daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South Asia > Mehfil Pakistan > Transportation and Infrastructure

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 60 votes, 5.00 average.
Old March 10th, 2014, 10:57 PM   #321
OmI92
Skyscrapercity Addict

Likes (Received): 36639

OmI92 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 11th, 2014, 01:29 PM   #322
Mxn99

Likes (Received): 837

I like this design.
Mxn99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2014, 01:40 PM   #323
shahmeer

Likes (Received): 6485

Smile

Some at last has taken some notice!

Metro bus service: To keep capital green, Mushahid seeks SC intervention

ISLAMABAD:
Senator Mushahid Hussain has written to the Supreme Court to take suo moto notice of a proposal that would destroy green belts on two Islamabad avenues to make way for the planned metro bus service.

Hussain, who is the convener of the senate sub-committee on environment, has also scheduled a public hearing of the sub-committee on March 17 to discuss the controversial proposal.

Nespak, the project consultant has suggested that the Rawalpindi-bound carriageway of the 9th Avenue be converted to a dedicated route for the metro bus. The green belt to the right of the carriageway will be flattened to make room for three new traffic lanes, according to the Nespak’s proposal.
Similarly, Jinnah Avenue will be widened by up to six metres, destroying the green belts on either side of the avenue.

The route alignments are apparently in violation of Islamabad’s master plan, which identifies green belts on both sides of the 9th Avenue and requires the conservation of green belts.

Taking notice of a story published in The Express Tribune on Monday, Hussain said he has requested the apex court to intervene.

He said Islamabad’s greenery was its identity and must be protected.
“Development should not be at the cost of natural beauty of Islamabad,” He said. “We do not want Islamabad to turn into a concrete jungle.”

Published in The Express Tribune, March 11th, 2014.

Pakistan Tehreek-e-insaf

Dekho Dekho Kaun Aaya! Sher ka Shikari Aya!
shahmeer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2014, 01:48 PM   #324
smfarazm..
Pakistan Zindabaad!

Likes (Received): 14881

He said that at some Environmental conference of a German NGO in F-5.

shahmeer liked this post
smfarazm.. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2014, 06:24 PM   #325
OmI92
Skyscrapercity Addict

Likes (Received): 36639

Courtesy: sial699

sial699 liked this post
OmI92 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2014, 07:32 PM   #326
brightside.
Honorary Scouser

Likes (Received): 7506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannedpaki View Post
If countries that are much further developed than Pakistan see the advantages of electric buses we should realize that light rail is futile.
So how many stocks of an electric bus company did you buy?
brightside. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2014, 09:15 PM   #327
ryzvonusef

Likes (Received): 865

The stupid thing is, the alternatives CDA are proposing are VERY reasonable, so we *can* have both the green belts AND the Metro bus!

Like Fazl-e-Haq road instead of Jinnah Av, or the Median of 9th Av instead of the side... VERY simple adjustments!

It will be very sad if I have to choose between reasonable transport and greenery, when I can have both.

Metropole, Intoxication, PIA777, paklove, HA and 2 others liked this post
ryzvonusef no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2014, 10:49 PM   #328
paklove

Likes (Received): 3011

Cost of Metro Bus Project may go up

Dawn Report

Construction of the Metro Bus Station at Liaquat Bagh has already started. — Photo by G.A. Zaidi

RAWALPINDI: The cost of the Metro Bus Service Project is likely to increase from the estimated Rs38 billion to Rs42 billion if the Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (Ecnec) accommodates the objections of the Capital Development Authority (CDA) to the design of an intersection at Peshawar Mor.

Under the project, the project cost — Rs38 billion — will be equally shared by the federal and the Punjab governments. The Punjab government has already allocated Rs19 billion for the portion of the project in Rawalpindi.

However, the federal government asked the CDA to present the project in the Central Development Working Party (CDWP) after its approval from the governing body schedule to be held on Tuesday.

Apart from destroying greenbelts on 9th Avenue, the CDA has also objected to the construction of the intersection at Peshawar Mor. The civic agency asked the consultant of the project — Nespak — to make the intersection for all types of traffic, including vehicles using Kashmir Highway and those moving to and from H-8, H-9, G-8, G-9 and 9th Avenue.

It said if the road was made only for the Metro Bus, the government will have to make some alterations on the main square for other traffic.

On the other hand, the provincial authorities said the estimated cost of the Peshawar Mor remodeling was Rs2 billion but if the CDA’s objection was accommodated the cost would increase to Rs6 billion.

Both the Punjab government and the CDA have now decided to forward the matter to CDWP and then Ecnec for a final decision.

“The consultant had made the design according to the objection of the CDA and the final decision will be made by Ecnec,” said Rawalpindi Commissioner Zahid Saeed while talking to Dawn. He said the total cost would increase if Ecnec approved the new design of the Peshawar Mor intersection.

Islamabad bus service (IBS) project

Experts from the finance ministry on Monday told the CDA that up to Rs40 million financial assistance could be required to operate a quality bus service in the capital city.

A meeting of the CDA officials and the project development experts from the finance ministry, chaired by the chairman CDA, Maroof Afzal, was held to discuss the implementation of the Islamabad Bus Service (IBS) project.

It was decided that the civic body would conduct a traffic survey to assess the passengers flow.

Under the project, buses would be operated on three routes within the jurisdiction of the federal capital - Rawat to Secretariat, I-10 to Secretariat and Bhara Kahu to Secretariat.

The meeting discussed various options related to the operating mechanism of the buses.

However, talking to Dawn, a senior official said the amount required for the smooth operation of the bus service would be much less than being assessed now.

“This was the basic idea but the civic body would also be earning from the sale of tickets and outdoor advertising at the bus stops and on the buses.”

The idea of IBS is to invite bids from the operators who would not only invest in bringing new buses but would also operate the bus service. The CDA would pay the operational charges.

The CDA would develop around 90 bus stops.

“If one stop is auctioned at Rs10 million for a year, the CDA would get Rs900 million annually from outdoor advertising. The annual operation cost is estimated between Rs420 and Rs480 million.”

The meeting agreed that there would not be any relief in fares which would be equal to the existing local transport fares.

Five companies have already filed expression of interests over the project and the CDA is expected to meet them in the coming week to float tenders.

Ahmad Rashid Ahmad liked this post
paklove está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2014, 10:58 AM   #329
Khanrak
SECULARISM

Likes (Received): 103

I'm glad we're focusing on public transit. Building urban highways actually creates more congestion, and doesnt lessen it. Just ask Bangkok, Manila, LA, and even Dubai.

santix, Intoxication, Strong Hearted liked this post
Khanrak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2014, 11:14 PM   #330

Likes (Received): 4614

Capital’s civic managers cave in to pressure from Punjab govt

ISLAMABAD:

The capital’s civic authority has caved in to pressure from the Punjab government to approve the Islamabad section of the Metro bus project in violation of the city’s master plan.

The Punjab government’s haste to execute the Rs32 billion project for the twin cities has left the Capital Development Authority with no other option but to approve it.

The CDA’s reservations on violation of its Master Plan and necessary approvals from the prime minister also went unheard.

The CDA on Tuesday approved the PC-I of the Islamabad section of the project at a hurriedly-called meeting of its Departmental Working Party (DWP), despite the absence of complete quorum.

None of the representatives from the Finance Ministry, Planning Commission or the Cabinet Division attended the meeting, although the rules say their presence is necessary, said an official who attended the meeting.

Also, the document is being processed without obtaining the prime minister’s permission for a one-time waiver of Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (PPRA) rules for hiring Nespak as the design consultant and the shortened timeframe for prequalification of contractors.

The Rawalpindi Development Authority, which is executing the project, had given only 10 days for prequalification of contractors, contrary to the standard one month under PPRA rules.

Similarly, permission required from the Cabinet Division for revision of the capital’s master plan has not been sought.

Two of the Islamabad’s avenues will be widened in contravention of master plan provisions, for which Cabinet Division permission will be required.

An official requesting not to be named said that the PC-I would now be sent to the Central Development Working Party and to the Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (Ecnec) for final approval.

“The [Punjab government] are in a great hurry. They just want us to process the document at the earliest,” commented the official.

A statement issued by the CDA said the DWP meeting was chaired by its chairman Maroof Afzal and attended by the Rawalpindi commissioner and other officials.

The statement said it was also decided that the natural beauty, environment and landscape of Islamabad will be protected.

The meeting also concluded that one per cent of the cost of the PC-1 would be set aside for the protection of the environment and horticulture.

The meeting was informed that a 14-km stretch of the project would be constructed in Islamabad Capital Territory. As many as 14 bus stops — one after every kilometre — would be constructed to facilitate passengers.

The CDA chairman was not available for comment.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/681723/m...m-punjab-govt/

ahmad sh. liked this post
500 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2014, 11:38 PM   #331
shahmeer

Thumbs down

What a shame! That's more like dictatorship then democracy! Just force CDA to approve it!

Pakistan Tehreek-e-insaf

Old March 13th, 2014, 01:39 PM   #332
waqas03

Likes (Received): 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahmeer View Post
What a shame! That's more like dictatorship then democracy! Just force CDA to approve it!
I would agree with you and cda only if cda and that pampered mushaid hussain finish all corporate business from private houses too. We need to turn islo into a good city with real business district not a city of few elite to be used as winter resort. Yes i may be discriminating but this is true.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

santix liked this post
waqas03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2014, 02:34 PM   #333
Ahmad Rashid Ahmad
Sapphire

Likes (Received): 5478

Now someone will go to Supreme court & will take a stay order notice against trees cutting, then Punjab Govt. will blame the courts...
Ahmad Rashid Ahmad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2014, 04:01 PM   #334
smfarazm..
Pakistan Zindabaad!

Likes (Received): 14881

They will construct on jinnah ave, plan includes 4 arab for a big interchange at peshawar morr 9th ave. And trenche / underpass from d chowk to secretariat for security purpose.
Old March 13th, 2014, 04:58 PM   #335
shahmeer

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqas03 View Post
I would agree with you and cda only if cda and that pampered mushaid hussain finish all corporate business from private houses too. We need to turn islo into a good city with real business district not a city of few elite to be used as winter resort. Yes i may be discriminating but this is true.

its not like that i am against this project!!!!! I am just saying that they should use the service roads and not the main AVENUES!!

If this would be happening in any European city people would tie them self with these trees!

Anyway I am doing my best to stop this bus going through Jinnah avenue!

Pakistan Tehreek-e-insaf

Old March 13th, 2014, 05:07 PM   #336
shahmeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahmeer View Post
its not like that i am against this project!!!!! I am just saying that they should use the service roads and not the main AVENUES!!

If this would be happening in any European city people would tie them self with these trees!

Anyway I am doing my best to stop this bus going through Jinnah avenue!
Whit CDA proposal quit a lot of money can be saved on large flyovers!! And the middle class who lives in the government flats will have any easy access!!!

NO where in the world a bus line is build on a 8 lane highway!!

image hosted on flickr

Pakistan Tehreek-e-insaf

Metropole, HA, Savori_Paki, Intoxication liked this post
Old March 13th, 2014, 05:10 PM   #337
hero g
The Master

Likes (Received): 3504

looks like ganja bros are determined to ruin pakistan...
hero g no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2014, 05:32 PM   #338
waqas03

Likes (Received): 450

image hosted on flickr
[/QUOTE]

This blue line is the best...but cda is too dumb and passive ,thats why i criticize it.....

Intoxication liked this post
waqas03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2014, 05:39 PM   #339
befocal
BANNED

Likes (Received): 271

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero g View Post
looks like ganja bros are determined to ruin pakistan...
jo tum logo ne bana lia hai ya bana rahay ho wo b pata chal he raha hai

ahmad sh. liked this post
befocal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2014, 06:33 PM   #340
roxen

Likes (Received): 258

CDA proposal is much better.. but i doubt ky PMLN ye many gi... wo main road py hi banaye gi metro
roxen no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
bus, islamabad, metro, metrobus, rawalpindi

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: