daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Los Angeles > Los Angeles forums > Projects

Projects Los Angeles Metropolitan Projects and Proposals. » Development News

Old December 15th, 2007, 09:08 AM   #101
milquetoast
L O S A N G E L E S

Likes (Received): 316

Oh, yeah! I haven't seen those as I am an average Vegas resident and don't see the strip too often, but the freeway billboards are all over and are impressive even during the day
milquetoast no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 15th, 2007, 09:43 AM   #102
Westsidelife
LAL | LAD | LAK

Likes (Received): 44

VZN, there's one more rendering for LA Central on the RTKL website. Could you please post that one? Thanks.
Old December 15th, 2007, 10:07 AM   #103
VZN
Caleuphoria

Likes (Received): 2

Yezzir...

If anything else, these new renderings just go to show everyone that the project has NOT gone south. But WTF is keeping it from groundbreaking though?

On another note, hopefully those are LED's... I'd like to see them implemented with L.A. Live.
VZN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2007, 02:27 AM   #104
jessemh431

Likes (Received): 11

Has anyone noticed lots of electronic billboards going up all over LA? I wonder if it's to try to modernize LA or what. The one I can think of right now is the exit off of the 90 Marina Freeway West to Culver Blvd. At the bottom is an electronic billboard. Why are they doing this.
jessemh431 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2007, 03:44 AM   #105
djm19

Likes (Received): 0

I heard the city council recently allowed a company to set these up, because they were forced to take down existing billboards on Santa Monica Blvd for its redevelopment.
djm19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2007, 10:59 AM   #106
milquetoast
L O S A N G E L E S

The L. A. times ran an article on the 18th (today) confirming in the article (on AV's pet projects and their funding) that L. A. Central was OK'd by the city council three weeks ago. They referred to the project in the article as Fig Central. Of course, the 100,000 dollars back in August didn't hurt

Last edited by milquetoast; December 18th, 2007 at 11:05 AM.
Old March 1st, 2008, 06:52 PM   #107
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 482

Any new news about LA Central?
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 07:39 PM   #108
CITYofDREAMS
The Place

Likes (Received): 27

This is the Latest from Los Angeles Downtown News... Groundbreaking expected in fall of this year but don't hold your breath.

L.A. CENTRAL

The approximately $1 billion, L.A. Live-adjacent project received city approvals in January. New York-based developer the Moinian Group is now in the process of securing funding, said the company's Oskar Brecher. Though Brecher said groundbreaking is expected by the fall, he would not reveal financial details. The development at Figueroa and 11th streets would include 53- and 37-story towers with a total of 860 studio, one- and two-bedroom condominiums averaging 1,000 square feet. The project would also include 250,000 square feet of retail space, including a high-end grocery store, restaurants and a health club, and a boutique hotel with 222 rooms. In lieu of including an affordable component, the developer is setting aside funds for up to 172 units of low-income housing to be built elsewhere. B9
Old March 2nd, 2008, 08:34 AM   #109
Buildingfrenzy
bUILDING fRENZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by CITYofDREAMS View Post
This is the Latest from Los Angeles Downtown News... Groundbreaking expected in fall of this year but don't hold your breath.
I think this one will get off the ground BUT most likely will not happen unill 2009-2010. I also think that it will also be mostly funded by someone with a shit load of money who can wait for the market to turn in a couple of years and make a killing.

Most likely that invester will be foriegn and even more likely is that it will be tied to a country with all kinds of oil revenue. In another words another prince of _____ whatever. This one Will get of the ground because of it's proximity to L.A Live, especially once they see phase 2 open. That said , even in a shitty market that land will still be far to valuable to just have it sitting there. Any current investors if they are not already royal middle east will likely jump ship in the next couple of months and be replaced by my muslim brothers.
Buildingfrenzy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 04:24 AM   #110
San Marino Guy

Likes (Received): 1

Hey, I'm new here. Any updates with this project. It seems like it's the second most important in South Park right behind LA Live.
San Marino Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 04:39 AM   #111
milquetoast
L O S A N G E L E S

Developers are verry hush-hush and on the Q T! If there were updates on anything going on you'd hear about it. From Westy!! Patience
Old May 21st, 2008, 05:38 PM   #112
soup or man
Diamondz...

Likes (Received): 174

The New York-based Moinian Group is still in the process of securing funding for the approximately $1 billion project adjacent to L.A. Live, said the company's Oskar Brecher. Still, he said, a groundbreaking is expected by the end of the year. The development at Figueroa and 11th streets would include 53- and 37-story towers with a total of 860 studio, one- and two-bedroom condominiums averaging 1,000 square feet. The project would also hold 250,000 square feet of retail space, including a high-end grocery store, restaurants, a health club, and a boutique hotel with 222 rooms. In lieu of including an affordable component, the developer would set aside funds for up to 172 units of low-income housing to be built elsewhere.
Old May 21st, 2008, 11:39 PM   #113
Westsidelife
LAL | LAD | LAK

With the amenities across the street at LA Live (as well as within this project itself), this one should have no trouble attracting offers. I predict this and Park Fifth will be the next two to break ground.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:18 AM   #114
raymond3000
Citywatch #2 lol j/k

Likes (Received): 1

yea it is still very possible that we may all get our Downtown Big 3: Park Fifth, Grand Ave, & LA Central. Did the shorter tower get downsized from 40 to 37 stories? someone should snatch up the plot(s)flanking the Holiday Inn and 8th/figueroa really soon as more momentum builds.
raymond3000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:27 AM   #115
Westsidelife
LAL | LAD | LAK

^ The Downtown News always screws up on the numbers.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 03:03 AM   #116
BEATSLIM

That long strip is INDEED an LED screen. i forget the measurements but it is over 100 feet long
BEATSLIM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 03:06 AM   #117
soup or man
Diamondz...

Likes (Received): 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond3000 View Post
yea it is still very possible that we may all get our Downtown Big 3: Park Fifth, Grand Ave, & LA Central. Did the shorter tower get downsized from 40 to 37 stories? someone should snatch up the plot(s)flanking the Holiday Inn and 8th/figueroa really soon as more momentum builds.
There is no doubt that the big 3 will create loads and loads of development within their radius. LA Live mostly because it's surrounded by empty lots. It won't take long before LA Live creaps upward and onward.

And the LED panels on this thing will probably look like the ones on Planet Hollywood in Vegas. Which is fine because it's awesome.

Old May 22nd, 2008, 03:07 AM   #118
BEATSLIM

^yup i mentioned that earlier in this thread. gonna look really cool
Old May 22nd, 2008, 03:22 AM   #119
BEATSLIM

thanks for all the updates soup!
Old May 22nd, 2008, 09:05 AM   #120
milquetoast
L O S A N G E L E S

Yeah, Soup! You're all over the place today. What's funny is that I haven't worked on that side of town in over a year and I have yet to see the L.E.D. display on 'Planet'! I'll have to get over there.

Tags
dtla, fig central