daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > East Asia > Korean Forum 한국 공개토론

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 25th, 2008, 12:35 PM   #1
princeofseoul
digging

Likes (Received): 148

Pictures of Busan Neighborhoods - Best Selection

I took a vacation away from the bad weather and I came to busan for one week. I'll be here till monday and will feed you some pics.

It's been 10 years since I last came and things have changed a little. Busan stands out in Korea since it's the only city which is sort of 'independent' of Seoul . It lags a bit behind for certain things, but is nonetheless a quite fine city.

Anyhow, here goes!

First, 3 shots of Busandae, a nightlife 'hood about 8 kms north of downtown. Feels like Sinchon, but with more shopping.

Pictures of Busandae, Busan Neighborhoods, February 2008.
View picture in 1024x768 pixels. View Busandae on map.

Last edited by princeofseoul; February 25th, 2008 at 01:06 PM.
princeofseoul no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 25th, 2008, 12:39 PM   #2
princeofseoul
digging

A couple of pics from Haeundae beach neighborhood.

This stupid bird flew in front just as I was taking the pic. Arg. Pictures of Haeundae, Busan Neighborhoods, February 2008.
View picture in 1010x525 pixels. View Haeundae on map.

Pictures of Haeundae, Busan Neighborhoods, February 2008.
View picture in 997x627 pixels. View Haeundae on map.

Pictures of Haeundae, Busan Neighborhoods, February 2008.
View picture in 996x732 pixels. View Haeundae on map.

Last edited by princeofseoul; February 25th, 2008 at 01:07 PM.
Old February 25th, 2008, 12:45 PM   #3
princeofseoul
digging

The Dalmachi hills! or is it gil? not sure lol..

Pictures of Dalmachi, Busan Neighborhoods, February 2008.
View picture in 1024x768 pixels. View Dalmachi on map.

Pictures of Dalmachi, Busan Neighborhoods, February 2008.
View picture in 1024x768 pixels. View Dalmachi on map.
Old February 25th, 2008, 12:50 PM   #4
princeofseoul
digging

Seomyeon (Downtown) on a sunday morning. This neighborhood is a bit like Gangnam in Seoul.

Pictures of Seomyeon, Busan Neighborhoods, February 2008.
View picture in 1024x768 pixels. View Seomyeon on map.

View picture in 768x1024 pixels. View Seomyeon on map.

Last edited by princeofseoul; March 7th, 2008 at 12:56 AM.
Old February 25th, 2008, 09:17 PM   #5
Locust

Likes (Received): 0

wow... the Haewoondae pictures(with and without the seagull) have a kind of european feel...
Locust no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 02:08 AM   #6
princeofseoul
digging

Haeundae-gu is quite nice -- a mix of Bundang and french riviera. It's big as well, I think the pop. is in excess of 500,000.

Last edited by princeofseoul; February 26th, 2008 at 02:52 AM.
Old February 26th, 2008, 12:57 PM   #7
princeofseoul
digging

Houses, Busan style. Compared to the Seoulites, the Busanites use less brick and stone, yielding more vibrant colours in the backalleys.
Pictures of Jangjeondong, Busan Neighborhoods, February 2008.
View picture in 990x732 pixels. View Jangjeondong on map.

Apartments. In Busan, about 50% live in houses, and 50% live in apartment blocks such as this one (this number comes from a perhaps unreliable and certainly unofficial source uh uh, but seems accurate).
View picture in 732x908 pixels. View Busandae on map.

Some newly-developed residential towers near Busan National University subway station. Pictures of Busandae, Busan Neighborhoods, February 2008.
View picture in 768x1024 pixels. View Busandae on map.
Old February 27th, 2008, 04:24 AM   #8
waterloo
긴生머리의그女

Likes (Received): 6

Haeundae looks so nice and lately its a really popular place for dica-joks. But of course, Busanians (?) all know that our best beach is actually Songdo! Not as big as Haeundae but they have the best hiking trails behind the beach and its really nice if you go there with your lover. BTW, awesome pictures as usual POS. Dont know how you make your pictures so crispy like this. Do you fry them in a deep fryer? Ahahahahahahaha! just kidding!

-feverwin-
waterloo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2008, 04:26 AM   #9
waterloo
긴生머리의그女

Oh also, I thought you were at Toronto right now. How did you get all the way to Busan??

-feverwin-
Old February 27th, 2008, 09:46 PM   #10
mello
babylon falling

Hi everyone, I want to introduce myself to the Korea forum. I've been mostly on SSP lately but I've been there and here since 2001. I will be moving to Busan in 8 days to teach English! I'm very excited. I have never travelled to Asia before so this is going to be something totally new for me.

For an urban enthusiast it definitely looks like Busan is coming up. The amount of talls is quite impressive so I think there should be plenty for me to explore. I will be living in the PNU area and that seems to be a decent centrally located place to stay.

I'm very happy to be in a coastal city as well. Coming from San Diego I love the ocean and having water nearby! So Busan fits the bill for sure. No waves though haha.

I also like the fact that the terrain is very rugged in Korean. I love hills and mountains. Flat cities are so boring to me. So I look forward to meeting those of you who live in Busan. I will keep you updated and share feelings on this fine Asian city when I arrive.
mello no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2008, 11:25 PM   #11
Top Gear
urbanator

Busan's weather looks great from these pictures. That's the kind of winter I'd want to have, not like the -25C windchill we had today.
Anyways, enjoy your stay Prince.

mello, I don't think any forumers here actually live in Busan but do keep us updated with pictures and your thoughts.
Old February 28th, 2008, 12:33 AM   #12
princeofseoul
digging

the weather is much better here lol.. I'm enjoying -- thanks !

@waterloo, no I don't put my pics in the deep fryer haha, but I have a very good camera that takes sharp looking pics when it's sunny outside. I came to busan by airplane of course .

@mello, I think you'll like busan! Haeundae-gu rocks -- in my opinion, the best spot in korea! PNU is however not central, it's about 8 kms north of downtown (seomyeon) near the northern edge of the city. But it's nonetheless a great spot. Very lively, lots of pretty girls, tons of restaurants, bars, etc, and clean (no red lighting). Don't forget to feed us some pics of busan once you get there he he.

Last edited by princeofseoul; February 28th, 2008 at 12:48 AM.
Old February 28th, 2008, 03:03 AM   #13
waterloo
긴生머리의그女

@POS
Ya~of course plane! hahaha!

@Mello
Busan is my hometown but our family moved to Seoul and I live in Montreal right now, so I really dont have any chance to visit there anymore but,, Busan is an awesome city I can tell you. You can go to Seomyun if you want to feel the true urban vibrate or go to Geumjungsan fortress if you want to see the rugged terrain of Busan.

Oh also, Busan gets heavy annual rainfall and prone to at least 2 or 3 typhoons during the typhoon season! But its really not bad as long as you stay indoors!

-feverwin-
Old February 28th, 2008, 04:35 AM   #14
mello
babylon falling

Thanks guys for all your kind words. I am very excited to experience a different culture. Funny when I looked on a subway map it looked like PNU was kind of close to being in the middle of everthing, oh well guess it is more on the North end of the city.

@ Waterloo: how much rain does Busan normally get. I did see that the hills near the ocean are heavily forested. However some of the shots of hills I've seen look kind of brown. I'm not used to much rain coming from San Diego so that will be a big change. Does it usually rain all day or come in short bursts of downpours. Here in California it is usually cloudy all day with rain and then cloudy the next day. We don't get thunderstorms/downpours.
Old February 28th, 2008, 04:50 AM   #15
princeofseoul
digging

I can answer one question: the brownish colors on the hills are not due to lack of rain but rather to lack of leaves in the trees (it's the winter). The hills should look all green in the summer.
Old February 28th, 2008, 05:24 AM   #16
mello
babylon falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by princeofseoul View Post
I can answer one question: the brownish colors on the hills are not due to lack of rain but rather to lack of leaves in the trees (it's the winter). The hills should look all green in the summer.
Thanks prince, but I have seen photos of large stands of pine trees on the hills just past Haeundae and those don't loose leaves right?? I would think the hills with pines would remain green but maybe only select areas have that kind of vegetation.
Old February 28th, 2008, 05:46 AM   #17
princeofseoul
digging

Quote:
Originally Posted by mello View Post
Thanks prince, but I have seen photos of large stands of pine trees on the hills just past Haeundae and those don't loose leaves right?? I would think the hills with pines would remain green but maybe only select areas have that kind of vegetation.
yeah, the hills are a mix of trees with leaves (brown now) and pine trees (green now).
Old February 29th, 2008, 12:59 AM   #18
waterloo
긴生머리의그女

Quote:
Thanks guys for all your kind words. I am very excited to experience a different culture. Funny when I looked on a subway map it looked like PNU was kind of close to being in the middle of everthing, oh well guess it is more on the North end of the city.

@ Waterloo: how much rain does Busan normally get. I did see that the hills near the ocean are heavily forested. However some of the shots of hills I've seen look kind of brown. I'm not used to much rain coming from San Diego so that will be a big change. Does it usually rain all day or come in short bursts of downpours. Here in California it is usually cloudy all day with rain and then cloudy the next day. We don't get thunderstorms/downpours.
Quote:
Being located on the temperate zone, Busan has an oceanic climate, which in general offers mild climatic condition all through out the year. The city's average temperature is 15 degrees Celsius (59 degrees Fahrenheit), and average precipitation totals 239.7 cm annually.
dont really remember clearly but when it rains in Busan, it is usually a pouring rain which lasts for entire day. Sometimes you see short bursts too. Sorry, not very descriptive...

-feverwin-
Old February 29th, 2008, 05:45 AM   #19
Locust

Quote:
Hi everyone, I want to introduce myself to the Korea forum. I've been mostly on SSP lately but I've been there and here since 2001. I will be moving to Busan in 8 days to teach English! I'm very excited. I have never travelled to Asia before so this is going to be something totally new for me.

For an urban enthusiast it definitely looks like Busan is coming up. The amount of talls is quite impressive so I think there should be plenty for me to explore. I will be living in the PNU area and that seems to be a decent centrally located place to stay.

I'm very happy to be in a coastal city as well. Coming from San Diego I love the ocean and having water nearby! So Busan fits the bill for sure. No waves though haha.

I also like the fact that the terrain is very rugged in Korean. I love hills and mountains. Flat cities are so boring to me. So I look forward to meeting those of you who live in Busan. I will keep you updated and share feelings on this fine Asian city when I arrive.

I wish you good luck with your new job in Busan.
I know San Diego quite well... (La Jolla, Coronado, Mission Bay, etc)...
San Diego as America's "finest city" has a killer scenery where ever
you turn to look.

As you've never been in Asia, Busan (and Korea in general) will look
incredibly crowded... beyond your imagination..

I have a formula against Busan not meeting with your expectations....
....Just keep your expectations realistic... Other than that, get ready to rock!!
Locust no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2008, 02:45 PM   #20
princeofseoul
digging

Some pics of Nampo-dong. Nampo-dong is one of the two major downtowns of Busan along with Seomyeon. Seomyeon is newer and feels a bit like Gangnam while Nampo-dong is older and feels a bit like Myeong-dong. A distance of 7km separate the two.

I had a very filling Chokpal (족발) meal with soju here on Friday night. It was great!

Anyhow, tons of bars and restaurants, and tons of neons as well.

Main street.Pictures of Nampo-dong, Busan Neighborhoods, February 2008.
View picture in 1024x768 pixels. View Nampo-dong on map.

Main street.Pictures of Nampo-dong, Busan Neighborhoods, February 2008.
View picture in 1024x768 pixels. View Nampo-dong on map.

Last edited by princeofseoul; June 10th, 2008 at 02:39 AM.