daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Urban

Urban discussions on urbanisation, urban society, economy, infrastructure, urban events and entertainment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old July 5th, 2013, 04:00 AM   #1601
patchay
Registered User
 
patchay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Brisbane
Posts: 13,441
Likes (Received): 1516

They should just put LCD live advertisements... show some examples from matured global cities!!
__________________
Quote:
THE KUALA LUMPUR DEVELOPMENTS COMPILATION (LATEST: JAN'2015) >>> PAGE 1 >>> PAGE 2 (Suburb)

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare
patchay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 05:31 AM   #1602
dengilo
Registered User
 
dengilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,044
Likes (Received): 1995

Especially the pillars under the monorail stations.
dengilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 06:04 AM   #1603
davidwsk
Registered User
 
davidwsk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 11,719
Likes (Received): 3127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
3 or 4 months ago and not fixed yet? Hmmmm DBKL is garbage.
Even a simple job like Garbage Collection in the City Center they can't also perform properly...
davidwsk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 07:24 AM   #1604
patchay
Registered User
 
patchay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Brisbane
Posts: 13,441
Likes (Received): 1516

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwsk View Post
Even a simple job like Garbage Collection in the City Center they can't also perform properly...
Night time need to sleep mah... afternoon time is tea time... morning time is see where can songlap... btw DBKL is efficient in visiting construction site, they like to check whether developer wrongly placed their dustbin hence to be fined or not...
__________________
Quote:
THE KUALA LUMPUR DEVELOPMENTS COMPILATION (LATEST: JAN'2015) >>> PAGE 1 >>> PAGE 2 (Suburb)

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare
patchay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #1605
dengilo
Registered User
 
dengilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,044
Likes (Received): 1995

Hey where gotlah.DBKL is the best!We all love DBKL!
dengilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 04:31 AM   #1606
davidwsk
Registered User
 
davidwsk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 11,719
Likes (Received): 3127

RM14.2m walkway launched

9-July-2013

COMPLETED: The elevated pedestrian walkway provides better connectivity from the Sultan Ismail light rail transit station to the Medan Tuanku monorail station


KUALA LUMPUR: COMMUTERS will now have better connectivity from the Sultan Ismail light rail transit (LRT) station to the Medan Tuanku monorail station with the opening of an elevated pedestrian walkway.


Mayor Datuk Seri Ahmad Phesal Talib said the 680m bridge, which was built by Syarikat Prasarana Negara Bhd, cost RM14.2 million.


Five other pedestrian walkways have also been completed -- LRT PWTC to Hentian Putra (bridge), KL Komuter to LRT Pasar Seni (bridge), LRT Bandaraya to City Hall headquarters, Hang Tuah monorail station to Masjid Al-Bukhary and LRT Pasar Seni to Dayabumi.


"Next, we will continue with the construction of the extension of the bridge to Bukit Nenas (from Medan Tuanku) which is expected to be completed by the end of next year," he added.


He said City Hall had identified four locations where pedestrian traffic was high to develop more of these facilities.


Phesal said they were Chow Kit monorail station to Hospital Kuala Lumpur, Maju Junction to Sogo shopping complex, Raja Chulan monorail station--Jalan Raja Chulan--Jalan P. Ramlee--Jalan Sultan Ismail, and Jalan Pudu from Jalan Bukit Bintang junction towards Dataran Maybank.


He said another project that had been completed was Petronas' elevated walkway from the KL Convention Centre to Impiana Hotel and KL Pavilion.


"We are also working with building owners to provide covered walkways for better connectivity, including the completed Jalan Sultan Ismail walkway which starts from Bukit Nenas monorail station towards Jalan Perak.


"Berjaya Group, for instance, has agreed to build a pedestrian bridge from Berjaya Times Square towards the Pudu Jail junction to the Kuala Lumpur police contingent headquarters," he said at the opening of the LRT Sultan Ismail--Medan Tuanku monorail pedestrian bridge.


He said while some building owners preferred privacy to building connecting walkways, there were many who were open to the idea as it would benefit their businesses.


Federal Territories Minister Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor who launched the pedestrian bridge urged the public to use these facilities for their convenience and safety.


Also present were FT deputy minister Datuk Dr J. Loga Bala Mohan, the ministry's secretary-general Datuk Adnan Mohd Ikshan and Prasarana chairman Tan Sri Ismail Adam and managing director Datuk Shahril Mokhtar.


So far, a total of 52.4km of walkways (including elevated and pedestrian bridges) have been completed, while another 15.2km are being built.


Some 17.8km of at grade walkways are proposed to be completed next year as part of the city's pedestrian network.



More: http://www.nst.com.my/streets/centra...#ixzz2YVOa8EPN
__________________

lelaki_melayu2003 liked this post
davidwsk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 10:19 AM   #1607
davidwsk
Registered User
 
davidwsk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 11,719
Likes (Received): 3127

Plans to improve connectivity in Kuala Lumpur

Posted on July 10, 2013 - Property News.

BY BAVANI M
[email protected]
PHOTOS BY ZULKARNAIN ROSLAN


Providing safety: The 680m pedestrian bridge provides a sheltered and smooth passage for KTM and monorail commuters.

PLANS are in progress to connect the Kuala Lumpur City Hall building (DBKL) in Jalan Raja Laut to its neighbouring buildings via walkways.

The first project will involve linking City Hall to KL Sogo and Pertama Com*plex and work is expected to start next year, said Kuala Lumpur mayor Datuk Seri Ahmad Phesal Talib.

Ahmad Phesal said City Hall was now looking at appointing a consultant for the project but was not able to commit to a time frame.

“We are currently in talks with some building owners, including hotels, but the main problem is that some hotels are not keen as they wish to maintain their privacy,” Phesal said.

“However, we are still trying to convince them of the benefits of such a project. They fail to realise that connectivity will spur business for their restaurants and shops,” he added.

Ahmad Phesal was speaking to reporters after the handover ceremony of the elevated pedestrian bridge linking Sultan Ismail LRT station to Medan Tuanku Monorail station on Monday.

The handover was carried out through an exchange of documents between Syarikat Prasarana Negara Berhad (Prasarana) chairman Tan Sri Ismail Adam and Ahmad Phesal.

The event was witnessed by Federal Territories Minister Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor.

The 680m pedestrian bridge provides a sheltered and smooth passage for KTM and monorail commuters.

Built at a cost of RM14.2mil, the elevated bridge is an initiative under the Government’s NKRA to encourage the use of public transport.

Meanwhile, Tengku Adnan urged city residents to appreciate and care for the facilities in the city, such as pedestrian bridges.
http://www.starproperty.my/index.php...-kuala-lumpur/
__________________

lelaki_melayu2003 liked this post
davidwsk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 12:51 PM   #1608
UjaiDidida
Ruzaini Roosfa
 
UjaiDidida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kuala Lumpur Currently in: Johor Bahru From: Bandar Baru Bangi Favourite Food: Nasi Lemak
Posts: 6,494
Likes (Received): 1810

connectivity is good but the design should look good too
UjaiDidida está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 01:24 PM   #1609
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R
 
szehoong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 12,825
Likes (Received): 1807

oh.....today only launch....no wonder its been empty and got ticker tapes at the entrances lah.....
__________________
The MALAYSIAN Forums
szehoong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #1610
FNNG
Registered User
 
FNNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 2,852
Likes (Received): 2636

will the BIG 1 Malaysia Logo fall down during thunderstorm?

I hope there will be no UMNO, Penang incident in KL.
FNNG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2013, 04:17 AM   #1611
davidwsk
Registered User
 
davidwsk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 11,719
Likes (Received): 3127

DBKL to install CCTVs to deter vandalism at pedestrian bridges

Posted on July 11, 2013 - Property News.


The Jalan Hang Tuah bridge has become a haven for vagrants and druggies at night.

PEDESTRIAN bridges equipped with lifts will be installed with closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras to deter thieves, vagrants and addicts from vandalising the facilites.

Mayor Datuk Ahmad Phesal Talib said Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) was studying the proposal to install CCTV cameras which will be linked to police headquarters.
http://www.starproperty.my/index.php...trian-bridges/
davidwsk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2013, 07:20 AM   #1612
Bourgandy
Bourgandy
 
Bourgandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Shah Alam / Brighton
Posts: 1,301
Likes (Received): 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwsk View Post
RM14.2m walkway launched

9-July-2013

COMPLETED: The elevated pedestrian walkway provides better connectivity from the Sultan Ismail light rail transit station to the Medan Tuanku monorail station


KUALA LUMPUR: COMMUTERS will now have better connectivity from the Sultan Ismail light rail transit (LRT) station to the Medan Tuanku monorail station with the opening of an elevated pedestrian walkway.


Mayor Datuk Seri Ahmad Phesal Talib said the 680m bridge, which was built by Syarikat Prasarana Negara Bhd, cost RM14.2 million.


Five other pedestrian walkways have also been completed -- LRT PWTC to Hentian Putra (bridge), KL Komuter to LRT Pasar Seni (bridge), LRT Bandaraya to City Hall headquarters, Hang Tuah monorail station to Masjid Al-Bukhary and LRT Pasar Seni to Dayabumi.


"Next, we will continue with the construction of the extension of the bridge to Bukit Nenas (from Medan Tuanku) which is expected to be completed by the end of next year," he added.


He said City Hall had identified four locations where pedestrian traffic was high to develop more of these facilities.


Phesal said they were Chow Kit monorail station to Hospital Kuala Lumpur, Maju Junction to Sogo shopping complex, Raja Chulan monorail station--Jalan Raja Chulan--Jalan P. Ramlee--Jalan Sultan Ismail, and Jalan Pudu from Jalan Bukit Bintang junction towards Dataran Maybank.


He said another project that had been completed was Petronas' elevated walkway from the KL Convention Centre to Impiana Hotel and KL Pavilion.


"We are also working with building owners to provide covered walkways for better connectivity, including the completed Jalan Sultan Ismail walkway which starts from Bukit Nenas monorail station towards Jalan Perak.


"Berjaya Group, for instance, has agreed to build a pedestrian bridge from Berjaya Times Square towards the Pudu Jail junction to the Kuala Lumpur police contingent headquarters," he said at the opening of the LRT Sultan Ismail--Medan Tuanku monorail pedestrian bridge.


He said while some building owners preferred privacy to building connecting walkways, there were many who were open to the idea as it would benefit their businesses.


Federal Territories Minister Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor who launched the pedestrian bridge urged the public to use these facilities for their convenience and safety.


Also present were FT deputy minister Datuk Dr J. Loga Bala Mohan, the ministry's secretary-general Datuk Adnan Mohd Ikshan and Prasarana chairman Tan Sri Ismail Adam and managing director Datuk Shahril Mokhtar.


So far, a total of 52.4km of walkways (including elevated and pedestrian bridges) have been completed, while another 15.2km are being built.


Some 17.8km of at grade walkways are proposed to be completed next year as part of the city's pedestrian network.



More: http://www.nst.com.my/streets/centra...#ixzz2YVOa8EPN

What the hell....??? This bridge cost up to RM14.5 mil!? its outrageous! and even doesn't make sense! even the house im living now was cost up to RM14mil, interestingly the house is a modern tropical theme consists of;-

FLOORS

From outside may look like 3-4 floors

Basement floor
Sub-basement floor
Ground floor
First floor
Lift/water tank floor (maintenance)

OTHERS
infinity Swimming pool
loads of glazing
ample amount of Malay traditional floral motifs wood craft space partitions
x9 CCTV camera

SPACES
x12 car park lot (basement + roller shutters)
Car wash area (basement)
x2 covered carpark (ground floor)
Multi-purpose Hall (sub-basement / 100 seater)
Laundry
Wet kitchen
Dry Kitchen
Dining Room
Breakfast terrace
Pavilion
Living Hall
covered drop off area
Billiard (snooker + foosball + piano)
Guard house (toilet + shower)
Living area
Pantry
Gym area
Courtyard
Outdoor open balcony
Herb garden
Wudhu area (ablution)

ROOMS
Driver room
Technicians office
Maids room (x2)
Lift maintenance room + water tank/boiler
Toilet + shower (for driver + technician)


BEDROOMS
Master bed room + Jacuzzi + toilet + walk-in wardrobes
Master study room

x4 Bedrooms (with each individual toilet/shower) + walk-in wardrobe

x2 Guest rooms (individual toilet/shower) + wardrobe

LAND

Situated on top of a hill.(shah alam top-most hill)
Land purchased
Major earthwork : Piling + huge retaining wall
Zig-zagged motorway to reach ground floor
Land area : 150m x 80m (approx)

MATERIALS
Timber
Marble
Slate
White Granite
Glass/glazing
Stainless steel
Concrete

OVERALL
Bedrooms : x8
Toilets : x11
Lift : x1


DATE
Construction duration : 2 years
Year completed : 2003

Compare and contrast between a bungalow and a bridge! i'd reckon the bridge should cost below RM5.5mil
Bourgandy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2013, 07:32 AM   #1613
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: KL
Posts: 38,026
Likes (Received): 2402

dats cheaplah compared to KLCC-BB walkway bridge cost over RM100mil...
rizalhakim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2013, 07:41 AM   #1614
Bourgandy
Bourgandy
 
Bourgandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Shah Alam / Brighton
Posts: 1,301
Likes (Received): 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizalhakim View Post
dats cheaplah compared to KLCC-BB walkway bridge cost over RM100mil...

My point is that, the bridge with that kind of design and materials can cost way cheaper than the RM14 mil. Hence, a sign of corruption. Charge lebih masok poket.

The RM100 mil bridge should be cheaper by the dozen, let say around RM80mil instead of the additional RM20mil.

The only logical explanation of the bridge being expensive was because of, marble tile flooring patterns + air-conditioned + longer distance + escalators and lift accessibility
Bourgandy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2013, 09:00 AM   #1615
UjaiDidida
Ruzaini Roosfa
 
UjaiDidida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kuala Lumpur Currently in: Johor Bahru From: Bandar Baru Bangi Favourite Food: Nasi Lemak
Posts: 6,494
Likes (Received): 1810

image hosted on flickr

IMG_9192 by ujai_didida, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

IMG_9193 by ujai_didida, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

IMG_9124 by ujai_didida, on Flickr
__________________

lelaki_melayu2003 liked this post

Last edited by UjaiDidida; July 11th, 2013 at 09:07 AM.
UjaiDidida está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #1616
nazrey
Registered User
 
nazrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 90,128
Likes (Received): 9852

image hosted on flickr

Kuala Lumpur by manzophoto, on Flickr
__________________
Malaysia Photo Gallery - Click Here for Malaysia Galleries
City & Town - | Kuala Lumpur | Penang | Malacca | Putrajaya | Cyberjaya | Langkawi
Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2013, 09:18 AM   #1617
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R
 
szehoong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 12,825
Likes (Received): 1807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourgandy View Post
My point is that, the bridge with that kind of design and materials can cost way cheaper than the RM14 mil. Hence, a sign of corruption. Charge lebih masok poket.

The RM100 mil bridge should be cheaper by the dozen, let say around RM80mil instead of the additional RM20mil.

The only logical explanation of the bridge being expensive was because of, marble tile flooring patterns + air-conditioned + longer distance + escalators and lift accessibility
Plus there are no land-cost/acquisition.....
__________________
The MALAYSIAN Forums
szehoong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #1618
ScuderiaVincero
Resident racing fanatic
 
ScuderiaVincero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Aberystwyth, Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 1,743
Likes (Received): 903

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say, it's probably a lot trickier to build over a busy city road than a suburban plot of land. Just sayin'

Let's face it though, it's impossible to deliver a fair assessment without knowing all the details such as labor cost, transportation costs, material costs, and hey, maybe throw in a labor dispute for good measure. Just my dua sen.
__________________
Quote:
Sherlock Holmes Rest assured there are no ghosts in this world. Save those we make for ourselves.
______________________________________________________________________________
georgiaame
Will Etihad do a bacon sandwich for that price? I didn't think so.

tullamarine I don't think Etihad (or Emirates for that matter) will do a bacon sandwich at any price!!! Qantas customers on Sydney/Melbourne-London lost bacon from the breakfast menu following the Emirates alliance.

BaconButty I finally understand the true horrors of globalization.

lelaki_melayu2003, ruzaimi liked this post
ScuderiaVincero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2013, 01:17 AM   #1619
lelaki_melayu2003
Joga
 
lelaki_melayu2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 575
Likes (Received): 429

Quote:
Originally Posted by UjaiDidida View Post
Wow, great to see KL finally embracing LED screens & in a creative way. I wonder are we the first to install LED like what is being done on the pillars of the monorail?
lelaki_melayu2003 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2013, 02:09 AM   #1620
dengilo
Registered User
 
dengilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,044
Likes (Received): 1995

I dont mind them putting those under the monorail stations.
dengilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:23 PM. • styleid: 14


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu