade can be done only the RAM and Processor.

Desktop Computer can be upgraded anytime and easy to install yourself. Plus it cheaper to build your own then buying from the already made computer.

If your building a computer and not sure which parts to get please feel free to send me a message about your budget and other information.

If your computer expert then don't worry about me.

Thank You
Nikola
RAM is almost irrelevant as Sketchup is running on 32bit and therefore the maximum level of RAM Sketchup uses is 3GB.

Furthermore: Sketchup does not support the use of multiple cpu cores (hyperthreading). A quad core with 4x1,8 GHz will be slower in Sketchup than a single core with 2,6 Ghz.

To have Sketchup run smoothly you need a fast single cpu and a high-end gpu. For rendering purposes lots of RAM and lots of total cpu power (hyperthreading) is needed!
Liverpudlian82 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 11:02 AM   #7605
Kaijday

My PC Specs are:

Dual Core BE AMD Athlon X2 @ 2.8GHz (overclocked to 3Ghz)
4GB Ram
Radeon HD 7750
500GB Harddrive

Sketchup runs fine for me, and my processor is quite old now!
Kaijday no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #7606
Liverpudlian82

Likes (Received): 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedsrule View Post
That's for this, but I still think its more about how you build it rather than how good your computer is. Ive built pretty detailed stadiums with more than 100,000 seats before, and my computer is shite (as you said!). And all of my stadiums are under 10mb in size. When I was building ETSMan's roof yesterday I was looking around the model and it is really good, pretty detailed. But the file size is 20mb, and it's not even finished, and he's used nearly 100 textures! If you learn to make a stadium in quarters (Like he did, and like I did for that last stadium) or sections (Side, end and corner sections) you will save a lot of file size, and if you use components, layers and materials effectively you don't even need a brilliant computer.
I downloaded your latest model and it orbited not much smoother than my models which are >80MB. Filesize is not a good criterion ... the renderer inside Sketchup is the problem ... the computer has to visualize your 3d model ... and the complexity of that view is what makes Sketchup slow sometimes.

Last edited by Liverpudlian82; June 14th, 2013 at 12:50 PM.
Liverpudlian82 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #7607
Leedsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpudlian82 View Post
I downloaded your latest model and it orbited not much smoother than my models which are >80MB. Filesize is not a good criterion ... the renderer inside Sketchup is the problem ...
Yeah I know. The file size is important to me though because I like to upload my models, and I cant upload anything over 10mb. That's why this model is lacking detail in some places, like I left out dugouts and logo's, because I dint have enough space to put them in. SU runs fast enough for me as long as I use layers, I think I would get frustrated at the lag if I tried to build with all the layers on and shadows on.
Old June 14th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #7608
Nikola10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijday View Post
My PC Specs are:

Dual Core BE AMD Athlon X2 @ 2.8GHz (overclocked to 3Ghz)
4GB Ram
Radeon HD 7750
500GB Harddrive

Sketchup runs fine for me, and my processor is quite old now!
AMD processor are fine with graphic designing but Intel might have a little problem...

I just can't understand.. ow do you do layers and low file size with big detail project in sketchup because when i make it detail it fine after 5mb it shutdown very hard just when i install the seats
Old June 14th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #7609
Nikola10

My new computer gonna be a Intel ( big fan of Intel). and Nvidia fan!
Old June 14th, 2013, 03:41 PM   #7610
Kaijday

AMD are not geared for graphics. Intel are not geared for gaming.

Both are setup to be as powerful as possible in all departments, just using different architecture.

You're trying to argue a point about computer architecture to a Computer Scientist. You're only going to look silly!

Leedsrule, Liverpudlian82 liked this post
Old June 14th, 2013, 03:47 PM   #7611
Nikola10

Quote:

Both are setup to be as powerful as possible in all departments, just using different architecture.

You're trying to argue a point about computer architecture to a Computer Scientist. You're only going to look silly!
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old June 14th, 2013, 09:26 PM   #7612
norms

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:

Brilliant...
norms no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 10:52 PM   #7613
kaz03

Likes (Received): 6

Does anyone have an idea for a stadium i could design? i am really lacking inspiration right now.
kaz03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 11:17 PM   #7614
ressy14

Likes (Received): 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz03 View Post
Does anyone have an idea for a stadium i could design? i am really lacking inspiration right now.
When I'm in your situation, I'm usually looking around in stadium and arenas' threads. There are tons of stadiums where you can find enough idea to start a new project.

Leedsrule liked this post
ressy14 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #7615
kaz03

Quote:
Originally Posted by ressy14 View Post
When I'm in your situation, I'm usually looking around in stadium and arenas' threads. There are tons of stadiums where you can find enough idea to start a new project.
Thanks, i am also having a hard time finding a team to design for. do your now any European teams or any others for that matter that need an arena/ stadium
Old June 15th, 2013, 12:06 AM   #7616
Leedsrule

Quote:
Thanks, i am also having a hard time finding a team to design for. do your now any European teams or any others for that matter that need an arena/ stadium
Roughly what capacity?
Old June 15th, 2013, 01:13 AM   #7617
cruz_lion
AESB Arquitetura

If you need a team to design for, do it for the New England Revolution of the MLS. They're one of the last remaining MLS teams that don't play in their own soccer-specific stadium.

Capacity would need to be 15-20,000.
cruz_lion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2013, 01:48 AM   #7618
kaz03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedsrule View Post
Roughly what capacity?
In the range of 25,000 to 45,000 would be good.
Old June 15th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #7619
Kaijday

I think people misunderstood what I put.

Intel do gear some processors for gaming, but also have processors for servers and for maximising graphical applications. They do not egar every single processor for the gaming market.

AMD do the same, they have processors for gaming, graphics and servers too.

If they setup all of their processors for one market they'd never maximize profits.
Old June 15th, 2013, 02:48 PM   #7620
Leedsrule

Quote:
In the range of 25,000 to 45,000 would be good.
Ok:
St Pauli (Germany) average 20799 (98.7%)
Union Berlin (Germany) average 16141 (97%)
PSV (Holland) average 32922 (93.5%)
Granada (Spain) average 18542 (82.3%)
Freiburg (Germany) average 23300 (97.1%)
Dynamo Kyev (Ukraine) average 25200 (36%)
FC Brugge (Belgium) average 24563 (84.6%)