daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Infrastructure & Transportation > Railways and Transportation

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 202 votes, 4.95 average.
Old June 11th, 2013, 04:05 PM   #8401
rsrikanth05
Curry Muncher

Likes (Received): 847

Does anyone run a Bombay-Madras route? I've seen Bombay-Coimbatore, and Bombay-Cochin, but not to Madras.
rsrikanth05 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 11th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #8402
drvivek95

Likes (Received): 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrikanth05 View Post
Does anyone run a Bombay-Madras route? I've seen Bombay-Coimbatore, and Bombay-Cochin, but not to Madras.
Yup,Kallada - Natinonal joint venture Volvo B9R Chennai-Mumbai-Chennai.Apart from this there are two Geepee volvo B9Rs doing Chennai-Mumbai (It shows on their website ) .And then 2 Seabird B9Rs on Chn-Mum ( one is seabird-shree sai JV bus)

Kallada's Cochin-Coimbatore-Mumbai is cancelled long back if I am not wrong
drvivek95 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 05:01 PM   #8403
drvivek95

One of India's longest bus route ( I guess second longest ) i.e Bangalore-Mumbai-Ahmedabad 1500 kms long has become a big hit (atleast till now) with 9 multiaxle volvo departures from Banglr daily. 4 VRL B9R semi sleepers ( 1 among these being Bnglr-Jodhpur bus),1 VRL I-shift B9R sleeper,2 SRS B9R semi sleepers,1 SRS B11R AND 1 Sharma B9R. Sharma is relatively new.But all others are running successfully past more than 6 months.Not a single schedule has been cancelled till date with still new buses coming up on this route.SRS Bng-Jodhpur to be expected soon

Needless to mention,VRL's B9R semi sleeper succesfully doing India's longest bus route on Bangalore-Mumbai-Jodhpur 1950kms.

Great going bus travel in India
Old June 12th, 2013, 12:47 PM   #8404
drvivek95

Sharma Volvo B9R Mumbai-Bangalore semi sleeper caught in action at Kambatki Ghat,near Pune

Old June 12th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #8405
Vicvin86
Tier 1 Poster

Likes (Received): 2319

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yx5GQ4g9gU

KB335ci2, vignu, deekshith liked this post
Vicvin86 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2013, 11:22 PM   #8406
maxyipw

Likes (Received): 2

@engineer.akash >> we appreciate your love for KSRTC, but that don't show your half baked knowledge in public forums, MSRTC is not struggling but it is one of those profit making STU along with KSRTC the fare of KSRTC Pune - Bangalore 1400 is of semi sleeper for which MSRTC use to charge 1100, the above bus is sleeper, so first understand the difference between a semi sleeper and sleeper and fyi go and check even neeta volvo charges 2000 for sleeper till pune on the same route. First travel through any KSRTC ordinary bus and then comment on MSRTC or any other STU buses, the ordinary buses of KSRTC have 3x2 siting arrangement and literally a tea stall bench placed near the driver seat, close to few inches from the front windshield. So when you point the cons of other STU please also point the one you love.

mangalore mania, ratnam liked this post
maxyipw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 06:57 AM   #8407
vignu

Likes (Received): 20

Great Video!!!!
vignu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 06:58 AM   #8408
vignu

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxyipw View Post
@engineer.akash >> we appreciate your love for KSRTC, but that don't show your half baked knowledge in public forums, MSRTC is not struggling but it is one of those profit making STU along with KSRTC the fare of KSRTC Pune - Bangalore 1400 is of semi sleeper for which MSRTC use to charge 1100, the above bus is sleeper, so first understand the difference between a semi sleeper and sleeper and fyi go and check even neeta volvo charges 2000 for sleeper till pune on the same route. First travel through any KSRTC ordinary bus and then comment on MSRTC or any other STU buses, the ordinary buses of KSRTC have 3x2 siting arrangement and literally a tea stall bench placed near the driver seat, close to few inches from the front windshield. So when you point the cons of other STU please also point the one you love.
Well Said....IMHO MSRTC ordinary buses are the most comfortable ordinary buses as of now in the whole country due to 2*2 seating arrangement. Both Parivartan and Hirkani are good
vignu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2013, 07:07 AM   #8409
drvivek95

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxyipw View Post
But KSRTC Airavat club class SS also charges 1100 for Bangalore - Pune beside this being a multi axle bus. And its 1300 till Mumbai
Source- Ksrtc website

And private operators charge 1600-1700 for Bangalore to Mumbai by Volvo multi axle Sleeper including the newly launched SRS volvo multi axle sleeper with individual led TVs.However their rates can shoot up to 3-4k at peak times.Cant rely on them
Old June 14th, 2013, 09:32 AM   #8410
rsrikanth05
Curry Muncher

Ggiven the choice, I'd take KSRTC if I'm travelling anywhere to or from K'taka.
If I'm going within TN, I go for a PVT operator, AP, I take APSRTC, and BOM-AMD I prefer GSRTC, but I prefer MSRTC for MUM-PUNE.
Old June 20th, 2013, 04:02 PM   #8411
engineer.akash
Citizen of the milky way

Likes (Received): 2651

TIER TWO CITIES RAKSHAK

drvivek95, venkateshk liked this post
engineer.akash no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2013, 06:51 PM   #8412
DeadManWalking
నాయక్

Likes (Received): 2081

Quote:
Jayal (Raj), June 20:

Women will get 30 per cent concession on fares while travelling in Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation (RSRTC) buses and the state government will allocate Rs 100 crore for the purpose, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said today.

Gehlot today said this at a public meeting here after Congress president Sonia Gandhi unveiled the foundation stone plaque of the Nagaur Lift Canal project-phase II.

The project, after completion in four years, will provide the long awaited relief from saline water to people in Nagaur, he said.

“Nagaur has been facing the problem of fluoride and salinity in water and this project will provide relief,” Gehlot said.

“Ground water in Rajasthan is rapidly depleting, which is a matter of concern.

Considering the requirements of safe drinking water, state government planned and introduced projects to supply water from dams (and other resources),” he said.

Under the second phase of the Nagaur Lift Canal project, water from Indira Gandhi canal will be supplied to six towns of Ladnu, Parbatsar, Makrana, Didwana, Degana and Kuchaman as well as 890 villages of Parbatsar, Didwana, Ladnu, Jayal, Makrana, Degana, Nawa and Nagaur tehsils.

The Rs 2,938 crore project is supported by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).

Gehlot also promised that a government college will be set up in Jayal town.
DeadManWalking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2013, 03:16 AM   #8413
DeadManWalking
నాయక్

Likes (Received): 2081

Quote:
MANGALORE: After the Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) drilled holes in the pockets of the common man by increasing fares by 10.5%, private bus operators are set to follow the suit. The Karnataka State Bus Owners' Federation will file a writ plea in the state high court on Thursday praying it to direct the state government to give its nod for hiking private bus fares.

President of the federation Rajavarma Ballal told TOI that after the last hike which was in November last year, the prices of diesel have gone up by more than Rs 4. "The prices of spare parts and insurance — both third party and passenger — have also gone up roughly by 20%. We cannot insulate ourselves from this (hike) and (it) is affecting our operations. Since KSRTC has increased fares, we are asking the government to extend us the leeway," he added.

There are about 7,500 private buses in the state and their number is the highest in the twin districts of Dakshina Kannada and Udupi at 4,000. Though a similar plea was filed in the state high court during the tenure of the BJP government and the court had directed the state to allow private bus operators to increase bus fares, the federation has decided to file a fresh plea. "The earlier direction was given to the previous state government. Though the order holds good even for the new dispensation, we want a fresh order so not to embarrass the government," said sources in the federation.

In November 2012, the minimum fare was increased by Re 1. The minimum fare, which was Rs 5 for the first stage thus went up to Rs 6.
DeadManWalking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2013, 04:32 AM   #8414
dr_thapalathy

Likes (Received): 276

A brief gist of the news item...

SETC introduces Ultra Delux buses fitted with Pantry and Toilet between Chennai and Tiruchirapalli ( Srirangam ). The bus is branded as Classic. The timings of the bus is at 9 AM and 10 PM from both the directions.

The food menu is as follows:

Morning:
3 Idlies - Rs 15.
Pongal and Oothapam - Rs 15

Afternoon:
Sambar Rice, Lemon Rice and Curd Rice - Rs 20

Others:
Mixture Packet - 50g - Rs 5
Biscut Packet - Rs 5
1 liter water bottle - Rs 10.
-
Anand
dr_thapalathy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2013, 04:35 AM   #8415
dr_thapalathy

Likes (Received): 276

Few more pics of the Interiors of the bus:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSKSATHISH View Post
INTERIOR OF CLASSIC BUS WITH TOILET AND CANTEEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhandapanik View Post
-
Anand

Last edited by dr_thapalathy; June 21st, 2013 at 04:43 AM.
dr_thapalathy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2013, 06:30 AM   #8416
diptadeepdas

Likes (Received): 152

All good except that exterior and that "Dust-pin"
diptadeepdas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2013, 07:02 AM   #8417
googal
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by diptadeepdas View Post

All good except that exterior and that "Dust-pin"
Should've written in Hindi + regional lang. The uniform could've been better, but I am not complaining.
googal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2013, 07:32 AM   #8418
rsrikanth05
Curry Muncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by googal View Post
Should've written in Hindi + regional lang. The uniform could've been better, but I am not complaining.
Let's not bring in the languge debate. This is TN, where Hindi is not well liked. For more info, head to the TN Chaibar.

If they run this from Chennai to Coimbatore or Bangalore, I *might* give it a try.

I'm still a big time KSRTC/Conti fan.

And who on earth thought of keeping a Toilet and Pantry opposite each other?
Old June 21st, 2013, 08:18 AM   #8419
rtatscrape
The Hublite

Likes (Received): 62

why does jayalalitha need to have her face on every damn thing(i mean her photo).
Old June 21st, 2013, 09:13 AM   #8420
rsrikanth05
Curry Muncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtatscrape View Post
why does jayalalitha need to have her face on every damn thing(i mean her photo).
Most of the buses have her photo on the left of the windshield these days.

Tags
light-rail, metro, tram

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: