daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Chicago

Old January 9th, 2008, 07:26 PM   #1
Belacqua

Likes (Received): 0

How to find out the requirements of a PD?

Thought I would appeal to the collective wisdom of the board on how one would go about finding the content of a City of Chicago planned development decree or ordinance or whatever it is. (I'm not even exactly sure what the legislative instrument is--ordinance? rule? variance?)

In any case, is this something that would be in the Journal of Proceedings somewhere, or are they filed separately and just referenced in the Journal? Would the City Clerk have it, or some other office? I'm trying to figure out about both the one I happen to live in, and one that's neighboring. I know the PD numbers, but that's as far as I've gotten.
Belacqua no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 9th, 2008, 07:36 PM   #2
PrintersRowBoiler

Likes (Received): 0

I think it would be considered an ordinance. I have actually gone throught this myself. I went to the library (Harold Washington) and someone was nice enough to help me find the information in the Journal of Proceedings. If you know the PD numbers, you should be OK. Knowing the dates of the approvals (I htink it is on the zoning website) could help too.
PrintersRowBoiler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 07:49 PM   #3
Mr Downtown
Urbane observer

Likes (Received): 4

A PD is an ordinance, just like any other zoning amendment.

If you have the PD number, you can ask for a copy at the zoning desk of DPD, which is temporarily on the 7th floor (I think) of City Hall. There's no charge, but be nice to the receptionist, who imagines herself terribly overworked. You can look up the PD number on the zoning maps, which are online at http://maps.cityofchicago.org/website/zoning/

If you know the date the PD was passed by City Council, you can alternatively just look it up in the Journal of Proceedings, which are on the 5th floor at HWLC. Journals since mid 2006 are also online as PDFs: http://www.chicityclerk.com/citycoun...als/index.html
Mr Downtown no está en línea   Reply With Quote