daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 3rd, 2018, 05:21 PM   #3801
sabre23t
Transit Researcher

Likes (Received): 1822

Quote:
Originally Posted by byong_sun View Post
personally,which one do u think more effective,PIES or PSD?
Check world wide metro list. See how many have PSD, and how many don't. Here have look yourself ...
http://mic-ro.com/metro/table.html
sabre23t no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2018, 11:45 PM   #3802
byong_sun

Likes (Received): 895

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre23t View Post
Check world wide metro list. See how many have PSD, and how many don't. Here have look yourself ...
http://mic-ro.com/metro/table.html
the data base were made in what year? dont u think those which use PIES may have changed or planning to change to PSD system by now? u havent answer my questions.personally,which one do u think more effective,PIES or PSD? if PIES more effective,why KVMRT using PSD system instead of PIES? can PIES save a child who fell on the rail the moment the train arrive?
byong_sun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2018, 03:59 AM   #3803
sabre23t
Transit Researcher

Likes (Received): 1822

Quote:
u havent answer my questions.personally,which one do u think more effective,PIES or PSD?
My personal answer. Both are effective in different ways.

1/ PIES doesn't have platform barrier, but will automatically detect intrusion into track area and automatically stop trains, to prevent hitting the person on the track. Simpler system, less prone to failure.

2/ PSD doesn't automatically detect intrusion or automatically stop train, but use physical barrier. It is more complex, more prone to failure. If full height PSD requires air conditioning of platform. If half height PSD allows intrusion over top of PSD (throwing or jumping over).

Do note RapidKL KJ Line operations and maintenance have long experience of *both* PIES (at elevated stations) and PSD (in underground stations). I'm sure their experience inform ultimate decision by their colleagues at AG Line.

Quote:
the data base were made in what year?
Each city in that list http://mic-ro.com/metro/table.html are continuously updated and give its update year in the city page.
For example:
Shanghai - Numerical data by J. Serradell, 16 Feb 2016. Maglev and Line 22 not included.
Kuala Lumpur - Numerical data by J. Serradell, 20 Aug 2017. Commuter Lines not included

atmapgnew, caiyi_pua, byong_sun, daeng_jal liked this post

Last edited by sabre23t; January 4th, 2018 at 04:08 AM.
sabre23t no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2018, 07:49 AM   #3804
byong_sun

just curious,is it possible to hv both PSD system n PIES in one station?
Old January 4th, 2018, 09:12 AM   #3805
no_malaise

Likes (Received): 216

Quote:

just curious,is it possible to hv both PSD system n PIES in one station?
That would just be redundant, not to mention a waste of money.
no_malaise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2018, 12:18 PM   #3806
byong_sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_malaise View Post
That would just be redundant, not to mention a waste of money.
so if it waste of money only one can be pick.so which one is more effective?
Old January 4th, 2018, 01:37 PM   #3807
paeh

Likes (Received): 66

Quote:
so if it waste of money only one can be pick.so which one is more effective?
it depends on the cost and the criteria set by the asset owners because at the end of the day both systems should prevent the unwanted incidents from happening
paeh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2018, 01:11 AM   #3808
byong_sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by paeh View Post
it depends on the cost and the criteria set by the asset owners because at the end of the day both systems should prevent the unwanted incidents from happening
thats why i asked,is it possible to hv both system?coz as mr sabre23t said,"Both are effective in different ways" but PIES can only detect intrusion into track area and automatically stop trains if theres one. but it wont prevent anyone from crossing or wont save children from falling onto the track.what happen if a person fell or pushed onto the track the moment train arrive? PSD system to me more efficient and thats why our new MRT having it at all stations.if both are equally efficient than there must be stations around the world change their system from PSD to PIES to cut budget right? im just saying that PIES is the old method.PSD system is more efficient.dont worry about ridiculous possibilities like ppl could throw things over the gate.saving life is more important.Malaysia standard dah kena baru nak buat.i hope Prasarana has plan to build PSD at all LRT n Monorail stations.

lelaki_melayu2003 liked this post
Old January 5th, 2018, 01:21 AM   #3809
lelaki_melayu2003
Joga

Likes (Received): 470

I rather have something physical that can prevent any accidental/intentional fall onto the track. No amount of PIES can ease the pain/shame when you hit that track.

How would you feel if you see a child walk/run close to the edge without the PSD? Do you think the child would understand what a PIES is?

byong_sun liked this post
lelaki_melayu2003 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2018, 04:04 AM   #3810
paeh

Quote:
thats why i asked,is it possible to hv both system?coz as mr sabre23t said,"Both are effective in different ways" but PIES can only detect intrusion into track area and automatically stop trains if theres one. but it wont prevent anyone from crossing or wont save children from falling onto the track.what happen if a person fell or pushed onto the track the moment train arrive? PSD system to me more efficient and thats why our new MRT having it at all stations.if both are equally efficient than there must be stations around the world change their system from PSD to PIES to cut budget right? im just saying that PIES is the old method.PSD system is more efficient.dont worry about ridiculous possibilities like ppl could throw things over the gate.saving life is more important.Malaysia standard dah kena baru nak buat.i hope Prasarana has plan to build PSD at all LRT n Monorail stations.
that is why i said it depends on the criteria that was set by the asset owners. the mrt and lrt are owned by different parties ie mrt corp and prasarana. so what was their criteria? prevent accidental deaths? if so both systems does the job but if the criteria of stopping physical intrusion on to the tracks then it looks like mrt corp incorporated that into their requirements. if you would like psd to be installed why not make your case to be heard by prasarana. complaining in public forums would get you so far.
Old January 5th, 2018, 05:49 AM   #3811
byong_sun

Quote:
that is why i said it depends on the criteria that was set by the asset owners. the mrt and lrt are owned by different parties ie mrt corp and prasarana. so what was their criteria? prevent accidental deaths? if so both systems does the job but if the criteria of stopping physical intrusion on to the tracks then it looks like mrt corp incorporated that into their requirements. if you would like psd to be installed why not make your case to be heard by prasarana. complaining in public forums would get you so far.
im discussing not complaining.

anordinarymouse liked this post
Old January 5th, 2018, 05:55 AM   #3812
byong_sun

dulu sebelum SMRT pasang PSD system,byk berlaku mangsa kena gilis kretapi.mcm2 cerita.bukannya apa,cegah sebelum jadi,ye tak?
Old January 5th, 2018, 09:15 AM   #3813
paeh

Quote:
im discussing not complaining.
and i am too discussing the issue right? i have my right for my thoughts to be heard too right so as that goes to you. the important thing is keeping it civilised. cheers.
Old January 5th, 2018, 09:28 AM   #3814
byong_sun

Quote:
and i am too discussing the issue right? i have my right for my thoughts to be heard too right so as that goes to you. the important thing is keeping it civilised. cheers.
which part of the discussion is not civilized?please enlighten us.if u can proof one,i will apologize
Old January 5th, 2018, 12:01 PM   #3815
paeh

Quote:
which part of the discussion is not civilized?please enlighten us.if u can proof one,i will apologize
it is a general statement reminding all of us at any given situation in this forum because we have seen threads getting derailed when opinions are at odds. chill la bro.
Old January 5th, 2018, 12:12 PM   #3816
Paolonutini98

Likes (Received): 954

Didnt rapidkl receive international iso cert recognition lately that reinforces their stations safeness? I forgot but world class was mentioned, so pies or psd is just a tiny part thats being weighted for being certifiably safe?
Old January 5th, 2018, 01:03 PM   #3817
mfaizsyahmi

Likes (Received): 64

PIES work good enough as it is imo. CCTVs monitor the platforms at all times, and if somebody even lingers beyond the yellow lines you'll be visited by staff who'd kindly tell you to mind the lines. If ever there's a time where stations are crowded surely there'll be staff on platforms too.

I can tell because I was personally told off once at Sri Rampai. All announcement texts afterwards was about standing behind yellow lines...non-stop. IDK if anyone else notices but I was very self-conscious throughout my journey!

sabre23t liked this post
mfaizsyahmi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2018, 02:16 PM   #3818
byong_sun

Quote:
it is a general statement reminding all of us at any given situation in this forum because we have seen threads getting derailed when opinions are at odds. chill la bro.
it got derailed since u make it personal.
Old January 5th, 2018, 02:44 PM   #3819
byong_sun

correct me if im wrong but in other countries,many accidents happened regarding platform safety involving drunk,carelessness,and crime like pushing someone the moment the train arrive.havent heard about it that involving children yet but can we guarantee it wont happen?.S'pore had some accidents before they changed to PSD system..im not against PIES but is it that complicated or too expensive to have PSD system at all stations like MRT SBK line? and is it possible to just add PSD system into existing PIES? just want to understand not to argue.

lelaki_melayu2003 liked this post
Old January 5th, 2018, 03:01 PM   #3820
paeh

Quote:
it got derailed since u make it personal.
nvm