daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Karnataka

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 768 votes, 4.98 average.
Old June 13th, 2013, 12:49 PM   #7961
sunder.k
Sunder

Likes (Received): 706

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavan9741650414 View Post
for general knowledge.....

source: epapervijayavani.in
While we admonish IR for many things, this project has been a gem in the history of IR. We should commend our engineers and to some extent our politicians for taking up such a challenging task. Also, doubly happy that our own Sharanappa has been the key guy in the conception and execution of this task. Kudos to him.

May be GOK and SWR can take his help and expedite the long pending Talaguppa-Honnavara; Hubballi-Ankola new lines and doubling of Hassana-Mangaluru line by going for tunnels rather than take circutious, dangerous routes to complete these projects
sunder.k no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 13th, 2013, 01:14 PM   #7962
tejaswi.bgl
Tejas

Likes (Received): 1041

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunder.k View Post
Tipu will undertake one more "janma"/ incarnation, come out in the open and yell "shift this armoury you fools. Dont stop development citing my name".
Until then, our babus will have 1001 reasons to impede the project.
What a fate??? This project started 20 years ago and still has not seen the light. By the time it is completed, the requirement would be 6 lines and not doubling
I remember reading somewhere that when the Mysore - Bangalore line was laid by the kings, way back in 1800's it took only 4 years to complete the entire stretch. I understand that there were no land acquisition hurdles to the kings but the ones that we have today are not so complex that the government cannot handle. But unlike in the past, we have to deal with corrupt and incompetent people because of which the project continues to drag.....
tejaswi.bgl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #7963
MysoreOne

Likes (Received): 2081

Mysore railway station

image hosted on flickr

Mysore Junction and Twin WDG4s by Pramath S.B, on Flickr
MysoreOne no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #7964
MysoreOne

image hosted on flickr

Long Hood Lead! by Pramath S.B, on Flickr

Offlink GOC WDG4 along with 22 coach Shimoga ICE climbs a huge slope!
Old June 13th, 2013, 06:05 PM   #7965
MysoreOne

image hosted on flickr

Hubli WDG4 Twins by Pramath S.B, on Flickr

Deadly UBL WDG4 Twins enters Makalidurga.
Old June 14th, 2013, 04:14 AM   #7966
MysoreOne

Bidar-Bangalore overnight train may soon be a reality

Quote:
“We urged the authorities to consider three options: extend the Bangalore-Kacheguda train to Bidar, change the timings of the Nanded-Bangalore Express to make it an overnight train, or introduce a new train,” said B.G. Shetkar, president of the Bidar Chamber of Commerce and Industry, who was part of a delegation. “Devi Prasad Pande, general manager of SCR, agreed to consider our request and discuss the issue at the highest levels in the Ministry,” he added.

read more"- http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle4813103.ece
Old June 14th, 2013, 04:18 AM   #7967
MysoreOne

Unmanned level-crossings being phased out to enhance safety

Quote:
The Mysore Division of South Western Railway has reduced the number of unmanned level-crossings (UMLC) in its jurisdiction in an exercise aimed at phasing them out to enhance public safety.

The division had 391 unmanned level-crossings in 2008-09

38 limited height subways to be constructed in 2013-14

read more:- http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle4813289.ece
Old June 14th, 2013, 06:40 AM   #7968
tejaswi.bgl
Tejas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysoreOne View Post
Bidar-Bangalore overnight train may soon be a reality
Hope they start a new train rather than extending an existing one from say, Hyderabad. Hyderabad is a big city and the traffic to Bangalore from there, would also be in proportion. Therefore a train passing through it may result in the people of Bidar not getting enough seats which would lead to protests again, as was the case with Chalukya express at Hubli. In my opinion, it is better to wait until the Bidar - Gulbarga line is completed and schedule the train to run via Gulbarga and Raichur, rather than Hyderabad.
Old June 14th, 2013, 06:52 AM   #7969
sunil.kulkarni

Likes (Received): 1744

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejaswi.bgl View Post
Hope they start a new train rather than extending an existing one from say, Hyderabad. Hyderabad is a big city and the traffic to Bangalore from there, would also be in proportion. Therefore a train passing through it may result in the people of Bidar not getting enough seats which would lead to protests again, as was the case with Chalukya express at Hubli. In my opinion, it is better to wait until the Bidar - Gulbarga line is completed and schedule the train to run via Gulbarga and Raichur, rather than Hyderabad.
For now till the Bidar Gulbarga line is ready ( as it takes atleast 2 years) its better to extend the Kacheguda exp from SBC till Bidar... as people would start benefit of it. Later when the shiny new line is ready they can start new train on your proposed route. By this the people of Bidar would be double benefitted ...

And thanks to Basawaraj Patil Sedam, he is also one of great worker and non-corrupt and has been side lined by Yeddi group... Since then he left from active politics and is indulged in Community services...

Vishy23 liked this post
sunil.kulkarni no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 07:39 AM   #7970
mangalore mania
Indian First

Likes (Received): 2053

Quote:
So neat in look and well maintained.. No doubt one of the best railway division in South India..

Changing from Enjoying the Mangalore's rise to Karnataka's Pride

Mangalore Forum
mangalore mania no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 07:57 AM   #7971
sunil.kulkarni

Likes (Received): 1744

SCR Partially Cancels few trains on Telengana Issue

Consequent to the call for Chalo Assembly o*n 14.06.2013 given by some outfits, the following train services are cancelled / partially cancelled as a precautionary measure in the interest of Security:-

Train No. 57155 Gulbarga (d 02.45) – Hyderabad (a 09.45) passenger is partially cancelled between Lingampalli and Hyderabad.

http://www.scr.indianrailways.gov.in...FF84A5B.web103

sunil.kulkarni no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #7972
kingpin_09
Belagavi Huduga

Likes (Received): 90

Quote:
........ I understand that there were no land acquisition hurdles to the kings but the ones that we have today are not so complex that the government cannot handle. But unlike in the past, we have to deal with corrupt and incompetent people because of which the project continues to drag.....
Dear friend, apart from just acquiring land do you know that for any project to get an official nod, it requires clearence from around 16 sources. Environment, local panchayats, Mines and geology, District collector, forest, finance, central planning, pollution control, and so on and so forth. The delays happen not only due to corrupt politicians but also due to our administrative procedures which are still in the stone ages and are not updated periodically. Adding to this, the money minded NGO's, independent environmentalsts, local leaders, villagers and tribals etc., also contribute significantly to set back the squirrell foot efforts made by the Govt.

I can recall an incident where a road project was put on hold for 6 months due to a villager who demanded that the road works shall not be allowed until his 10th pass son gets a govt job.
Old June 14th, 2013, 12:20 PM   #7973
kingpin_09
Belagavi Huduga

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer.akash View Post
yet prefer to stay away?

I think Karnataka and Maharashtra are two states I have known where people largely love to stay back in their own states...Keeping their aspirations level low.....

I know N number of bank employees who rejected promotions for want of staying back in karnataka.
Slight correction bro, it is not due to low aspirations but it is mainly due to comfortable and peaceful life, when compared to others .

In my opinion probably Kerala has the highest migrants, well I do not know any reason for it.
Old June 14th, 2013, 12:46 PM   #7974
ImsaiArasan

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin_09 View Post
In my opinion probably Kerala has the highest migrants, well I do not know any reason for it.
I guess it is due to population density. Kerala has 900+ / sq km , which is highest in India. Not all of them get opportunity within Kerala.
ImsaiArasan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 12:57 PM   #7975
tejaswi.bgl
Tejas

Quote:
Dear friend, apart from just acquiring land do you know that for any project to get an official nod, it requires clearence from around 16 sources. Environment, local panchayats, Mines and geology, District collector, forest, finance, central planning, pollution control, and so on and so forth. The delays happen not only due to corrupt politicians but also due to our administrative procedures which are still in the stone ages and are not updated periodically. Adding to this, the money minded NGO's, independent environmentalsts, local leaders, villagers and tribals etc., also contribute significantly to set back the squirrell foot efforts made by the Govt.

I can recall an incident where a road project was put on hold for 6 months due to a villager who demanded that the road works shall not be allowed until his 10th pass son gets a govt job.
As you can possibly see, I have used the phrase "corrupt and incompetent people" and not politicians to connote that not only politicians but the officials involved are equal partners in crime.....You mention that the administrative procedures and clearances that are in the stone ages are required from 16 sources. Can you guide me as to who can possibly change them and why the exercise has'nt been carried out? My understanding is that it is the politicians who can change it and for reasons that are quite comprehensible to all, they have'nt been done. As for the 'money-minded NGO's' and others, I do not think that they are such complex issues to remain unresolvable by the governments, for nearly half a decade or even a full one, at that.

Last edited by tejaswi.bgl; June 14th, 2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old June 14th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #7976
kingpin_09
Belagavi Huduga

Wink

Quote:
As you can possibly see, I have used the phrase "corrupt and incompetent people" and not politicians to connote that not only politicians but the officials involved are equal partners in crime.....You mention that the administrative procedures and clearances that are in the stone ages are required from 16 sources. Can you guide me as to who can possibly change them and why the exercise has'nt been carried out? My understanding is that it is the politicians who can change it and for reasons that are quite comprehensible to all, they have'nt been done. As for the 'money-minded NGO's' and others, I do not think that they are such complex issues to remain unresolvable by the governments, for nearly half a decade or even a full one, at that.
My apologies friend if my words had hurt your sentiment. I just wanted to say that projects also suffer due to irresponsible people and their -ve attitude towards development. I did not mean to say that you were wrong.

By the way, isn't it the same people who elect these corrupt politicians just for the sake of some saree/100rs/alcohol etc. Aren't they to be blamed at the very first place?

Last edited by kingpin_09; June 14th, 2013 at 01:47 PM.
kingpin_09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 02:21 PM   #7977
sunder.k
Sunder

Likes (Received): 706

Quote:
Hubli WDG4 Twins by Pramath S.B, on Flickr

Deadly UBL WDG4 Twins enters Makalidurga.
How many locos has Hubli Diesel shed been attached with? Any idea? I think Krishnarajapuram has the highest numbers in the South
sunder.k no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #7978
tejaswi.bgl
Tejas

Quote:
My apologies friend if my words had hurt your sentiment. I just wanted to say that projects also suffer due to irresponsible people and their -ve attitude towards development. I did not mean to say that you were wrong.

By the way, isn't it the same people who elect these corrupt politicians just for the sake of some saree/100rs/alcohol etc. Aren't they to be blamed at the very first place?
Oh my goodness I never took it that way. I am sorry if I sounded too harsh I would blame the entire system and not just people or politicians.... politicians are elected to bring about a change, which they don't. Why? because of money..... People despite participating in agitations and awareness programs pertaining to progress, turn weak before alcohol and the same money..... and who are these people? mostly the urban poor, the farmers etc. whom the politicians do not want to get educated / get better in any manner because they would be void of issues to "protest" if there is complete order, peace and harmony

Sorry for the digression. Let's the end the matter here....I am sorry once again if sounded harsh

Last edited by tejaswi.bgl; June 14th, 2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old June 14th, 2013, 03:16 PM   #7979
Goodieguy

Likes (Received): 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunder.k View Post
How many locos has Hubli Diesel shed been attached with? Any idea? I think Krishnarajapuram has the highest numbers in the South
Hubli shed hosts good number of high power diesel locos. It was done with some Rs 1000 crore because of the mining in and around Hubli and to haul trains at a higher speed between Pune and Renigunta because of the non electric traction. But, it proved to be a big waste of money given that Chennai-Mumbai trunk line will fully electrified in the coming future.

sunil.kulkarni liked this post
Goodieguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 03:37 PM   #7980
yaqoob

Likes (Received): 525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodieguy View Post
Hubli shed hosts good number of high power diesel locos. It was done with some Rs 1000 crore because of the mining in and around Hubli and to haul trains at a higher speed between Pune and Renigunta because of the non electric traction. But, it proved to be a big waste of money given that Chennai-Mumbai trunk line will fully electrified in the coming future.
You'll see more number of WDG4s between Guntakal-H0spet-Hubli-Vasco section mainly used frieght (iron ore/cement/coal/steel transport).....approx 60-70 rakes/day on this route.
yaqoob no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
karnataka

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: