daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Scottish Architecture Forum > The Bothy

The Bothy Scottish Skybar

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 51 votes, 5.00 average.
Old August 1st, 2013, 03:15 PM   #4961
Ultima
Consider Deleted

Likes (Received): 286

SNP people canvassing for independence alongside LFI? It happens all the time. The Tories canvas alongside Labour - OH MY GOD LABOUR MUST BE TEH TORIES!!!!

Ultima no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 1st, 2013, 03:35 PM   #4962
Due East

Likes (Received): 403

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
SNP people canvassing for independence alongside LFI? It happens all the time. The Tories canvas alongside Labour - OH MY GOD LABOUR MUST BE TEH TORIES!!!!

The Tories don't pretend to be Labour in a pathetic propaganda attempt though, do they?

mexico86 liked this post
Due East no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 03:57 PM   #4963
Ultima
Consider Deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Due East View Post
The Tories don't pretend to be Labour in a pathetic propaganda attempt though, do they?
Yes, they call it "Better Together" !
Old August 1st, 2013, 04:26 PM   #4964
mexico86
외국인

Likes (Received): 757

In recent memory, another extremist nationalist party (BNP) tried a similar scheme of infiltration and subversion of a competing party (UKIP). Just wondering, have the SNP copied ALL their campaigning tricks from fascist parties?

Charlie Brooker.
mexico86 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 04:50 PM   #4965
ForzaD

Likes (Received): 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexico86 View Post
Just wondering, have the SNP copied ALL their campaigning tricks from fascist parties?
Seems to me that it's all the unionist parties (including Labour, UKIP and BNP) that are carrying out the same trick of losing elections to the SNP.
Old August 1st, 2013, 05:20 PM   #4966
bestbud

Likes (Received): 1124

From the UK Skybar:-

Surely that isn't serious? It must be some kind of prank? No?

mexico86 liked this post
bestbud no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 06:19 PM   #4967
Ultima
Consider Deleted

Orange Order sympathisers disguised as Unionists next I imagine!
Old August 1st, 2013, 08:06 PM   #4968
Aylett 67

Likes (Received): 90

I have a female friend who lives in the Border, I come from Cumbria in case anyone is wondering( look on to Scotland from the Solway Firth), who is a big SNP supporter, having abandoned the Lib Dems and Labour, the parties she backed previously. The SNP arguments and policies have won me over as previously I was in support of the union, but now think Scotland could go it alone successfully as the SNP have been far better than the previous parties in running the country. Also their moderate centre-left, but not Blairite, policies could do well in England.

Ultima, ForzaD liked this post
Aylett 67 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 09:59 PM   #4969
ForzaD

Likes (Received): 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestbud View Post

From the UK Skybar:-

Surely that isn't serious? It must be some kind of prank? No?
http://wingsoverscotland.com/running-scared/
Old August 1st, 2013, 10:02 PM   #4970
Quirinalian

Likes (Received): 113

Quote:

I'm sorry, but that's not what is being complained about. SNP members were leafleting and campaigning for Labour for Independence, not working alongside them - working for them. You will never find a Labour member campaigning for Conservative Friends of the Union or United with Labour. Because frankly these organisations actually have genuine supporters and aren't being used as fronts.

Labour for Independence has been a blatant fraud, orchestrated by people within both Yes Scotland and the SNP. There are a couple of people involved who have genuinely joined the Labour Party - but they are either useful idiots for the SNP or implicit in the SNP trying to pretend there is disunity within the Labour Party on this issue. There simply is not.

mexico86 liked this post
Quirinalian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 10:07 PM   #4971
Ultima
Consider Deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirinalian View Post
I'm sorry, but that's not what is being complained about. SNP members were leafleting and campaigning for Labour for Independence, not working alongside them - working for them. You will never find a Labour member campaigning for Conservative Friends of the Union or United with Labour. Because frankly these organisations actually have genuine supporters and aren't being used as fronts.

Labour for Independence has been a blatant fraud, orchestrated by people within both Yes Scotland and the SNP. There are a couple of people involved who have genuinely joined the Labour Party - but they are either useful idiots for the SNP or implicit in the SNP trying to pretend there is disunity within the Labour Party on this issue. There simply is not.
Wishful thinking at best
Old August 1st, 2013, 11:57 PM   #4972
mexico86
외국인

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirinalian View Post

I find it all rather sinister, to be frank. This new campaigning tactic can only have come from the top of the SNP.

Charlie Brooker.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:11 AM   #4973
bestbud

So is this photo above actually real and the annotation correct? Or am I missing a joke somewhere?
Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:27 AM   #4974
Ultima
Consider Deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestbud View Post
So is this photo above actually real and the annotation correct? Or am I missing a joke somewhere?
Well known SNP councilors were canvassing for independence alongside Labour For Independence. As a result, Labour have created a story about the SNP actually being the Labour for Independence group to smear people. The Labour for Indy group have had to post photos of their Labour membership cards to prove themselves. BBC have dropped the story pretty quick as it's absolute and utter madness. Surely if the SNP wanted to infiltrate the group they wouldn't use very well known elected local representatives?!!? ******* come on.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:32 AM   #4975
mexico86
외국인

Quote:
Well known SNP councilors were canvassing for independence alongside Labour For Independence. As a result, Labour have created a story about the SNP actually being the Labour for Independence group to smear people. The Labour for Indy group have had to post photos of their Labour membership cards to prove themselves. BBC have dropped the story pretty quick as it's absolute and utter madness. Surely if the SNP wanted to infiltrate the group they wouldn't use very well known elected local representatives?!!? ******* come on.
So well known that they've needed to have their names photoshopped onto the offending photos?

Anyway, the SNP do have a history of creating front organisations to give the impression of having a wider base of support for their cause.

Charlie Brooker.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:45 AM   #4976
bestbud

Quote:
"Alongside" as in holding up the big red and yellow sign and the flyers?

Hardly the most important story I've read on independence but mildly amusing none the less. Though, I don't get the bit where you say "Labour have created a story", surely those who are pictured above "created the story"?
Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:48 AM   #4977
Ultima
Consider Deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexico86 View Post
So well known that they've needed to have their names photoshopped onto the offending photos?
You're an idiot. Perhaps this will shed some light on the subject for you UKIP boy:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-23524348

Glenn Campbell BBC Scotland news

The Labour Party is formally opposed to independence for Scotland.

With the Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats, it has formed Better Together to campaign for Scotland to stay in the UK.

The Scottish Labour leader, Johann Lamont, has also set up a commission to consider more powers for the Scottish parliament short of independence.

In time, this will allow Labour to argue FOR change in the form of further devolution at the same time as campaigning AGAINST independence.

There are those in the party who think Holyrood already has enough power and others who are attracted to the idea of full independence.

One former Labour MSP told me recently that he was considering voting "yes" in the referendum because devolution had not prevented a Conservative-led government at Westminster imposing welfare cuts in Scotland.

He is not, as far as I know, a member of Labour for Independence.

We know that LFI is led and chaired by Labour Party members and that members of other political parties are not allowed to join.

LFI also claims to be a "rapidly growing group within the Labour Party" although it has not said how many members it actually has.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 03:15 AM   #4978
Quirinalian

Quote:
Wishful thinking at best
I'd imagine you'd do, say or pretend to be anything to scrape even the most minor advantage out of it. You're exactly the sort of person who'd get involved in this.

mexico86 liked this post
Old August 2nd, 2013, 03:17 AM   #4979
Quirinalian

Quote:
Well known SNP councilors were canvassing for independence alongside Labour For Independence.
A lie. Well known SNP members, councillors and even a current MSP were campaigning for Labour for Independence.

Quote:
Surely if the SNP wanted to infiltrate the group they wouldn't use very well known elected local representatives?!!? ******* come on.
Unfortunately for the SNP, barely anyone has a clue who these people are. Household names in their own household perhaps.

mexico86 liked this post
Old August 3rd, 2013, 07:05 PM   #4980
Aylett 67

Likes (Received): 90

Probably the main reason Labour is mostly unionist is because their MPs will lose their first class train travel and other expenses at Westminster if Scotland gains its independence.
Also has anyone else noticed the Labour front bench is overwhelmingly English now, and dominated by middle class Southern English as well? Being English myself but pro Scottish independence, I have very little in common with Harriet Harman and Ed Balls, both being public school educated Southerners.

ForzaD, Ultima liked this post
Aylett 67 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
obsessednationalists

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: