daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Under Construction

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which design do you prefer?
The KSS design 74 16.70%
The Populous design 369 83.30%
Voters: 443. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 7th, 2017, 09:42 PM   #48061
LAYiddo
Not in L.A.

Likes (Received): 3039

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Not sure if this is new info or not but it says the retractable pitch installation "which began in October, is expected to take 12 weeks"

http://www.sportsmanagement.co.uk/di...%20issue%20133

AfricanWeezal liked this post
LAYiddo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2017, 10:07 PM   #48062
Bazza.
AC Engineer. COYS

Likes (Received): 3420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellshekk View Post
Whoa, bit of a shock to see that sideline hydraulic system looking so neat, clean & at such an advanced stage. I'd expected it to be a lot more messy & complicated, but it looks clean as a whistle, no fuss.

Amazed that they can get that amount of work done while we've all been watching like hawks. I don't think anyone predicted the thing would be so polished at this point. (Of course, it still requires the flap sections, but still.)
I'd guess it was delivered like that.
Old December 7th, 2017, 10:16 PM   #48063
EJG

Likes (Received): 6445

@JamesOlley

Bofrok, EPA001, JimB, PeruGian12, Zaz965 and 7 others liked this post
EJG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 10:55 PM   #48064
TottenhamMattSpur

Likes (Received): 359

They've put some cladding up on the outside of the East upper.
TottenhamMattSpur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 11:08 PM   #48065
MarcSpurs

Likes (Received): 216

Quote:
Originally Posted by weretheshelfside View Post
Pretty much every material colour finish I get given specifications on projects for is on the RAL colour system, be it paint, cladding etc. Obviously things like bricks have their own 'stock' names but something that has a solid colour will be RAL colour coded.

Yes, it should be very hard to get the colours wrong. Page one stuff. Clubs have their own livery colour specifications, as do most companies, for consistency.
For the record, Tottenham Navy Blue is PMS 282C

MAN CAVE liked this post
MarcSpurs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 11:17 PM   #48066
MarcSpurs

Likes (Received): 216

Quote:
Originally Posted by weretheshelfside View Post
This official document (Tottenham hotspur
BRAND IDENTITY AND STYLE GUIDE) from THFC to all supporters clubs around the world explains the official RAL colour codes used by the club.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/uplo...guidelines.pdf

It's the latest one I could find but that's not to say there isn't slightly newer RAL codes for 2017-18. Even if there is, can't imagine they will be vastly different.

Edit. For the record the Spurs Blue RAL code is 5011 (see page 12 of document link above)
This is out of date... for merchandise we are using 282C now...
Old December 8th, 2017, 12:00 AM   #48067
MAN CAVE

Likes (Received): 888

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAYiddo View Post
It emanated from the Daily Fail. You can dry that one out and fertilize Hackney Marshes with it.
Plus it came out the day after the official bodge job on the olympic stadium, so the guy was in his seat thinking what can I write..

THFC_Dan, LAYiddo liked this post
MAN CAVE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 12:06 AM   #48068
MAN CAVE

I was thinking about doing one of those online petitions regarding asking the major to change the stadium name and taking away the London stadium name and bringing it back to the Olympic stadium because of the actual harm a monstrosity that place is now and how damaging it is to have the great name of this great City London associated with it.

AfricanWeezal, Bazza. liked this post
MAN CAVE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 12:15 AM   #48069
THFC_Dan

Likes (Received): 2244

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN CAVE View Post
I was thinking about doing one of those online petitions regarding asking the major to change the stadium name and taking away the London stadium name and bringing it back to the Olympic stadium because of the actual harm a monstrosity that place is now and how damaging it is to have the great name of this great City London associated with it.
If truth be told, it shouldíve been called...

The Seb Coe Egodome
Old December 8th, 2017, 12:18 AM   #48070
sonicyouth

Likes (Received): 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAYiddo View Post
Must admit, I was never a huge fan of the jumbotrons. I'm glad they're gone and have zero legacy in the new design.

This. Always thought they looked a bit crap.

THFC_Dan, LAYiddo liked this post
sonicyouth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 12:23 AM   #48071
camaj

Likes (Received): 213

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Not sure if this is new info or not but it says the retractable pitch installation "which began in October, is expected to take 12 weeks"
No, someone posted that back in Sept/Oct and clearly the author of that piece copied the phrase from the SCX website since it's fair to say it began last week rather than october.
camaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 12:31 AM   #48072
sonicyouth

Likes (Received): 492

LONDON - New White Hart Lane (61,559)

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaj View Post
No, someone posted that back in Sept/Oct and clearly the author of that piece copied the phrase from the SCX website since it's fair to say it began last week rather than october.

It was spurs who said the installation would start in October and take 12 weeks -

'SCX Special Projects - the bespoke precision engineering arm of the family-run SCX Group based in Wincobank, Sheffield - is preparing to install the movable grass pitch over a 12-week period from October.'

http://m.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/s...tadium-070917/

camaj liked this post
sonicyouth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 12:32 AM   #48073
THFC_Dan

Likes (Received): 2244

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCac View Post
From what I can tell it includes the Tottenham Experience and Basement revisions but to give you an idea, Wembley, projected cost $458m, actual cost £827m, ok this may be for the whole project but then have Tottenham released the costs for development outside the stadium and club buildings?
What Tottenham have released, is a figure which is intentionally inflated, as this accords with their assertion that the project is tenuously viable. Why would they wish to do this? Well, in doing so, the inflated figure erodes and undermines pressure placed on the club by Haringey to include a significant element of affordable housing. This can all be traced back to a viability report which Haringey commissioned prior to agreeing the s106, wherein (KPMG?) discussed various figures. However, KPMG only discussed what the club could tell them, ie: the club wrote the report, or at the very least provided figures which supported their claim

In truth, the stadium will cost nowhere near these ridiculous sums which are being bandied around. The thing isn’t being build from gold, and there’s many fair comparisons to draw a reasonable baseline against. Yes ours has some added complexity, but it’s hardly the Taj Mahal. I don’t see how it could possibly cost more than £400m in materials and labour. If you want to bundle land acquisition, design, finance, programme costs and a load of other shit into it, then that’s another matter.

AfricanWeezal liked this post
THFC_Dan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 12:41 AM   #48074
HotspurSam

Likes (Received): 1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by coys500 View Post
Sorry this probably was already covered as think this story came out last week about cost now being £1bn. Am I correct in thinking the only loan in place is £350m? Should we be expecting details of another loan or was this story BS?

Nothing to go on but my take on this is the total cost for all 3 phases of the NDP and maybe they are now look g for future funding for Phase 3 which may even start next year shortly after completion of phase 2.
HotspurSam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 12:55 AM   #48075
jennahaze

Likes (Received): 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by THFC_Dan View Post
What Tottenham have released, is a figure which is intentionally inflated, as this accords with their assertion that the project is tenuously viable. Why would they wish to do this? Well, in doing so, the inflated figure erodes and undermines pressure placed on the club by Haringey to include a significant element of affordable housing. This can all be traced back to a viability report which Haringey commissioned prior to agreeing the s106, wherein (KPMG?) discussed various figures. However, KPMG only discussed what the club could tell them, ie: the club wrote the report, or at the very least provided figures which supported their claim

In truth, the stadium will cost nowhere near these ridiculous sums which are being bandied around. The thing isn’t being build from gold, and there’s many fair comparisons to draw a reasonable baseline against. Yes ours has some added complexity, but it’s hardly the Taj Mahal. I don’t see how it could possibly cost more than £400m in materials and labour. If you want to bundle land acquisition, design, finance, programme costs and a load of other shit into it, then that’s another matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotspurSam View Post
Nothing to go on but my take on this is the total cost for all 3 phases of the NDP and maybe they are now look g for future funding for Phase 3 which may even start next year shortly after completion of phase 2.
I think with all the momentum shenanigans the club may want to get as much started in their approved planning asap, before the loony left wing militants take over and change their minds...
jennahaze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 01:20 AM   #48076
HotspurSam

A company called DS2 provided the Financial Viability Statement on phase 3 and the affordable housing etc for the club, and it is those figures and findings that KPMG used and validated Independently for Haringey Council. The Club didn’t write the report which you can read here:-
http://www.planningservices.haringey...ageName=773887

The KPMG can be found here:-
http://www.planningservices.haringey...ageName=776562

It Was the clubs figures provided by Rothchilds KPMG used for the stadium build.
Old December 8th, 2017, 01:20 AM   #48077
Bazza.
AC Engineer. COYS

Likes (Received): 3420

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennahaze View Post
I think with all the momentum shenanigans the club may want to get as much started in their approved planning asap, before the loony left wing militants take over and change their minds...
I dunno if things have changed much but one pile should be enough to say the project is underway.

nayim99 liked this post
Bazza. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 01:27 AM   #48078
birmingham bertie

Likes (Received): 14

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news...mber-7-071217/

"You will also notice photographs of curved eaves which are now being installed at the top of the north-west corner. Check out images three and four in the gallery. These curved eaves are made of aluminium and will go all around the stadium. A point of interest - apart from a slight raise in the roof towards the centre circle, this is the highest point of the stadium"

JimB, NeilCarter, AfricanWeezal liked this post
birmingham bertie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 01:39 AM   #48079
MAN CAVE

On TL4, right at the bottom there has been in the past week work done on a rectangle area. Within the foundations there was pile side by side, on show was 3 by 5 all in close proximity, now they are chucking rebar onto it, those privy to the plans, what is it that's going here that needs such heavy foundations. cheers
Old December 8th, 2017, 02:07 AM   #48080
HotspurSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazza. View Post
I dunno if things have changed much but one pile should be enough to say the project is underway.

Yes but we only have outline permission for the build, but does this include the final make-up of the numbers for affordable/social homes. If not I fear trouble ahead in getting the full permission.
I suspect the High Road West scheme wonít go ahead if momentum get their way though.

Tags
england, football, populous, soccer, tottenham