daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد > Dubai Projects > Dubai Creek Development

Dubai Creek Development Mixed use projects along Dubai's creek including The Lagoons, Culture Village and Dubai Festival City

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 1st, 2012, 04:00 PM   #341
Number 49

Likes (Received): 7

Yuvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheela View Post
Many thanks to everyone who has been contributing to this forum. Special thanks to Imre for posting the pictures. This is my first post. I too have invested in Yuvi Residence and have not heard a word from Dheeraj East Coast except sometimes sending reminders about payments. Yesterday I visited the site and its sad to see how our all our money has ended. I am unable to get any information from Dheeraj if this project is stalled or cancelled. I would sincerely appreciate if anyone could post an update on this project. Many thanks.
Unfortunately, you have a bad developer in DEC (Dheeraj East Coast) who has to date been incapable of delivering most of their projects and a bad Master Developer (Dubai Properties) who seems incapable of delivering the necessary utilities. I suggest you contact the Dubai Land Department who are now responsible for RERA and ask them for an update on Yuvi and also report DEC for their negligence.
As was stated in the previous post, Culture Village is a prime location so it's only a question of time before it gets sorted out. The best thing would be for another developer to take over from DEC as they are quite clearly hopeless.
Number 49 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 1st, 2012, 07:03 PM   #342
Sheela

Likes (Received): 0

Thanks Number 49, I tried to checked the status on the Lands Dept website, they have no update. I will pay them a visit and revert back with the status.

I would like to invite other forum members who have bought properties with DEC to form a group and collectively take the matter with Dubai Lands Dept. Please update me if such a group exists. There is strength in Numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 49 View Post
Unfortunately, you have a bad developer in DEC (Dheeraj East Coast) who has to date been incapable of delivering most of their projects and a bad Master Developer (Dubai Properties) who seems incapable of delivering the necessary utilities. .
Sheela no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 08:56 AM   #343
sgn7200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheela View Post
Thanks Number 49, I tried to checked the status on the Lands Dept website, they have no update. I will pay them a visit and revert back with the status.

I would like to invite other forum members who have bought properties with DEC to form a group and collectively take the matter with Dubai Lands Dept. Please update me if such a group exists. There is strength in Numbers.
If you look at projects at Culture Village, you will find most of them are "on hold". It is Dubai Property Group which is not allowing DEC and others to re-commence construction work. You will find some of DEC projects at culture village e.g. Cascade Ville are off the ground and DEC are making desperate attempts to get permissions from authorities to get on with the job. Obviously, it is in their interest to finish the project because they have sunk considerable amount of money in the ground work. My view is if we need to put pressure we should do that on Dubai Property Group who are responsible for the infrastructur and have, so it seems, ignored their commitment to investors and others.
sgn7200 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #344
sgn7200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imre View Post
What a mess there , almost everything ON HOLD , infrastructure works also stopped..25/February/2012

Culture Village

Hello IMRE ! It is nearly six months since you told us of the prevailing MESS in Culture Village. Can you please give us an update. Is there anyone there who cares? We have heard Dubai Property Group have been through re-organisation process. Has anyone taken an initiative to take some corrective steps. Please give us your views if we are likely to see some construction activity re-commencing in the near future. We look forward to hearing from you and in fact from anyone who can give us some useful information. Thanking you in anticipation of your input.
Old August 20th, 2012, 07:16 AM   #345
Sheela

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgn7200 View Post
If you look at projects at Culture Village, you will find most of them are "on hold". It is Dubai Property Group which is not allowing DEC and others to re-commence construction work. You will find some of DEC projects at culture village e.g. Cascade Ville are off the ground and DEC are making desperate attempts to get permissions from authorities to get on with the job. Obviously, it is in their interest to finish the project because they have sunk considerable amount of money in the ground work. My view is if we need to put pressure we should do that on Dubai Property Group who are responsible for the infrastructur and have, so it seems, ignored their commitment to investors and others.
Hi

Have you invested in any of the Dheeraj East properties?
Sheela no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #346
MichalHajek

Likes (Received): 29

http://www.swissotel.com/hotels/dubai/

i have read an article about new Swissotel plans to build hotel in partnership with aabar properties on arabianbusiness, location Jadaf, the render reminds me of CV buildings, does anyone know, if the planned hotel will be part of the CV?

if yes, it would be nice addition and revival to this desperate place...

MichalHajek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #347
Number 49

Swissotel

From www.travelpulse.com

Swissôtel Unveils Plans to Open Property in Dubai in 2016
By David Cogswell
September 13, 2012 10:09 PM

Swissôtel Hotels and Resorts is planning to open the Swissôtel Jadaf Dubai in the United Arab Emirates in 2016. It will be the brand’s second hotel in the Middle East, and will be located a short drive from Dubai’s airport in the Al Jadaf area. It is planned as an anchor deluxe hotel within a mixed-use development with three hotels, residences, serviced apartments and retail and entertainment facilities.

The Jadaf district is just next to the Officers Club, close to the Latifa Hospital and what will become the largest children’s hospital in the Middle East, currently under construction as an extension to the Health Care City. Al Jadaf is near Dubai landmarks such as the Dubai Mall, Dubai International Financial District, World Trade Centre, Dubai Festival City and Health Care City. The Swissôtel sister property Raffles Dubai and the Health Care City district are located across the Sheikh Zayed Road. The hotel will have more than 280 rooms and suites, an all-day dining restaurant, three specialty restaurants with outdoor areas and a Pürovel Spa, plus meeting, conference and ballroom facilities.
Old September 15th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #348
MichalHajek

Likes (Received): 29

so no mention of exact location, but according to the design i believe, it will be Culture Village indeed
MichalHajek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #349
anacreon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichalHajek View Post
so no mention of exact location, but according to the design i believe, it will be Culture Village indeed
No, I don't think it will necessarily be there. There is a lot of vacant land (outside of Culture Village and closer to Healthcare City) in the Jadaf area, especially now that much of the shipyard industry has been relocated, and there is plenty of opportunity to find a suitable site closer to the Al Garhoud Bridge road.
anacreon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 10:58 AM   #350
Face81

Likes (Received): 252

Hot Dubai property up for grabs in Business Bay, Culture Village

By Parag DeulgaonkarPublished Monday, October 22, 2012
For the first time in a public auction, two freehold plots of land in Dubai — one each in Business Bay and Culture Village — are going under the hammer, with a reserve price of Dh53.44 million and Dh32.10 million, respectively.

After a break of almost five months, the Dubai Land Department has announced its new auction list of these two plots of land and seven apartments in November.

The size of the plot in Culture Village is 11,037 square metres, which can be for mixed use or a residential ground-plus 29-floor tower.

The plot will be auctioned on November 12.

On November 14, the 4,970 square metre commercial plot in Business Bay with a ground plus 19-storey approval goes under the hammer.

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emir...10-22-1.479800
The late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum [1912 - 1990]
Face81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 04:43 PM   #351
Number 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face81 View Post
By Parag DeulgaonkarPublished Monday, October 22, 2012
For the first time in a public auction, two freehold plots of land in Dubai — one each in Business Bay and Culture Village — are going under the hammer, with a reserve price of Dh53.44 million and Dh32.10 million, respectively.

After a break of almost five months, the Dubai Land Department has announced its new auction list of these two plots of land and seven apartments in November.

The size of the plot in Culture Village is 11,037 square metres, which can be for mixed use or a residential ground-plus 29-floor tower.

The plot will be auctioned on November 12.

On November 14, the 4,970 square metre commercial plot in Business Bay with a ground plus 19-storey approval goes under the hammer.

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emir...10-22-1.479800
Surely, any potential buyer will want to get the infrastructure issues in Culture Village clarified before they bid on this plot so hopefully, this auction will generate some relevant information.
Old November 18th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #352
The-King

Likes (Received): 84

Construction Update

09/10/12
some buildings are going up, but site mostly dead!
image hosted on flickr

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7179478...n/photostream/
High-Res: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7179478...n/photostream/
The-King no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #353
unknownpleasures
BANNED

Likes (Received): 203

Quote:
.....I suggest you contact the Dubai Land Department who are now responsible for RERA
Any suggestions on how to contact the lands department as there is no way people can always travel and be there in person as I am aware that many just cannot do that. They have an email address but why is it they do not respond? Do you have any direct contact at all? The reason why I am also asking is that some time ago in the old days when RERA was on their lonesome some projects showed, now if you punch in the name these projects no longer appear - would you have any idea why this would be the case?
unknownpleasures no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #354
Number 49

Culture Village

Looking at the Dubai Land website (go to e- services and the project status reports) it seems that there are only four developments progressing in Culture Village.
These are the Palazzo Versace, the D1 Tower, the Nastaran Tower and the Niloofar. All the rest are either ON HOLD or cancelled.
We all know that in Culture Village there is an "issue" with the implementation of infrastructure by DPG, but as Enshaa are obviously confident enough to go ahead with the Palazzo Versace and the D1, it is odd that the majority of the other developers have apparently given up.
Dheeraj & East Coast are responsible for five of the developments but as they don't seem to be capable of building anything, it's not surprising they have all failed. If you look at the "Construction Update" of their various projects on their website, all they show is the payment plan!
However, Culture Village is a great location, so you would think that other developers would have taken over these failed projects.
Anyone got any information what's happening here?
Old April 8th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #355
cguria
do-buy

Likes (Received): 339

Quote:
Looking at the Dubai Land website (go to e- services and the project status reports) it seems that there are only four developments progressing in Culture Village.
These are the Palazzo Versace, the D1 Tower, the Nastaran Tower and the Niloofar. All the rest are either ON HOLD or cancelled.
We all know that in Culture Village there is an "issue" with the implementation of infrastructure by DPG, but as Enshaa are obviously confident enough to go ahead with the Palazzo Versace and the D1, it is odd that the majority of the other developers have apparently given up.
Dheeraj & East Coast are responsible for five of the developments but as they don't seem to be capable of building anything, it's not surprising they have all failed. If you look at the "Construction Update" of their various projects on their website, all they show is the payment plan!
However, Culture Village is a great location, so you would think that other developers would have taken over these failed projects.
I guess the main reason why other developers have failed is because of the lack of (any) infrastructure from DPG. The developers are the only ones who can pressurize DPG and not individual investors. After the market and prices crashed, there was no reason to push them go ahead with construction due to the number of defaults and remaining developer stock. PV and D1 are the biggest projects of CV, so Enshaa has stepped in understanding that if these are completed, DPG would have no choice but to lay the roads and utilities, encouraging the development of the entire community. Of course this may take another 3-5 years maybe even faster nobody can guarantee. With the market gaining momentum, this can not remain a sand lot forever!
cguria no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 07:41 PM   #356
unknownpleasures
BANNED

Likes (Received): 203

Quote:

Interesting that you can't find projects on the status report on their website, I've found the same thing when it comes to projects in DSC...as for culture village it may be a great location as people purport this to be the case (some say it's not) but can I say the same thing was said about Dubai Sports City, it was touted in the same way even a lot earlier from what I can gather...the problem is they haven't gotten too far and there are many projects that are mainly plots or just some holes dug.

What caught my attention about this place as I recall some agent sending a friend information relating to the La Mer project in January 2008 (and well before GFC took effect)...doesn't appear it went off with a a bang from seeing the thread...

I take a lot of interest when it comes down to situations like this as I know many would have invested into projects like these......it was a UK agent who sent them the information about La Mer...I've actually got a copy of it where it mentions it is close to the Versace Resort..>>>

"From: (UK)
To:
Cc:
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 7:51 PM
Subject: Fw: Pre-Launch - Culture Village - La Mer

Subject: Pre-Launch - Culture Village - La Mer

Please find attached our latest Pre-Launch investment opportunity in Culture Village Dubai within close proximity to the Versace Resort.

For all enquiries contact sales today on ................. "

I take it from what you are saying as I had the same feeling if a place isn't listed on their website in the status section does it mean it has been cancelled and if so what the heck does that mean as RERA ain't talkin?
unknownpleasures no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2013, 08:27 PM   #357
Number 49

Projects in Culture Village

Status of Projects taken from the RERA website.
The status of the Palazzo Versace and the D1 Tower have been excluded, as their progress is well documented elsewhere.

Project: BANAFSHEH
Developer: MRG LTD
Latest RERA Inspection date: 14/10/2012
Progress Status: Main Contract – On Hold

Project: NILOOFAR
Developer: RMG LTD
Latest RERA Inspection date: 27/05/2013
Progress Status: Main Contract – Progressing

Project: NASTARAN TOWER
Developer: RAAM LTD
Latest RERA Inspection date: 22/05/2013

Project: SANTEVIEW
Developer: SUNGWON (FZE)
Latest RERA Inspection date: 01/11/2008
Progress Status: Enabling Works – On Hold

Project: YUVI RESIDENCES
Developer: DHEERAJ & EAST COAST
Latest RERA Inspection date: 22/03/2010
Progress Status: Enabling Works – Progressing

Project: THE ESTATE
Latest RERA Inspection date: 01/04/2009
Progress Status: Pre- Construction – Progressing

Project: CASCADE VILLE
Latest RERA Inspection date: 15/07/2013

Unable to find any information about:
NUR Tower – Developer: SUNLAND NUR
Yaas Tower - Developer: ARRA Ltd
Moon Tower – Developer: ARABIA GROUP DEV
The Pearl – Developer: AL SHAFAR DEV
Beit Ul Funon – Developer: BUX HOLDINGS
Lamer – Developer: TRINITY DEVELOPMENTS
Cascade Manor – Developer: DHEERAJ & EAST COAST
Modo Culture – Developer: DHEERAJ & EAST COAST
Rose Tower – Developer: HER Ltd
Modo Culture – Developer: DHEERAJ & EAST COAST
Rose Tower – Developer: HER Ltd
Shaghayegh – Developer: GRM Ltd
Iris Amber – Developer: SHETH ESTATE
Old August 23rd, 2013, 11:43 PM   #358
Alabri

Likes (Received): 2

Thank you Number 49. But you don't speak about : CULTURE VILLAGE SOUQ Developer: Dubaï Properties. Why it is not mentioned by Rera ?
Alabri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2013, 09:41 AM   #359
Number 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabri View Post
Thank you Number 49. But you don't speak about : CULTURE VILLAGE SOUQ Developer: Dubaï Properties. Why it is not mentioned by Rera ?
I couldn't find anything on the RERA website for either "Culture Village Souq or Al Turath Souq".
However, I don't have the plot number to search from and if I had that maybe I could get some info.
I also couldn't find any up to date info on Google

The Souq also isn't mentioned on the Dubai Properties Group website.
This is what they say about Culure Village:

"Already home to exclusive hotel developments including the Palazzo Versace, the Iris Asmar and the D1 Tower, Culture Village is poised to become one of the most unique destinations in Dubai."

Perhaps you should contact DPG directly?
Old August 25th, 2013, 02:41 PM   #360
sgn7200

Hello Number 49! Thanks for the time and effort you have spent in researching the projects in Culture Village. On Cascade Ville, you are saying: Latest RERA Inspection date: 15/07/2013; Progress Status: Main Contract – Progressing. Does it mean, there is still life in the project. As far as I know, no work has been done for some years now and I don't understand the report "Main Contract - Progressing". I appreciate you are as much in the dark as anyone else but can you take a chance and express an opinion as to what is likely to happen in the sooner (how soon - guess a date) or later (Hazard a guess) times to come. Thanks for your service to the community.

Tags
dubai, dubai creek