daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Skyscrapers & local issues > Projects, Construction, Skyscrapers & Statistics > New South Wales

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 26th, 2013, 07:36 AM   #4621
Brizer

Likes (Received): 1308

Now for something a little less panoramic:

Victoria Park: Platinum

Progress pic today:

Meanwhile across Kirby Walk in Eon in Epsom Park:

The first turf laid for Biyanbing Park, the linear park continuation on the east side of Victoria Park Pde extension.

pix hosted x photobucket
pix x boz

Last edited by Brizer; July 26th, 2013 at 07:42 AM.
Brizer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 26th, 2013, 07:38 AM   #4622
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 2158

wow getting stuck into it
Old July 26th, 2013, 08:05 AM   #4623
CULWULLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizer View Post
Dates or not dates, those are fantastic shots!
Thanks!!!
i think there all june13
Old July 26th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #4624
Fabian
Sydney: World's best city

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA View Post
The one looking towards the city is my favourite. Victoria Square does feel like its forming its own downtown separate to central Sydney

Fab Sydney Flashbacks
Fabian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2013, 03:33 PM   #4625
Brizer

That pic is also a good 7-8 months old at least as there are cars parked on the site of Platinum and as you can see in the pic in post 4601 above, things have changed somewhat. Still it is a fascinating picture, especially for me as it gives a whole different perspective on what is otherwise very familiar territory.
Old July 27th, 2013, 08:05 AM   #4626
Brizer

GREEN SQUARE TOWN CENTRE

Seeing the ad for the sale of the site at 105-115 Portman Street/Waverley Council site, I wondered exactly what might potentially be built there that might entice a developer to see the possibilities and want to buy it.
This is what I came up with, & despite council's own built form plan, there are 2 provisos:
- I cannot guarantee the accuracy of my 'research';
- This presumes the council planners don't pull another swifty in its infinite lack of courage and ambition and demand 3 & 4 storey terraces & walk-ups instead.

105-115PORTMAN STREET: WAVERLEY COUNCIL ZONE

Site 9A Residential_ 14 50m
Site 9B Residential_ 10 38m
..........................._ 10 38m
Site 12A Residential_ 14 49m
............................._ 10 37m
............................._ 8 31m
Site 12B Residential _ 6 22m

Last edited by Brizer; July 27th, 2013 at 08:15 AM. Reason: the tricks I have to employ to get 'it' to format what I want!!!
Old July 27th, 2013, 10:28 AM   #4627
Viclocal

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizer View Post
That pic is also a good 7-8 months old at least as there are cars parked on the site of Platinum and as you can see in the pic in post 4601 above, things have changed somewhat. Still it is a fascinating picture, especially for me as it gives a whole different perspective on what is otherwise very familiar territory.
I love it too!
What is going on, on top of the roof below you?
I wish more of the buildings had green lids!
Viclocal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2013, 08:51 AM   #4628
Brizer

Green Square

Emerald Park
Eton

View of Eton from O'Dea Avenue.
Lowrise commercial buildings in foreground are not part of Emerald Park.

View from further east along O'Dea Avenue; 2 taller buildings in background.
The blue will go, the yellow will stay.

Excavation for the 1st building of Parc is now complete at the top end of Lamond Lane @ Merton Street while siteworks continue for the other 3 buildings of Parc.

pix hosted x photobucket
pix x boz
Old July 29th, 2013, 12:39 PM   #4629
Brizer

On my way to somewhere else this morning I checked out the town centre site from the platform on Portman Lane end of Merton Street. Desolate. The trees, shrubs and weeds are growing beautifully so if council doesn't move soon it will be declared a national forest.

Viclocal liked this post
Old July 31st, 2013, 10:05 AM   #4630
Brizer

Cranes:

Platinum, Victoria Park: Crane #2 going up today.

Taken around lunchtime.
Two cranes in the background are on the site of VSQ3.
Note small crane poking out from behind tower of VSQ1 on right.*

Late arvo.

* Victoria Park: VSQ4: Crane #1 going up today. (no pic.card full!)

Also: in the past day or so, the crane has gone up on the site of ORE: Lachlan Precinct 18 Amelia Street, Waterloo.

pix hosted x photobucket
pix x boz

Last edited by Brizer; July 31st, 2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old July 31st, 2013, 10:23 AM   #4631
CULWULLA

wow, still fair bit of construction going on
Old August 1st, 2013, 10:35 AM   #4632
Citydoggirl

Likes (Received): 11

An article in today's SMH touting Divercity's rooftop cinema and the area in general

http://smh.domain.com.au/by/Stephen-Nicholls
Citydoggirl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 11:53 AM   #4633
MR.BOND

Likes (Received): 5

Thank you CDG - Nice article - very interesting reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citydoggirl View Post
An article in today's SMH touting Divercity's rooftop cinema and the area in general

http://smh.domain.com.au/by/Stephen-Nicholls
MR.BOND no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2013, 11:56 AM   #4634
Brizer

Victoria Park

East Village Centre

Some detail images taken from Payce promo/website, in case they haven't been seen before:

Corner of Defries Avenue & Cooper Place.
Ground floor: shopping centre.
Floors 1 & 2 (white screen wall): Audi Service Centre & parking.
Floors 3 & up: apartments.

Entrance from Cooper Place with 'jewel box' restaurant (?).

A view of part of the garden on the roof of the podium.

pix hosted x photobucket

Last edited by Brizer; August 2nd, 2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old August 4th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #4635
Viclocal

Re EON and extension of Victoria Park Parade

I hear the road for the moment will just be a driveway down and around the back of EON.
The full road extension through to cross streets will not happen for some time.
I really hope the ribbon parks which continue like a thread through the suburb, have high quality styling and amenity and don't just become grass strips.
We need every bit of amenity we can get, spread throughout the suburb.
It is the high quality parks which really make living in Victoria Park so special.
I hope they also maintain the roadside strips too.
The strip from De Vries through to Victoria Park Parade along the fence where the eucalypts are, seems to be struggling at the moment, with weed infestation, rubbish, burnt grasses and other problems. Hope council cares enough to give it a bit of attention.
On another front, noticed a hoarding going up on part of the grassed area in front of Divercity.
What is that all about?
Old August 6th, 2013, 05:07 AM   #4636
Brizer

RE: Divercity hoarding: belated infrastructure update! Gotta love govt etc utilities that wait until all the parks, paving, roads, footpaths are nicely in place then they come along and dig it all up leaving it scarred and not in the condition they found it.

The DA for all developments has a landscape design component and it will be carried out more or less to design...eventually. On the bright side, Meriton has been very good with its landscaping in recent times, though maintenance - whose responsibility? - is not all that it might be, though this is true of all projects having noticed the weeds, dead & missing plants and rubbish around Apex buildings.

Green Square Town Centre & Epsom Park
In council documents for the last meeting for July I found this map which confirms street and park names, which I have posted before, but here it is all multi-consulted, official & done.

Sorry, I haven't mastered the magic art of enlarging pix yet. I did, however, finally remember to rotate the map!
Edit: rotating successfully helped the enlargement!!!
The map shows how key streets in Victoria Park have been extended through to either Zetland Avenue or Epsom Road.
'Peters Street' would be better as 'Peters Avenue' to match Zetland Avenue, Joynton, George Julius, Defries, etc., as a more significant street. It would also be easier to say without the occlusion of 'esses'.
And I still think 'Ebsworth Street' for the high street, is LAME!!!

pic hosted x photobucket.

Last edited by Brizer; August 6th, 2013 at 05:53 AM. Reason: a little map rotation
Old August 6th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #4637
Viclocal

I agree.
That Biyabing Park surely does not meet the size criteria for a park?
That is a median strip only, surely.
Old August 6th, 2013, 12:02 PM   #4638
Brizer

It is a 'linear park' and it is currently about a third of its planned width. What is there now, the turf, is there, I assume, merely to gussy up the access to the units along the ground floor and the entrance lobby (I think it's an entrance lobby), while the residents are moving in. Full landscaping will probably take place when Block D on the west side of Victoria Park Parade extension is completed which I'd guess at a couple/few of months yet.
A linear park the same size will run alongside the east side of Vic Park Pd front of Platinum eventually, about 2015, and provide a link between Biyanbing and Joynton parks. The Platinum park will be called 'Buming Park'.
Look on them as long pocket parks.
And they will be fully landscaped in the fullness of time.
Old August 10th, 2013, 02:27 AM   #4639
Brizer

smh

http://smh.domain.com.au/real-estate...808-2rhbn.html

Hit the roof for the latest garden trend

Date
August 10, 2013

Susan Wellings

Apartments can now offer outdoor space to rival any backyard - and the views are great, too.
see link above for pic.

Sensuous feast: Artist's impression of Jacara's rooftop gardens, which provive much more than sweeping views.

'It's good to touch the green, green grass of home,'' crooned singer Tom Jones, and the dye was cast for home buyers to choose a house and traditional backyard over an apartment.

But not any more. A clutch of developments coming to the market now have their own slices of green - up in the air. A rooftop garden is rapidly becoming the new black, or green, whichever way you look at it. As Jones himself might say: ''It's not unusual.''

Rooftop gardens can have advantages over ground-level greenery, too. For a start, there's a fair bet they'll have a bit of a view, they're much more private and usually very secure. ''People like the chance to get out onto some grass from their built environment,'' says Adam Hunter, director at Environmental Partnership, the landscaper for the development Putney Hill, with its latest release, the 70-apartment Cox Richardson-designed building Jacara, set to bristle with a headdress of greenery.

Yard stickler: Dean Barry chose East Village. Photo: Jacky Ghossein. see link above for pic

''You feel you're in a more balanced place as a result,'' he says. ''At Putney Hill we've protected a number of existing big fig and blackbutt trees, which were the starting point for the amazing parks all around, and now we'll have this rooftop garden that will replace all the aspects that are normal with a house, even with garden beds whose produce can be harvested and used.''

Set on the new master-planned community from Frasers Property, on the site of the former Ryde Royal Rehabilitation Hospital on the border of Ryde and Putney, its rooftop will have communal garden beds for vegetable plots, garden sheds for residents' tools, casual seating, an outdoor barbecue and entertainment facilities, and even a putting green.

Sales director David Butt says: ''As well as the greenery, what excites people is the possibility of building a sense of community revolving around the rooftop.'' With more than 20 apartments under that $650,000 mark to attract grants and stamp duty exemptions, that might prove an extra lure.

Other developers also see rooftop gardens as having the potential to turn a building into a veritable ''sex bomb'', as Jones might put it. At the 202-unit Union Balmain, the Anka Property Group has a series of parks and lawns on different roof levels, with a communal vegetable garden, barbecue areas and a sculptural stone garden. ''It's a huge rooftop park to be enjoyed by everyone,'' says Ben Stewart, of agency CBRE. ''It's a five-star green-rated building, very sustainable.''

And if real greenery looks a touch too troublesome, there are other options. The just-built 23-apartment building The Heritage in North Sydney, for instance, has a 600-square-metre rooftop terrace with planter boxes and artificial turf to keep maintenance costs to a minimum, as well as barbecue facilities and harbour views.

''It's great outdoor space for our customers and has the most spectacular views that everyone can enjoy,'' says Moore Development Group general manager Nick Rickard. ''There's no need for mowing lawns or maintenance, although the artificial grass looks very real.

''People can go up there and have a barbecue and, as it's not overshadowed by any other buildings, laze around in the sun.'' And as Jones himself might advise: ''Leave your hat on.''

Jacara, Putney Hill, has three one-bedders (57-135 sq m) from $405,000; 66 two-bedders, some with studies, (85-171 sq m) from $594,000; and one three-bedder-plus-study (147 sq m), $1.09 million. 1300 080 080; putneyhill.com.au.

Sprawling sky park takes apartment life to a rarefied level

The 6500-square-metre elevated garden at East Village in Victoria Park was one of the major attractions for first-home buyer Dean Barry.

''That sky park is something really different,'' says Barry, 22, a travelling locksmith, who's had a chance to look at a huge range of new developments as he drives around Sydney.

''In an apartment you don't have a backyard, but this gives it that backyard feeling. You have access to open space and a natural environment that's quite private … I've got a park right at my door.''

Barry checked out developer Payce thoroughly before he decided to buy the biggest one-bedroom apartment in the 206-apartment complex, with its own courtyard, for $509,000. Currently renting nearby, he also loves the location, finding it central to everywhere he travels.

The parkland, which sits 18 metres above street level, with a Virgin gym, cafes and shops underneath, was designed by landscape architect Angus Bruce of HASSELL to include barbecue facilities, open lawns, water features and a small orchard. It's billed as one of the largest green spaces at any apartment building in the southern hemisphere.

Eastvillage.com.au; 1800888688.
Old August 11th, 2013, 06:08 AM   #4640
Citydoggirl

Likes (Received): 11

Have people moved into Stella yet? Drove past today and it doesn't look like it. Ruby has changed the fencing a bit which might indicate some action soon!! Also, I see a crane up in the Divercity area too now.

Boy, Payce is building fast. That's a very positive article regarding rooftop gardens too!
Citydoggirl no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction, projects, sydney