daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South East Asia > Singapore Skyscraper Forum > The Urban Fabric > Transport / Infrastructure

Old January 25th, 2008, 12:37 PM   #21
JediAlf
May the Force Be With You

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddes View Post
The Thomson Line wasn't really what I had expected but at least when completed, it's only a 150m walk from my home to Kebun Baru.

I wish the TSL could be elevated, it would be very scenic esp from Ang Mo Kio to Woodlands.

3 lines; DTL (Stage 1, 2, 3), TSL and DTL (Southeast section)... I'm impressed, and all by 2020.
BTW southeast section is not part of DTL - entirely new line - Eastern Regional Line.

Now we have 4 lines

- Circle Line
- Downtown Line
- Thomson Line
- Eastern Region Line

Last three lines may be open to new operators...

Last edited by JediAlf; January 25th, 2008 at 12:46 PM.
JediAlf no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 25th, 2008, 01:03 PM   #22
mrtfreak

Likes (Received): 40

I doubt DTL will be opened to new operators. So much about there being only SMRT as a rail operator. But I do hope that SBS T will get at least one more line so that its resources won't seem to be wasted.

I don't see why parts of the line can't be elevated. Not large sections like they have currently, but maybe for 3 stations in between underground sections. It would be a nice change.

With the PSDs, I wonder if they will be installing full height PSDs or the PEDs of the London JLE which do not reach ceiling height. Still, this is exciting news. Yay for CCL3 in 2009.

DTL Construction
TSL Construction
ERL Construction
CCL6 Construction

Search Google Translate for "Death" in Czech. :lol:
mrtfreak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2008, 04:28 PM   #23
Andrew

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtfreak View Post
I doubt DTL will be opened to new operators. So much about there being only SMRT as a rail operator. But I do hope that SBS T will get at least one more line so that its resources won't seem to be wasted.

I don't see why parts of the line can't be elevated. Not large sections like they have currently, but maybe for 3 stations in between underground sections. It would be a nice change.

With the PSDs, I wonder if they will be installing full height PSDs or the PEDs of the London JLE which do not reach ceiling height. Still, this is exciting news. Yay for CCL3 in 2009.
I assumed that for above ground stations they'd be waist height like on the Sentosa Monorail... I'm not sure I like the idea of full height ones unless it meant that the platforms are to be properly sealed and air conditioned, since full height doors could turn the platforms into greenhouses and would block wind so no ventilation.

That's quite a radical transport plan, are there any full documents available to download detailing the plans?
Andrew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2008, 04:35 PM   #24
Nov

Likes (Received): 0

I agree... some of the above ground MRT stations can already be very hot during the day. With the PSD in place, there'll be no ventillation making it hotter. I wonder if the LTA plans to install fans along with the PSDs as well...
Nov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2008, 05:13 PM   #25
blizzardtweaker
****** User

CNA reported that the PSDs would be half-height standing at 1.5m, so no air-con or additional vents will be needed
blizzardtweaker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2008, 07:41 PM   #26
Andrew

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzardtweaker View Post
CNA reported that the PSDs would be half-height standing at 1.5m, so no air-con or additional vents will be needed
That's good.
Andrew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2008, 10:49 PM   #27
kurakura
means tortoise in malay

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzardtweaker View Post
so people who really want to suicide can still climb over them if they r fit enough.
kurakura no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 07:26 AM   #28
^tamago^

^tamago^ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 07:58 AM   #29
kenmin
SingaporeRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick713 View Post
Quote from minister's speech : "From the heart of Marina Bay, a new MRT line, the Thomson Line, will travel northwards, through the Central Business District and up through Ang Mo Kio all the way to Woodlands connecting estates such as Sin Ming, Kebun Baru, Thomson and Kim Seng which do not now have a direct MRT link."

This is not new. There was a Thomson Line drawn out in the URA Concept Plan from 2001. It shows a future line that goes this way: Marina South -> Marina Centre -> Nicoll Highway -> Crawford Street -> Lavender MRT (interchange with EW Line) -> Kitchener Road -> Farrer Park MRT (interchange with NS Line) -> Balestier Road -> Thomson Road -> Sin Ming Road -> Kebun Baru -> Ang Mo Kio -> Yio Chu Kang -> Tagore/Teachers Estate -> along Seletar Expressway -> Admiralty -> Woodlands -> Woodlands Causeway.

The only missing piece to the puzzle: Kim Seng as mentioned in the minister's speech. The above line taken from the Concept Plan 2001 would not be correct anymore if the actual line goes via Kim Seng Road (in River Valley) first instead of via Crawford Street.
Seems that they have merged the northern part of Thomson line with the Southern portion of Seletar line. They have probably decided not to build Seletar line. Those from Seletar will take the North Shore line and transfer at Punggol station to go to the city centre.
kenmin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 08:00 AM   #30
kenmin
SingaporeRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by redstone View Post
Interesting. But a large section of the line runs inside the central catchment area?
It's not inside but beside.
kenmin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 09:04 AM   #31
y2koh

Likes (Received): 95

Here what I think the 2 lines will be aligned, with the stations... just an educated guess and looking at the published drawings from ST

y2koh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 09:53 AM   #32
y2koh

Likes (Received): 95

Stations:
TS18 - riverside: admiralty park, republic poly
TS17 - woodlands (NSL): woodlands regional centre
TS16 - admiralty south: singapore sports school, innova JC, woodlands N5
TS15 - mandai: connections to singapore zoo, mandai columbarium, springleaf estate
TS14 - tagore: lentor estate, tagore ind. park
TS13 - kebun bahru: ang mo kio N1/6, yio chu kang gardens
TS12 - mayflower: ang mo kio N1/2, mayflower estate, st nicholas sch, mayflower sec
TS11 - sin ming: sin ming estate, bright hill temple, thomson plaza
TS10 - shunfu: shunfu estate, former lakeview estate (redevelopments?)
TS9 - thomson (CCL): braddell hill, mt alvernia
TS8 - whitley (BTL): SJI, raffles town club, SCGS, kheam hock estate
TS7 - draycott: draycott, balmoral, goodwood, orange grove and ardmore estates, RGS
TS6 - orchard (NSL): claymore/paterson estate, orchard road, tanglin
TS5 - kim seng: river valley road area, leonie hill, great world city
TS4 - havelock: ganges ave area (hotels), robertson quay, zion road estate
TS3 - outram park (EWL/NEL): general hospital, police hq, pearl's hill
TS2 - maxwell/tanjong pagar (EWL?): maxwell area offices, MND, temasek tower
TS1/ER1 - marina bay (NSL)

depnding whether the 2 lines will be continuous or level seperated at marina bay (like harbourfront), whether the announced 12 stations for ERL includes marina bay might be debatable

ER2 - gardens by the bay / bay gardens / gardens?
ER3 - tanjung rhu: tanjung rhu, dunman high
ER4 - meyer: meyer estate, fort road area
ER5 - amber: amber road, tanjong katong road area (if 12 stn include marina bay, amber may combine with meyer stn and simply named tanjong katong?)
ER6 - marine parade: parkway parade, marine parde central, roxy square, joo chiat road
ER7 - teluk kurau / marine terrace / st patrick's
ER8 - siglap: siglap estate, mandarin gardens/neptune court, victoria sch
ER9 - bayshore: bayshore estate, bedok south, upper east coast road
ER10 - bedok point: east wood estate, kew drive, bedok road area
ER11 - changi south: changi south ind estate, xilin ave (another stn that could be omitted)
ER12 - changi airport (will have to build at underground connection - pedestrian/people mover?mrt extension? to connect to existing station)
ER13 - changi coast: airport logistics centre, changi airshow, ferry terminal
y2koh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 10:04 AM   #33
kurakura
means tortoise in malay

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2koh View Post
Here what I think the 2 lines will be aligned, with the stations... just an educated guess and looking at the published drawings from ST

there is quite some distance between the stations around mandai. i wonder if they will build empty station shells in between.

one day the greens will have to go for development.
kurakura no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 10:41 AM   #34
blizzardtweaker
****** User

shunfu station probably wont be in TSL cos Shunfu Estate is actually an exit for CCL Marymount Stn... the next nearest possibility would be be Thompson Plaza/Upp Thompson food belt (Upp Thompson Road)

could u maybe post the google earth file of your guess of the line?
blizzardtweaker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 11:17 AM   #35
Nov

I'm wondering what's the reason for interchanging with Outram Park and Tanjong Pagar MRT stations. Outram Park is already congested as it currently is. An interchange there will maybe make it unsafe.
Old January 26th, 2008, 12:16 PM   #36
Nov

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmin View Post
Seems that they have merged the northern part of Thomson line with the Southern portion of Seletar line. They have probably decided not to build Seletar line. Those from Seletar will take the North Shore line and transfer at Punggol station to go to the city centre.
Maybe the North Shore line has now been merged with the ERL? The ERL is from Marina South/Centre to Changi Village (at least that's what's being shown) and we know that the North Shore Line is along the North coast...
Old January 26th, 2008, 03:10 PM   #37
RafflesCity
By Spirit

Likes (Received): 38

y2koh

Nice plan. I think for the NS-line extension, possible 2 stations after Marina Bay.
One will stop at the cruise centre, another will go to the future residential area of Marina South and also serve the Barrage.
RafflesCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 03:29 PM   #38
DRSG

Advance party already out.More to come till LTA comes out with the final version.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...1362&z=13&om=0
DRSG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 05:53 PM   #39
JediAlf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov View Post
I'm wondering what's the reason for interchanging with Outram Park and Tanjong Pagar MRT stations. Outram Park is already congested as it currently is. An interchange there will maybe make it unsafe.
Tanjong Pagar and Outram Park have vacant lands that were not touched for ages.

This explains why there is long passageway in Outram Park. Obviously, they have plans to connect another line there. Somewhere the wall along this underpass connecting two existing stations - NEL and EWL - would open to newest line.

These stations are city stations - nearly all stations in central area have been marked to be interchanges.

You need to have all lines intersecting in central area - to relieve the congestion on all lines. With more lines connecting, it would be amazed to zip from line to another line.

Stations with 3 lines
- Dhoby Ghaut
- Outram Park
- Marina Bay (4 lines) if really happened - it will be the largest interchange or Marina South (3 lines)
Old January 26th, 2008, 05:59 PM   #40
JediAlf

Thomson Line to Changi Airport

Thomson Line to Changi Airport is very interesting!

If I am not wrong, Terminal 4 would be under planning already by this time. Not sure if Thomson Line goes to Terminal 4 instead.

The existing EWL may be extending from current Changi Airport to Terminal 4...

Tags
mrt