daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Tampa / St Petersburg

Old July 25th, 2007, 09:59 PM   #81
randommichael

Likes (Received): 5

I guess this is good news. I would have liked to have seen more density though and less surface parking.
randommichael no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 25th, 2007, 10:37 PM   #82
Jasonhouse

Likes (Received): 305

^It's not the density so much as the utterly horrid site planning that I despise.

To me, this sort of site design befits a suburban office park completely dependent upon automobiles, not a major business district that is urbanizing and densifying.
Jasonhouse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 10:50 PM   #83
smiley

Likes (Received): 54

I agree more with that analysis for the MetLife site,which has much more potential to be pedestrian friendly and connected to other dense projects.

This site is kind of isolated by SR 60 and the open space needed for the runway. Admittedly, the layout is sort of odd, but it will be auto based no matter what. People may walk around the development, but no is going to walk to the development - which will also be the case with the MetLife site, though it did not need to be (how much do you bet that the MEtlife site will not even have a sidewalk that goes to Lois so you can (theoretically) cross the street to the restaurants, etc.
I contain multitudes.

I don't pretend 'cause I don't care.
smiley no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2007, 12:35 AM   #84
Jasonhouse

It is isolated to the north, bu not in other directions, where redevelopment of aging adjacent properties will inevitably occur well within the usable lifespan of this development, providing a golden opportunity for this to be further connected to the surrounding neighborhood, and act as a catalyst for other ped friendly redevelopment... Instead, it is an island and will spur nothing but automobile traffic and profits. (and yes, jobs and taxes of course).
Old July 30th, 2007, 08:39 PM   #85
jonknee
Downtown resident

Likes (Received): 41

http://tampabay.bizjournals.com/tamp...ml?t=printable

Westshore office park to replace another
Tampa Bay Business Journal - 11:37 AM EDT Monday, July 30, 2007
A 580,000-square-foot waterfront office complex is planned to replace an aging five-building office park in Tampa's Westshore business district over the next two years.

Rubenstein Partners LP, a Philadelphia-based real estate investment trust, announced Monday it is partnering with Christian Tyler Properties of Tampa to develop West View Corporate Center on the current site of Executive Square Office Park at the end of Reo Street near Interstate 275.

The new three-building complex, consisting of five to eight stories, will feature a fountain and green space in the middle facing Tampa Bay. Completion is scheduled for occupancy by spring 2009, subject to local government approvals.

"West View Corporate Center will create a truly unique and spectacular waterfront office environment, unlike any other currently in Westshore," said David Rubenstein, senior managing principal of Rubenstein Partners. This is the company's first project in the Tampa Bay area.

Kirk Eicholtz, founder and CEO of Christian Tyler Properties, noted that the project has been well received by a diverse cross-section of Tampa's business community.

Demolition is set to begin on Executive Square, a 103,000-square-foot complex that opened in 1977 and is now owned by Clear Channel Communications Inc. (NYSE: CCU), the Bay area's largest radio station operator.

CB Richard Ellis Group Inc. (NYSE: CBG) has been retained as the project's exclusive leasing agent. Alfonso Architects of Tampa is the lead designer.
jonknee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2007, 12:04 AM   #86
HARTride 2012
Tampa/St. Pete, FL Mod

Likes (Received): 423

Now if only someone can get something built to replace the Austin Center, I'd be a bit more happy.
HARTride 2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2007, 03:34 AM   #87
tamparican

Likes (Received): 0

very nice renderings...i like how the reflection pool is right inbetween the 2 buildings and looks str8t ahead to the ocean..
tamparican no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2007, 04:40 AM   #88
LuvHighrisers

Likes (Received): 11

And what ocean would that be?
LuvHighrisers no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2007, 04:43 AM   #89
Jasonhouse

http://www.westviewtampa.com/

Tweak that reflecting pool some, and we could have our own little Salk Institute wannabe.

Here's an nformative article marketing the project.
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4635211&EDATE=
Old July 31st, 2007, 06:06 AM   #90
jonknee
Downtown resident

It's actually a pretty attractive design. Great views, nice water and green space.
Old July 31st, 2007, 06:22 AM   #91
Dale

Likes (Received): 835

Has TampaSphere broken ground yet ?

*runs away*
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 07:44 PM   #92
HARTride 2012
Tampa/St. Pete, FL Mod

The reflecting pools remind me of my trip to DC...twelve years ago.
Old August 6th, 2007, 08:06 PM   #93
smiley

Yup, great views of the people in the other building and the people smoking in between - sure hope there are some hotties who light up, cause otherwise you're sol
I contain multitudes.

Old August 6th, 2007, 10:24 PM   #94
FloridaFuture
Former Mod

Likes (Received): 130

Avion Park update:

Office tower is now up to three floors with some supports for the 4th story up. Also, the elevator shafts are up to around 4 or 5 stories. They now have a non-tower crane on site too.
FloridaFuture no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2007, 12:55 AM   #95
smiley

Quote:
They now have a non-tower crane on site too.
Damn. I thought they were going to build it like the Pyramids. . . .

(just joking)
I contain multitudes.

Old August 9th, 2007, 05:53 PM   #96
FloridaFuture
Former Mod

Likes (Received): 130

This is a Longer article with info on the West View project, it was in the August 3rd print addition but today the biz journal released the whole article online to the public.
-----------------

Westshore project a sign that waterfront demand is hot
Tampa Bay Business Journal - August 3, 2007by Carl CronanReal estate editor

Plans for the three-building West View Corporate Center include a cascading fountain and a courtyard with a view of Tampa Bay.

A developer's plan to add three office buildings along the Tampa Bay shoreline affirms the continued leasing power of premium corporate space with unfettered water views.

Rubenstein Partners LP says it will build a 580,000-square-foot Class A office project called West View Corporate Center on the current site of Executive Square Office Park at the far end of Reo Street, just north of Interstate 275. It is working with Tampa developer and land use attorney Kirk Eicholtz on the project.

Rubenstein, a privately held real estate investment trust based in Philadelphia, bought the nine-acre site and five existing buildings from Clear Channel Communications Inc. (NYSE: CCU) for $8 million in late October. Rubenstein quietly designed a campus with one eight-story building and two others with five stories, all surrounding a fountain and massive bayside courtyard.

The latest deal is a sign that waterfront office space in the Westshore business district is in high demand -- particularly on Rocky Point where space goes for between $27 and $31 a square foot lately and doesn't stay vacant too long, brokers say.

Spectacular water views are one of the best perks office brokers in the Bay area can pitch to prospective tenants. Buildings closest to the shore command higher annual rents than those farther inland.

"We're always going to achieve high occupancy, and we're doing very well right now," said Vince La Mariana, director with GVA Advantis in Tampa and leasing agent for Bayport Plaza, the 11-story office building next to the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay along Courtney Campbell Causeway.

Several other buildings that rose on Rocky Point since the early 1980s have consistently performed well in terms of stable rent rosters and record prices paid by investors. That's despite current long-term road construction between the causeway, officially State Road 60, and I-275 that had been thought early on to have an adverse effect on leasing there.

Office rentals throughout Westshore, and the entire Bay area for that matter, have boosted developers' confidence in adding new buildings such as Highwoods Bay Center, also along the shoreline at one end of the I-275 Howard Frankland Bridge. Construction of the second seven-story building there will start once the first reaches sufficient occupancy after opening this summer.

Developer scores a prime location
Rubenstein, which had long sought development opportunities in the Bay area, found the waterfront site by way of CB Richard Ellis Group Inc. (NYSE: CBG) even though Executive Square wasn't actively marketed.

"It was a great find," said Michael O'Callaghan, VP and marketing director for Rubenstein. "We wanted to do something dramatic and fully utilize the potential of the site."

Rather than waiting to sign prelease agreements, Rubenstein intends to proceed with construction as soon as possible after demolition of the current 30-year-old structures. It is holding firm to a planned occupancy target in spring 2009, O'Callaghan said.

West View adds to an already heavy slate of as much as 3 million square feet of office construction planned for Westshore over the next several years. Brokers believe one-third to one-half of that space will eventually be completed, with the earliest projects having the best chance of winning key tenants.

"Westshore is in need of more office space," La Mariana said, noting that his 265,015-square-foot Bayport Plaza building is now 94 percent leased.

Rubenstein, which established its REIT nearly two years ago, has a lengthy history of developing signature office projects throughout the eastern United States, totaling 3.5 million square feet, O'Callaghan said. The developer isn't too concerned about the prospect of wind exposure to an office project so close to the shoreline, since damage from hurricanes and other severe storms is mostly caused by objects from land instead of water, he added.

West View's site is several feet above the 100-year base flood elevation and will be built under strict state and federal building codes, he said.

Despite any concerns office tenants may express about issues such as hurricane evacuation zones, O'Callaghan said Rubenstein is confident the project will be successful. Its asking rents are also expected to be in line with comparable space in Westshore and Rocky Point, he said.

"We're comfortable with where the market is going," he said. "A water view is a great thing."

By the numbers
Rocky Point's largest office buildings

Name Square Feet Stories Year Opened

Bayport Plaza 265,015 11 1984

The Pointe 250,000 10 1982

Island Center 247,985 12 1986

Waterford Plaza 243,257 12 1987

Harborview Plaza 205,290 7 2002

Rocky Point Centre 180,960 8 1985

SOURCE: Tampa Bay Business Journal research

ccronan@bizjournals.com | 813.342.2468

http://tampabay.bizjournals.com/tamp...372800^1500265
FloridaFuture no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2007, 06:50 PM   #97
Robert.Maddrey
Native Floridian

Likes (Received): 2

The more and more I read about this project the more interesting and ambitious the design and proposal seem. Certainly, not your standard Westshore fare.

Down Shift Magazine
>> My Photos of Tampa <<
Robert.Maddrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2007, 06:52 PM   #98
HARTride 2012
Tampa/St. Pete, FL Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.Maddrey View Post
The more and more I read about this project the more interesting and ambitious the design and proposal seem. Certainly, not your standard Westshore fare.
Nope. Very post-modern looking to me.
Old August 9th, 2007, 07:26 PM   #99
jonknee
Downtown resident

But there are still palm trees so it's "Florida" .
Old August 10th, 2007, 12:49 AM   #100
smiley

Am I looking at another picture? You guys are looking at this, right?

It is a frigging U-shaped box with a little gras in the middle. It is neither modern nor post-modern. IT is damn office park box. I could have designed that in 3d grade.
I contain multitudes.

Tags
tampa-projects