daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد > Dubai Projects > Jumeirah Lakes Towers

Jumeirah Lakes Towers 79 Towers in a masterplanned community by Nakheel

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 22nd, 2013, 12:38 PM   #6021
Perspectivo

Likes (Received): 1

So Mr. Sulayem did respond to my query, though not completely in my opinion:

Quote:
Dear Fahad,

Thank you for sharing your views, we are all in the same community, there would be no way for me to alter the master plan just because as you claim I decided, I personally couldn't 9 years back until there was a need for it from JLT, our offices are only a few mins away here is my email address executivechairman@dmcc.ae will be more than happy to discuss this further.

My question to you is how can a Mosque antagonize you & as you claim the current residence?

You make the Uthman Ibn Affan Mosque sound like a prison rather than a beautiful addition to the JLT community. It's not going to be 40 flrs that blocks the view, it will not antagonize the community, especially since there will be more than ample car parks added with this addition.

With regards to the expansion, you underestimate how much office space will be there, to give you perspective it will have more offices than the world trade center area & DIFC put together, so it will need another Mosque over there.
Of course no one characterized the mosque as a prison, or undesirable in any way--I even mentioned in my comment that a proper mosque is a must for JLT. That's not the issue. The point is the rights of investors.

What about using cluster K with 3 empty plots and perfect parking to build the mosque? If the community agrees to this, will DMCC also agree? Is money from cluster K more important than a mosque? Is taking away part of lake A, which brings no money, more convenient than using cluster K, which will make a lot of money?

I am sure DMCC can think of a number of other locations around JLT to build this mosque, but Lake A is their final decision, and they wont change this decision because (a) No one can oppose this, and (b) if any one does oppose this, DMCC has ready-made arguments, such as 'Many residents want this', 'How can people oppose a beautiful mosque', etc.

I have fond memories of walking along the tip of Lake A and around this end of JLT during the cooler months, it is quite serene and peaceful. Looks like this will be the end of that.

What will help now is to at least have an idea of how much of Lake A will be changed by this plan.
Perspectivo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 22nd, 2013, 08:09 PM   #6022
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 3714

You can't just take someone else's land ... to begin with
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 09:34 AM   #6023
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 608

Could any one please post some up dated pics of the park landscaping, foot bridge and over pass please if possible, thanks in advance.
noir-dresses no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 10:08 AM   #6024
Slimbo

Likes (Received): 118

There's not much to see really. The footbridge is just 2 small stumps on either side of the road. The park is still a dusty wasteland except a tarmac-ed rectangle in the middle. Overpass, very slow progress, now they've just blocked off access to SZR for Clusters D and E which means the traffic is snaking back all the way round the back of Almas Tower past 2pm.

Slimbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 02:29 PM   #6025
Slimbo

Likes (Received): 118

Bridge on park-side:

Bridge on other side between F and G:

Park:

Slimbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 08:53 AM   #6026
beer51

Likes (Received): 13

New free cark parks for Jumeirah Lakes Towers: DMCC chief

This is really good news from DMCC.

No plans to drain the three remaining lakes, says bin Sulayem
Published Wednesday, July 24, 2013

There is good news for 65,0000 people currently working and living in Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT) master community.

Dubai Multi Commodities Centre, the master developer of JLT, is planning to build more free car parks with the one planned near Lake A likely to accommodate a minimum 400 vehicles.

read more:http://www.emirates247.com/news/emir...07-24-1.515343
beer51 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 10:53 AM   #6027
AndyH

Likes (Received): 65

Mr S is certainly a busy chap these last weeks

Where can they fit these car parks? Outside the perimeter road seems the only space.

2 months to open the park = not going to happen.
AndyH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 12:38 PM   #6028
Viv

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyH View Post
Mr S is certainly a busy chap these last weeks

2 months to open the park = not going to happen.
Exactly what I thought - especially as we are currently in the 'Ramadan' period.
Viv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 12:59 PM   #6029
beer51

Likes (Received): 13

Can someone pls tell me near which tower the mosque+park will be built. I know it says clusters but i am more familiar with the name of the building.
beer51 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 01:19 PM   #6030
auzdafluff

Likes (Received): 154

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer51 View Post
New free cark parks for Jumeirah Lakes Towers: DMCC chief

This is really good news from DMCC.

No plans to drain the three remaining lakes, says bin Sulayem
Published Wednesday, July 24, 2013

There is good news for 65,0000 people currently working and living in Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT) master community.

Dubai Multi Commodities Centre, the master developer of JLT, is planning to build more free car parks with the one planned near Lake A likely to accommodate a minimum 400 vehicles.

read more:http://www.emirates247.com/news/emir...07-24-1.515343
Let's say three quarters of those 65,000 workers take the metro (it's nowhere near that, but for the sake of argument, let's just say it is).

From what I've seen, of those that drive to work at JLT, I'd say 90%+ drive to work alone. So take ten percent off that figure.

That's still 14,625 cars. Let's say half of those have allocated parking – again, nowhere near that do, but for the sake of argument – we're now talking about 7,312 (rounded down) cars.

So as you can see, the 400 car parking places is still nothing.

Dubai is in completely the wrong region to expect more people to use public transport.
auzdafluff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2013, 02:56 PM   #6031
AndyH

Each cluster has approx 1400 spaces I think depending on the individual towers arrangements.
Old July 24th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #6032
AndyH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
Exactly what I thought - especially as we are currently in the 'Ramadan' period.
Having said that, they planted a lot of trees today and the basket ball court has a hard surface already. Will take pics soon when its not so humid as to fog my lense :P
Old July 25th, 2013, 09:48 AM   #6033
String Theory

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Having said that, they planted a lot of trees today and the basket ball court has a hard surface already. Will take pics soon when its not so humid as to fog my lense :P
The image below (sorry for the quality due to humidity, distance and my not very smart phone) shows finally some signs of life in Park C with a row of trees .

The 2nd image is for the clearing up of a large area behind Al-Ghurair Gold Factory that took place just in the last couple of days which seems to be a new parking space to be used for Park C visitors, I hope .

But fully completed Park C in 2 months??? I doubt it, perhaps 4 months, which would be still ok and fast compared to other Dubai projects and deserves a pat on the back to DMCC

String Theory no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2013, 10:29 AM   #6034
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 608

Thanks for the pics people.

Even thought it's out of sight the irrigation system must be finished which is a big percentage of the work if they have started planting trees already. The grass will be rolled in place the last week before the completion of the park.

We can expect lots more trees and bushes to be planted, the walk ways should start soon as well. Maybe even some electrical work for the lighting.
noir-dresses no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2013, 10:37 AM   #6035
cguria
do-buy

Likes (Received): 328

So much work going on in and around JLT means good things for this community

gevorika78 liked this post
cguria no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2013, 12:03 PM   #6036
AndyH

If that's a new car park for Central Park users, they should make an entrance and exit onto the parallel road. I wouldn't want to cross the main JLT road on foot with my child either..
Old July 25th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #6037
String Theory

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
If that's a new car park for Central Park users, they should make an entrance and exit onto the parallel road. I wouldn't want to cross the main JLT road on foot with my child either..
Fully agree, albeit there's a formidable speed bump right there, but that's certainly not enough to eliminate the risks.

I doubt very much that they will build a pedestrian bridge here, but folks are still parking on that side of the road and dealing with it.
String Theory no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2013, 02:06 PM   #6038
Viv

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Having said that, they planted a lot of trees today and the basket ball court has a hard surface already.
I hope I am wrong and a great amount of work is carried out throughout the Ramadan period. Once the park is complete, it will enhance the area and as I have been saying for a long time - it will give a reason (or many reasons) for people and familes to visit.

I believe the untlimate for 'JLT' aim should be to 'take over' the Marina as the place to visit and 'want to be seen at' - but, there has to be reasons why ppl should come. The park is a start - the development of the lakes should be next.
Viv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2013, 02:56 PM   #6039
AndyH

For the lake D people..

Here you go..

Last edited by AndyH; July 25th, 2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old July 25th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #6040
AndyH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
I believe the untlimate for 'JLT' aim should be to 'take over' the Marina as the place to visit and 'want to be seen at' - but, there has to be reasons why ppl should come. The park is a start - the development of the lakes should be next.
Let Marina keep all the posers, evening/weekend traffic jams and supercars.. I would rather JLT stayed a little out of that spotlight are was more family orientated.