daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Cityscapes

Cityscapes discussion, photography and news of towns, cities, districts and states.

Old December 15th, 2007, 11:22 AM   #241
nazrey

Likes (Received): 1978

by Che Na

nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 4th, 2008, 09:53 AM   #242
nazrey

Quote:
image hosted on flickr
Audio-visual facility for Alor Star Tower
Friday January 4, 2008
TheStar

VISITORS to the Alor Star Tower will learn about local history and other attractions in Kedah via the newly introduced audio-visual facility that will be played in eleven languages.

An MP4 player will be placed at the viewing deck to help tourists understand and appreciate the historical background and functions of the various attractions in the state.

Kuala Lumpur Tower chief executive officer Datuk Zulkifli Mohamad said the management decided to use foreign languages because more foreigners were visiting the Alor Star Tower during their stay in Kedah.

The audio visual narration would be made in English, Chinese, Thai, Arabic, French, German, Korean, Japanese, Ita-lian, Spanish and Russian languages, he added.

Speaking to reporters at the Media and Hospitality Nite recently, Zulkifli said the management had set a target of 150,000 visitors this year.

A total of 87,118 people visited the tower from January until November last year, he added.

The Alor Star Tower, built 10 years ago at a cost of RM40 million, is the second tallest structure in Malaysia at 165.5m. Facilities at the tower include a viewing deck, a revolving restaurant, souvenir outlet and a conference room.

It is open daily from 9am to 10pm and visitors to the viewing deck are charged RM6 each for adults and RM3 each for children.
Old January 20th, 2008, 07:17 PM   #243
stratus_magnus
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

what the real height of holiday villa hotel????i just wonder it....plezz tell me...

stratus_magnus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2008, 07:24 PM   #244
stratus_magnus
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

new shopping complex in alor star

giant
stratus_magnus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 01:04 PM   #245
Zulhelmi

Likes (Received): 48

Ugh! Hate how people look down on Alor Star. I live here and of course I feel very sad about you guys :P

But anyway, AS is nothing compared to the least Penang or JB but it is developing very fast. I lived in Kota Bharu for 5 months, been to Penang and KL alot of times and I still consider AS is the best because it is probably the cleanest city of all!

I also like the way Kedah is developing, it spreads everywhere. Like we have alot of urban areas in every part of the state like Alor Star, Jitra, Sungai Petani, Kulim and Kuah. Not like Kelantan, only Kota Bharu, Terengganu with the one and only Kuala Terengganu, and same goes for Perak. I dont even know other towns/cities other than JB in Johor.
Zulhelmi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 05:38 PM   #246
proud_penangite
I'm sexy and I know it

Likes (Received): 3

Alor Setar best what.
My maklong lives there.
Aku suka Souq Al-Bukhary mall sebab unik tapi dia perlu ada banyak kedai lagi sbb banyak kosong.
Old March 15th, 2008, 05:58 AM   #247
Zulhelmi

It's a very good thing to know that Alor Star DOES have a skyline. My favorite building in Alor Star would be the Menara Alor Star, Bangunan UMNO Kedah (in front of Pekan Rabu) and Menara KWSP-Peladang (right beside the big BSN building)

Good news! Wisma Perkeso, a 7-storey building is already finished. Located along Jalan Telok Wanjah, the ground used to be Convent School.

Low shutter speed shot. Guess where it is.

http://zellowpages.wordpress.com/200.../vibrant-star/
Old March 15th, 2008, 06:14 AM   #248
Zulhelmi

Some old pics I took, back in 2005 I think.

Kedah Medical Center, near Wisma Darul Aman.

Freshly tarred bridge, Jambatan Tambang Badak connecting Mergong and Jalan Tambang Badang, all the way to Telok Wanjah Roundabout.

Holiday Villa Alor Star, one of the city's top notch hotels. The other would be StarCity Hotel.

Kolej Sultan Abdul Hamid, one of the city's architecture. Very British Colonial-era. This is my current school.

Other angle.

I honestly think that Alor Star has one of the most beautiful skies in Malaysia.

Recent one of Zahir Mosque.

Another recent one. My school field, overlooking Holiday Villa Alor Star. Just 5 minutes walk.
Old March 15th, 2008, 01:35 PM   #249
skyscraperboy

Likes (Received): 10

I saw they are building a 8 or 9 storeys an office tower. (but dont know what road). Ade kan??
Hg x nk ambk pic ke Zul???
Old March 16th, 2008, 12:33 PM   #250
Zulhelmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraperboy View Post
I saw they are building a 8 or 9 storeys an office tower. (but dont know what road). Ade kan??
Hg x nk ambk pic ke Zul???
Yeah, no photos yet. 7-storey office building actually. The Kedah Police Department building is going to be one of the best looking building ever! 12-storey and based on the pic they shown, it is very futuristic.

Also, some police apartments are already taking shape and dominating the skyline from my school. They're like twin towers actually.
Old March 17th, 2008, 05:53 AM   #251
sc4

Likes (Received): 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulhelmi View Post
Ugh! Hate how people look down on Alor Star. I live here and of course I feel very sad about you guys :P

But anyway, AS is nothing compared to the least Penang or JB but it is developing very fast. I lived in Kota Bharu for 5 months, been to Penang and KL alot of times and I still consider AS is the best because it is probably the cleanest city of all!

I also like the way Kedah is developing, it spreads everywhere. Like we have alot of urban areas in every part of the state like Alor Star, Jitra, Sungai Petani, Kulim and Kuah. Not like Kelantan, only Kota Bharu, Terengganu with the one and only Kuala Terengganu, and same goes for Perak. I dont even know other towns/cities other than JB in Johor.
Tat shows you have not really travelled much throughout the other states.
sc4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 06:43 AM   #252
brain_failure

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:

i disagree. go to johor n c how many big cities/towns it has. Other than JB, there r many other big towns like Muar, Batu Pahat, Kluang etc. I think even Batu Pahat and muar r bigger n more developed than AS.
Now take a look at melaka. It has many tiny town eg. Bandar melaka, bukit baru, cheng, batu berendam, ayer keroh etc. all the towns are developing fast and spreading til today, all of the towns join to form a city of melaka.
brain_failure no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 08:36 AM   #253
sc4

Likes (Received): 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain_failure View Post
i disagree. go to johor n c how many big cities/towns it has. Other than JB, there r many other big towns like Muar, Batu Pahat, Kluang etc. I think even Batu Pahat and muar r bigger n more developed than AS.
Now take a look at melaka. It has many tiny town eg. Bandar melaka, bukit baru, cheng, batu berendam, ayer keroh etc. all the towns are developing fast and spreading til today, all of the towns join to form a city of melaka.
Like I said, he hasn't travelled out much to other states....
sc4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 01:02 PM   #254
Zulhelmi

LOL Yeah, my bad. So far, I've been to almost everywhere throughout Kedah, Kangar, Kota Bharu, KL/Selangor, Ipoh, Penang, Kuching, Melaka and Kota Kinabalu.

Old March 23rd, 2008, 10:15 AM   #255
nazrey

by fliptopbox14

image hosted on flickr

by ~ GAB ~

Old April 18th, 2008, 07:42 AM   #256
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Likes (Received): 948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
any in4 4 dis project???

The Sentosa Regency Hotel, Alor Setar, Kedah, is the most popular hotel in Alor Setar with more than 80 rooms and a biggest wedding hall in town. The hotel is a haven of warmth and comfort, accompanied by friendly, "impeccable" smile to make you feel right at home. Our guest rooms are tastefully furnished and equipped with modern amenities, for your comfort and convenience.

Last edited by rizalhakim; April 18th, 2008 at 07:48 AM.
rizalhakim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 08:14 AM   #257
alsen
Celebrity Fitness

Likes (Received): 0

By Real Malaysia

i hate JKR building's colour and the big DAULAT TUANKU sign there.other than that..lovely.btw,Zulhelmi..please update us with new pictures .

Well done is better than well said... Benjamin franklin
alsen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 01:28 PM   #258
Zulhelmi

Those are old pics. Southern Bank is a history, like 3 years ago. I like the new proposed extension of Sentosa Regency. If that happens, then Star City Hotel will have a new on the same par competitor. Star City Hotel is 10 minutes walk from Sentosa.

On going projects in Alor Star:
- 12-storey Polis Kedah HQ at Jalan Stadium [very ambitious I think, the 3D rendering on the board is totally different from the rest Alor Star's architecture]
- Upgrading the square in front of Masjid Zahir (aka Paris) [they cut down all the trees and you can really see a good skyline of Alor Star]
- Opening soon 7-storey Perkeso building in Jalan Telok Wanjah [the colour wasn't so nice]
- Opening soon new gov buildings in Anak Bukit aka Mini Putrajaya [located 10 minites drive from the airport]
- Upgrading the square in front of Wisma Darul Aman (state gov office and assembly hall) [currently in delay, maybe because of the new Oppositions-led gov]
- Opening soon the extension building of Wisma Darul Aman [extended at the back of the current building, took some of the space in Taman Jubli Perak aka Taman Rimba (recreational park]
- Upgrading the Kedah Royal Club near Pumpong.
- Opening soon Tesco in Jalan Lencong Barat [above Mergong and near Alor Star Mall
- Already opened a 3-storey building in Jalan Telok Wanjah with Bata Shoes as the current and only tenant. It is the largest Bata in North Region.

That's all I can think from what I remembered.
Old April 26th, 2008, 02:45 AM   #259
alsen
Celebrity Fitness

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Those are old pics. Southern Bank is a history, like 3 years ago. I like the new proposed extension of Sentosa Regency. If that happens, then Star City Hotel will have a new on the same par competitor. Star City Hotel is 10 minutes walk from Sentosa.

On going projects in Alor Star:
- 12-storey Polis Kedah HQ at Jalan Stadium [very ambitious I think, the 3D rendering on the board is totally different from the rest Alor Star's architecture]
- Upgrading the square in front of Masjid Zahir (aka Paris) [they cut down all the trees and you can really see a good skyline of Alor Star]
- Opening soon 7-storey Perkeso building in Jalan Telok Wanjah [the colour wasn't so nice]
- Opening soon new gov buildings in Anak Bukit aka Mini Putrajaya [located 10 minites drive from the airport]
- Upgrading the square in front of Wisma Darul Aman (state gov office and assembly hall) [currently in delay, maybe because of the new Oppositions-led gov]
- Opening soon the extension building of Wisma Darul Aman [extended at the back of the current building, took some of the space in Taman Jubli Perak aka Taman Rimba (recreational park]
- Upgrading the Kedah Royal Club near Pumpong.
- Opening soon Tesco in Jalan Lencong Barat [above Mergong and near Alor Star Mall
- Already opened a 3-storey building in Jalan Telok Wanjah with Bata Shoes as the current and only tenant. It is the largest Bata in North Region.

That's all I can think from what I remembered.
yea..i've seen Polis HQ rendering last year.no doubt its going to be the best looking building in Alor Staq.any latest news about new project near the Alor Star Selatan toll plaza? cant recall the name.

Well done is better than well said... Benjamin franklin
alsen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2008, 12:26 PM   #260
Zulhelmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsen View Post
yea..i've seen Polis HQ rendering last year.no doubt its going to be the best looking building in Alor Staq.any latest news about new project near the Alor Star Selatan toll plaza? cant recall the name.
My classmate said the project is taking shape and it's called Star Gate, near the Alor Star South toll exit.

Tesco is actually part of a new township development called Star City.