search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Dubai Projects > Dubai Creek Development

Dubai Creek Development Mixed use projects along Dubai's creek including The Lagoons, Culture Village and Dubai Festival City

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 18th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #361
The-King

Likes (Received): 634

Construction Update

09/10/12
some buildings are going up, but site mostly dead!
image hosted on flickr

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7179478...n/photostream/
High-Res: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7179478...n/photostream/
The-King no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 6th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #362
unknownpleasures
BANNED

Likes (Received): 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 49 View Post
.....I suggest you contact the Dubai Land Department who are now responsible for RERA
Any suggestions on how to contact the lands department as there is no way people can always travel and be there in person as I am aware that many just cannot do that. They have an email address but why is it they do not respond? Do you have any direct contact at all? The reason why I am also asking is that some time ago in the old days when RERA was on their lonesome some projects showed, now if you punch in the name these projects no longer appear - would you have any idea why this would be the case?
unknownpleasures no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #363
Number 49

Likes (Received): 7

Culture Village

Looking at the Dubai Land website (go to e- services and the project status reports) it seems that there are only four developments progressing in Culture Village.
These are the Palazzo Versace, the D1 Tower, the Nastaran Tower and the Niloofar. All the rest are either ON HOLD or cancelled.
We all know that in Culture Village there is an "issue" with the implementation of infrastructure by DPG, but as Enshaa are obviously confident enough to go ahead with the Palazzo Versace and the D1, it is odd that the majority of the other developers have apparently given up.
Dheeraj & East Coast are responsible for five of the developments but as they don't seem to be capable of building anything, it's not surprising they have all failed. If you look at the "Construction Update" of their various projects on their website, all they show is the payment plan!
However, Culture Village is a great location, so you would think that other developers would have taken over these failed projects.
Anyone got any information what's happening here?
Number 49 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #364
cguria
do-buy

Likes (Received): 430

Quote:
Looking at the Dubai Land website (go to e- services and the project status reports) it seems that there are only four developments progressing in Culture Village.
These are the Palazzo Versace, the D1 Tower, the Nastaran Tower and the Niloofar. All the rest are either ON HOLD or cancelled.
We all know that in Culture Village there is an "issue" with the implementation of infrastructure by DPG, but as Enshaa are obviously confident enough to go ahead with the Palazzo Versace and the D1, it is odd that the majority of the other developers have apparently given up.
Dheeraj & East Coast are responsible for five of the developments but as they don't seem to be capable of building anything, it's not surprising they have all failed. If you look at the "Construction Update" of their various projects on their website, all they show is the payment plan!
However, Culture Village is a great location, so you would think that other developers would have taken over these failed projects.
I guess the main reason why other developers have failed is because of the lack of (any) infrastructure from DPG. The developers are the only ones who can pressurize DPG and not individual investors. After the market and prices crashed, there was no reason to push them go ahead with construction due to the number of defaults and remaining developer stock. PV and D1 are the biggest projects of CV, so Enshaa has stepped in understanding that if these are completed, DPG would have no choice but to lay the roads and utilities, encouraging the development of the entire community. Of course this may take another 3-5 years maybe even faster nobody can guarantee. With the market gaining momentum, this can not remain a sand lot forever!
cguria no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #365
unknownpleasures
BANNED

Likes (Received): 202

Quote:

Interesting that you can't find projects on the status report on their website, I've found the same thing when it comes to projects in DSC...as for culture village it may be a great location as people purport this to be the case (some say it's not) but can I say the same thing was said about Dubai Sports City, it was touted in the same way even a lot earlier from what I can gather...the problem is they haven't gotten too far and there are many projects that are mainly plots or just some holes dug.

What caught my attention about this place as I recall some agent sending a friend information relating to the La Mer project in January 2008 (and well before GFC took effect)...doesn't appear it went off with a a bang from seeing the thread...

I take a lot of interest when it comes down to situations like this as I know many would have invested into projects like these......it was a UK agent who sent them the information about La Mer...I've actually got a copy of it where it mentions it is close to the Versace Resort..>>>

"From: (UK)
To:
Cc:
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 7:51 PM
Subject: Fw: Pre-Launch - Culture Village - La Mer

Subject: Pre-Launch - Culture Village - La Mer

Please find attached our latest Pre-Launch investment opportunity in Culture Village Dubai within close proximity to the Versace Resort.

For all enquiries contact sales today on ................. "

I take it from what you are saying as I had the same feeling if a place isn't listed on their website in the status section does it mean it has been cancelled and if so what the heck does that mean as RERA ain't talkin?
unknownpleasures no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2013, 07:27 PM   #366
Number 49

Projects in Culture Village

Status of Projects taken from the RERA website.
The status of the Palazzo Versace and the D1 Tower have been excluded, as their progress is well documented elsewhere.

Project: BANAFSHEH
Developer: MRG LTD
Latest RERA Inspection date: 14/10/2012
Progress Status: Main Contract – On Hold

Project: NILOOFAR
Developer: RMG LTD
Latest RERA Inspection date: 27/05/2013
Progress Status: Main Contract – Progressing

Project: NASTARAN TOWER
Developer: RAAM LTD
Latest RERA Inspection date: 22/05/2013

Project: SANTEVIEW
Developer: SUNGWON (FZE)
Latest RERA Inspection date: 01/11/2008
Progress Status: Enabling Works – On Hold

Project: YUVI RESIDENCES
Developer: DHEERAJ & EAST COAST
Latest RERA Inspection date: 22/03/2010
Progress Status: Enabling Works – Progressing

Project: THE ESTATE
Latest RERA Inspection date: 01/04/2009
Progress Status: Pre- Construction – Progressing

Project: CASCADE VILLE
Latest RERA Inspection date: 15/07/2013

Unable to find any information about:
NUR Tower – Developer: SUNLAND NUR
Yaas Tower - Developer: ARRA Ltd
Moon Tower – Developer: ARABIA GROUP DEV
The Pearl – Developer: AL SHAFAR DEV
Beit Ul Funon – Developer: BUX HOLDINGS
Lamer – Developer: TRINITY DEVELOPMENTS
Cascade Manor – Developer: DHEERAJ & EAST COAST
Modo Culture – Developer: DHEERAJ & EAST COAST
Rose Tower – Developer: HER Ltd
Modo Culture – Developer: DHEERAJ & EAST COAST
Rose Tower – Developer: HER Ltd
Shaghayegh – Developer: GRM Ltd
Iris Amber – Developer: SHETH ESTATE
Old August 23rd, 2013, 10:43 PM   #367
Alabri

Likes (Received): 2

Thank you Number 49. But you don't speak about : CULTURE VILLAGE SOUQ Developer: Dubaο Properties. Why it is not mentioned by Rera ?
Alabri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2013, 08:41 AM   #368
Number 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabri View Post
Thank you Number 49. But you don't speak about : CULTURE VILLAGE SOUQ Developer: Dubaο Properties. Why it is not mentioned by Rera ?
I couldn't find anything on the RERA website for either "Culture Village Souq or Al Turath Souq".
However, I don't have the plot number to search from and if I had that maybe I could get some info.
I also couldn't find any up to date info on Google

The Souq also isn't mentioned on the Dubai Properties Group website.
This is what they say about Culure Village:

"Already home to exclusive hotel developments including the Palazzo Versace, the Iris Asmar and the D1 Tower, Culture Village is poised to become one of the most unique destinations in Dubai."

Perhaps you should contact DPG directly?
Old August 25th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #369
sgn7200

Hello Number 49! Thanks for the time and effort you have spent in researching the projects in Culture Village. On Cascade Ville, you are saying: Latest RERA Inspection date: 15/07/2013; Progress Status: Main Contract – Progressing. Does it mean, there is still life in the project. As far as I know, no work has been done for some years now and I don't understand the report "Main Contract - Progressing". I appreciate you are as much in the dark as anyone else but can you take a chance and express an opinion as to what is likely to happen in the sooner (how soon - guess a date) or later (Hazard a guess) times to come. Thanks for your service to the community.
sgn7200 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #370
Number 49

Unfortunately, I can't post a screen shot of the RERA report onto this forum.
But you can see it if you:
1) Go to the RERA website
2) Click on eServices
3) Select Project Status Tracking Service
4) Search by (drop down option) : Project Name
5) Type in:Cascade Ville

I agree that given the pictures (on the report) and the fact that DEC hasn't made any progress with their other developments, this report on Cascade Ville doesn't seem to make sense. Maybe it's a RERA admin error?
Old August 31st, 2013, 09:37 PM   #371
Alabri

Quote:
I couldn't find anything on the RERA website for either "Culture Village Souq or Al Turath Souq".
However, I don't have the plot number to search from and if I had that maybe I could get some info.
I also couldn't find any up to date info on Google

The Souq also isn't mentioned on the Dubai Properties Group website.
This is what they say about Culure Village:

"Already home to exclusive hotel developments including the Palazzo Versace, the Iris Asmar and the D1 Tower, Culture Village is poised to become one of the most unique destinations in Dubai."

Perhaps you should contact DPG directly?
Thank you for your answer. The souk exist, it is real as it can be seen on this pic. : http://i41.************/2njlk4h.jpg . Three parking floors are already been completed ?
Old September 23rd, 2013, 09:16 AM   #372
Barracuda

Anyone an idea, what the market value of Apartments in Culture Village would be right now? Not D1 or Versace, I mean all other buildings. Some are close to completion and I'm considering investing in that area...
Barracuda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #373
zic320

Likes (Received): 11

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/dubai...l#.UlPVZhbLcls
zic320 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2013, 11:54 PM   #374
Alabri

Good news finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by zic320 View Post
Old October 9th, 2013, 07:07 AM   #375
zic320

Likes (Received): 11

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emir...10-09-1.523983
zic320 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2013, 08:16 AM   #376
ostendadler
Beat the Heat

Likes (Received): 195

This project is inspired by the beautiful Madinat ! A sensible idea in a beautiful location which will marry itself nicely with the palace
Old October 20th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #377
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Likes (Received): 17868

DPG launches twin towers project at Business Bay

Oct 20, 2013

Dubai Properties Group is planning to build a new pair of towers within the Business Bay district containing hotels and apartments.

The towers, which will each be 365m high, will contain a fiv-star hotel and 377 serviced apartments in one building, and 471 apartments, lofts and penthouses in the other.

The towers were among a series of recent launches at Cityscape Global, where the firm announced that it was restarting work at the Culture Village master development at Dubai Creek, which will contain a souk and a promenade walkway area, as well as a new hotel and creekside residences known as Manazel Al Khor.

The firm is also adding a new 160-room beachfront hotel at The Walk at JBR and is soon to issue a tender for a new phase at its Mudon district at Dubailand containing 450 villas.

http://www.constructionweekonline.co.../#.UmOgqvmmhaM
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2013, 10:04 AM   #378
Logik120

Likes (Received): 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel900 View Post
DPG launches twin towers project at Business Bay

Oct 20, 2013

Dubai Properties Group is planning to build a new pair of towers within the Business Bay district containing hotels and apartments.

The towers, which will each be 365m high, will contain a fiv-star hotel and 377 serviced apartments in one building, and 471 apartments, lofts and penthouses in the other.

The towers were among a series of recent launches at Cityscape Global, where the firm announced that it was restarting work at the Culture Village master development at Dubai Creek, which will contain a souk and a promenade walkway area, as well as a new hotel and creekside residences known as Manazel Al Khor.

The firm is also adding a new 160-room beachfront hotel at The Walk at JBR and is soon to issue a tender for a new phase at its Mudon district at Dubailand containing 450 villas.

http://www.constructionweekonline.co.../#.UmOgqvmmhaM
Cityscape Oct'13 model:
[IMG]http://i42.************/14uynif.jpg[/IMG]

Site visit July 2013:
[IMG]http://i44.************/2lxxt1j.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i43.************/2ur5mah.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i40.************/2hd1i02.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i40.************/2aiem4i.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i41.************/14cuqzs.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i40.************/21eby9f.jpg[/IMG]

firoz bharmal liked this post
Logik120 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #379
cguria
do-buy

Likes (Received): 430

Current view from behind PV and from Business Bay Crossing

firoz bharmal liked this post
cguria no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2014, 08:24 AM   #380
THE DUBAI GUYS
Ruff 'n' Ready

Likes (Received): 326

i saw three more buildings, including the swissotel, that were under c near latifa hospital the other day. all of them were in the style of the culture village...which makes me wonder if the project actually stretches from the creek to the marriout executive apartments.

R

Face81 liked this post
THE DUBAI GUYS no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
dubai, dubai creek