daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > West Africa > Nigeria > Urbanism related discussions > Regional Developments > South East

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 27th, 2013, 10:41 PM   #41
HerachioBlo
MajeOfficial.com

Likes (Received): 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoblessBeggar View Post
And what gave you the idea that Nigerians do not excel at home?

Bro, you obviously have a distorted view of Nigeria, so perhaps you should actually try living here for a while. In the meantime, posting out of context pictures (yet again) does little or nothing to advance your positions. The same Addis Ababa has LESS paved sidewalks and streetlights than Lagos (not quite sure where you came up with the notion of a sidewalk-less Lagos). Nevertheless, your picture post would be akin to someone selectively posting a picture of the Abuja Stadium or the Airport Expressway as evidence of the state of Nigerian public infrastructure.
Lagos shouldn't have a worst airport than Addis. Period. I don't care if Lagos has move paved roads. It should have more paved roads/sidewalks and a better airport. Stop making excuses. Can you compare MMA to Ibrahim Babangida's home?

nothing in Nigeria has this level of quality and you know as well as I that i can go on and on with political opulence. But this same person will call this an airport.

both built with public funds

Sponsored Links

Old March 28th, 2013, 01:24 AM   #42
Daverytimes

Likes (Received): 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerachioBlo View Post
Lagos shouldn't have a worst airport than Addis. Period. I don't care if Lagos has move paved roads. It should have more paved roads/sidewalks and a better airport. Stop making excuses. Can you compare MMA to Ibrahim Babangida's home?

nothing in Nigeria has this level of quality and you know as well as I that i can go on and on with political opulence. But this same person will call this an airport.

Jesus! that is Babangidas home? my god . imagine if they (the government) were actually serious about making our Airports nice, if i was President i will start building a state of the art Airport right away. The first impression anyone has of Nigeria starts from the Airport, when that impression starts with MMA then that person will definitely go home with a sour taste left in their mouth.

Last edited by Daverytimes; March 28th, 2013 at 01:30 AM.
Daverytimes está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 01:37 AM   #43
Tbite
Expert

That is not Babangida's home
Old March 28th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #44
Tegh7

Likes (Received): 167

Quote:

I don't quite know how best one can get through to you. Consequently, I'II leave you to your inanity.

Last edited by Tegh7; March 28th, 2013 at 08:17 PM.
Tegh7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #45
Arinze

Likes (Received): 1446

Lol you have graced by the Heratioblo/Ajepako experience

To be honest the airport that disappoints me the most is the one in Abuja. Upon all the money that reach that place the end result is very very very basic or maybe I've only been privy to a few lackluster photos.
Arinze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2013, 11:24 PM   #46
JoblessBeggar

Likes (Received): 85

Quote:
First, that's not Mr. Babangida's house.

Nevertheless, returning to the substance of the matter under discourse, you posted yet another out-of-context picture of one new terminal in Addis (which btw is hardly better than the MMIA that was built about 40 years ago) in a misguided attempt to show how other countries are supposedly more ambitious than Nigeria (never mind that Nigeria is presently modernizing 22 terminals simultaneously, rather than one relatively small terminal), but yet you proclaim not to "care if Lagos has more paved roads!" SMDH

PS: Btw, would it surprise you if you found out that there are more strip malls in the US (the same US that you want Nigeria to be like) than fanciful ones.
JoblessBeggar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #47
Tegh7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinze View Post
Lol you have graced by the Heratioblo/Ajepako experience
Indeed!

Quote:
To be honest the airport that disappoints me the most is the one in Abuja. Upon all the money that reach that place the end result is very very very basic or maybe I've only been privy to a few lackluster photos.
The terminal is nice, just not large enough. Plans are afoot toward addressing the situation. I think the Abuja airport was "earmarked" as one to get a BRAND NEW terminal; alongside MMA, Port harcourt and Kano.

Last edited by Tegh7; March 30th, 2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old March 30th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #48
Rossike

Likes (Received): 41

That picture of Enugu airport juxtaposed with what the poster claims is IBB's house, is outdated.

15 airports including Enugu, are being remodelled, and contracts are out to build 6 brand new terminal buildings at key airports in the country.
Rossike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #49
Tegh7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossike View Post
That picture of Enugu airport juxtaposed with what the poster claims is IBB's house, is outdated.
15 airports including Enugu, are being remodelled, and contracts are out to build 6 brand new terminal buildings at key airports in the country.
True!
Old March 31st, 2013, 08:08 PM   #50
JoblessBeggar

Likes (Received): 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossike View Post

Exactly.
JoblessBeggar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2013, 07:19 PM   #51
Madubaymi

Likes (Received): 5

Proposed Aba Mega Mall by the Abia State government/private partnership

Quote:
Abia partners Greenfield Assets on world-class mega mall
August 26, 2013 | Filed under: Company News | Posted by: Editor
Leading real estate investment and infrastructure company, Greenfield Assets Limited, in consortium with its development partners from Canada, US and UK, was recently granted the development lease agreement right to build the Aba Mega Mall by the Abia State government.

The Aba Mega Mall is a spirited effort by the Abia State government under Governor Theodore Orji to utilise the entrepreneurial spirit of the average Aba resident to its advantage by encouraging development of modern shopping centres as decent alternatives to what obtains at the present.

To be erected on 23 hectares of land, in 12 months, the Aba Mega Mall would consist of 5,830 ultramodern shops which will come in four sizes of 12 sq. metres, 16 sq. metres, 24 sq. metres and 48 sq. metres.

The facility will also have provisions for banks, security post, petrol station, 25,000 sq. metres of climate-controlled warehouse space, restaurants and a massive parking space for over 5,000 cars.

The Abia State governor, Theodore Orji, said that when completed, the mall would be capable of “generating employment opportunities, as the new businesses and the mall facility management will require considerable manpower in excess of 20,000 direct jobs and over 100,000 indirect jobs”.

According to him, “The conception and realisation of the need to build a modern mega shopping mall in the city is a part of my administration’s drive to transform the landscape of Abia through our Urban Regeneration Policy, thereby providing a decent life for the people of the state.”

The governor, while extolling Greenfield as a company that seeks to empower the lives of the people, said, “If you want to see Aba, you have to bend down to discover it. Greenfield came, bent down and discovered Aba, unlike others in the past who have come standing.”

Speaking at the signing ceremony, CEO Greenfield Assets, Paul Obanua, said to develop the mega mall, the company would be working with its development partners, one of which is JK Structures UK Ltd to introduce cutting edge concrete building technology.

“Tried and tested in various parts of the world, the technology, for example, was used in developing the Euro Disney, Paris, the largest amusement park in Europe,” said Obanua.

“This system entails the use of three dimensional galvanised steel meshes reinforced with galvanised wire beam and alleviated concrete. The JK Structures system can deliver top quality mass housing and other civil works in a fraction of the time it takes using conventional building methods,” he further said.

Source; BusinessDay

Last edited by Madubaymi; August 26th, 2013 at 10:26 PM.
Madubaymi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2013, 03:03 AM   #52
Madubaymi

RENDERING FILM FOOTAGE OF THE PROPOSED ABA MEGA MALL PROJECT

Last edited by Madubaymi; September 9th, 2013 at 03:14 AM.
Old September 9th, 2013, 06:08 AM   #53
ekezeaso
BANNED

Likes (Received): 65

As much as I hope and pray that this project comes to reality I just don't trust the Governor of Abia State. The man is just so backward thinking, clueless and corrupt that I will be highly surprise if this project sees the light of the day. Gosh how I hope that this project was going on in Enugu, Akwa Ibom, Lagos, Rivers, or even Imo State. Orji is just too corrupt and incompetent to pull it off, But I pray and hope that I am wrong. Guys is this project a private sector funded project or a government project?
ekezeaso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2013, 10:19 AM   #54
Madubaymi

I hear you bro, but this is a private initiative. I pray it will manifest.