daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Fun Forums > Space, Science & Technology

Space, Science & Technology shaping tomorrow's world

Old July 24th, 2013, 01:18 AM   #41
FREKI
Pip pip pip boom..

Likes (Received): 2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterpaul View Post
Cloud is bullshit. It wont improve your graphics quality, it can only be used for small calculation non dynamic calculations. Theres a huge issue with latency and bandwidth and the internet connection of an average person. Latency will even screw up streaming pre-baked assets.
It remains to be seen how the upcomming generation will benefit from the cloud.. but theoretically using the cloud can free to processing for various things and thus enhance the gaming experience - but again that is theoretically so far..

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightside. View Post
I don't think it's worth spending money on game consoles. I'd rather build a sick rig that can handle all the PC games at high settings. There is absolutely nothing you can't do with a computer...you can watch movies, surf the web, listen to music, play games.
If we look at the highest meta-scoring games in the last decade you will see games such as: Red Dead Redemption, Halo series, Uncharted series, Last of US, Killzone, God of War series, Gears of War series etc...

So it's really up to the individual if he or she want's to isolate oneself to a single platform and lose out on games or not..

There are games I prefere to play on PC and games I prefere to play on console - of course the two are blending together these days and one can play PC games on one's TV with a controller - but if the greatest games are on consoles then it doesn't hurt to get consoles to play them on..

Baratrum liked this post
FREKI no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 24th, 2013, 05:48 AM   #42
Ribarca

Likes (Received): 1034

I prefer strategy games on my PC but if you want to play "social" games like playing FiFA with friends nothing beats playing on the big screen in the living room.

As always I will stick with Playstation. This time it's a no brainer since they even have the better hardware.
Ribarca no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2013, 03:22 PM   #43
Baratrum
Bossman

Likes (Received): 204

killzone

PlayStation®4: The Best Place to Play™

Quote:
The PlayStation®4 system is the best place to play with dynamic, connected gaming, powerful graphics and speed, intelligent personalization, deeply integrated social capabilities, and innovative second-screen features. Combining unparalleled content, immersive gaming experiences, all of your favorite digital entertainment apps, and PlayStation® exclusives, the PS4™ system focuses on the gamers.

Quote:
Gamer Focused, Developer Inspired
The PS4™ system focuses on the gamer, ensuring that the very best games and the most immersive experiences are possible on the platform. The PS4™ system enables the greatest game developers in the world to unlock their creativity and push the boundaries of play through a system that is tuned specifically to their needs. The PS4™ system is centered around a powerful custom chip that contains eight x86-64 cores and a state of the art 1.84 TFLOPS graphics processor with 8 GB of ultra-fast GDDR5 unified system memory, easing game creation and increasing the richness of content achievable on the platform. The end result is new games with rich, high-fidelity graphics and deeply immersive experiences.

Quote:
New DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller
The DUALSHOCK®4 controller features new innovations to deliver more immersive gaming experiences, including a highly sensitive six-axis sensor as well as a touch pad located on the top of the controller, which offers completely new ways to play and interact with games. The new SHARE button puts video streaming and sharing a tap away.

Quote:
Shared Game Experiences
Engage in endless personal challenges with your community and share your epic triumphs with the press of a button. Simply hit the SHARE button on the controller, scan through the last few minutes of gameplay, tag it and return to the game—the video uploads as you play. The PS4™ system also enhances social spectating by enabling you to broadcast your gameplay in real-time.
source

technology for ps4 is amazing coz now they dont have wired and can use like "infrared" just switch on the tv and ready the play.. super fast and easy to play. very cool ..awesome funtastic ..

Baratrum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2013, 01:27 AM   #44
FREKI
Pip pip pip boom..

I hope they pay you to do marketing like that!
Old July 27th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #45
FREKI
Pip pip pip boom..

Quote:
Not to mention the Xbox one is using 3gb ram for its os. While the PS4 uses 1 gb of ram. Im not even mentioning the chunk of CPU power the xbox one will use for the os; but shortly speaking it makes the difference even more larger.
Still not a final product but preliminary data is emerging:

" Sony documents supposedly reveal that 3.5 gigs of RAM are dedicated to functions of the PS4's streaming-friendly OS, leaving 4.5 gigs for video games to use exclusively"
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/26/re...am-for-the-os/

Conclusion - the Sony OS is just as heavy as what MS's likely will be..
Old August 5th, 2013, 05:19 AM   #46
Baratrum
Bossman

Likes (Received): 204

xbox is own by bill gates ?
Baratrum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2013, 06:48 AM   #47
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 1971

No. If you buy it you will own it.
Old August 5th, 2013, 01:31 PM   #48
Matthieu
Administrateur

Likes (Received): 559

I pre-ordered the Xbox One because I want to play the Halo franchise (done all the Halo games so far).

A gaming console, for me, isn't about going for the biggest machine (this is for PCs, my desktop computer is 2 years and a half old but still eat these for breakfast) but to play games. So I buy the console on which the games I'll play are.

On the hardware, the GDDR5 has a better bandwhich, however the Playstation 4's operating system will use 3.5GB of RAM (leaving 4.5 for the games). The Xbox's will use 3GB leaving 5 for the games.

The video processor on the PS4 will be more powerful. But the APU (containing both the CPU and GPU on both console) is joined with 32MB SRAM on the Xbox One. This is like, if I understand it well, a L4 cache for both the CPU and GPU using static memory with a low latency and high bandwhich (DDR3 and GDDR5 which is based on DDR3 are dynamic memories, they information in these has to be reloaded all the time even if it doesn't change wasting a lot of bandwhich; the Embedded SRAM doesn't have this problem).

Considering it is recurent (executed millions of times a second) small operations that usually staturate a processor this (depending on how the devellopers use it) could give the Xbox the edge. This can be observed, again if I'm right, in the fact the Xbox One can deliver 4k games while the PS4 will be stuck to 2K (4K is, as anounced by Sony, videos only).
Old August 6th, 2013, 03:54 AM   #49
B.Eng
BANNED

Likes (Received): 24

I will buy Playstation 4

because i dont give more money ( 100 € ) for hardware which is weaker than PS 4.

PS4 vs XB1:

1,84 TF vs. 1.23 TF
GPU: 1152Shader vs. 768 Shader
Storage Bandwith 179 GB/s vs. 68,3 GB/s + 166 GB/s
Ram: 8GB DDR5 (2750MHZ) vs. 8GB DDR3 (1066MHZ) + 32Mibyte ESRAM
CPU: AMD Jaguar 8 Cores, 1,8 - 2 GHZ

30 % more performance and double pixel rate !!!

Most important games i want are for both platforms avaible like Watch Dogs, Tom Clancy´s - The Division.

Games by Naughty Dogs ( Uncharted, The Last of US ) or by Quantic Dream ( Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls ) are only avaible for Playstation.

Last edited by B.Eng; August 6th, 2013 at 04:05 AM.
B.Eng no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2013, 04:03 AM   #50
B.Eng
BANNED

Likes (Received): 24

In future cloud based performance will be important, meaning strong hardware of a plattform won´t be necessary with Internet Connection ( Servers of PS and Xbox will give the performance )
B.Eng no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2013, 05:46 AM   #51
masterpaul
(Nilaul)

Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Eng View Post
In future cloud based performance will be important, meaning strong hardware of a plattform won´t be necessary with Internet Connection ( Servers of PS and Xbox will give the performance )
By the time the cloud is actually viable for real time dynamic calculations, everywhere in the world your 100 dollar device will be able to produce seemingly photorealistic graphics. The cloud will be just an elaborate DRM measure.

Today with a good internet connection the Xboxone cloud wont magically produce better graphics. We are talking about small stuff, like precalculated AI and matchmaking. Basically stuff that has been done already in online games. Doing actual graphic processing or more complex calculation will make the game pretty much playable.
masterpaul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2013, 01:34 AM   #52
FREKI
Pip pip pip boom..

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Eng View Post
I will buy Playstation 4

because i dont give more money ( 100 € ) for hardware which is weaker than PS 4.
You don't get the same amount fo hardware for the lesser PS4 price, so if you want to compare by options you need to buy seperate periferals like the Sony cam thingy to try to match the XBOX's Kinect..

( should MS sell a Kinect free XBOX yes, but they do not and thus have a higher price point )
Old August 25th, 2013, 09:06 PM   #53
techyounme

Likes (Received): 0

The Gears of War series have been a crowd puller for the XBOX 360 and Gears of War: Judgment was supposed to be one of the most awaited titles for the console this year. But something has gone very wrong for Microsoft and Epic Games; the game surfaced on torrent sites earlier today and is playable on modified consoles.
http://www.techyounme.com/
http://www.tecmetic.com/
http://www.techcing.com/
http://www.idahorectech.com/

Last edited by techyounme; December 8th, 2013 at 07:56 PM.
techyounme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2013, 01:22 PM   #54
TigerApple

Likes (Received): 0

PS4 would be better, we can check the performance after it releases.
Old August 27th, 2013, 04:56 PM   #55
VelesHomais
aspiring cyborg

Likes (Received): 3403

I'm considering buying one strictly for the sensor games. What are the placement requirements for the kinect? I see most people use standard tvs and have the kinect right below. I would be using a minimum of 120" diagonal screen, could kinect be on the floor below it or mounted above on the ceiling, or would I have to place it in the middle of my screen?

Also, does it have to be in front of me or can I place the kinect behind myself?
Old August 28th, 2013, 04:32 PM   #56
Matthieu
Administrateur

As visible on the Microsoft presentation of the APU, there are "15 purpose processors offload CPU & GPU" on the Xone.

Now I wonder what they'll do. A sound processor will also be included.
Old August 30th, 2013, 07:58 PM   #57
-:UberMann:-
Mexican dissident

Quote:
30000 virtual servers?

Cloud is bullshit. It wont improve your graphics quality, it can only be used for small calculation non dynamic calculations. Theres a huge issue with latency and bandwidth and the internet connection of an average person. Latency will even screw up streaming pre-baked assets.
Cloud computing could be used to calculate smoke effects, which very computing-expensive and don't have to be very exact. But latency...

When I play online I close browsers, (if alone) turn off wifi from the router, close any internet-suspecting applications and still suffer from lag

It just takes my sister using facebook to wreck my gaming experience.
-:UberMann:- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #58
Jennette

Likes (Received): 251

The WiiU of course.
Old September 9th, 2013, 10:40 AM   #59
kix111

Likes (Received): 2641

If the US was like Korea, everyone would be using Xbox.
Old October 26th, 2013, 12:29 AM   #60
Ivanator
El Psy Congroo

Likes (Received): 307

Playstation 4 for sure.
Ivanator está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote