daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 9th, 2008, 11:47 AM   #61
GTR22
お好み焼き!

Likes (Received): 1

I got it to work and found lots of routes. Problem is a lot of them is missing the trains and dont exactly know which goes for which. Anyways i have a problem, the Hazonmo line and the Iyama line the train never seems to move. I try to make it go and the doors have closed but they just wont move. These line seem great so i was wondering if anyone knew how to fix it.
GTR22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2008, 08:09 PM   #62
canadave87

Likes (Received): 14

Is the train on? Some of the more detailed trains have start-up sequences you need to go through.

Generally, it's something like:

Reverser to forward, then neutral
Turn off alarm
Hold 2 to start engine\raise panto
canadave87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2008, 03:58 PM   #63
jerryonhere

Likes (Received): 0

It is amazing, truly. I tried some of the LU routes. The worst part is braking the train and I am always forced to use the Emergency Brake.
jerryonhere no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2008, 04:06 PM   #64
RawLee

Likes (Received): 962

http://www.bveklub.hu/

It has lines such as
-millennial underground
-u/c M4 line!
-tramlines 57,58 and 2
-conventional railway
-any many more stuff!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures about

and
Budapest
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2008, 12:01 PM   #65
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

Likes (Received): 9

i love this program but i didn't played it for a long time..

i noticed that on some london underground lines (i can't remember which one) i couldn't climb up with train... i was going from a station and tried to accelerate but it wasn't enough to climb and train started going backwards... so i went back one station and accelerated to the max speed and still couldn't climb the hill...
i'm not sure what happened, but hill is too steep for train and that was the only thing that annoyed me then...
has this happen to anyone else?

DJZG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2008, 01:47 PM   #66
Substructure
Freedom

Likes (Received): 7528

Now that OpenBVE is out, there should be more compatibility between the two proprietary versions.
Have a look at http://openbve.zxq.net/ and http://openbve.freeforums.org/

This is an open source rewrite of BVE, with a lot of improvements added to it and cross platform capabilities, so it will also run on Mac and Linux.
Substructure no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 02:50 PM   #67
cal_t
Transport Advocate

Likes (Received): 13

What are the controls? I still can't drive a train! Most websites are not comprehensive enough!
Old August 26th, 2008, 05:38 PM   #68
LondonBVE

The british trains requires a more comprehensive startup to add in realism. You must put your reverser to N and change your throttle to B1. Press 2 (not the 2 on your numpad) and hold. Depending on the train, usually a diesel train will start within a few seconds but electric train can take longer. There is also a fully workable ATO routes (KTR West Rail, HK). The braking also depends alot on the track, if it is raining you can't expect the train to enter the station at 40 MPH and expect it to stop, just like you did on dry routes. Same goes for slopes and curve, they work the same way as real life. If it is a down slope and you are braking, you don't expect the brakes to work as well on a straight tracks and vice versa.

The only route so far I encountered that uses alot of memory is Network West Midlands, Birmingham CrossCity South and Jubilee Line which uses quite a lot of memory but usually a 512 MB RAM is able to run without problems. Below is the file directory to store your routes etc...

For Routes:
*HD*:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railways\Routes\...
For Objects:
*HD*:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railways\Objects\...
For Sound:
*HD*:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Railways\Sound\...
For Train:
*HD*:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Train\...

If you encountered a "Cannot find train" error, it is either you have not installed the train, you did not install into the right folder. The route finds it train by pointing it to its folder name in the train's directory. Some routes also requires additional add-ons such as signals etc...

Note: BVE 2.6.3, 4.2 do not work with Windows Vista (orginal) and Graphics Card that supports DirectX 10 (Eg. GeForce 8 Series, ATI Radeon R6000 series). There is a workaround for Vista but not for graphics card but a brand new version from the author (BVE 5) which is still in Alpha phrase is coming out soon while meanwhile OpenBVE is already there for you.
Old June 13th, 2009, 09:24 AM   #69
Hybrid 87
a.k.a. The King Arthur

Likes (Received): 494

Public Transport Simulation

Any one know a "normal" public transport simulator for PC?
I don't mean a driver type simulator, but a tycoon type simulator. There was "Traffic Giant" a few years ago - I mean something like that.

- just some boring video game review site ...
Hybrid 87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2009, 02:19 AM   #70
thecarlost
Me auto-Bahn

Likes (Received): 9

Now, what you mean by "Normal"?

If you want to model traffic in a certain metro area there are plenty of prgrams you could go for. Tranus, Sidra Intersections, ...lots!
thecarlost no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2009, 09:12 AM   #71
Hybrid 87
a.k.a. The King Arthur

Well I meant more just like a PC game ... nothing so serious ... I know a few such programms, but they lack a real task :p ... I want a more "Tycoon type" game

Old June 14th, 2009, 06:26 PM   #72
dale88

Likes (Received): 8

You can try Simutrans which is a very good game, with realistic vehicles, trains and planes.
dale88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2009, 09:41 PM   #73
Hybrid 87
a.k.a. The King Arthur

oh yeah ... I remember that thing

I remembered another simulation ... it was also freeware ... It combained Simcity with Traffic Giant ... well - you build a city (not so cool and good as Sim City), and make bus routes ... I just can't remember the name

Old June 15th, 2009, 04:37 AM   #74
numbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid 87 View Post
oh yeah ... I remember that thing

I remembered another simulation ... it was also freeware ... It combained Simcity with Traffic Giant ... well - you build a city (not so cool and good as Sim City), and make bus routes ... I just can't remember the name
Mobility? http://www.mobility-online.de/en/inf...formation.html
numbat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2009, 08:28 PM   #75
Hybrid 87
a.k.a. The King Arthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbat View Post
that's the one ... thanks

Old June 19th, 2009, 03:50 PM   #76
lordcreso

Likes (Received): 462

I love Transport Tycoon but it´s quite old...
Old June 19th, 2009, 11:38 PM   #77
Ele
All-in

Likes (Received): 47

Besides, quite "unrealistic" because you don´t have any big cities (although many ones can grow close together) it wasn´t all that "mass transit" oriented. I have entertained the idea of making one of those, and one key feature would be that there wouldn´t be one single aspect to improve (think fare cost, building cost, maintenance, coverage, speed, frequency, etc), all would be in-game goals, just like in real life. You could also have "scenarios", based on real life cities. It´d be nice. Besides, being focused on the mass transit aspect, it would be more realistic (you can build subway in SimCity, but it is Station-to-Station connection, it doesn´t take lines into account, for example).