daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Airports and Aviation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: What company do you prefer to develop Mactan-Cebu Int'l Airport?
First Pacificís Metro Pacific Investments Corp. and Gokongwei-led JG Summit Holdings Inc. 80 19.46%
Aboitiz Land Inc. 83 20.19%
Gotianun-led Filinvest Development Corp. and Filinvest Land Inc. 54 13.14%
San Miguel Corp. 97 23.60%
Lucio Tan-led Macroasia Corp. 16 3.89%
Prime Power Holdings Corp. 4 0.97%
Megawide 31 7.54%
GMR Infrastructure 59 14.36%
Lopez-led First Philippine Holdings Corp. 21 5.11%
Premier Airport Group through Sy-led SM Investments Corp. 45 10.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 411. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 7th, 2017, 04:01 PM   #21301
federalist
iceberg

Likes (Received): 420

@bato, ang iya siguro naabtan nga airport kay mga domestic ra. ��
federalist no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2017, 04:08 PM   #21302
Bisayagram

Likes (Received): 58

RE: Back with the airport wheelchair assistance.

I worked in MCIA with MIASCOR for 3 years. I handled CX and OZ flights and airlines NEVER have their own wheelchair assistance personnel inside the airport. It has always been the responsibility of the ground servicing provider that handle their flights. Major ground service providers in MCIA are MIASCOR, PAGGS, MACROASIA, TOPSERV, and SKY LOGISTICS (I dunno if they're still using that name up to now).

In the case with CX, you wouldn't notice any "BIG" difference with the ground and inflight crew since they all wear the same CX uniform. The only difference is that ground staff wear airport ID passes whereas CX flight crew wear the signature wing brush logo pinned on their uniforms.

s_w_stars, chowpau liked this post

Last edited by Bisayagram; December 7th, 2017 at 05:07 PM.
Bisayagram no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 04:24 PM   #21303
Parchie

Likes (Received): 1851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bato_Bato View Post
sus! sa hinambugay mag daug ta
As if apil ug hatag ug bayad sa paghimo sa building! GMR gyud ang magbuot kon unsaon kay silay kahibaw unsaon nga dili kayo gasto unya ganahan ang mga travelers aron mabawi nila ilang gasto.
Old December 7th, 2017, 04:27 PM   #21304
BCFeet
The She-Ruler

Likes (Received): 2297

Quote:
Originally Posted by wise_zech View Post
kasabot nako ngano ing-ana ang design sa floor kay kung imo tan.awon ang floor murag sya mga dahon nagatagak sa gikan sa puno-an sa kahoy kay design man sad sa ceiling kay kahoy man gigamit....nice jud kaau ang idea sa megawide-gmr...bravo..
Close... The tiles are made with real Mother of Pearl shells by a local Cebuano company according to one of the big honchos.

I think the tiles were chosen to resemble beaches.
BCFeet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 04:31 PM   #21305
wise_zech

Likes (Received): 244

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCFeet View Post
Close... The tiles are made with real Mother of Pearl shells by a local Cebuano company according to one of the big honchos.

mao diay gitawag nila og resort airport nice jud kaau tan-awon daghan pa kaau ta atangan ani...
wise_zech no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 04:53 PM   #21306
slerz
mr lakawboy;)

Likes (Received): 4065

Quote:

oh cool.. there are real shells in the terminal in the form of the floor tiles
CEBeaUtiful!!!..............
CEBUreathtaking!!!......
slerz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 05:11 PM   #21307
kakangjonel

Likes (Received): 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquadronTopGun View Post
... Utoy, wala ka pang nararating na magagandang airport kaya di mo alam ung sinasbai ko kaya wag magmarunong... mangibang bansa ka muna ha tutoy...
Well, nakadaan na aku sa Dubai Airport, Suvarnabhumi Airport of Bangkok dahil aku ay Civil engineer working here in Saudi Arabia. We do not need more on aesthetics, we need efficiency of traffic flow of people and airplanes. Wag mong lalaitin ang Glulam wood. Matibay yan, durable, magaan yan at aestheic good looking din. Isa sa mga pinakaamataas sa Fire rating resistant type of wood. Halatang hindi pa mature ikaw mag comment base on what you've said. and please watch your mouth before bragging something because you didn't know who's your talking about. Utoy lang aku sa itsura pero wag mo mamaliitin yan.

Last edited by kakangjonel; December 7th, 2017 at 05:28 PM.
kakangjonel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 05:16 PM   #21308
sivah

Likes (Received): 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquadronTopGun View Post
... Utoy, wala ka pang nararating na magagandang airport kaya di mo alam ung sinasbai ko kaya wag magmarunong... mangibang bansa ka muna ha tutoy...

Asus.
sivah no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 05:19 PM   #21309
Wolfranz
Seine Durchlaucht

Likes (Received): 616

CEB | Mactan-Cebķ International Airport

Quote:

JVAZCO is a Manila company specializing in concrete floors. The floor finish is not tile, itís terrazzo or granolithic floor (very popular in the 80s - late 90s).

Maybe this top honcho was referring to another space with a different floor finish?

Anyhow, if it is true that bits of mother-of-pearl were put in the mix, this terrazzo floor looks perfect for the space. Iíve seen many terrazzo floors with mother-of-pearl in them, but here it becomes part of that goal to evoke a tropical resort-inspired design. Genius.

Leon_Kilat, Bisayagram liked this post

Last edited by Wolfranz; December 7th, 2017 at 05:28 PM.
Wolfranz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 05:24 PM   #21310
Parchie

Likes (Received): 1851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfranz View Post
JVAZCO is a Manila company specializing in concrete floors. The floor finish is not tile, itís terrazzo or granolithic floor (very popular in the 80s - late 90s).

Maybe this top honcho was referring to another space with a different floor finish?
Agreed. What is shown is a flooring definitely not made of tiles.
Old December 7th, 2017, 05:26 PM   #21311
clarkkendrickcgo

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:

Nice! Staying true to the 'resort themed airport' brand. Cool. I am waiting to see more.

Also, do you think if some areas will be carpeted, instead of tiled?
clarkkendrickcgo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 05:32 PM   #21312
clarkkendrickcgo

Likes (Received): 31

Link:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BcAKtk8g...38926246358102

I saw this on Instagram (from cebuseo).

This is very interesting, where is this? control tower?

I can see that they are using flightradar24 to track flights.
clarkkendrickcgo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 05:49 PM   #21313
BCFeet
The She-Ruler

Likes (Received): 2297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfranz View Post
JVAZCO is a Manila company specializing in concrete floors. The floor finish is not tile, it¬’s terrazzo or granolithic floor (very popular in the 80s - late 90s).

Anyhow, if it is true that bits of mother-of-pearl were put in the mix, this terrazzo floor looks perfect for the space. I¬’ve seen many terrazzo floors with mother-of-pearl in them, but here it becomes part of that goal to evoke a tropical resort-inspired design. Genius.
Sorry, the flooring, not tiles, is made of concrete with mother of pearl shells.

I don't know if the shells are from Cebu or the floorings were made in Cebu but the somewhere along the production of the flooring, they integrated "Cebu" in the process. I'm just not sure if he meant Cebuanos help manufactured it or the floorings are made with something from Cebu, but Megawide-GMR kept the Cebu resort airport theme in mind.

Sorry for the confusion.

Leon_Kilat, Wolfranz liked this post
BCFeet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 06:40 PM   #21314
s_w_stars

Likes (Received): 3062

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakangjonel View Post
Well, nakadaan na aku sa Dubai Airport, Suvarnabhumi Airport of Bangkok dahil aku ay Civil engineer working here in Saudi Arabia. We do not need more on aesthetics, we need efficiency of traffic flow of people and airplanes. Wag mong lalaitin ang Glulam wood. Matibay yan, durable, magaan yan at aestheic good looking din. Isa sa mga pinakaamataas sa Fire rating resistant type of wood. Halatang hindi pa mature ikaw mag comment base on what you've said. and please watch your mouth before bragging something because you didn't know who's your talking about. Utoy lang aku sa itsura pero wag mo mamaliitin yan.

Some people see an airport as more of a glamour project rather than a public facility with specific purpose. Aesthetics is in the eye of the beholder but what's more important is that the facility passes all measurable criteria/standards you pointed out. There's always an ignore button if it comes to that.

chowpau, kratos1211 liked this post
s_w_stars no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 07:45 PM   #21315
seastwofly

Likes (Received): 140

About the flooring?
Ahh, og sa estoryaha pa "kanya-kanyang ignorante ba" tagbis na nah... sa tingin ko dili pud na cya Granite...
Kung moingon ko nga gikan na sa Romblon nga marmol which is known the best marmol in Asia...
May mukontra na sad, sigurado...
seastwofly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 08:01 PM   #21316
litigs

Likes (Received): 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_w_stars View Post

Some people see an airport as more of a glamour project rather than a public facility with specific purpose. Aesthetics is in the eye of the beholder but what's more important is that the facility passes all measurable criteria/standards you pointed out. There's always an ignore button if it comes to that.
It does feel like speckles of wood in the floor to reflect the ceiling, but my take on this is a grey granite floor best compliments wood, it's more pure and natural like glass and steel. I have to see what Mactan have in person but the picture is not convincing with the wood ceiling. I would also suggest a clear lacquer on the arches to give it some luster and emphasis because at a distance, the wood is redundant.
litigs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 09:16 PM   #21317
itsjm

Likes (Received): 190

The progress is so fast! I hope it gets finished Q4 2018!
itsjm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 09:35 PM   #21318
jinsack

Likes (Received): 0

It's been a couple of days since I have not seen Juneyao Airline's Cebu To Shanghai Route. Is it currently suspended?
jinsack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 01:16 AM   #21319
dhan

Likes (Received): 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanc View Post
So where does the wheelchair assistant get his salary? Directly from the airline? Or directly from the airport management? If its from a third part company, to whom is this company contractually obligated to? The airline or airport?

I believe he is a contractor for the airport operator. The airline may be responsible for requesting wheel chair assistance (after all the airline staff has more interaction with the passenger) and passes such request to the wheel chair assistance providers. Depending on the setup, the airline staff and contact them directly or through a dispatcher in the airport operator side.

the airline may have some responsibility in making sure such service is rendered but it does not necessarily follow that they are the ones directly performing such service.
In PAL , they get their salaries from EWMPC na kinontrata ng PAL at hindi ng airport management. Hope this is crystal-clear already. Majority of wheelchair brigades sa CEB Airport ay kinontrata ng airlines, hindi po ng airport.

chowpau liked this post
dhan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 01:54 AM   #21320
Wolfranz
Seine Durchlaucht

Likes (Received): 616

Check out the subconís (JVAZCO) facebook page. Itís all there:

https://www.facebook.com/JvazcoINC/

mrwhitepatch liked this post
Wolfranz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
cebu