daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > West > Ahmedabad

Ahmedabad Project news from the Ahmedabad Metropolitan Region - Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT)

Old March 16th, 2008, 10:03 PM   #61
bhopalus

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindustani View Post
Jai

Great find. however. The only 2 impressive towers are the DIAMOND TOWER & round cylindrical supertall titled with "transportation hub". Other are too ordinary & blockish. I hope this is a working design like Lanco hills initials. They were too blockish & dull including the signature tower but 1 yr later, things totally changed drastically. I hope this goes the same way.
it's all impressive because turning gandhinagar into a future mumbai. even those blockish dull towers are groundbreaking because they're tall, they're densely packed, and they're PLANNED (meaning wide roads, sidewalks, urban transport, etc)
bhopalus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 17th, 2008, 03:49 AM   #62
IU
->

GIFT-II sounds great.

I'd like to see it come up somewhere around Surat, right on the DMIC just like GIFT. This time, instead of having finance as the main driving force of development, they should ponder upon having IT/ITES as the driving force.

GIIT anyone?
IU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 05:47 AM   #63
bhopalus

Likes (Received): 11

yeah, they really need to build it at a port city like surat or pordbandar or something so in 100 years gujarat and maha can jointly prove their supremacy over UAE
bhopalus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 06:29 AM   #64
shivy

Likes (Received): 0

man if gift 2 is in surat i will be so happy, a supertall in my city would be incredible
shivy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 09:33 PM   #65
Nitro
The Don

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivy View Post
man if gift 2 is in surat i will be so happy, a supertall in my city would be incredible
wow gujarat is doing amazingly well. but i think to start talking about GIFT II already is a bit soon. it wud be nice if the next IFC in the country came up in another state, u gujaratis r making the rest of us look bad.
Old March 17th, 2008, 09:36 PM   #66
Illusionist
India under construction.

Likes (Received): 961

Gujrat should build GIFT II in rajasthan, after all a gift is to be given not kept for yourself
Old March 17th, 2008, 09:43 PM   #67
Nitro
The Don

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indrajal.com View Post
Gujrat should build GIFT II in rajasthan, after all a gift is to be given not kept for yourself
hahahahaha.
Old March 17th, 2008, 10:43 PM   #68
qwertyasd
India Waiting

Likes (Received): 1

actually rajasthan is not a bad idea considering that it is along the DMIC. But will the supporting infra be sufficient? i am not sure.
qwertyasd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2008, 03:44 PM   #69
..devil..

here is proof that this project is just a gimmick and PR propaganda

the "diamond" tower.
dont you guys see whats wrong here?
i will let you guys guess.
..devil.. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2008, 04:45 PM   #70
Illusionist

Floors are not parallel to the ground?
Old March 28th, 2008, 09:25 PM   #71
..devil..

yep
the only thing that tops the over the top ugliness of the tower is its astonishing impracticality.
you cannot have glass panels leaning outwards in such a tall building. its never been attempted before. heck the sleek glass hancock tower in boston had 200 kilo glass panels falling on to the streets a month after they were installed and they were not even leaning outwards. doesnt matter though because it wont be built.

Old March 29th, 2008, 12:02 AM   #72
Jai
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः

Location: Haleiwa, Oahu, HI :. Waianae, Oahu, HI :. DETROIT, MI
Likes (Received): 61

I see my previous comment was deleted.

It's amazing the nutty ways people try to tear down this project. Rather than see 999 ways this project is underway, they choose 1 unilaterally perceived and completely argumentative point, harp on that, and claim it is "proof"

Mindsets like that, which have to resort to red herrings and ill-logic are not going to be convinced until this tower will physically lift itself off the ground and kick them in the ass.

devil, rather than extrapolate the engineering metrics off a much enlarged, grainy photograph taken of a plastic poster on which a poor quality artists rendition of the then-proposed design of the tower, why not instead look at a much clearer rendering of the actual design of the tower that I posted one page ago.

I mean, jeez, you have to either be blind to have missed it or intentionally did omit any reference to it as it flies in the face of your crackpot theories.

The rendering clearly shows the tower having parallel floors, where the topmost sections of the building are clearly not overhanging, and where the jutting facets on the secondary structure below the spire actually structurally rest upon the spired section.

Quote:
you cannot have glass panels leaning outwards in such a tall building. its never been attempted before
Wow, you're right. And you're totally qualified to comment on the engineering of this tower because you're actually reading off the the blueprints of the project resting on your keyboard.

And what a stinging condemnation of glass you've brought to us. There are a hundred of projects out there that use sloping and slanted overhanging glass facades. This Diamond Tower is certainly the most dramatic and exciting of these designs precisely because it will be an engineering masterpiece as well as an architectural one.

Speaking of, you are the only person I've ever heard calling this tower ugly But I really shouldn't be surprised. Devil, your entire participation in these boards re: skyscrapers has entirely consisted of you bitching and whining about how projects are never going to happen, how they shouldn't happen, and gloating that they haven't happened in 2 months, usually using highly opinionated and scarcely logical claims to back up your rants.

This either means you have vested financial or other interests, or you're suffering from some fascinating psychological complex that drives you to throw common sense out the window go out of your way to search for negative things to drivel on about. Either way, it doesn't speak to you very highly as a *trumpets blare majestically* INTERNET INVESTIGATOR AND RENOWNED DEBUNKER OF MIGHTLY SKYSCRAPERIAL CLAIMS

-Jai

Last edited by Jai; March 29th, 2008 at 12:08 AM.
Jai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 12:53 AM   #73
..devil..

are you crazy or do you still not see anything wrong with that render?
the base of the tower is narrower than its mid-section. am i dreaming or are you still trying to defend your position.
yes i would rather wait till the tower lifts off the ground and "kicks me in the ass".
Old March 29th, 2008, 01:18 AM   #74
Illusionist

actually it is not impractical... i have seen designs of building crazier than this and they are under construction.
the case you are talking about was on tv. they had faulty window frames or something...
the basic structure is not narrow in the mid... its almost straight... its only the glass facade which gives that bulding such shape...
i thought you had some strong point but my friend the argument you gave wont stick..

what do you think about these, practical enough for you ??

Last edited by Illusionist; March 29th, 2008 at 01:33 AM.
Illusionist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 01:54 AM   #75
Jai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..devil.. View Post
the base of the tower is narrower than its mid-section.
Even if it is -- which it doesn't appear to be -- it hardly makes this building "impractical" or architecturally implausible Your entire "argument" is an illogical extrapolation of an implausible assumption. You don't make sense.

Indrajal.com,
Keep dreaming. All those buildings are lies and propaganda. It is physically impossible to build anything like that. If you do, the glass will probably explode. All buildings should be vertical blocks and made only of wood. Shame on you for buying into these untruths.

Last edited by Jai; March 29th, 2008 at 02:01 AM.
Old March 29th, 2008, 03:02 AM   #76
Mahratta
Ayatollah

Likes (Received): 12

Devil's right you guys...the project is obviously a giant sham for the sake of PR. All the planning and proof around Gandhinagar - part of the hoax. It's obvious that this high quality, very detailed render has proved that the Gandhinagar project is indeed fake. Not only would the glass burst into flame once it is placed in such a manner, the rest of the construction would follow suit and the tower would collapse, causing an earthquake.

@ Indrajal - Come on! It's obvious that these projects are a PR hoax! If built, they would collapse the minute the last pane of glass was put on!
Old March 29th, 2008, 03:27 AM   #77
..devil..

and thats why i said lets place bets
how about this, if the "diamond tower" gets built as is by 2010 and by "as is" i mean something similar to shown in the render and the height i will paypal the three of you 50$. if for any reason it doesnt go to that height or differs in shape significantly for "safety" reasons you guys paypal me 50$. deal?
Old March 29th, 2008, 03:29 AM   #78
Mahratta
Ayatollah

Likes (Received): 12

Nope. It will probably not be done by 2010. How about you paypal us when it's done?
Old March 29th, 2008, 03:45 AM   #79
Jai

better yet, whoever has to pay will donate their 50 bucks to a charity we all agree on, and we got a deal.
Old March 29th, 2008, 04:25 AM   #80
..devil..

ok remind me to bump this thread on 2010 lest it goes into archives because of lack of updates.

Tags
gujarat