daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » completed | under construction | proposed | demolished

Old June 28th, 2007, 05:45 PM   #81
Alle

Likes (Received): 3

Id love to repost it but cant find the document

So if anyone has it please repost.

Castles And Fortresses [Alpe Adria] [Bosnia]
Alle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 28th, 2007, 12:58 PM   #82
Alle

WEBCAM for the göteborg project.

Old August 28th, 2007, 01:36 PM   #83
railcity

Likes (Received): 26

"Nya Gammla Ullevi" - funny name...
railcity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2007, 02:17 PM   #84
Vermeer

Likes (Received): 0

Why do you want a Scandinavian Leauge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphdude View Post
In general I support a nordic league, though only in the sence that it will replace the other national leagues. However if we do that we may end up giving up 1 or 2 CL qualifyer places. That may be okay, if it is replaced by more UEFA rounds.

I also think that we need to keep each countries cup. That way we can ensure atleast one UEFA place to each countries.

I am begining to see that there are many ways of doing this, and I think each countries should set down and try and figure out if this can be done.

I dont remember the specific of your proposel, as I only read it once, and somehow forgot to save it I think. Any chance you could post it again?

I do remember it being very specific and I doubt that I can ad much. It looked good, but can it be sold to each country...And to UEFA....
It’s a risky project to join leagues from different countries and I can not see any advantages by merging the leagues from the three Scandinavian countries. As far as I can see Scandinavia has no football clubs on mid European level. I know Rosenborg held a reasonable good European level and I know FC Copenhagen claims they are one of the richest clubs in Europe and that they made it to the CL once. It seems like Rosenborg has lost their glory, even thou they most likely will play CL this year. FC Copenhagen has never held a good European level and whatever they claims themselves, they do not have economy to buy themselves a place in Europe either. The fact that the company that owns the Club is rich does not mean that the club is rich.
No Swedish clubs have been close to European level after money completely took over European football.
A competition consisting of the 5 – 6 best teams from each Scandinavian country would still be a competition between teams of the lowest European level.

Maybe some of the clubs would get stronger finances, but not all of them. The TV-money would increase, but the ticket money would decrease. A match between AEK and Hammarby is more interesting than a match between AEK and Horsens. A match between Brann and Rosenborg is more interesting than a match between Brann and Elfsborg.

Most likely Sweden would be the big looser in a Scandinavian competition. The stadium development has come much further in Norway and Denmark, than in Sweden. All Danish and Norwegian Teams playing in the two highest leagues will have new and modern stadiums before 2009. Sweden has started the talk about new stadiums, but as far as I know, only one is built (Elfsborg) and two clubs have started the construction (Malmo, Gothenburg). In Norway and Denmark the stadiums are owned by the club, except of FCK, where the stadium owns the club. In Sweden the stadiums will be owned by the municipalities and/or private investors. The stadiums will generate a lot of money for Norwegian and Danish clubs in the future, money Swedish clubs will miss, because they do not own their stadiums. The Scandinavian league may easy end in a situation where Danish and Norwegian clubs buy up the best Swedish players (meaning the players that don’t go to England, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Netherlands, Scotland, Portugal, Greece, Turkey and so on) because the economy are stronger in RBK, Brann, VIF, Viking, FCK, Broendby, Odense, FC Midtjylland than in AEK, Malmo, IFK and Elfsborg.

It has taken more than 100 years to develop the Swedish, Danish and Norwegian football culture. How long do you think it will take to develop a Scandinavian football culture?

The Scandinavian leauges
Vermeer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 08:28 PM   #85
Mickey_R

Might add the newer renders of the Malmö FF Stadium.

The capacity for the MFF arena is either 21 000 sitting or 18 000 sitting with 6000 standing (People demand to stand in Sweden LOL)

Mickey
Mickey_R no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 08:31 PM   #86
Quintana
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 386

I like the one tiered stand behind the goal.
Quintana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 10:09 PM   #87
LMCA1990
Le coït.

Likes (Received): 924

good for sweden. hopefully their teams will grow with their stadiums.
Old August 29th, 2007, 10:59 PM   #88
Chilenofuturista
Zug->für 'ne bessere welt

Likes (Received): 212

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcm1990 View Post
good for sweden. hopefully their teams will grow with their stadiums.

That will never happen. At least not very much, Elfsborg (Swedish Champions) just got humiliated and kicked out by Valencia. Things must change soon.
Chilenofuturista no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2007, 12:12 PM   #89
Quintana
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 386

They were unlucky the be drawn with Valencia. If they would have gotten Ajax they would be playing in the CL right now
Quintana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2007, 10:15 PM   #90
Alle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermeer View Post
It’s a risky project to join leagues from different countries and I can not see any advantages by merging the leagues from the three Scandinavian countries. As far as I can see Scandinavia has no football clubs on mid European level. I know Rosenborg held a reasonable good European level and I know FC Copenhagen claims they are one of the richest clubs in Europe and that they made it to the CL once. It seems like Rosenborg has lost their glory, even thou they most likely will play CL this year. FC Copenhagen has never held a good European level and whatever they claims themselves, they do not have economy to buy themselves a place in Europe either. The fact that the company that owns the Club is rich does not mean that the club is rich.
No Swedish clubs have been close to European level after money completely took over European football.
A competition consisting of the 5 – 6 best teams from each Scandinavian country would still be a competition between teams of the lowest European level.

Maybe some of the clubs would get stronger finances, but not all of them. The TV-money would increase, but the ticket money would decrease. A match between AEK and Hammarby is more interesting than a match between AEK and Horsens. A match between Brann and Rosenborg is more interesting than a match between Brann and Elfsborg.

Most likely Sweden would be the big looser in a Scandinavian competition. The stadium development has come much further in Norway and Denmark, than in Sweden. All Danish and Norwegian Teams playing in the two highest leagues will have new and modern stadiums before 2009. Sweden has started the talk about new stadiums, but as far as I know, only one is built (Elfsborg) and two clubs have started the construction (Malmo, Gothenburg). In Norway and Denmark the stadiums are owned by the club, except of FCK, where the stadium owns the club. In Sweden the stadiums will be owned by the municipalities and/or private investors. The stadiums will generate a lot of money for Norwegian and Danish clubs in the future, money Swedish clubs will miss, because they do not own their stadiums. The Scandinavian league may easy end in a situation where Danish and Norwegian clubs buy up the best Swedish players (meaning the players that don’t go to England, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Netherlands, Scotland, Portugal, Greece, Turkey and so on) because the economy are stronger in RBK, Brann, VIF, Viking, FCK, Broendby, Odense, FC Midtjylland than in AEK, Malmo, IFK and Elfsborg.

It has taken more than 100 years to develop the Swedish, Danish and Norwegian football culture. How long do you think it will take to develop a Scandinavian football culture?

The Scandinavian leauges
Another problem is that the football associations would have to join together or at least on the elite level work together to get UEFA places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilenofuturista View Post

That will never happen. At least not very much, Elfsborg (Swedish Champions) just got humiliated and kicked out by Valencia. Things must change soon.

I dont agree, altough they got outplayed, they and the rest of Swedens clubs learned how hard they need to work to get have a chance, thats a valuable lesson, remember IFK Göteborg, they got humiliated too before they had some success in europe.

The expansion will really help the league. First of all the swedish league is so even, with the teams so close to each other 4 more games (total of 30 instead of 26) will help the truly best team win. Secondly there are many clubs in the second and even third division coming from cities with Allsvenskan potential (compared to current allsvenskan teams, for example clubs from Jönköping, Linköping, Umeå, Östersund, Norrköping, Växjö). Probably more young players will get a chance, simply becouse more players will play.

In a couple of years, the expansion of the league together with new stadiums will help the league be somewhat competitive in europe at least some years, and some clubs. We desperately need that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintana View Post
I like the one tiered stand behind the goal.
I love one tiered stands too, would be even better to have one at one of the long sides, these passionate supporters deserve a good view .

ONE EXTRA NOTE
________________-

Why dont Europe take inspiration from Japan? Where they have many stadiums with stands starting a couple of meters above pitchlevel so even those at the lowest seats have a good view. Like the stadium used for the athletics world championships in Osaka.

Old August 30th, 2007, 10:36 PM   #91
Chilenofuturista
Zug->für 'ne bessere welt

Likes (Received): 212

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKing View Post
Another problem is that the football associations would have to join together or at least on the elite level work together to get UEFA places.

I dont agree, altough they got outplayed, they and the rest of Swedens clubs learned how hard they need to work to get have a chance, thats a valuable lesson, remember IFK Göteborg, they got humiliated too before they had some success in europe.

The expansion will really help the league. First of all the swedish league is so even, with the teams so close to each other 4 more games (total of 30 instead of 26) will help the truly best team win. Secondly there are many clubs in the second and even third division coming from cities with Allsvenskan potential (compared to current allsvenskan teams, for example clubs from Jönköping, Linköping, Umeå, Östersund, Norrköping, Växjö). Probably more young players will get a chance, simply becouse more players will play.

I love one tiered stands too, would be even better to have one at one of the long sides, these passionate supporters deserve a good view .

ONE EXTRA NOTE
________________-

Why dont Europe take inspiration from Japan? Where they have many stadiums with stands starting a couple of meters above pitchlevel so even those at the lowest seats have a good view. Like the stadium used for the athletics world championships in Osaka.
I hope that becomes reality. I hope that Elfsborg learnt the lesson and I hope they'll return next year - stronger and better. But in order to learn this lesson well they must participate next season in some European Cup. I want this to happen. I want them to learn and apply the corrections next season. And believe me, I'm definitely not a fan of Elfsborg, nooo way, but I wish the best for the team from Knalleland (and other Swedish teams now that we're mentioning it).

Yes, the Swedish league is very, very even. And I would like to see more teams from the rest of Sweden (winning the league and participating internationally) and not always the usual ones - teams from Stockholm, Gothenburg or Scania.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKing View Post
In a couple of years, the expansion of the league together with new stadiums will help the league be somewhat competitive in europe at least some years, and some clubs. We desperately need that.
to that. I wish the same thing, may all of this become reality soon...really soon.
Chilenofuturista no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 07:09 PM   #92
Svempa99

Likes (Received): 1

I'm not a fan of a joint Scandinavian league. As Veermeer said, Sweden would likely become a loser in such league. Remember that we have had a fantastic growth in interest the last 10 years in Swedish football and the crowds at the big derbies are on pair with some of the big leagues. And this despite the poor quality of the games!

I also support the expansion of the league to 16 teams. Sure, there will probably be less percentage of high profile matches but Sweden is not only big cities. I think it's sound for the recruitment of top players that we have elite clubs all over the country, in regional capitals like Växjö, Norrköping, Borås, Sundsvall, Örebro.

I think it benefits the interest for football in Sweden that there is an every week rivalry between big cities and small cities. The small cities must prosper too in a geographically big country like Sweden. So having big city features like culture institutions, universities and elite sports is vital. You can in fact say that a visit by AIK in Kalmar is similar to a visit from Riksteatern. It helps the Kalmar region prosper and keep its inhabitants.
Svempa99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2007, 10:27 PM   #93
Alle

Good points Svempa99. I too have grown increasingly sceptic to the idea of an scandinavian league, altough i have drawn up the details to make it technically possible (relegation/promotion wise). I have also come to understand some of the difficulties it involves. The conlusion is that it would probably be easier and better do what i happening now, expanding the league, expanding the number of substitutes to seven like in other leagues and encourage new facilities.

After all Sweden is about the size of Portugal, and i think we should take our inspiration for Allsvenskan from their topleague, not from say, Denmark (i think FCK has reached their peak).

Old September 21st, 2007, 01:12 PM   #94
CorliCorso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svempa99 View Post
And this despite the poor quality of the games!
This has always confused me about Swedish football. I think something like 3.2% of the adult population are licensed players (and about 15% of children), so there's strength in depth there, but it just doesn't seem to end up with great quality players in the Allsvenskan, despite some very good youth set-ups.
CorliCorso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2007, 09:38 AM   #95
Alle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorliCorso View Post
This has always confused me about Swedish football. I think something like 3.2% of the adult population are licensed players (and about 15% of children), so there's strength in depth there, but it just doesn't seem to end up with great quality players in the Allsvenskan, despite some very good youth set-ups.
The good players leave quite early, not least becouse of the extreme taxlaws.

Old November 23rd, 2007, 10:01 AM   #96
Alle

UPDATE

Hammarby IF got their new stadium developement next to the Globe Arena approved by the city . The stadium is preliminarily planned for a capacity of 30 000.

Djurgårdens IF got their developement dissapproved, it was planned for 25 000, also in Stockholm. They will try again though...

Webcam stream from the Göteborg project, progressing at a steady pace i guess

The next season will be the first one with 16 clubs in the league.

Old November 23rd, 2007, 11:27 AM   #97
anti87
anti

Here's an webcam on Malmö FF new stadium

http://www.mff.se/swedbankstadion/webcam.asp
anti87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2007, 12:27 AM   #98
Alle

thanks

Old February 26th, 2008, 06:46 PM   #99
Alle

Bump

Göteborg Update

Malmö Update

Old February 26th, 2008, 09:55 PM   #100
www.sercan.de
Galatasaray SK

Likes (Received): 1865

What happened to the new national stadium?
At Worldstadiums they have new pics?
Project changed?

FIBA EuroLeague Women (1): 2014
FIBA EuroCup Women (1): 2009

IWBF Champions Cup (5): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014
IWBF Intercontinental Cup (4): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012
www.sercan.de no está en línea   Reply With Quote