daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Mixed-Developments

Mixed-Developments completed, refurbished and ongoing mixed-developments projects

Old November 22nd, 2006, 07:27 AM   #41
pedang
One Malaysia

Likes (Received): 6

TM to wire i-City

By Surin Murugiah
Email us your feedback at fd@bizedge.com

Telekom Malaysia Bhd (TM) is set to deploy the Metro-E connection to provide high speed broadband Internet services for I-Berhad’s world-class urban township, i-City, the region’s first purpose-built digital city.

Under a strategic partnership signed in Kuala Lumpur on Nov 21, TM will also provide customised services, technology support and training to accelerate the deployment of communications infrastructure and solutions at the RM1.5 billion commercial development.

TM Malaysia Business chief executive officer Zamzamzairani Mohd Isa told reporters that TM had already wired some 87 high-rise buildings in the Klang Valley with the Metro-E connection.

“Tests have been run at these buildings since September this year. Over the next three to five years, more will be deployed in Penang, Johor Bahru and Ipoh.”

He said the Metro-E deployment costs for the entire Klang Valley could run into a few hundred million ringgit and billions nationwide.

-Bhd chief executive officer Eu Hong Chew said TM was its latest major partner in rolling out the development’s digital deployment, having previously signed up Intel.

Meanwhile, Energy, Water and Communications Minister Datuk Seri Dr Lim Keng Yaik who witnessed the signing ceremony urged property developers to not only build new digital cities but also smarten existing ones.

“We do not need new projects. Let’s concentrate on (wiring up) the Klang Valley, followed by other major towns and eventually the rural areas,” he said.

On a separate matter, Dr Lim said mobile prepaid user registration was 60% complete, and that there would be no extension after the end of the year.

“There will be a two-week grace period from Dec 15 during which users who have not registered can receive calls. After that period their lines will be terminated,” he said.

Sponsored Links

Old November 25th, 2006, 08:11 AM   #42
Skyprince
Asian boi

Eeeh.. biar betol... kat Seksyen 7 tu.. dekat sangat dari rumah aku ni...boleh belanje korang semue yek minum air sirap ke kat situ nanti..

Last edited by Skyprince; November 25th, 2006 at 08:19 AM.
Skyprince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2006, 12:42 PM   #43
nazrey

Likes (Received): 1429

Phase 1 Development
November 2006

nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2006, 02:02 PM   #44
logorithm

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedang View Post
Damn! The designer of this damn logo won a 42" plasma TV worth RM16,111!

---> http://www.i-digital.com.my/deals.asp?page=logodesign

I participated too, but apparently was not good enough.

Old December 26th, 2006, 03:34 PM   #45
ZaHiRnYa???
you are you and i am me..

Likes (Received): 45

think yours is better
Old December 26th, 2006, 03:42 PM   #46
ZaHiRnYa???
you are you and i am me..

Likes (Received): 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
Phase 1 Development
November 2006

why it look small arrr???
Old December 27th, 2006, 02:28 PM   #47
logorithm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaHiRnYa??? View Post
think yours is better
Thank you Zahirnya.

I did lotsa other logos for fun and competitions here ---> http://geocities.com/johnsonwkng/index.html
Old December 27th, 2006, 05:52 PM   #48
redstone
The Uninspired Architect

Likes (Received): 22

What was on the site?
redstone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2006, 03:55 AM   #49
logorithm

Quote:
Originally Posted by redstone View Post
What was on the site?
All my logos are there, including the one for I-City. Would appreciate your visit.
Old December 28th, 2006, 11:13 AM   #50
redstone
The Uninspired Architect

Likes (Received): 22

I meant the site of the city, what was there last time?
redstone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2006, 11:40 AM   #51
logorithm

Quote:
Originally Posted by redstone View Post
I meant the site of the city, what was there last time?
Ahahah! Sorry to have misunderstood you, redstone.
Old February 26th, 2007, 06:10 AM   #52
pedang
One Malaysia

I-Bhd’s Lim emerges stronger after each ‘storm’

By S.C. Cheah

AS one of Malaysia's most resilient entrepreneurs, Datuk Lim Kim Hong has gone through many trials and tribulations.

With each “storm”, he seems to emerge not only stronger but observers noticed that the founder of the Sumurwang Group (that has a controlling interest in I-Bhd) has also become more confident.

Indeed, ever willing to test new frontiers, Lim steered his company to be the first Malaysian company to invest in China.

It was not just transferring funds and know-how to China. There were many challenges along the way from overcoming the export conditions; repatriating earnings back to Malaysia, to dealing with the local authorities.

There are many stories of how foreign investments have failed in China. Sumurwang's success in China can only be attributed to being able to persevere.

At its peak, Lim had 11 factories in China producing mainly mattresses.

“We introduced good quality spring mattresses to the China market, which at that time was producing mainly cotton mattresses,” he said.

He added that when he cashed out of China in the early 90s, many people had benefited from his venture.

“After establishing Dreamland as the market leader in the bedding industry in Malaysia, Sumurwang went on to list its Dreamland Holdings.

“However, this listing exercise was initiated in the mid-80s when the country was undergoing an economic downturn and this listing effort was rejected twice before it was finally approved in 1987. A less determined group would have given up by then,” Lim said.

“We restructured the group in the early 1990s with the divestment of our Dreamland Holdings vehicle (renamed Kanzen) to focus on property, financial investments and manufacturing.”

Lim said when Sumurwang acquired I-Bhd in the late 1990s, there was much scepticism about its plans to enter the digital products industry.

He said today, with the expertise gained from its involvement in digital products, the group is now poised to develop the region’s first fully integrated digital city.

He said the digital city concept was still at an infancy stage in many parts of the world. “While many of the global ICT companies have initiated pilot digital city projects around the world, they tended to be with municipalities with a limited digital technological backbone,” he said.

The development of I-City is another example of the role of innovation and perseverance in the group. When in 2005, it was first proposed for I-City to be a MSC cyber centre, many were sceptical as I-City was not even located within the original “corridor”.

Today, this hurdle has been overcome with the “corridor” being extended to cover Klang Valley and with I-City cyber centre plans getting the blessing of the Selangor state government.

The two years work to pursue this goal has borne fruit.

Today, Lim is also thinking of making a big impact in China. When he first ventured into China, it took more than a decade to generate a billion yuan of cumulative sales.

Today with the rise of consumerism, the convergence of ICT technology and the strength of the group's network, Lim is seeking a venture that can generate a billion yuan within a year.

I-Bhd has set up a unit in Shanghai late last year as a beachhead for this plan.

Of course it would take more than just the right product or business partners. A strong combination of IQ, EQ and AQ will be critical ingredients and Lim and his group is well endowed with these.
Old February 26th, 2007, 07:02 AM   #53
XNeo

Likes (Received): 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedang View Post

look alike
XNeo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2007, 11:55 AM   #54
TYW
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter

Likes (Received): 16

can someone show me a pic or a googe map of the location of i-City?

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
TYW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2007, 05:42 AM   #55
pedang
One Malaysia

Selangor MB To Announce I-City As 1st MSC Cybercentre In Shah Alam

By Yong Soo Heong

SHAH ALAM, March 29 (Bernama) -- Selangor Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamed Khir Toyo is expected to announce on Friday that i-City, a RM1.5 billion commercial development in Section 7 here, will be the first MSC (Multimedia Super Corridor) Cybercentre in Shah Alam, say officials familiar with the project.

His announcement is expected to be made when he witnesses a signing ceremony between I-Berhad, the prime mover of the project, and network-based Cisco System, Inc for a strategic alliance partnership between the two companies, they said.

Under the strategic alliance, Cisco, which has played a key role in many ICT hubs around the world such as the Dubai Internet City and the Hong Kong Cyberport, will use i-City as test site for a number of products, the officials added.

Covering some 45 hectares, i-City, which aims to be a world class cybercentre, will be the first privately-initiated MSC Cybercentre to be established in Shah Alam, the Selangor state capital, after Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi had announced in December last year that the entire Klang Valley would be part of the MSC.

The prime minister had said that the move was appropriate as the Klang Valley has the most impressive economic growth both in terms of economic and commercial activities.

Conceptualised in 1996, the MSC aims to leapfrog Malaysia into the information and knowledge age. Its original area was about 15x50 sq km stretching from the Petronas Twin Towers to the KL International Airport and including Putrajaya and Cyberjaya.

The MSC has since grown into a thriving dynamic ICT hub, hosting more than 1,000 multinationals, foreign-owned and home-grown Malaysian companies focused on multimedia and communications products, solutions, services and; research and development.

Commenting on the progress of the i-City project, I-Berhad chairman Datuk Lim Kim Hong said his company has also established strategic partnerships with key ICT players such as Intel and Telekom Malaysia.

The first phase of 44 units landed shop offices is to be completed in early 2008, he said.

Lim said i-City was more than just the hardware as it also encompassed programmes to nurture the ICT industry.

For a start, Lim said i-City had sought out Universiti Industri Selangor (UNISEL) to help develop the talent pool and technopreneurs as part of the human capital development programme to enhance Selangor's premier position as a developed state.

He said i-City would also focus on establishing research and development clusters for the small and medium scale entrepreneurs in the knowledge-based industry in Selangor.

-- BERNAMA
Old March 30th, 2007, 06:50 AM   #56
Mojim
Megalomaniac

Likes (Received): 0

Good, it's very near to where I live right now
Mojim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2007, 01:43 AM   #57
nazrey

I-City project to woo MSC-status firms
By Azlan Abu Bakar
alan@nstp.com.my
March 31 2007

I-City Properties has submitted a plan to the Multimedia Development Corp to turn the project into an MSC Cybercentre

I-BERHAD'S I-City Properties Sdn Bhd is confident of attracting a significant number of companies especially those from the knowledge-based industry to its RM1.5 billion I-City project.

The 29ha ICT-based super regional integrated digital city which is now being developed in Shah Alam, Selangor, is expected to attract multimedia super corridor (MSC)-status companies to operate in one comprehensive area.

I-City Properties chief executive officer Eu Hong Chew said the company, with support of the Selangor State Government, has submitted a plan to the Multimedia Development Corp in December last year to turn the project into an MSC Cybercentre.

"I-City would be the place where knowledge-based industry players establish their operations, thus making the place an investment location for the ICT industry," he said.

Eu said this to the Press after signing a Memorandum of Understanding with software solutions provider Cisco Systems, witnessed by Selangor Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Dr Mohamad Khir Toyo in Shah Alam yesterday.

Under the MoU, Cisco would feature its software called Cisco Connected Real Estate (CCRE) for the development project which will leverage the network environment, thus providing a single connection and process for all buildings and IT systems.

First phase of the I-City project is expected to generate RM300 million in gross development value.
Old April 1st, 2007, 02:50 PM   #58
nazrey

I-**** Partners Cisco For Network Systems In I-**** Selangor
Updated : 30-03-2007
Media : Bernama

SHAH ALAM, March 30 (Bernama) -- I-**** Properties Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary of I-Berhad, and network-based Cisco Systems Inc today signed a memorandum of understanding to work together to deliver world class infrastructure and services to i-****, the first MSC (Multimedia Super Corridor) Cybercentre in Selangor.

Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Dr Mohamad Khir Toyo who witnessed the signing ceremony today also announced i-**** as the first MSC Cybercentre in Selangor.

Under the MoU, Cisco's technologies and solutions will be employed in the development of infrastructure and services for the high tech i-****.

"Cisco has played a key role in many ICT hubs around the world such as the ***** Internet **** and Hong Kong Cyberport and we are honoured that I-**** would be Cisco's showcase to the world of an intelligent network-centric technology environment," said I-Berhad chief executive officer Eu Hong Chew at a press conference later.

"As a digital ****, i-**** would be a place where information communication technology is used to lead the way in demarcating the boundaries between traditional industrial models and the *** era of the knowledge-based economy," he said.

Eu said the first phase of 44 units landed shop offices would be completed in early 2008.

Meanwhile, Cisco Malaysia managing director S.Kumaran said i-**** was in a great position not just for Selangor but for Malaysia as a flourishing centre for ICT, and for it to be used as an energiser for other industries as well as important segments such as small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).

"i-**** intends to implement Cisco Connected Real Estate (CCRE) solutions. It is a framework that uses the power of the network to reduce capital and operating expenditures for key stakeholders over the lifecycle of a ******** to create a more productive and flexible workplace through scalable collaboration, mobility and remote connectivity tools. It also enhances the health, safety and security of the ********'s occupants," he said.

Additionally, CCRE harnesses the power of Internet Protocol (IP) as the fourth utility and delivers the enabling intelligent information network that creates a highly empowered ******** environment, he said.

"It automatically and securely connects ******** owners and tenants to innovative amenities, applications and features that allow people to do things better, faster and cheaper," he said.

Covering some 45 hectares, i-****, which aims to be a world class cybercentre, will be the first privately-initiated MSC Cybercentre to be established in Shah Alam, the Selangor state capital, after Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi had announced in December last year that the entire Klang Valley would be part of the MSC.
Old April 1st, 2007, 02:52 PM   #59
nazrey

i-**** infrastructure lure for IT companies
Updated : 31-03-2007
Media : The Star

SHAH ALAM: To cater for the cutting-edge businesses it plans to attract to its development, I-**** Properties Sdn Bhd has teamed up with Cisco Systems to offer IT companies comprehensive technology infrastructure at its i-**** project.

I-Properties, a subsidiary of I-Bhd, is expected to complete the shop offices with landed titles at its RM1.5bil i-**** project by the end of this year.

The company will also start construction of the retail suites with strata titles and corporate offices for mid-sized multinational in the middle of this year. It aims to complete the first phase of that development by the end of next year, chief executive officer Eu Hong Chew said.

We are creating an MSC area for Shah Alam, he told a media conference yesterday.

Eu said the cooperation with Cisco was to ensure that the company's offering to its customers stayed as current as possible as technology evolved.

Cisco Systems (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd managing director Kumaran Singaram in a statement said: I-**** is in a great position not just for Selangor but for Malaysia as a flourishing centre for ICT, and for ICT to be used as an energiser for other industries as well as important segments such as small and medium-sized enterprises.

Kumaran said Cisco's involvement in i-**** would be on the IT infrastructure side, such as in providing voice services, and wireless and video conferencing solutions.

Eu said although Ciso was the latest IT company i-**** had teamed up with, it would not be the last. It has also entered into partnerships with Intel, Telekom Malaysia Bhd and UniSel.

On the response to the i-**** development, Eu said he was satisfied with it. The objective of this project is to create an IT-hub in Selangor. It also positions Selangor for the next investment wave.

In his speech earlier, Eu said the company was ready to submit the development order for a next generation retail mall.

The retail mall is premised on an infrastructure that is intelligently-networked which would enhance the operations of the retailers while creating an experience for visitors, he said.
Old April 1st, 2007, 02:53 PM   #60
nazrey

i-c-i-t-y (test test!)